The Rittenhouse Verdict

The entire community of Kenosha. Kyle had no legitimate Moral mandate to “protect” the community. That’s what we have LEOs and certified/insured private security firms for.

The entire community of Kenosha.

Why do you feel that?

Kyle had no legitimate Moral mandate to “protect” the community.

He didn't need a moral mandate to be there.

That’s what we have LEOs and certified/insured private security firms for.

Yup. So what?

Try this topic again, keep it civil, and within the board rules, and guidelines, and it can remain upstairs.
The first one didn't go so well.

The Rittenhouse verdict is in and "Not Guilty" on all charges.

KENOSHA, Wis., Nov 19 (Reuters) - A jury acquitted teenager Kyle Rittenhouse on Friday of murder in the fatal shooting of two men during racial justice protests in a decision thatignited fierce debate about gun rights and the boundaries of self defense in the United States.

The jury found Rittenhouse, 18, not guilty on all charges: two counts of homicide, one count of attempted homicide for wounding a third man, and two counts of recklessly endangering safety in protests marred by arson, rioting and looting on Aug. 25, 2020 in Kenosha, Wisconsin.

Rittenhouse broke down sobbing after the verdict and collapsed to the floor before being helped back into his chair.

Amid a heavy law enforcement presence, several dozen protesters lined the steps outside the courthouse after the verdict was read, some carrying placards in support of Rittenhouse and others expressing disappointment.
I've been saying all along the trial was just a sham designed to acquit him. This is no surprise.

Does this verdict encourage vigilantism? Are we going to see more people carrying guns at places of violence and riots, or even peaceful protests? If so, then one might assume there will be shootings and killings; the next time it could be a future kid like Rittenhouse who dies. The case may have turned out the way it should have given the specific facts, but what are the ramifications? More people with more guns.
Don't riot. Don't attack innocent citizens. Problem solved.

Well, the judge disagreed with you and took that off the table. The gun was of legal size for him to legally use.
That's the first thing they said it was legal in Illinois where he lived but the gun was him having a gun in Wisconsin was not legal I think it had to do with his age.

Plus the judicial system needs to get tough with rioters, no more of this shit where a person is released the next day to go rioting and burning that night. If there's no deterrence then no one should be surprised when the same shit happens night after night. And besides the LE, the governor needs to do his/her damn job and call in the NG troops to restore law and order. How the people at the local and state level can stand back and do nothing is inconceivable to me. There's gotta be tougher laws with stiffer penalties that have to be enforced, otherwise sooner or later things are going to really get out of hand somewhere.
The riots need to be put down with whatever force is necessary.

Yes it is. That mentality has kept me from all but a handful of disagreements and conflicts with neighbors and members of the general public for 47+ years.

My wife and I moved into a new home two weeks ago. The next day I left a very short, polite letter in all the mail loin the neighborhood. Kind of a “don’t call me and I won’t call you” notice. I also noted that fencing will be going up around a majority of the property in the spring.
To each his own but I have to ask, “Why announce the fence? HOA rules against it is my only guess so you are preparing for a small battle? This makes little sense. Otherwise, why does it matter that you gave them advance notice? Feelings of insecurity bring out this type of posturing typically.

Last edited:
The disappointing verdict is sure to embolden militant people who seek to take the law into their own hands. It also could increase and complicate self-defense claims if more people carry -- and use -- firearms in the streets. That's a scary prospect.

But further violence in response to the verdict won't help anyone. Our civil society must remain calm -- in Kenosha, in Madison and across the country.

Rittenhouse is no hero, as some of his defenders pretend. He behaved like a vigilante and didn't deserve to walk free, given his recklessness. Yet the law, unfortunately, skews in favor of shooters who claim self-defense. That needs to change.

"If Rittenhouse was justified in his actions, how does that apply if two people openly carry guns and point them at each other? Whose self-defense claim takes priority?"

This is from the Wisconsin local newspaper.
Don't riot. Problem solved. Can't say it enough.

the jurors are here.jpg

You are one weird ass guy then.

Hey a new neighbor moved into the neighborhood. Ok........He sent a note to us.

WHAT......ok.......let me read it.

Neighbors..........Fuck all of you and I'm putting up a fence
I am a very weird individual. I’ve never denied that.

The note is very polite. No profanity. A short description of who we are and where we come from. We noted that we are very private people who rarely interact with the community at large. We mentioned several other updates we plan to make to the exterior of the house and the property beyond the dense.

I am a very weird individual. I’ve never denied that.

The note is very polite. No profanity. A short description of who we are and where we come from. We noted that we are very private people who rarely interact with the community at large. We mentioned several other updates we plan to make to the exterior of the house and the property beyond the dense.
That brings hairs up on me and I'm not your neighbor. Weird Bro

Forum List

Back