The Republicans have a plan to pay for their tax cuts.

Before Trump McDonalds had a Dollar Menu that included a McDouble for only $1. Now they added $2 & $3 menus increasing prices 100% for nearly everything from the $1 menu. Your money already got cut in half by deficit inflation before you ever got a tax refund!!!

View attachment 223239

Of course that had nothing to do with the states that increased minimum wage, nor the fact that no-talent jobs have to offer more money to attract employees in fantastic economic times.

Now tell us how great a $15.00 per hour national minimum wage would be.
Dear Repubtard! - Printing money is the #1 cause of inflation. The hamburger prices exploded before wages & in places wages did not. Prices are even higher where employee reducing kiosk were installed.

Printing money is what DumBama did and has nothing to do with this conversation.

Find me one FF restaurant that doesn't have a Help Wanted sign in the window. The only way to get people to work is to offer more money and that's what they have to do. And I eat FF once in a while, and trust me, the quality of workers is at the minimal level as well. It has zero to do with inflation.

The personal tax cut, especially for the top rate should have been held steady to cover the increase in spending. Sooner or later the interest on the Debt will be biting us on the ass.

I highly doubt that keeping the personal tax rate unchanged would have covered the increase in spending ($127 billion). True, the first three months of the fiscal year were before the tax cuts kicked in. But if you limit the accounting to this calendar year, individual income tax revenues are up by 5% through September. As it was, revenue from income taxes went up by $14 billion over FY 2017, and there's no way that it would have been anywhere close to $127 billion. Consider this:

Let's compare the 2018 results with Obama's last full fiscal year in office, 2016.

Individual income tax revenues went up by a mere 0.3%, Treasury data show. Fiscal 2016 also saw a 13% drop in corporate income taxes. FICA tax collections climbed by less than 1%. Excise tax collections dropped almost 3%.

Overall revenues increased by 0.5% — about the same as this year. The deficit? It climbed by $148 billion.

So, in other words, the government did better on revenues and deficits in the year after Trump's tax cuts went into effect than it did in Obama's last year in office.

So the US has a spending problem. McConnell said he intends to fix SS & Medicare, and Trump wants his cabinet to all cut 5%, not sure all that will close the Budget gap, but its a step in the right direction. IMHO still need to raise the top tax rate

You only "pay for tax cuts" if you presume that all earnings first belong to The State.

Do you post because you need attention? Since most of what you post lacks substance, critical thinking and is framed in some absurd ideology I wonder.

But, being a good liberal I decided to give you some attention, this post is what you deserve: critical criticism.

Tax cuts need no funding whatsoever

It's spending and only spending that need funding

The math is the math, we need both spending cuts and tax increases to get us out of the fiscal mess. Even Simpson-Bowles' type solutions would help.

The actual deficit is the final arbiter to the GOP tax cuts. If the deficit shrinks due to growth and increased revenue the tax cut worked, if the deficit increases the tax cut failed. So far it look like voodoo economics-II and the tax cuts failed. Raise taxes on the top rate to cover spending, or the dems will.

Wait a minute - revenue went UP in FY 2018, not down with an increase of $14 billion from individual income tax collections AND spending went up by $127 billion so how do you figure the bigger deficit is due to the tax cuts? I get that the deficit went up by $113 billion and it wouldn't have been that much if we hadn't cut the tax rate, but the lion's share of that deficit increase has to be from more spending.

That is because the first 3 months of FY18 were not under the tax cuts. Since Jan when the tax cuts kicked in revenue is down, I have posted the link and the numbers like 10 times already

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

The personal tax cut, especially for the top rate should have been held steady to cover the increase in spending. Sooner or later the interest on the Debt will be biting us on the ass.

I highly doubt that keeping the personal tax rate unchanged would have covered the increase in spending ($127 billion). True, the first three months of the fiscal year were before the tax cuts kicked in. But if you limit the accounting to this calendar year, individual income tax revenues are up by 5% through September. As it was, revenue from income taxes went up by $14 billion over FY 2017, and there's no way that it would have been anywhere close to $127 billion. Consider this:

Let's compare the 2018 results with Obama's last full fiscal year in office, 2016.

Individual income tax revenues went up by a mere 0.3%, Treasury data show. Fiscal 2016 also saw a 13% drop in corporate income taxes. FICA tax collections climbed by less than 1%. Excise tax collections dropped almost 3%.

Overall revenues increased by 0.5% — about the same as this year. The deficit? It climbed by $148 billion.

So, in other words, the government did better on revenues and deficits in the year after Trump's tax cuts went into effect than it did in Obama's last year in office.

So the US has a spending problem. McConnell said he intends to fix SS & Medicare, and Trump wants his cabinet to all cut 5%, not sure all that will close the Budget gap, but its a step in the right direction. IMHO still need to raise the top tax rate

We could, but it would make more sense to start taxing people that don’t pay income tax now. That’s nearly half of the people in this country. Why should we increase taxes on the people who are paying almost all of the taxes now?

Sent from my iPad using USMessageBoard.com

Sending OUR money to DC to be wasted by idiot politicians is DUMB.

Yeah, immoral people would rather DC spend our kids money so you can have it all right now

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

Cut spending, call me after.
when is the right wing going to become more cognitively sonant?

n addition, by 2053, interest costs will be at least $7.9 trillion unless the US changes the way it pays for the wars.--

You only "pay for tax cuts" if you presume that all earnings first belong to The State.
Funny, Republicans feel all earnings belong to them.

So they earn all that money and it doesn't belong to them? Then who does it belong to?
that was my question, and so far nothing but a smiley face.

A flyby.
lol. It can be appropriated by legislators to solve the Problems of our several States and Republic. Only the right wing has Problems, and never gets it.

Go ahead, GOP, run on cutting Social Security, Medicare and Medicaid.

AND pledge that you'll MAKE those cuts BEFORE you cut taxes any more.

That should make for an interesting campaign season.
again, I've been for shutting down the government. it's time to stop spending.
all talk; the right wing can't even abolish the drug war, so they try to go for social spending cuts from the poor.

Cool, run on that.
I don't run. I vote. I'll vote for anyone running on that. I thought that was one of trump's, saddened he signed that last budget.

BTW, tax cuts don't have anything to do with spending.
only the right wing is that cognitively dissonant.

i smoke two joints, and then smoke two more, to help get over it.

In addition, by 2053, interest costs will be at least $7.9 trillion unless the US changes the way it pays for the wars.--

The math is the math, we need both spending cuts and tax increases to get us out of the fiscal mess. Even Simpson-Bowles' type solutions would help.
nobody should take the right wing seriously about economics.

In addition, by 2053, interest costs will be at least $7.9 trillion unless the US changes the way it pays for the wars.--

We could, but it would make more sense to start taxing people that don’t pay income tax now. That’s nearly half of the people in this country. Why should we increase taxes on the people who are paying almost all of the taxes now?

Sent from my iPad using USMessageBoard.com
raise the minimum wage to raise more tax money from the poor.

The actual deficit is the final arbiter to the GOP tax cuts. If the deficit shrinks due to growth and increased revenue the tax cut worked, if the deficit increases the tax cut failed. So far it look like voodoo economics-II and the tax cuts failed. Raise taxes on the top rate to cover spending, or the dems will.
you mean if the deficit grows it's due to spending more then incoming revenues. it's a shame you don't know such things.

all talk; the right wing can't even abolish the drug war, so they try to go for social spending cuts from the poor.
eliminate SS. reform medicare. yes sir. still talk pig latin. when will you post something legible?

eliminate SS. reform medicare. yes sir. still talk pig latin. when will you post something legible?
we could phase out most other social safety nets by ensuring unemployment compensation for Capitalism's natural rate of unemployment is solved for in a fine capital manner and fine capital fashion. We allege to subscribe to capitalism, after all.

Capital must circulate in capital markets under Capitalism.

we could phase out most other social safety nets by ensuring unemployment compensation for Capitalism's natural rate of unemployment is solved for in a fine capital manner and fine capital fashion. We allege to subscribe to capitalism, after all.

i think that's capital

i think that's capital
Our First World economy, is Worth it.

Besides, with that form of income, guaranteed by economic circumstances not social fiat; our economy will be more efficient. Capital must Circulate! Our markets will experience more liquidity; and other third party vendors and service providers may find more stability in their consumer bases.

i think that's capital

Besides, with that form of income, guaranteed by economic circumstances not social fiat; our economy will be more efficient. Capital must Circulate! Our markets will experience more liquidity; and other third party vendors and service providers may find more stability in their consumer bases.
yep, do away with the SS and modify medicare. yep.

i think that's capital

Opportunity costs; good capitalists should try to find them in every market regardless of market conditions.

With recourse to unemployment compensation for simply being unemployed; some people could learn how to invest in themselves or other more convenient and already established markets, to eventually beat the minimum wage by increasing their own self-worth at their own market friendly pace.

We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.

It is the federal doctrine of the left. Federalists subscribe to it.

i think that's capital

Opportunity costs; good capitalists should try to find them in every market regardless of market conditions.

With recourse to unemployment compensation for simply being unemployed; some people could learn how to invest in themselves or other more convenient and already established markets, to eventually beat the minimum wage by increasing their own self-worth at their own market friendly pace.
naw, we just create jobs and have people employed. it works well.

Forum List

Back