The trade war with China is over. China won.

The trade war between the United States and China could lead to a global recession.
In August 2008, a large screen high resolution TV made in China cost $2000.00.
In September 2008 the market crashed and China couldn’t sell a TV.
In December 2008, the same TV that cost $2000.00 in August 2008 cost $600.00 and companies making their products in China were still making a killing.
Tell us how we’re not currently being ripped off by companies that make their stuff in China.
The only long term hurt will be felt by China.

America has about 327 million people. Those 327 million people have an outside influence on the rest of the world. American companies are global juggernauts. They literally just opened a Burger King in the Amazone forest. So when you say isolationism I believe you mean anti-globalism. Globalism though is what is responsible for a large part of the wealth in the US. If I misstate your position feel free to set the record straight. Anyway, my point is that isolationism simply is unsustainable without greatly impoverishing your population. Saying otherwise is simply replacing reality with faith.

You are misstating my opinion, but I don’t believe it’s intentional. You’ve probably never met a true Isolationist like myself. I truly believe this nation needs to close itself off from the rest of the world completely. No globalism. No outside trade. No. Ultimate-national companies. No communications or travel.

North Korea, in other words.

And you can be damned sure that your "businessman" idol, Trump, does what I do, buy the most economical quality available.

Yep. That’s why we need regulations to stop this international trade and force companies to either be American (American owned, using domestic labor and materials to make products for the domestic market) or Foreign (foreign owned and using foreign labor and materials to make goods for the foreign market). The two should not be allowed to be intermingled.

You realize that the world you live in died before WW2, don't you? There is no such thing as "American Owned". Every corporation has stockholders all over the world. In fact, a Ford plant was taken over by the revolutionaries in Russia in 1917.

You realize that the world you live in died before WW2, don't you? There is no such thing as "American Owned". Every corporation has stockholders all over the world. In fact, a Ford plant was taken over by the revolutionaries in Russia in 1917.

That’s why that world needs to be revived. America First. America ONLY!!!

America Only is too much, too far.
America First. Then we do for others.

I'll bet that your rallies are pretty small.

Like that Mexican-built Chevy you had, maybe?

Well, at least Mexico isn't building hypersonic missiles to take out our aircraft carriers or propping up and protecting nuclear-armed rogue states like North Korea.

There is no such thing as "American Owned".

I've noticed that you make a fair number of outrageous comments and, when asked to back them up, you run.

Actually, I never "run". Name a corporation that is "American Owned". I am an American, and I own Honda and Toyota stock. I am sure that there are lots of Chinese who own GM stock. You guys who are against globalism are blowing against the wind. You are pining for the days when colonial empires existed, and all the tea in the world was transported and distributed by British clipper ships. Get over it. Those days are over.

You guys who are against globalism are blowing against the wind. You are pining for the days when colonial empires existed, and all the tea in the world was transported and distributed by British clipper ships. Get over it. Those days are over.

No. I’m pining for Fortress America. Nothing more and nothing less. Anyone who leaves doesn’t get to come back and few, if any, from outside ever get in. No trade. No economic or political interaction. Extremely limited communications.

You guys who are against globalism are blowing against the wind. You are pining for the days when colonial empires existed, and all the tea in the world was transported and distributed by British clipper ships. Get over it. Those days are over.

No. I’m pining for Fortress America. Nothing more and nothing less. Anyone who leaves doesn’t get to come back and few, if any, from outside ever get in. No trade. No economic or political interaction. Extremely limited communications.

Good luck with that. Keep your lance sharp for all those windmills out there.

No. I’m pining for Fortress America. Nothing more and nothing less. Anyone who leaves doesn’t get to come back .....

Great. When do you leave?

Grow up, Uk. It isn't about me.

Forum List

Back