There can be no beginning of time. We can only talk about what happened 13.5 billion years ago but make no mistake there was 15 billion years ago

Huh? Are you serious?

"years" are merely a measurement humans equate with motion of our planet around a sun. Our entire universe is in perpetual motion which only happens with time for it to happen in. So how can there be "years" before a universe? You don't even know what you're talking about anymore, just rambling idiocy.

Are Isaac Newtons Laws of Motion valid or not, silly boob? :dunno:

If they are... then the universe HAD a beginning and will HAVE an end! Time will also have a beginning and ending, correlating with said universe in which it exists.

Is Albert Einstein wrong with Theory of General Relativity or not, silly boob? :dunno:

If he is correct, Time is directly related to space and is a byproduct of an expanding universe. So it can't exist if the universe doesn't exist and isn't ever-expanding. Furthermore, time is relative. At the speed of light, time become nil. The reason a black hole is black is because time doesn't exist beyond the event horizon. There is literally no time for light to escape.

The universe is in motion, it's actually expanding all the time and it is accelerating in it's rate of expansion, according to observations. If we can believe Newton and Einstein are correct, we have to assume the "cyclical universe" theories which have persisted the last century or so, are incorrect. We don't have an "expanding/contracting" universe.

But now... ONE last point I would like to make about this revelation you've made on the Eternal and Everlasting Universe and Endless Time.... It strikes me this is pretty much the same faith in "something greater" that the "believers" have.
You keep referring to this universe. And there is so much wrong scattered in to the facts you post, I don't even know where to begin. Time "as you know it" or space "as we know it" but make no mistake there were seconds minutes days weeks months years leading up to the big bang.

Einstein can't tell you about before the big bang.

I don't think you grasp the word infinite. You certainly put your God in a box

There can be no beginning of time. We can only talk about what happened 13.5 billion years ago but make no mistake there was 15 billion years ago

Huh? Are you serious?

"years" are merely a measurement humans equate with motion of our planet around a sun. Our entire universe is in perpetual motion which only happens with time for it to happen in. So how can there be "years" before a universe? You don't even know what you're talking about anymore, just rambling idiocy.

If they are... then the universe HAD a beginning and will HAVE an end! Time will also have a beginning and ending, correlating with said universe in which it exists.

Is Albert Einstein wrong with Theory of General Relativity or not, silly boob? :dunno:

If he is correct, Time is directly related to space and is a byproduct of an expanding universe. So it can't exist if the universe doesn't exist and isn't ever-expanding. Furthermore, time is relative. At the speed of light, time become nil. The reason a black hole is black is because time doesn't exist beyond the event horizon. There is literally no time for light to escape.

The universe is in motion, it's actually expanding all the time and it is accelerating in it's rate of expansion, according to observations. If we can believe Newton and Einstein are correct, we have to assume the "cyclical universe" theories which have persisted the last century or so, are incorrect. We don't have an "expanding/contracting" universe.

But now... ONE last point I would like to make about this revelation you've made on the Eternal and Everlasting Universe and Endless Time.... It strikes me this is pretty much the same faith in "something greater" that the "believers" have.

If the idea of inflation is correct, it is possible that our universe is part of a much larger multiverse. And the most popular form would produce a kind of eternal inflation, where universes are springing up all the time. Ours would just happen to be one of them.

What looks like a beginning in need of a cause may just be due to our own perspective. We like to think of effects always having a cause, but the Universe might be an exception. The Universe might simply be. Because.

It's kind of fun coming to this thread occasionally to read Dark Age philosophy. It is kind of like going to a Renaissance Fair and having the opportunity to try to shoot an arrow into a target. But, the dark Ages, being further back in time than the Renaissance, is more interesting because one would expect to find torture implements from the Inquisition on display. Also, one would expect some monk to be walking around selling lifetime indulgences for a guaranteed trip to heaven.

Huh? Are you serious?

You think so small you fail to realize time goes on after you stop counting.

Just because this universe and clocks stop existing doesn't mean time stops too. Do you get that?

What about 1 minute before the big bang.

Your problem is you think this universe is all there is. So naive

You're about the dumbest person I know who thinks he's smart.

Time is the fourth dimension of our physical universe and it is relevant according to Albert Einstein. There was no "one minute before the big bang" because there couldn't be. How can a dimension of something exist before the something exists? This theory of yours defies physical nature. So are you talking about "Spiritual Time" or something? :dunno:

Your problem is you think this universe is all there is.

This is hilarious. I believe in Spiritual Nature and you claim you don't. Yet, you believe there is something more than the universe without any physical science to support that. Sounds like we have basically the same exact FAITH and we're simply defining it with different words.

You keep referring to this universe. And there is so much wrong scattered in to the facts you post, I don't even know where to begin. Time "as you know it" or space "as we know it" but make no mistake there were seconds minutes days weeks months years leading up to the big bang.

God, what a total nut bag you are! Do you believe in God or not? You claim over and over that you don't, then you espouse these concepts that defy physics and physical nature and insist they are facts. I ask you again, how can a dimension of something exist before the thing itself exists?

An Infinity (∞) is a nightmare for a physicist. Mathematics can't calculate or measure an infinity. And yet... here you are, pretending that an infinity is perfectly natural in physical nature. I wish you'd show the mathematical formula which proves your theory because you would be famous... the man who proved God is physically real!

We like to think of effects always having a cause, but the Universe might be an exception. The Universe might simply be. Because.

Because! ....Now there is some sound scientific logic!

So.... Instead of "God did it"® we have "just Because!"

It's kind of fun coming to this thread occasionally to read Dark Age philosophy. It is kind of like going to a Renaissance Fair and having the opportunity to try to shoot an arrow into a target. But, the dark Ages, being further back in time than the Renaissance, is more interesting because one would expect to find torture implements from the Inquisition on display. Also, one would expect some monk to be walking around selling lifetime indulgences for a guaranteed trip to heaven.

It's kind of fun watching you pop in now and again to let us know you still lack the intellectual wattage to participate in the debate but couldn't resist the urge to slap around some Christians.

No, what we have is a question mark, instead of the fiat of some priest or shaman. And that is when progress begins. That is how the theory of evolution was developed. A question mark, and then letting observations and evidence that nature provides give us the answers.

Huh? Are you serious?

Just because this universe and clocks stop existing doesn't mean time stops too. Do you get that?

Time is the fourth dimension of our physical universe and it is relevant according to Albert Einstein. There was no "one minute before the big bang" because there couldn't be. How can a dimension of something exist before the something exists? This theory of yours defies physical nature. So are you talking about "Spiritual Time" or something? :dunno:

This is hilarious. I believe in Spiritual Nature and you claim you don't. Yet, you believe there is something more than the universe without any physical science to support that. Sounds like we have basically the same exact FAITH and we're simply defining it with different words.

YOU are the dumbest person who thinks he's smart. How can you not realize that time existed 1 million years before your universe started? I'm not talking about Post Big Bang Time.

What do you think your god was doing 1 million years before the big bang?

Are you confusing generic time with the time you experience in this universe? I understand everything that Einstein was saying about "time" but that doesn't mean god didn't exist prior to 13.5 billion years. There are other universes you know.

Are you suggesting God was born with the big bang too? If not, where did he live and what did he do for infinity before before the big bang?

If the big bang happened 13.5 billion years ago, what was your god doing 15.5 billion years ago? Explain it to me since I'm so dumb.

We like to think of effects always having a cause, but the Universe might be an exception. The Universe might simply be. Because.

There are things you will never get an answer to. So, why is the universe? What is the purpose? Maybe there is no purpose?

God, what a total nut bag you are! Do you believe in God or not? You claim over and over that you don't, then you espouse these concepts that defy physics and physical nature and insist they are facts. I ask you again, how can a dimension of something exist before the thing itself exists?

An Infinity (∞) is a nightmare for a physicist. Mathematics can't calculate or measure an infinity. And yet... here you are, pretending that an infinity is perfectly natural in physical nature. I wish you'd show the mathematical formula which proves your theory because you would be famous... the man who proved God is physically real!

Nothing I say defies physics. Physics is something we use within this universe. It doesn't apply itself to before the big bang. I'm just talking logically. Of course if there was a 10 second count down to the big bang then time existed before the big bang. What was YOUR god doing a day before the big bang?

Things can exist in different contexts: God exists, in the sense that God is an idea that people have. Atheists can comment perfectly fine on the implications of belief and on god as a character without being required to believe in god.

When atheists agree with the premise of a god’s existence for the purpose of showing the absurdity of a theistic argument, they may still question conclusions about god’s nature by debating the correctness of the inference.

If the idea of inflation is correct, and it might be, it is possible that our universe is part of a much larger multiverse. And the most popular form would produce a kind of eternal inflation, where universes are springing up all the time. Ours would just happen to be one of them. What looks like a beginning in need of a cause may just be due to our own perspective. We like to think of effects always having a cause, but the Universe might be an exception. The Universe might simply be.

What looks like a beginning in need of a cause may just be due to our own perspective
What looks like a beginning in need of a cause may just be due to our own perspective

Do you fucking get it you fucking retard. You think so small. You don't have all the answers but act like you do. You're the most retarded USMB theist on these boards. At least the other fucking idiots have an excuse. They've swallowed a lie and believe this god visited. OH YEA I forgot this god has visited you too. Boss, you're a fucking joke.

It's kind of fun watching you pop in now and again to let us know you still lack the intellectual wattage to participate in the debate but couldn't resist the urge to slap around some Christians.

Guilty as charged.....

Huh? Are you serious?

You wrote: " There was no "one minute before the big bang" because there couldn't be. How can a dimension of something exist before the something exists? This theory of yours defies physical nature"

Listen to what Hawking had to say about this: Since events before the Big Bang have no observational consequences, one may as well cut them out of the theory, and say that time began at the Big Bang. Events before the Big Bang, are simply not defined, because there's no way one could measure what happened at them.

So I don't think Einstein is saying that time/space/matter/other universes/the cosmos/god didn't exist back before the big bang. But for us, as far as we can see, all we can go by is from the big bang and forward. Anything like multiverses and time before the big bang can only be speculated.

I just find it crazy you believe that nothing, not even god, existed 14 billion years ago. Really?

Huh? Are you serious?

One guy said logic dictates that we're left with one of two possibilities:

• The universe had some sort of beginning, in which case we're left with the very unsettling problem of what caused the universe in the first place.
  • The universe has been around forever, in which case there's literally an infinite amount of history, both before and after us.

Neither of these is satisfying. Take the Old Testament view, for instance. We're to understand that God created the world. In that case our universe has a definite beginning. However, God himself is supposed to be eternal. What was he doing before he created our universe?

But then he says “It's no more satisfying to assert that the universe has been here all along. Is there literally an infinite amount of history? That doesn't make sense.” I think you and this person are missing a couple different possibilities. What if there are multiple universes and this is just one of them? And eventually our universe will die, and our bubble in the lava lamp will collapse back in on itself and be absorbed back into the dark matter that surrounds us now. And then one day eventually we will be recycled and turn up inside another bubble/universe. And as far as these multiverses, there was never a beginning and never an end and there is infinite universes in infinite cosmos. Is that too much to imagine? Fine, then image 1 god and just this universe. I can see how that is easier to grasp for some people.

The cosmos and this one little universe are two different things. Get that through your head first.

So many possibilities

1863znwygc1fljpg.JPG

Better than the god theory. The god theory is for uneducated superstitious primitive monkeys not humans.

http://io9.gizmodo.com/5881330/what-happened-before-the-big-bang

For a long time, cosmologists played around with the idea that the universe might ultimately collapse on itself. Then, in 1998, two teams discovered that the universe was accelerating, essentially demonstrating that we were way off base. You may also recall that these folks won the Nobel prize this year for their discovery.

Now Boss would laugh at me if I said the universe will one day collapse on itself because the universe is expanding and at a faster and faster rate. So what? What happens in 10 billion years when the last star dies out? If that happens of course. But what happens then? Then the place is just a dark empty space and with no suns to heat up the hot air balloon, it will collapse.

Even though on the surface it doesn't look as though our universe will ultimately collapse under its own weight, there is still a great deal of allure to this picture. If the universe were somehow to end in a big crunch, then maybe what's really happening is that we'll eternally undergo a series of expansions and contractions, on and on for infinity. Our universe, in this case, is just one in an infinite series.

View attachment 76557

But in recent years, there have been a number of new cyclic models that allow an eternal universe to exist. In 2002, Paul Steinhardt, of Princeton University, and Neil Turok, of Cambridge, devised a model that exploits the extra dimensions found in string theory. String theory supposes that our universe might not be three-dimensional at all, but might have as many as ten spatial dimensions. Our own universe might simply live on a three-dimensional membrane (or "brane" for short) that is floating through the universe, barely interacting with the other universes.

To me it seems like it's you against everyone else telling you you're nuts.

Let's see.... I have 14,333 Messages and 1,465 Thanks... almost 10%.

You have 42k with 2,584 Thanks for just over 6%.

So if more people are agreeing with me and I'm "nuts" then what are you??? :dunno:

Well, most of the people who post here are also nuts, so that's not saying much.
I love it. Boss says I'm one of the dumbest people who thinks they are smart. But when I do a search I find this guy who basically says everything I'm telling Boss. And who is that guy? An Associate Professor of Physics at Drexel University. So from now on when Boss tells me my ideas are stupid, I'm going to take that with a grain of salt.

Talk about close minded. Boss is so sure about creationism that he won't even entertain multiverses and string theory. He will deny and fight those theories in order to hang on to his.

I have no theories. I don't love the big bang or evolution. At least I'm not married to them. I would love for someone to prove them wrong in my lifetime.

What makes me sick is boss wants his creation theories to get as much respect as multiverses and string theory. Sorry Boss but your shit is not acceptable for so many reasons. But keep calling me stupid. Coming from you that's a compliment.

There are things you will never get an answer to. So, why is the universe? What is the purpose? Maybe there is no purpose?

Maybe not, but that is a conclusion. Science can't do a thing with a conclusion.

When I stop and take the time to look at the life around me, the beauty in nature, even in the night sky across the cosmos, I see something very special and incredible. I look at the mechanics of our solar system, our planetary ecosystem, laws of thermodynamics, incredible molecular structures and atomic bonds that make things like water possible. And intricately balanced and tuned system of gravity, magnetism, electromagnetism. All of these things essential for the miracle and wonder of life to exist. And life POOFS into existence.... I don't care what you "believe in" ...that is what happened.

Now.... YOU can believe that this has no purpose. But I think this is the root of the whole debate, not everyone can believe that this has no purpose. In fact, a functional, rational, logical, objective and intelligent person would think... there is probably a reason for all of this. I mean... we have logical explanations for all kinds of things in our universe... that's sort of what Science does, explores possible explanations. So, to think there isn't a purpose and reason for our universe to exist is contrary to everything we are as a species. You have formally devolved yourself into a lower subspecies of human. Congratulations!

Forum List

Back