We like to think of effects always having a cause, but the Universe might be an exception. The Universe might simply be. Because.

Because! ....Now there is some sound scientific logic!

So.... Instead of "God did it"® we have "just Because!"
If the idea of inflation is correct, and it might be, it is possible that our universe is part of a much larger multiverse. And the most popular form would produce a kind of eternal inflation, where universes are springing up all the time. Ours would just happen to be one of them. What looks like a beginning in need of a cause may just be due to our own perspective. We like to think of effects always having a cause, but the Universe might be an exception. The Universe might simply be.

What looks like a beginning in need of a cause may just be due to our own perspective
What looks like a beginning in need of a cause may just be due to our own perspective

Do you fucking get it you fucking retard. You think so small. You don't have all the answers but act like you do. You're the most retarded USMB theist on these boards. At least the other fucking idiots have an excuse. They've swallowed a lie and believe this god visited. OH YEA I forgot this god has visited you too. Boss, you're a fucking joke.

While I don't agree at all with Mr. Boss on this issue, he is far from being the dumbest poster here. Lol.

Nothing I say defies physics. Physics is something we use within this universe. It doesn't apply itself to before the big bang. I'm just talking logically. Of course if there was a 10 second count down to the big bang then time existed before the big bang. What was YOUR god doing a day before the big bang?

Physical Time did not exist BEFORE the Big Bang! DUMBASS!

You wrote: " There was no "one minute before the big bang" because there couldn't be. How can a dimension of something exist before the something exists? This theory of yours defies physical nature"

Listen to what Hawking had to say about this: Since events before the Big Bang have no observational consequences, one may as well cut them out of the theory, and say that time began at the Big Bang. Events before the Big Bang, are simply not defined, because there's no way one could measure what happened at them.

YES! HE IS MAKING MY FUCKING ARGUMENT AND REFUTING YOURS! DUMB ASS!

But in recent years, there have been a number of new cyclic models that allow an eternal universe to exist. In 2002, Paul Steinhardt, of Princeton University, and Neil Turok, of Cambridge, devised a model that exploits the extra dimensions found in string theory. String theory supposes that our universe might not be three-dimensional at all, but might have as many as ten spatial dimensions. Our own universe might simply live on a three-dimensional membrane (or "brane" for short) that is floating through the universe, barely interacting with the other universes.

The Brane Theory is a completely different theory than Cyclical Universe, and is actually the result of disproving the Cyclical Universe theory through Hubble's observations of accelerated expansion. So the Brane theory is one of the more recent new theories to replace the old Cyclical theory. The problem with this is.... it's not Science anymore.

For it to be Science, we have to be able to observe, measure, test hypothesis and we can't. We are stuck in our physical dimensions of our own physical universe and we can't do anything with regard to examining others. We can't confirm they exist, we can't detect them or even know where to look for them. So this becomes simply a piece of philosophy in terms of what we can do with it at this time. It is interesting... they could do some great Sci-Fi with it... but there is no way for Science to support it or explore it at this time.

There are things you will never get an answer to. So, why is the universe? What is the purpose? Maybe there is no purpose?

Maybe not, but that is a conclusion. Science can't do a thing with a conclusion.

When I stop and take the time to look at the life around me, the beauty in nature, even in the night sky across the cosmos, I see something very special and incredible. I look at the mechanics of our solar system, our planetary ecosystem, laws of thermodynamics, incredible molecular structures and atomic bonds that make things like water possible. And intricately balanced and tuned system of gravity, magnetism, electromagnetism. All of these things essential for the miracle and wonder of life to exist. And life POOFS into existence.... I don't care what you "believe in" ...that is what happened.

Now.... YOU can believe that this has no purpose. But I think this is the root of the whole debate, not everyone can believe that this has no purpose. In fact, a functional, rational, logical, objective and intelligent person would think... there is probably a reason for all of this. I mean... we have logical explanations for all kinds of things in our universe... that's sort of what Science does, explores possible explanations. So, to think there isn't a purpose and reason for our universe to exist is contrary to everything we are as a species. You have formally devolved yourself into a lower subspecies of human. Congratulations!
Sorry boss but there is no purpose. The universe is much bigger than you. That's like asking what purpose does a grain of sand have on a beach. What was the purpose of dinosaurs and trilobites?

You have a purpose. The human race has a purpose. Live & Prosper. But the universe just is. What do you think it's purpose is or our purpose?

But in recent years, there have been a number of new cyclic models that allow an eternal universe to exist. In 2002, Paul Steinhardt, of Princeton University, and Neil Turok, of Cambridge, devised a model that exploits the extra dimensions found in string theory. String theory supposes that our universe might not be three-dimensional at all, but might have as many as ten spatial dimensions. Our own universe might simply live on a three-dimensional membrane (or "brane" for short) that is floating through the universe, barely interacting with the other universes.

The Brane Theory is a completely different theory than Cyclical Universe, and is actually the result of disproving the Cyclical Universe theory through Hubble's observations of accelerated expansion. So the Brane theory is one of the more recent new theories to replace the old Cyclical theory. The problem with this is.... it's not Science anymore.

For it to be Science, we have to be able to observe, measure, test hypothesis and we can't. We are stuck in our physical dimensions of our own physical universe and we can't do anything with regard to examining others. We can't confirm they exist, we can't detect them or even know where to look for them. So this becomes simply a piece of philosophy in terms of what we can do with it at this time. It is interesting... they could do some great Sci-Fi with it... but there is no way for Science to support it or explore it at this time.
Agree. And yet even though these things might be things science can't explore, that doesn't mean they don't exist. They are still possible and in fact I think most probable. I believe there must be alternate universes and of course time existed before our universe and of course it will after the last star in our universe dies.

And of course our universe is expanding and picking up speed. Have you seen how many stars are out there? It's like putting a lot of hot air in a hot air balloon. The more hot air you put in the bigger it gets, right? But what happens when all the stars in our universe die? Science thinks 10 billion years is all we have left. What happens when hot air stops filling the balloon? The universe will then collapse.

Nothing I say defies physics. Physics is something we use within this universe. It doesn't apply itself to before the big bang. I'm just talking logically. Of course if there was a 10 second count down to the big bang then time existed before the big bang. What was YOUR god doing a day before the big bang?

Physical Time did not exist BEFORE the Big Bang! DUMBASS!
Not as far as humans on planet earth are concerned but what about for things that lived in other universes? What about for your god? God didn't know time before the big bang? That's interesting.

We like to think of effects always having a cause, but the Universe might be an exception. The Universe might simply be. Because.

If the idea of inflation is correct, and it might be, it is possible that our universe is part of a much larger multiverse. And the most popular form would produce a kind of eternal inflation, where universes are springing up all the time. Ours would just happen to be one of them. What looks like a beginning in need of a cause may just be due to our own perspective. We like to think of effects always having a cause, but the Universe might be an exception. The Universe might simply be.

Do you fucking get it you fucking retard. You think so small. You don't have all the answers but act like you do. You're the most retarded USMB theist on these boards. At least the other fucking idiots have an excuse. They've swallowed a lie and believe this god visited. OH YEA I forgot this god has visited you too. Boss, you're a fucking joke.

While I don't agree at all with Mr. Boss on this issue, he is far from being the dumbest poster here. Lol.
Why? What do you think?

Sorry boss but there is no purpose. The universe is much bigger than you. That's like asking what purpose does a grain of sand have on a beach. What was the purpose of dinosaurs and trilobites?

I understand the universe is much bigger than me. I don't know where that came from or why... I never said otherwise. Stating there is no purpose is simply stating your opinion. You have made a conclusion and science can't explore, examine, observe or measure a conclusion. It's not like asking what purpose a grain of sand has on a beach... it's like asking why there is sand on a beach. If we conclude there is sand on the beach just because... that is not any different than concluding there is sand on the beach because God did it. Both are conclusions and science can't do anything with conclusions.

We observe a fish called a salmon... we see it swim upstream. We don't draw conclusions, we use science and explore answers... we ask ourselves, what purpose does the salmon have for swimming upstream. We find there is a reason. This is how Science works, not by drawing conclusions or throwing up our hands and saying "just because!" Virtually everything Science dares to explore, it finds reasons... purpose. Nothing just happens because.

Not as far as humans on planet earth are concerned but what about for things that lived in other universes? What about for your god? God didn't know time before the big bang? That's interesting.

Time can't exist for anything if it's universe of which it is a fundamental dimension doesn't exist. God is Spiritual, not Physical. Time means nothing to God. It has nothing to do with God not knowing it... he created it with the physical universe.

I totally understand what you're trying to articulate and it's simply incorrect according to physics. You are trying to image the sensation of time existing before the universe.... but that is not so. The sensation of time is the passing of time and time can't pass if there is no space or universe for it to pass in. We've known this for over a century.

As for other universes, where is your scientific evidence they exist? You see... all you have, all you'll ever have with that idea... is an opinion. A piece of philosophy that Science can't examine. Oh, maybe one day in the distant future we'll discover something groundbreaking that changes the game... anything is possible in Science. But for here and now, and in your foreseeable lifetime, there will be no validation of multiple universes.

Why? What do you think?

Brainwashed, but not stupid, although his arguments here on this issue are kind of stupid. Lol. People fear the unknown (death), and so these wild tales make them feel better about it. They are actually scared though. Scared to even examine that they COULD be wrong.

I understand the universe is much bigger than me. I don't know where that came from or why... I never said otherwise. Stating there is no purpose is simply stating your opinion. You have made a conclusion and science can't explore, examine, observe or measure a conclusion. It's not like asking what purpose a grain of sand has on a beach... it's like asking why there is sand on a beach. If we conclude there is sand on the beach just because... that is not any different than concluding there is sand on the beach because God did it. Both are conclusions and science can't do anything with conclusions.

We observe a fish called a salmon... we see it swim upstream. We don't draw conclusions, we use science and explore answers... we ask ourselves, what purpose does the salmon have for swimming upstream. We find there is a reason. This is how Science works, not by drawing conclusions or throwing up our hands and saying "just because!" Virtually everything Science dares to explore, it finds reasons... purpose. Nothing just happens because.
What do you think humans purpose is?

Time can't exist for anything if it's universe of which it is a fundamental dimension doesn't exist. God is Spiritual, not Physical. Time means nothing to God. It has nothing to do with God not knowing it... he created it with the physical universe.

I totally understand what you're trying to articulate and it's simply incorrect according to physics. You are trying to image the sensation of time existing before the universe.... but that is not so. The sensation of time is the passing of time and time can't pass if there is no space or universe for it to pass in. We've known this for over a century.

As for other universes, where is your scientific evidence they exist? You see... all you have, all you'll ever have with that idea... is an opinion. A piece of philosophy that Science can't examine. Oh, maybe one day in the distant future we'll discover something groundbreaking that changes the game... anything is possible in Science. But for here and now, and in your foreseeable lifetime, there will be no validation of multiple universes.
But multiple universes is scientifically possible. It is also an alternative possibility to the folks that think it must be a God. If anything the possibility at least puts holes in your hypothesis that it has to be a creator.

The cosmos are eternal not a god.

What does he think humans purpose is? My opinion of it is
1. To worship god be he real or not!
2. To die working for the greedy rich and be lucky to have a roof over your head.

Boss probably worships the devil

What does he think humans purpose is? My opinion of it is
1. To worship god be he real or not!
2. To die working for the greedy rich and be lucky to have a roof over your head.

Boss probably worships the devil
He does strike me as the typical theist. Believing in God certainly doesn't make him a better person. Not that I can tell. Isn't he an asshole Republican dick? Guys like this believe in God but cherry pick what they want to believe so they can justify being rude, condescending, vulgar, honest, greedy mean and just plain mean.

But it's OK because as long as you believe a story, you are in the club and God forgives your dickishness

I don't know and it doesn't matter. You're trying to intentionally misconstrue "purpose" and get me to say something like "god has a purpose for every grain of sand" or something.... which he MAY have, I don't know! That's not the point and not what I was talking about. Purpose is Reason... things happen for a reason.... when you drop an object, it doesn't travel to the ground for no particular reason, does it? No... it's gravity. Gravity serves a purpose... it keeps us from whirling off out into space. It keeps our planet revolving around a sun, and a moon revolving around our planet. Gravity serves millions of purposes and that's what we generally find in nature... things exist for a purpose and reason. And it's the very things we can't find purpose for that intrigue us most in science because we haven't discovered the purpose.

Brainwashed, but not stupid, although his arguments here on this issue are kind of stupid. Lol. People fear the unknown (death), and so these wild tales make them feel better about it. They are actually scared though. Scared to even examine that they COULD be wrong.

The main argument I make against the "fear death" meme is that we observe this behavior nowhere else in nature. No other species of living thing gets so distraught over death that it has to create security blankets to cope.... that doesn't happen in nature. AND... according to the very principles of Darwin's theory, this doesn't work anyway. We don't retain behavioral characteristics which are superficial and serve no purpose to survival.

You have this completely backwards and you're hard headed about it. We have this so-called "fear of death" because we're humans who are spiritually aware. Our minds comprehend something beyond the physical... we understand mortality because we comprehend immortality. Our actual fear is of what happens to the part of us that isn't physical after our physical vessel has expired.

Why? What do you think?

Belief in God is innate in humans, as well as possibly animals, It can only be conditioned out of them by outside forces. This is why atheists treat "science" as a religious surrogate, they are naturally religious creatures.

Belief in God is part of human nature - Oxford study

Animal faith - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Plus if one is an atheist they can't believe in anything, such as private property. One for example can't prove that constitutional or legal rights exist using "emperical evidence", so they are therefore as much of a fairy tale as God is.

Marxism or nihlism is therefore the only logical conclusion of atheism.

Why? What do you think?

Belief in God is innate in humans, as well as possibly animals, It can only be conditioned out of them by outside forces. This is why atheists treat "science" as a religious surrogate, they are naturally religious creatures.

Belief in God is part of human nature - Oxford study

Animal faith - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Plus if one is an atheist they can't believe in anything, such as private property. One for example can't prove that constitutional or legal rights exist using "emperical evidence", so they are therefore as much of a fairy tale as God is.

Marxism or nihlism is therefore the only logical conclusion of atheism.

That's not true at all. And I am neither of those things.

Forum List

Back