The truth about Nelson Mandela

"But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty..."

Something you guys don't get.

You guys see the "eek, a communist".

What people in South Africa or Cuba or Vietnam see are liberators.

Than let his own people idolize him, but not the rest of the world.

Why not? What he did was kind of impressive. He brought down a racist government by peaceful means, and then led national reconciliation that didn't result in white folks fleeing in leaky boats.

As expected, President Carter will be going to SA to honor Mandela, so that makes four of the five living presidents paying tribute to the man.

Mandela trip dominates Obama's schedule

GHW Bush will not be, due to ill health, though if he could, I'm sure he would be there.

Other notables going: Prime Minister David Cameron, Prince Charles, Desmond Tutu, and a ton of other foreign dignitaries.

There will be 10 days of national mourning, with the first major event being the Memorial service, December 10.

That will be at the Johannesburg soccer stadium which holds close to 100,000 people.

article-2520127-19E5FE5900000578-577_634x528.jpg

Some are saying Mandela will get the greatest burial in history!

I think Mandela makes Obama look terrible. He's an exact opposite of him. I wonder if Obama realizes this.

Is Obama paying rent for that space he occupies in your head?

As opposed to the empty space in your head?

Dude, I really am trying to help, guy.

Because it seems to me that you let Obama dominate your life, to the point where you're kind of obsessed with him, and lo and behold, the guy is going to be president for the next three years. And then they are going to name a bunch of schools after him.

I'll let the rest of the world make that call, Mr Marx.

Saved, I make the assumption that the lord forgave you of your trespasses. Why would you not forgive Mandela for doing what needed to be done?

Last edited:

The people around the world justly admire what Nelson Mandela accomplished. The conversion of South Africa from a totalitarian racist goverment to a democracy by peaceful means was something that any sane man would have said was impossible, considering the injustices that had been committed. Yet Mandela stepped out from 27 years of imprisonment, and managed to talk both sides out of a bloody racial civil war, and into creating a much more just and democratic government.

And people like you simply sit at home, doing nothing but spewing hatred for the good people of this world. Do you see why you will never be held in anything but contempt, and Nelson Mandela will be admired for centuries?

Is Obama paying rent for that space he occupies in your head?

Because it seems to me that you let Obama dominate your life, to the point where you're kind of obsessed with him, and lo and behold, the guy is going to be president for the next three years. And then they are going to name a bunch of schools after him.

I don't need a lecture from a lying piece of shit like you, so save it.

If they were to name any schools after him today they'd end up being firebombed, most likely by Democrats.

If they were to name any schools after him today they'd end up being firebombed, most likely by Democrats.
Tears_zps1d8b717b.jpg

Tears_zps1d8b717b.jpg

I wasn't on here most of this weekend.

I spent most of the weekend not thinking aboot Obama.

All of the praises of Mandela seemed to be over his ability to forgive. Show me where Obama had ever done that. He's so busy trying to get even he can't see straight. One of the reasons you pricks like him.

Patrick Henry said, “Give me liberty or give me death.”

Thomas Jefferson wrote and the Continental Congress adopted that “all men are created equal, and they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights, among which are life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.”

Doesn’t this apply to Nelson Mandela and his people?

Some conservatives say, ah, but he was a communist.

Actually Mandela was raised in a Methodist school, was a devout Christian, turned to communism in desperation only after South Africa was taken over by an extraordinarily racist government determined to eliminate all rights for blacks.

I would ask of his critics: where were some of these conservatives as allies against tyranny? Where were the masses of conservatives opposing Apartheid? In a desperate struggle against an overpowering government, you accept the allies you have just as Washington was grateful for a French monarchy helping him defeat the British.

Finally, if you had been imprisoned for 27 years, 18 of them in a cell eight foot by seven foot, how do you think you would have emerged? Would you have been angry? Would you have been bitter?

Nelson Mandela emerged from 27 years in prison as an astonishingly wise, patient, and compassionate person.

He called for reconciliation among the races. He invited his prison guard to sit in the front row at his inauguration as President. In effect he said to the entire country, “If I can forgive the man who imprisoned me, surely you can forgive your neighbors.”

Far from behaving like a communist, President Mandela reassured businesses that they could invest in South Africa and grow in South Africa. He had learned that jobs come from job creators.

I was very privileged to be able to meet with President Mandela and present the Congressional Medal of Freedom.

As much as any person in our lifetime he had earned our respect and our recognition.
Before you criticize him, ask yourself, what would you have done in his circumstances?

What Would You Have Done? Nelson Mandela and American Conservatives | Gingrich Productions

Credit where credit us due. Hat tip to Newt.

Forum List

Back