The trouble with race based Crime statistics.

JQPublic1

Gold Member
Aug 10, 2012
The trouble with race based Crime statistics:

For more than two decades the FBI UCR and NVCS have been fodder for the promulgation of crime statistics broken down by race. The generalizations formed by many who view those statistics are manifested in many negative ways against innocent Blacks.

How so? You may ask! Numbers don’t lie!

Well, no, numbers do not lie; but, statistics can certainly be manipulated to compliment a lie. Here is how:

For example, one set of statistics may suggest that Blacks are 6 times more likely to commit a crime than Whites are due to the dynamics of proportionality. But, in that assumption a barely noticeable error emerges for the astute observer .

You see, the statistical statement is telling the reader that no matter where Blacks are; or, regardless of what social status they have obtained, they are universally 6 times more likely to commit that specific crime than any group of Whites would. That is patently false. Common sense would tell you that if a group of Hells Angels and a Black Baptist Choir were seated in a Red Lobster restaurant, those FBI statistics would be instantly reversed.

Now, reasonable people can see the fallacy in that statistical glitch but those inclined towards bigotry are blind to anything that might derail their book of numbers.

That's funny. You lefties are quite fond of using statistics to "prove" any number of your left wing talking points. Your reasoning, which I have no problem with, only works when you say it applies right?

For more than two decades the FBI UCR and NVCS have been fodder for the promulgation of crime statistics broken down by race. The generalizations formed by many who view those statistics are manifested in many negative ways against innocent Blacks.

Well, no, numbers do not lie; but, statistics can certainly be manipulated to compliment a lie. Here is how:

For example, one set of statistics may suggest that Blacks are 6 times more likely to commit a crime than Whites are due to the dynamics of proportionality. But, in that assumption a barely noticeable error emerges for the astute observer .

You see, the statistical statement is telling the reader that no matter where Blacks are; or, regardless of what social status they have obtained, they are universally 6 times more likely to commit that specific crime than any group of Whites would. That is patently false. Common sense would tell you that if a group of Hells Angels and a Black Baptist Choir were seated in a Red Lobster restaurant, those FBI statistics would be instantly reversed.

Now, reasonable people can see the fallacy in that statistical glitch but those inclined towards bigotry are blind to anything that might derail their book of numbers.

I'm willing to strike a bargain. You don't want race used in governance and neither do I. Let's make that happen. We forbid the collection of race in statistics and we also strike down all race-based civil rights laws, affirmative action, race in prison reports, race in arrests reports, race in wage disparity analysis, race in housing analysis, etc.

Race, at least from statistical reports and law, simply doesn't exist. Every person is an individual.

That's funny. You lefties are quite fond of using statistics to "prove" any number of your left wing talking points. Your reasoning, which I have no problem with, only works when you say it applies right?

On some issues I am liberal and on some I am conservative. This topic is one that neither political faction has addressed. In any case, when statistics are used by anyone to clarify or underline talking points, due diligence is in order and said statistics should be thoroughly scrutinized.

Blacks dominate the prison population. The statistics can't be off by much.

I'm willing to strike a bargain. You don't want race used in governance and neither do I. Let's make that happen. We forbid the collection of race in statistics and we also strike down all race-based civil rights laws, affirmative action, race in prison reports, race in arrests reports, race in wage disparity analysis, race in housing analysis, etc.

Race, at least from statistical reports and law, simply doesn't exist. Every person is an individual.
In a world where people are judged by the content of their character and not by the color of their skin, your offer might have merit. Perhaps if we start with abolishing Crime statistics by race, that ideal might be realized and the stage would then be set to end all race monitoring. Let take it one step at a time!

In a world where people are judged by the content of their character and not by the color of their skin, your offer might have merit. Perhaps if we start with abolishing Crime statistics by race, that ideal might be realized and the stage would then be set to end all race monitoring. Let take it one step at a time!

The way negotiation works is that each side is supposed to get something from the deal. How about we eradicate crime-based statistical reporting and revoke Civil Rights laws at the same time, and we each get something and we move towards removing race from the regulatory state.

I don't see any benefit from not compiling statistics on race as it intersects crime but continuing to compile statistics on race when it comes to a company's hiring and promotion policies.

If I want to complain about high levels of black criminality and I no longer have access to statistics which report on this phenomenon and you want to complain about black under-representation in medical schools or in law firms and you can point to all sorts of statistics which document your concern, then why on Earth would I agree to such a one-sided deal?

all the interracial rapes are 100% black on white asswipe

How many is that? Two or three? 'll get back to you on that one...I had better review the FBI page myself to see if you are lying, as I suspect you are. If not, though, you must realize that if White guys wouldn't whistle at Black gangsters on the street, they wouldn't get raped! Heh heh heh!

On a more serious note "chuckle" you must admit that only a small fraction of Black males commit rape while White males rape more in general...Who cares if a rapist is Black or white? You're screwed either way!

Well, if it is an interracial rape...the percentage would be pretty high...ummm, 100% because it was an inter-racial rape. Typical racist lemmings. They don't understand what they are saying.

all the interracial rapes are 100% black on white asswipe

Link?

From the Criminal Victimization in the United States, 2008 Statistical Tables

Interracialrape_zps740ab999.jpg

The way negotiation works is that each side is supposed to get something from the deal. How about we eradicate crime-based statistical reporting and revoke Civil Rights laws at the same time, and we each get something and we move towards removing race from the regulatory state.

I don't see any benefit from not compiling statistics on race as it intersects crime but continuing to compile statistics on race when it comes to a company's hiring and promotion policies.

If I want to complain about high levels of black criminality and I no longer have access to statistics which report on this phenomenon and you want to complain about black under-representation in medical schools or in law firms and you can point to all sorts of statistics which document your concern, then why on Earth would I agree to such a one-sided deal?
There was no negotiation to install the race based crime statistic apparatus... If so, what was gained by the opposing side...if there was one? Besides, there is no Constitutional basis for race based crime statistics.

OTOH. Civil Rights laws and Affirmative Action were non-negotiable too and they do not only include protections for Blacks. White women have benefitted most. Civil Rights legislation emanates from the XIV Amendment of the U.S. Constitution. Your "offer" wouldn't get pass the Supreme Court. My rejection of Race Based Crime statistics probably would.

There was no negotiation to install the race based crime statistic apparatus...

You don't need negotiation to set up recording systems which add value and provide clarity to a situation. This is just basic recordkeeping. We see it in accounting, we see it in teachers adding up student scores to award a term grade, we see it in weather reports, etc. For crime we see monthly reports, we see age reports, we see outcome reports. There's no reason to exclude race reports.

If so, what was gained by the opposing side...if there was one?

Clarity. It's hugely beneficial to know more about the world than to know less. In this negotiation game that we're playing, what we're discussing are proposals to actually make us less knowledgeable about the world, to hide information.

You want to hide information because you find it embarrassing that blacks have such a high crime rate and you find the consequences of group behavior are blowing down onto innocent blacks who are not criminals.

I want to hide information because I want to deny litigious blacks the information that they can use to extort treasure from government and private entities because of some grievance about inadequate racial representation.

Besides, there is no Constitutional basis for race based crime statistics.

No one needs Constitutional cover to record what goes on in reality. Do you need a Constitutional pass to count how many ducks land on your lawn in a given year?

Civil Rights legislation emanates from the XIV Amendment of the U.S. Constitution.

You're playing the misdirection game with definitions. The Civil Rights to which you refer are the right to vote, to be treated as an equal.

Those rights are not in jeopardy. The modern version of "civil rights" involves actual violations of the human rights of others. For a black man not to be insulted by a rejection of private employment based on the fact that he's black, the employer is FORCED to associate with that black man by hiring him. Dignity is not a human right. Freedom of association is. In order to spare dignity modern American "civil rights" law violates human rights.

There are all sorts of racial give-aways, set asides, spoils and redistribution programs in place which find cover under perverted "civil rights" laws, law which have significantly deviated from the understanding we all have that civil rights focus on the government treating every citizen civilly and fairly, without bias or favoritism. Some future Supreme Court or Constitutional clarification will eventually correct this error, just like with Dred Scott.

Your "offer" wouldn't get pass the Supreme Court. My rejection of Race Based Crime statistics probably would.

If there's no benefit to me, then I have no need to negotiate, which makes your plan to hide embarrassing racial crime data very hard to defend because I would be thwarting your plan at every step.

You see, neither approach, yours nor mine, is actually a good policy - hiding data is simply bad public policy. There's nothing I can do right now to stop blacks, and their enablers in the liberal army, from oppressing society with their racial quotas, so I'm choosing the lesser evil of denying you access to the information you use to practice that extortion. I'd much rather have open information for everyone and just deny you the legal cover for extortion and racial spoils programs, in other words, force you to make peace with living in a society of equal opportunity where everyone is treated equally even if all this equality results is seriously unequal OUTCOMES.

There's only one reason JQPubic1 would not want race included in crime statistics, and I think we all know what that reason is. Ain't that right, JQ?

The statistical statement does certainly does not specify that any groups of blacks is 6 times more likely to commit a crime than any specific group of whites. Only a study of black churchgoers and white bikers could divulge the statistics in your example.

It's like saying black gangbangers are 6 times more likely than Jewish grandmothers to smoke crack cocaine.

It's a thoroughly idiotic comparison.

Last edited:
There was no negotiation to install the race based crime statistic apparatus...

You don't need negotiation to set up recording systems which add value and provide clarity to a situation. This is just basic recordkeeping. We see it in accounting, we see it in teachers adding up student scores to award a term grade, we see it in weather reports, etc. For crime we see monthly reports, we see age reports, we see outcome reports. There's no reason to exclude race reports.

I agree. You don't need negotiations to set up a race based crime statistic apparatus...all you need is clandestine strategy and the will to use anything you can to grind an entire ethnicity down by exploiting the lowest common denominator. Those very statistics may be responsible for perpetuating the obsessive hate carried silently by so many angry White males. You've heard the story about a young black woman being shot in the face when she knocked on a white man's door seeking help after her car broke down. If she had worn a blonde wig she might still be alive today! Surely, even you can understand the far reaching effects of race based statistics on those Blacks who mean you no harm. That is reason enough for those race reports to be excluded....not to mention the question of infringement on Black's Civil Rights by whites who have always hated Blacks.

JQ said:
If so, what was gained by the opposing side...if there was one?

Rkz said:
Clarity. It's hugely beneficial to know more about the world than to know less. In this negotiation game that we're playing, what we're discussing are proposals to actually make us less knowledgeable about the world, to hide information.
First off, I am NOT playing your game. I am saying that the federal government has no business advocating violence and discrimination through information that is misused, such as race based statistics. Is THAT clear enough for you? BTW why would I negotiate with you , that is just plain silly.

Also, the UCR and NVCS are not all that accurate... When you realize the considerable bias that infects this country as well as the justice system your views might change, that is, unless you are too far gone.

Knowledge is great until it is misused or twisted by statistical input to create a race of demons where there are relatively few!

RKZ said:
You want to hide information because you find it embarrassing that blacks have such a high crime rate and you find the consequences of group behavior are blowing down onto innocent blacks who are not criminals.

I am no more embarrassed by the Black criminal rate than you are by the white criminal rate. Are you embarrassed by the vast genocide campaigns carried out by whites? Were the Italians embarrased by the Mafia. Germans, Irish and Jewish gangs didn't seem to embarrass white people when they were running rampant. We still see romanticized hollywood films glamorizing white violence and crime.

RKZ said:
I want to hide information because I want to deny litigious blacks the information that they can use to extort treasure from government and private entities because of some grievance about inadequate racial representation.

I really believe you mean that! That is what NAACP lawyers are for... Laymen don't have the time or inclination to grapple with the legalese involved in preparing lawsuits. Absurd statements such as the one you have just posted is so un- American as to defy all Constitutional reasoning. fortunately for Blacks, White women and other minorities, your archaic philosophy is no longer valid. Various present day bigots have tried to discourage Blacks from voting, they've tried gerrymandering to choose their voters instead of the other way around, and they have alienated White women in the process. You can't hide information from all the groups you have offended, including Blacks! Its too late...we know what you are!

rkz said:
No one needs Constitutional cover to record what goes on in reality. Do you need a Constitutional pass to count how many ducks land on your lawn in a given year?

That poor analogy borders on becoming a non-sequitur. Only a Quack would use ducks to voice an opinion
on Constitutional politics. By your logic, we should record everything that goes on in reality. Why not break crime statistics down by ethnicity as well as race. I want to know how many German-Americans are murderers. I want to know if Scandinavian Americans are prone to mail bombing. How about letting the public know if Frenchmen or Italians are more prone to sexual assault or rape? why is that information being hidden?

Forum List

Back