The truth about Nelson Mandela

I see. So you believe that the founding fathers of this nation were terrorists.

What is truly ugly is the mentality of people like you.

Yes, they were. I never, however, put any moral judgement on them or Mandela. I'm pouinting out the hypocrisy of Statists who believe they have the moral authority to make the judgment in who is justified in violence and who is not.

Your inability to comperhend that isn't shocking or alarming,

Doesn't there have to be an ethical standard? If all opposition is equal and equally valid, we have the moral equivalence that leads to anarchy, chaos, and the idea that because the Hitlers, Maos, and Mussolinis were justified in their own minds, they were justified in their actions.

Not for nothing, but in his time in prison at hard labor, Mandela came to follow Gandhi, and advocated the bulk of his life to non-violent means of protest, advocacy, and rebellion against horrifically unjust repression. I'm not sure I would agree with all that. I could get to a point under the conditions many live their lives today that, were I faced with the same set of facts, any means necessary to remove the boot from my loved one's necks would be something I could live with.

That said, I still think that those who jumped at this time to vilify this man are ghouls. The man isn't even cold in his grave, and here you all are talking mad trash for cheap and sleazy political framing. :slap:

Again, my point is that some are arguing a moral authority to the use of violence in this instance because they agree with Mendela's cause. At the same time, the Palestinians and many other groups who employ violence in opposition to oppression get labelled far differently. We're fighting a ear on terror in the US right now and have been for over a decade due tot he tactics used by Mendela's group in S. Africa. I do not condemn Mendela, nor the founders, nor any other group that uses violence to ward off or oppose oppression.

My problem is that we create ethical and moral judgments based on hypocrsiy as the authority of the issue when it is political convenient for politicians and sycophants to do so. And we vehemently and violently oppose it from groups who feel they do not have the moral right to defy oppression when it doesn't suite us. Violence is always negative, yet you would never think so when STatists clamor for its necessity.

Discrimination of any kind is wrong. I suppose that is what he fought against.

Unfortunately our Democrats use politics to discriminate against their opposition. They could learn something from Mandela's example. Sadly they won't.

The above post is idiotic.

As if republicans don't use politics to discriminate against their opposition.

What is really humorous is that ol' Mud is a government employee, yet subscribes to 'Conservative' views that state that he is a parasite. You ought to have heard him whine about missing time because of the government shutdown:lol:
Oh that's too funny.

:rofl:

one of the marxist terrorists died.

the alive marxist semi-terrorists want to honor him.

did you all also cried deeply when arafat died?

Something you guys don't get.

You guys see the "eek, a communist".

What people in South Africa or Cuba or Vietnam see are liberators.

LOL

It is YOU who don't GET it.

Wait for the cheers in Cuba when the regime finally crumbles.

Like it was all over Eastern Europe in 1989 and USSR in 1991.

The ones who really experience the totalitarian utopias - can't wait until Ceausescu redemption :lol:

Than let his own people idolize him, but not the rest of the world.

I'll let the rest of the world make that call, Mr Marx.

Saved, I make the assumption that the lord forgave you of your trespasses. Why would you not forgive Mandela for doing what needed to be done?

The rest of the world could not care less that one more terrorist died.

one of the marxist terrorists died.

the alive marxist semi-terrorists want to honor him.

did you all also cried deeply when arafat died?

Arafat was murdered, assassinated, he didn't simply "die," and yes, that was a regrettable lost opportunity, however slight.

Well, he was that. He led the way through terror bombing campaigns and other public violence. As the leader of sucha group. We have other groups that have done similar thigs in recent times that have been attributed much differently than Mendela in the halls of history. It's a double standard because some make the moral arbitration that it was justified being up against what he was up against.

Unfortunately our Democrats use politics to discriminate against their opposition. They could learn something from Mandela's example. Sadly they won't.

Give me some examples......

You fail to see the difference between politics and morals.

As expected, President Carter will be going to SA to honor Mandela, so that makes four of the five living presidents paying tribute to the man.

Mandela trip dominates Obama's schedule

GHW Bush will not be, due to ill health, though if he could, I'm sure he would be there.

Other notables going: Prime Minister David Cameron, Prince Charles, Desmond Tutu, and a ton of other foreign dignitaries.

There will be 10 days of national mourning, with the first major event being the Memorial service, December 10.

That will be at the Johannesburg soccer stadium which holds close to 100,000 people.

article-2520127-19E5FE5900000578-577_634x528.jpg

Some are saying Mandela will get the greatest burial in history!

Obama and 3 past American presidents are attending his funeral. I imagine Bush Sr. isn't going due to health reasons. Leaders from all over the world are attending. This is said to be one of the largest state funerals in history. He was a great, great man.

Last edited:
As expected, President Carter will be going to SA to honor Mandela, so that makes four of the five living presidents paying tribute to the man.

GHW Bush will not be, due to ill health, though if he could, I'm sure he would be there.

Other notables going: Prime Minister David Cameron, Prince Charles, Desmond Tutu, and a ton of other foreign dignitaries.

There will be 10 days of national mourning, with the first major event being the Memorial service, December 10.

That will be at the Johannesburg soccer stadium which holds close to 100,000 people.

Obama and 3 past American presidents are attending his funeral. I imagine Bush Sr. isn't going due to health reasons. Leaders from all over the world are attending. This is said to be one of the largest state funerals in history. He was a great, great man.

That's a matter of opinion.

That's a matter of opinion.

It is the opinion of the vast majority if the world's population.

What is really humorous is that ol' Mud is a government employee, yet subscribes to 'Conservative' views that state that he is a parasite. You ought to have heard him whine about missing time because of the government shutdown:lol:

Besides your bastardisation of my views and the right I think your opinions are in your ass.

Wanna know what whining really is?

It's what happens when anyone dares to be critical of your lord and savior Barack Hussein Obama.

Well, he was that. He led the way through terror bombing campaigns and other public violence. As the leader of sucha group. We have other groups that have done similar thigs in recent times that have been attributed much differently than Mendela in the halls of history. It's a double standard because some make the moral arbitration that it was justified being up against what he was up against.

Oh yeah, he supposedly led terror bombing campaigns while he was STUCK IN A SOUTH AFRICAN PRISON FOR 27 YEARS.

Sure! We have entire criminal organizations run from prisons. Tookie Williams was on death row and directed the murders of witnesses from his prison cell. He was also honored when he was finally executed.

Oh yeah, he supposedly led terror bombing campaigns while he was STUCK IN A SOUTH AFRICAN PRISON FOR 27 YEARS.

Sure! We have entire criminal organizations run from prisons. Tookie Williams was on death row and directed the murders of witnesses from his prison cell. He was also honored when he was finally executed.
George H.W. Bush says Mandela was wrongly imprisoned.

That still doesn't tell me if he really thinks that Mandela was wrongly imprisoned. Only that he said that speaking as the president.

Now IF you intend to say that Mandela should not have been imprisoned but permitted to bomb hospitals and schools as he intended to do, then just say so.

That still doesn't tell me if he really thinks that Mandela was wrongly imprisoned. Only that he said that speaking as the president.

Now IF you intend to say that Mandela should not have been imprisoned but permitted to bomb hospitals and schools as he intended to do, then just say so.

Did you stop beating your wife and kids?

No, just because he said it doesn't mean he said it...or meant it.

<smh>

"Following his 27 years of wrongful imprisonment, it would have been understandable if Mr. Mandela had harbored and expressed more animosity -- more bitterness -- towards his political adversaries. That he didn't is one of the more remarkable examples of grace and dignity I have ever witnessed. More than that, it showed Nelson Mandela's true wisdom and, indeed, his genuine devotion to the cause of all his countrymen that he did not indulge whatever personal emotions he may have felt in private."

Honoring Nelson Mandela | George H. W. Bush

The villagers in S.Vietnam were "liberated" of their freedom, family members, and lives you lying turd. Of course you'd know that if you'd been 5th SFG like you once claimed here. The NLF ruled the countryside with mass murder and terror like all communist movements eventually do when the economy fails, like it always does. We will rue the day we discover trying to turn these tyrants into pussy cats by sending our jobs to them only entrenches them in power.

But if you murdered school teachers, tortured and raped women, mutilated and executed civilians and went by the name of Contras, according the St. Ronnie, you were "the moral equivalent of the Founding Fathers" and not only that - he'll help fund ya and getcha the guns.

Forum List

Back