So republicans released their budget

Those tax cuts and military spending are responsible for 95% of the spending debt.
When you reverse those tax cuts, and freeze military spending. I'll take you seriously on debt spending.
Until then, nothing else gets cut until those things do.
Agree on letting the tax cuts expire.
I'd even add new taxes.
Disagree on military spending, need to at keep up with inflation.
There are many other wasteful items to cut, I'd also hire another "Grace Commission" to cut the budget to the bone.
Here are my "balanced budget" options:
  • Close loop-holes +$1.5T
    Fix SS net zero (raise the cap)
    Fix Medicare net zero (raise the co-pay & tax)
    Send Medicaid to the states +$500b
  • Add new 0.2% transaction tax +$150b
  • Add new remittance tax +$6b (Mexico pays for the wall, ICE, and CBP)
  • Remove Capital Gains Tax loop-hole +$100b/yr
    Send Welfare to the states in phases +$1.3T
    Send Education to the states +$300b
    Eliminate all personal tax deductions +??????? (keep business deductions)
    Collect all taxes owed +$400b
  • https://www.crfb.org/blogs/irs-loses-400-billion-year-unpaid-taxes

$30T GDP means $6T in revenue max available.

Thats’ the max budget. Plan for it. Spend only what Tax revenue the FED can actually confiscate.

Even better, go back to $4T spending just a few years back. As posted by others.

Cuts to social security, medicare, medicaid, the ACA, and various other "entitlements".

But give a $5.5 trillion dollar tax cut to the wealthy and corporations.

THis is who they are folks. They don't give two wet shits about the common folks like you and me.

So, when Biden, in the SOTU, said the GOP would do this -- and they all booed-- were they just all full of shit?

No way!

Those tax cuts and military spending are responsible for 95% of the spending debt.

When you reverse those tax cuts, and freeze military spending. I'll take you seriously on debt spending.

Until then, nothing else gets cut until those things do.
So, you want to not only destroy investment, as well as weaken the US militarily....IOW, bring America down.

Because if it comes from a liberal, it's most likely a lie.
You're dodging. We both know why.

You won't form a stance until you know of it is true. If true, you will defend it, reflexively. If not, you will dance and prance and say nothing of whether or not you support it.

Yawn.

Why? The items mentioned... do you not support those ideas?
Why, because we know how the left and the Biden Admin have major problems with honesty. Since the proposal was not shown, you can use google. All sites that refer to the proposal pretty much only point out Repubs want to raise the age for Social Security. So basically, the Biden Admin has nothing but BS.

Why, because we know how the left and the Biden Admin have major problems with honesty. Since the proposal was not shown, you can use google. All sites that refer to the proposal pretty much only point out Repubs want to raise the age for Social Security. So basically, the Biden Admin has nothing but BS.
You're dodging too.

So predictable.

Why have a fit and say it might be a lie? Do you NOT support those ideas?

Get ready for some tap dancing, folks.

This nation is looking for ways to keep people working longer which kills an economy when there's too many in the labor force now.

Haha, so predictable.

You really can't do it. It's a form of a mental handicap, at this point.
It really is quite the standard your trying to set up here...

Agree with you, otherwise it's just deflection, is that right?

And, then all you have to do is respond like you did above with no substance at all....lazy, and weak are all you have.

It really is quite the standard your trying to set up here...
Yes, supporting an idea or not. Maybe that's a lofty bar for you to clear, but normal adults have no problem.

Watch:

These are terrible ideas, and I do not support them.

Your turn!

Most military spending has nothing to do with national defense. It's about the US mucking about in other countries' business.

Cuts to social security, medicare, medicaid, the ACA, and various other "entitlements".

But give a $5.5 trillion dollar tax cut to the wealthy and corporations.

This is standard rightwing fare, even if ill-advised and undoubtedly unpopular. It's the leaning into the IVF ban stuff in their budget that's uniquely nuts.

Forum List

Back