The Sordid Underbelly Of Christmas Past

It's not
View attachment 579690

When English Puritans outlawed Christmas in 1647, it was not without good reason. When American Puritans, in turn, outlawed Christmas in Massachusetts between 1659 and 1681, it too was not without good reason.

It was not until the 4th century that the Church of Rome recognised December 25 as the date to celebrate the birth of the messiah. And it did so knowing well that there were no biblical or historical reasons to place Christ’s birth on that day.

There is some evidence the Romans worshipped Sol Invictus, their sun god, on December 25. But what the Romans really celebrated during the month of December was Saturnalia, an end of harvest festival that concluded with the winter solstice. As historian Stephen Nissenbaum pointed out in his acclaimed The Battle for Christmas, the early Church entered into a compromise: in exchange for widespread celebration of the birth of Christ, it permitted the traditions of Saturnalia to continue in the name of the saviour.

Happy Holidays

It's just not Christmas if miserably, crabby Leftists don't come around to remind us all the ways our holiday is defunct.

Don't like it, don't celebrate it. As for me and my house, we will serve THE LORD (Joshua 24:15) AND celebrate the birth of Jesus Christ!

It's not

It's just not Christmas if miserably, crabby Leftists don't come around to remind us all the ways our holiday is defunct.

Don't like it, don't celebrate it. As for me and my house, we will serve THE LORD (Joshua 24:15) AND celebrate the birth of Jesus Christ!

The article didn't imply that in any way. It was just a short story on the tradition.

Your rightist crabby, guilt inflicted conscious is so noted however.

View attachment 579690

When English Puritans outlawed Christmas in 1647, it was not without good reason. When American Puritans, in turn, outlawed Christmas in Massachusetts between 1659 and 1681, it too was not without good reason.

It was not until the 4th century that the Church of Rome recognised December 25 as the date to celebrate the birth of the messiah. And it did so knowing well that there were no biblical or historical reasons to place Christ’s birth on that day.

There is some evidence the Romans worshipped Sol Invictus, their sun god, on December 25. But what the Romans really celebrated during the month of December was Saturnalia, an end of harvest festival that concluded with the winter solstice. As historian Stephen Nissenbaum pointed out in his acclaimed The Battle for Christmas, the early Church entered into a compromise: in exchange for widespread celebration of the birth of Christ, it permitted the traditions of Saturnalia to continue in the name of the saviour.

Happy Holidays
Hopefully, Santa Claus paid you a visit last night!!!
FB_IMG_1639080297188.jpg

View attachment 579690

Happy Holidays
Aren't you just the biggest turd in the stocking imaginable?

Why are conservatives so afraid of history?
Want some more history, Mr. Punchbowl Turd?

It was the Germanics (y'know, that good strong nordic Aryan stock that you prog jerks detest so much?) that eventually defetad the puritan mindset and gave us the Christmas traditions we enjoy today.

So suck on that, you miserable fucking wet blanket.

How in the World did you ever end up so twisted, ugly and miserable about virtually everything?

Having a very enjoyable Christmas.

Just giving the haters on the right a present.

A history lesson on real events that actually happened.

That seems to really trigger the haters on the right.

But thanks for the gift of laughter from all of you.

Happy Holidays

Happy Holidays
So, you find joy telling people that their Holiday is this or that and find it funny?

and I bet you wonder why no one invites you to Holiday functions and forget you exist…

Damn it man I am not even a Christian and I don’t even do this shit because I know it will upset many on all sides and there are many Democrats that are Christian but hey why don’t you go to a Black Baptist Church and tell your history to them and see what they say!

Happy Holidays

Your spiteful misery makes us feel sorry for you, and reminds us to be grateful to God and we are BLESSED with JOY.

I will pray for you today. I mean that.

Forum List

Back