The trouble with race based Crime statistics.

RKZ said:
Race is an attribute that is easy to identify and so it is a useful metric to keep track of. How are police going to identify a Norwegian-American from a Swedish-American if the arrested man is not self-identifying? How about if he lies? How will the public know a Norwegian-American from a Swedish-American when a stranger is walking down the street?
You asked, I’ll answer! You do realize that most people are proud of their heritage and that many communities have an ethnic identity, especially in the larger cities. Most probably would not mind adding a code letter for their ethnicities on driver’s license applications or voter registration documents.
Initially, whatever ethnicity the person identifies him/herself with will have to do. Anything other than “white..” BTW, race is a synthesis born of separatist ideals. Still, I can see the difference in physiognomies of various European groups. An Italian is usually distinguishable from a German, Those from the UK differ in appearance from the French and Mexicans generally look like Indians. Yet, to the chagrin of people like Matthew and Meathead, they are all considered Caucasian.. Including Amerindians AND people from India.

JQ said:
BTW, how do you propose that Blacks solve any crime problems when you can’t do it with your own kind? Just curious!

RKZ said:
I don't see that white criminality is that large of a problem. You figure out what to do with your community, the goal is to bring down black criminality to white levels and once you do that the perception problem you complain about will go away.

WHOA! Whoa! You have finally said something of great import! You don’t see white criminality as that large of a problem? Tell that to the white criminal’s victims. It’s a huge problem. While you lounge in the comfort of your suburban complex, some white criminal is probably scheming to burglarize your house or rob you through the INTERNET. I make no excuse for Black criminals so stop making excuses for White ones. They are just as dangerous and just as desperate!

Still, I can see the difference in physiognomies of various European groups. An Italian is usually distinguishable from a German, Those from the UK differ in appearance from the French and Mexicans generally look like Indians. Yet, to the chagrin of people like Matthew and Meathead, they are all considered Caucasian.. Including Amerindians AND people from India.

I just want to be clear on one point. Surely you, you of all people, can't really be saying that "all black people look alike" now can you? Those ethnic differences you cite between Germans and Italians also apply to ethnic differences in African populations. Obama is a textbook case. His African ancestry is from EAST Africa, not West Africa, as is the case with most African-Americans whose slave ancestors were captured and shipped from along the West African coast due to ease of shipping.

Odd that you don't seem to be calling for an ethnic classification system for blacks. Why? Because it's of no use to anyone.

Honkies. They notice stuff , what are we goanna do with em? They aren't all ignorant backwards stupid racists. You can fool most of them a lot of the time, though.

Last edited:
Still, I can see the difference in physiognomies of various European groups. An Italian is usually distinguishable from a German, Those from the UK differ in appearance from the French and Mexicans generally look like Indians. Yet, to the chagrin of people like Matthew and Meathead, they are all considered Caucasian.. Including Amerindians AND people from India.

I just want to be clear on one point. Surely you, you of all people, can't really be saying that "all black people look alike" now can you?

I have given you no reason to think that. You came up with that on your own!

Those ethnic differences you cite between Germans and Italians also apply to ethnic differences in African populations.

Yawnnn! As if I didn't know...heh heh heh!

Obama is a textbook case. His African ancestry is from EAST Africa, not West Africa, as is the case with most African-Americans whose slave ancestors were captured and shipped from along the West African coast due to ease of shipping.
So what the heck has that to do with racial perceptions in America? To Matthew, Meathead and other bigots around here they are all ( N**gers). If an East African commits a crime in America, guess where the tick mark falls...right in the Black category.

Odd that you don't seem to be calling for an ethnic classification system for blacks. Why? Because it's of no use to anyone.

In America it is impossible due to matrilineal and patrilineal disruptions caused by admixture of different tribes during and after slavery. If it were possible there might be some advantage in knowing which ethnic groups were committing the most crimes.
I do agree, however that race based criminal stats really are no good to anyone. In the decades since inception absolutely nothing has been accomplished by posting them.
All that data is good for is fodder for online race baiters and political chicanery for right wing hacks!

13% of this nation commits 50% of all murders. How the fuck can you say this isn't so?

Is murder and crime a problem within your world?

Wrong! Most Black killers are male. Their percentage of the population is probably less than half of the over all 14% represented by the total Black population.
So, less than 7% of the population are ARRESTED for, depending on the year, up to 50% of murders in the USA. If you subtract the decent law abiding Black males from that equation, as you should but didn't, as well as those acquitted or were arrested and exonerated the percentage goes even lower. We are expected to believe that between 2 and 3% of the US population are held and CONVICTED for 50% of actual homicides!

But that is' not entirely accurate either. Many of those murders might have had suspects who were arrested but some were set free for lack of evidence. Therefore you may have a homicide but no conviction. A white guy might be the killer but the Black suspects arrested will still get that tick mark! Yes, that statistic still stands. I really did not want to have to get into all of this but you guys seem so clueless that I really had no choice, It is hard work trying to educate you... It is wearing me out!

The trouble with race based Crime statistics:

For more than two decades the FBI UCR and NVCS have been fodder for the promulgation of crime statistics broken down by race. The generalizations formed by many who view those statistics are manifested in many negative ways against innocent Blacks.

How so? You may ask! Numbers don’t lie!

Well, no, numbers do not lie; but, statistics can certainly be manipulated to compliment a lie. Here is how:

For example, one set of statistics may suggest that Blacks are 6 times more likely to commit a crime than Whites are due to the dynamics of proportionality. But, in that assumption a barely noticeable error emerges for the astute observer .

You see, the statistical statement is telling the reader that no matter where Blacks are; or, regardless of what social status they have obtained, they are universally 6 times more likely to commit that specific crime than any group of Whites would. That is patently false. Common sense would tell you that if a group of Hells Angels and a Black Baptist Choir were seated in a Red Lobster restaurant, those FBI statistics would be instantly reversed.

Now, reasonable people can see the fallacy in that statistical glitch but those inclined towards bigotry are blind to anything that might derail their book of numbers.

There is a glitch alright. Oh, boo hoo. No fallacy involved here kiddo. Black crime rates far exceed any other group Do I get a cookie for noticing? I live with blacks, no slice of lemon, straight up. I love it. These witty bitty poor section 8 Negros and their ilk like to lecture me about racism, no wonder all those rich white folks live up there in the gated communities in the mountains with forest fires and mud slides and cougars eating their poodles. Jesus crimomy, not feeling their pain some how.

Last edited:
It's all a glitch, keep telling yourself that. MY white father used to chum up with a black man, next door back in the late 50's. They condescended to take us children down town in a 58 Cadillac. My White father and some black guy where pals in the 50's? race wasn't the issue back then as it's made out to be. Yeah. I also heard racist remarks from black males in the 1960's targeting whites. SO.? Racism is bull.

The trouble with race based Crime statistics:

For more than two decades the FBI UCR and NVCS have been fodder for the promulgation of crime statistics broken down by race. The generalizations formed by many who view those statistics are manifested in many negative ways against innocent Blacks.

How so? You may ask! Numbers don’t lie!

Well, no, numbers do not lie; but, statistics can certainly be manipulated to compliment a lie. Here is how:

For example, one set of statistics may suggest that Blacks are 6 times more likely to commit a crime than Whites are due to the dynamics of proportionality. But, in that assumption a barely noticeable error emerges for the astute observer .

You see, the statistical statement is telling the reader that no matter where Blacks are; or, regardless of what social status they have obtained, they are universally 6 times more likely to commit that specific crime than any group of Whites would. That is patently false. Common sense would tell you that if a group of Hells Angels and a Black Baptist Choir were seated in a Red Lobster restaurant, those FBI statistics would be instantly reversed.

Now, reasonable people can see the fallacy in that statistical glitch but those inclined towards bigotry are blind to anything that might derail their book of numbers.

There is a glitch alright. Oh, boo hoo. No fallacy involved here kiddo. Black crime rates far exceed any other group Do I get a cookie for noticing? I live with blacks, no slice of lemon, straight up. I love it. These witty bitty poor section 8 Negros and their ilk like to lecure me about racism, no wonder all those rich white folks live up there in the gated
comunities in the mountains with forest fires and mud slides and cougars eating their poodles. Jesus crimomy, not feeling their pain some how.

Hello, toots!. Have you been following this thread or did you just read the op and decide to jump on in? Are you telling me you don't see the fallacy apparent in my anecdote?
Woman, what's wrong with you? Take them sunglasses off and pull your hair back out of your face so you can read my words of wisdom!

It's all a glitch, keep telling yourself that. MY white father used to chum up with a black man, next door back in the late 50's. They condescended to take us children down town in a 58 Cadillac. My White father and some black guy where pals in the 50's? race wasn't the issue back then as it's made out to be. Yeah. I also heard racist remarks from black males in the 1960's targeting whites. SO.? Racism is bull.

Whatcha been drinking, hon?

Not the coolaid theyve been drowning the black community in for years.

Not the coolaid theyve been drowning the black community in for years.
Here we go with that mysterious "they" again.

Forum List

Back