The trade war with China is over. China won.

You guys who are against globalism are blowing against the wind. You are pining for the days when colonial empires existed, and all the tea in the world was transported and distributed by British clipper ships. Get over it. Those days are over.

No. I’m pining for Fortress America. Nothing more and nothing less. Anyone who leaves doesn’t get to come back .....

Great. When do you leave?

Grow up, Uk. It isn't about me.

I wasn’t talking to you.

You guys who are against globalism are blowing against the wind. You are pining for the days when colonial empires existed, and all the tea in the world was transported and distributed by British clipper ships. Get over it. Those days are over.

No. I’m pining for Fortress America. Nothing more and nothing less. Anyone who leaves doesn’t get to come back and few, if any, from outside ever get in. No trade. No economic or political interaction. Extremely limited communications.

Just like North Korea.

No. I’m pining for Fortress America. Nothing more and nothing less. Anyone who leaves doesn’t get to come back and few, if any, from outside ever get in. No trade. No economic or political interaction. Extremely limited communications.

That’s stupid and will never happen. Next?

That’s stupid and will never happen. Next?
... :lmao:

[QUOTE="Unkotare, post: 22670467, member: 31918”]That’s stupid and will never happen. Next?[/QUOTE]

We will have to see. After the coming Civil War you never know what might come about.

The trade war is over — and China won (link)

The only results of all this is that Americans will continue to pay 25% more for Chinese goods.

Lol....

Not only is that author clueless about what is really happening those who read him and willingly believe what they want to believe anyway ..... Are just mentally vacant.

So far nearby 20 billion in tariffs have been collected.... You should be happy that someone is doing something about the slave labor in Red China.... Another reason Trump deserves a Nobel.

As the manufacturers leave China for other destinations.... As they are right now.... The tariffs will drop.... The employees who are not slaves will have jobs.... And the market share for US goods will increase creating more jobs here.

Here's a clue. Buy American or STFU!

JO

[QUOTE="Unkotare, post: 22670467, member: 31918”]That’s stupid and will never happen. Next?

We will have to see. After the coming Civil War you never know what might come about.[/QUOTE]

Coming when, you big mouth idiot? When exactly?

The only results of all this is that Americans will continue to pay 25% more for Chinese goods.

Lol....

Not only is that author clueless about what is really happening those who read him and willingly believe what they want to believe anyway ..... Are just mentally vacant.

So far nearby 20 billion in tariffs have been collected.... You should be happy that someone is doing something about the slave labor in Red China.... Another reason Trump deserves a Nobel.

As the manufacturers leave China for other destinations.... As they are right now.... The tariffs will drop.... The employees who are not slaves will have jobs.... And the market share for US goods will increase creating more jobs here.

JO

So the government has collected $20 billion in tariffs, which was passed on to you in the form of price increases. How much of that is being rebated back to you by the government in the form of credit to your income taxes?

Lol....

JO

I just had to revisit your post one more time. Why don't I buy American? Ok, there are several reasons. This is the most important one. American manufacturers build CRAP! The last American car I bought was a 2000 Cadillac Eldorado. I babyed that thing so carefully, that it should have lasted forever. At 30,000 miles or so, it began to burn oil at the rate of a quart ever 4,000 miles. By 50,000 miles, it was burning a quart ever 2,500 miles. I went to the dealer and he opened the owners manual and read to me that this was NORMAL for the NorthStar Engine! I have owned 12 motorcycles in my life. Not one of them was American. For the most part, all you could buy that was American made was a Harley, and until just a few years back, they did not even have a water cooled engine, which is NOT good if you live in Southern AZ, like I do. Why should I encourage American manufacturers who make crap to continue to do so, instead of encouraging them to compete successful with better foreign companies? Consumer Reports and I agree that for quality and reliability, no American car can compete with Toyota and Honda, which are all I buy now. I remember when Honda first started selling cars in the US in 1971. They were junk. But, by 1985 they were superior to American cars. it is not my fault that America can not produce competitive quality. If anything, it is YOUR fault, for buying crap. You encourage them to make it, and you lap it up.

And if you think that your Ford is an American product, think again. I live next to the Santa Cruz River Valley in S. AZ, and every other night a train crosses the border from Mexico carrying new Fords north. Even if you bought a Ford that was assembled in the USA, the transmission, the axle, the starter motor and the radiator were built in Mexico. I am not prepared to buy a car without those things.

This is a capitalist country, not a planned economy, like the Soviet Union had. If your best effort is a Pontiac Aztec or a Ford Pinto, then you deserve to be put out of business.

So if your idiotic fantasy doesn't come true in five years you'll come back here and admit you are a hopeless fucking idiot?

How about this... if it doesn’t happen in the next five years we’ll meet up, I’ll buy us a nice blowfish dinner?

Last edited:

Americans aren't paying 25% more for consumer goods, in fact, inflation isn't even hitting the Fed's targets.

I don't understand why, given what a dirty filthy producer China is, the Left carries water for the Chi-Coms on every US/China disagreement.

BUT PLASTIC-STRAW BANS LET BUSYBODIES FEEL GOOD ABOUT THEMSELVES: International researchers estimate that as much as 73 percent of the garbage in the Atlantic Ocean originates from Chinese merchant vessels, Canada’s National Post reported on Tuesday.

Trump needs to keep ramping up the tariffs until China cleans up ALL this plastic they just toss over the rails of their merchant ships like the ocean is their own personal toilet.

Americans aren't paying 25% more for consumer goods, in fact, inflation isn't even hitting the Fed's targets.

I don't understand why, given what a dirty filthy producer China is, the Left carries water for the Chi-Coms on every US/China disagreement.

BUT PLASTIC-STRAW BANS LET BUSYBODIES FEEL GOOD ABOUT THEMSELVES: International researchers estimate that as much as 73 percent of the garbage in the Atlantic Ocean originates from Chinese merchant vessels, Canada’s National Post reported on Tuesday.

Trump needs to keep ramping up the tariffs until China cleans up ALL this plastic they just toss over the rails of their merchant ships like the ocean is their own personal toilet.

Banning plastic straws gives the Stalinists POWER over individuals. What democrats want is POWER, they want to RULE you. The primary goal of the Stalinists is to end individual rights, to make you bow to them. They attack free speech, free religion. They use their Brown Shirts to attack the press that isn't kowtowing to them. They destroy the protection of search and siezure, claiming the 4th doesn't protect your papers (intellectual property) and property, it only means abortion up to 9 years of a childs life.

Last edited:

So, Trump raises your taxes by 25%, but it doesn't cost you anything.

Only a Trumpette would believe that.

Raised taxes by 25%? :rofl:

Only a Stalinist could tell such an absurd lie.

Tell me comrade, the effect on the CPI from the trade war is what?

1. 0%
  2. 0%
  3. 0%
  4. 0%
It's one of the four answers above, do you know which?

Elaborate on what prices have gone up.

He didn't raise our taxes, he placed tariffs on the goods. If the US Consumer isn't seeing tariff driven inflation, the US Consumer is not paying these tariffs. A look at the Producers Index shows no unusual inflation either, ergo, CHINA is paying these tariffs by reducing their prices. And that's their choice. They can either treat us fairly and quit stealing from us, or they can pay more in tariffs. So far, they are choosing to pay the tariffs, but, Trump continues to help them find their price point.

Why should Trump let them steal from us for nothing if they are willing to pay to steal from us?

He didn't raise our taxes, he placed tariffs on the goods. If the US Consumer isn't seeing tariff driven inflation, the US Consumer is not paying these tariffs. A look at the Producers Index shows no unusual inflation either, ergo, CHINA is paying these tariffs by reducing their prices. And that's their choice. They can either treat us fairly and quit stealing from us, or they can pay more in tariffs. So far, they are choosing to pay the tariffs, but, Trump continues to help them find their price point.

Why should Trump let them steal from us for nothing if they are willing to pay to steal from us?

The price of the washer and dryer I was buying went up $200, with that much more going to the federal government, than before, and you don't think that Trump has raised my taxes?

Rave on, Zorro….

The price of the washer and dryer I was buying went up $200, with that much more going to the federal government, than before, and you don't think that Trump has raised my taxes?

Rave on, Zorro….
Some things go up but they are offset by things that go down. On the net, consumer inflation is not an issue.

Trump ramped up tariffs in mid 2018 and the chart below shows how inflation has responded.

fredgraph.png

Consumer price inflation simply has not become an issue.

Forum List

Back