The Real Reasons for the Riots

1590859105475.png

MINNEAPOLIS — To understand why people destroyed parts of Minneapolis, we must look at the past. As night fell Wednesday, Minneapolis burned and smoke billowed. But that dark cloud blanketing the Twin Cities speaks.
Words delivered by civil rights icon Dr. Marin Luther King Jr. nearly 53 years ago still speak to what's happening now.

In his speech, "The Other America," from 1953, King said the following:

"I think America must see that riots do not develop out of thin air. In the final analysis, the riot is the language of the unheard. What is it that America has failed to hear?," King questions. "In a sense, our nation's summers of riots are caused by our winter’s delay. And as long as America postpones justice, we stand in the position of having these occurrences of riots and violence over and over again. Social justice and progress are the absolute guarantors of riot prevention.”

Now that the world is listening, the message from doctor king - who taught us all to dream, still speaks.
People are outraged over the death of George Floyd - an unarmed black man - who died while in Minneapolis police custody. Four officers involved in the case have been fired. Protesters across the nation are pushing for the officers involved to be charged and prosecuted.

Rev. Jesse Jackson, who marched with Dr. King. was in Minneapolis Thursday pushing for what he calls justice. He spoke with Adrienne Broaddus via FaceTime.

"The pain is real. Rioting is the voice of those who truly have no way to express themselves," he said shortly after leaving a meeting with Attorney General Keith Ellison.

Dr. Shonda Craft is the Dean of the School of Health and Human Services at St. Cloud State University. She breaks down the psychology behind riots.

Craft also said when people are gathering it is not only to express rage and frustration but to call for change and find hope in a situation that feels hopeless among people who feel helpless.
"This is a trauma that has happened to one person but the ramifications are being felt throughout a community," she said. "We are in the middle of a pandemic and people are feelings isolation. This sense of being heard and connected … feeling rage and frustration is coming to a boiling point for so many people."

But does the destruction help or hurt?

"For some people it is going to feel like it is helping because they don't know what else to do with their emotions. They don’t know what else to do with their fear, the anger and their sadness. This feels like something tangible," she said. "It also hurts the reputation of a community. This is the ultimate way of trying to be seen and heard. If one person's voice is not enough, how big and how loud does it need to be before our pain is recognized and our pain is heard?"

Hennepin County Attorney Mike Freeman spoke to reporters Thursday.

"That video is graphic and horrific and terrible and no person should do that. We need to weigh through all that evidence and to come through with a meaningful determination and we are doing that to the best of our ability," Freeman said.

Fifty-three years after Dr. King's speech some say there is still injustice. Thursday the Hennepin County Medical Examiner's office released the following statement:

The Hennepin County Medical Examiner’s Office is actively investigating the death of George Floyd and awaiting final results from laboratory studies to provide the most medically accurate cause of death determination possible.

The Medical Examiner recognizes the public expectation for timely, accurate, and transparent information release, within the confines of Minnesota law. However, the autopsy alone cannot answer all questions pertaining to the cause and manner of death, and must be interpreted in the context of the pertinent investigative information and informed by the results of laboratory studies.

Under Minnesota state law, the Medical Examiner is a neutral and independent office and is separate and distinct from any prosecutorial authority or law enforcement agency.

Good to have a Trumpster tells us what's what in the minds of black Americans. Phew, what a relief.
Weird, huh? It's usually white liberals who are the spokesmen for the black community.
And you have these guys:

This is pipe dream shit meant to feed the n-I-g-g-e-r-s and the s-p-I-c-s because they're stupid enough to believe that shit.
Today blacks act like animals because they are BARELY evolved past the Ape and need a strong central figure (the white man) to keep them in place and acting like normal people.
Sick of their shit and we should not hide it anymore. When they call me a fucking racist, and I say you damn right I am!!! Fuck those fucking people!
Why do Browns ("people of color") feel compelled to steal, assault, rape, murder Whites, their obvious superior beings? Browns should be worshiping Whites instead of being jealous douchebag criminals.'
Blacks... prone to violence, think they're still in the jungle, low IQ blacks.
How can you look at the world and not see that ALL ADVANCEMENTS came from Europe and America? Yeah, we're the superior race on the earth. All others developed because of whites
Look, he is actually intelligent and an actual person of color! How often does that happen?
“We swear muthafuckers, you take our beaners from us and we’ll come for your guns one day” Filthy fucks!
MAGA! This is great news! Everything is falling into place so we can build the Wall and thwart this invasion of brown diseease ridden third worlders who are a threat to our sovereignty, culture and American traditions.
Being the elected representative of a bunch of dumbass ghetto Jungle Monkeys doesn't take intelligence. It take a ghetto dialect and a promise to get them more welfare.
Valerie Jarrett.... Is she that light skinned negro who looks like that ape in Planet of the Apes (negroes?)
I thought she was an ape...Next you'll be telling me Mooch isn't really a shaved wookie.
The asians made fun of obama.....the asians refer to negroes as 'monkey people' and not in jest....they are serious....and why shouldn't they be?
Pay the pavement ape or he will get very angry and burn his house down.
Yawn, Kambala wants every African American crack addict to have their own home while White, Red, and Yellow Americans some disabled vets rot on the street.
Nigga's acting like a Nigga...must be part of the Thugery... most blacks don't act like that!
I believe the black race is inferior to both the white and yellow races....I can prove it by taking a look at the world map and income, innovation/scientific discoveries, and prison populations. Maybe you have some other mysterious way of defining the word but you never seem to say what it is.
Most intelligent people understand how stupid blacks are....average i.q. of 85.....being one you should know.
Come on people you blacks are better than this shit every fucking week....stand BEHIND your police, you do the crime you get locked up...you fuck with THE MAN, he has every right to beat the shit out of you, and your community standing behind you just shows what stupid, low life idiots you are!
Fuck off House Negro. Shine my boots bitch

Tyrone wakes up in the morning, well it's past noon, but that is morning to him.
He fires up the bong and ponders why he can't seem to land a job.
Then he takes a nap because he is going to join the looters tonight. He hopes to score a 72" TV to replace his 52". ... :cool:

Good to have a Trumpster tells us what's what in the minds of black Americans. Phew, what a relief.
Weird, huh? It's usually white liberals who are the spokesmen for the black community.
And you have these guys:

This is pipe dream shit meant to feed the n-I-g-g-e-r-s and the s-p-I-c-s because they're stupid enough to believe that shit.
Today blacks act like animals because they are BARELY evolved past the Ape and need a strong central figure (the white man) to keep them in place and acting like normal people.
Sick of their shit and we should not hide it anymore. When they call me a fucking racist, and I say you damn right I am!!! Fuck those fucking people!
Why do Browns ("people of color") feel compelled to steal, assault, rape, murder Whites, their obvious superior beings? Browns should be worshiping Whites instead of being jealous douchebag criminals.'
How can you look at the world and not see that ALL ADVANCEMENTS came from Europe and America? Yeah, we're the superior race on the earth. All others developed because of whites
Look, he is actually intelligent and an actual person of color! How often does that happen?
“We swear muthafuckers, you take our beaners from us and we’ll come for your guns one day” Filthy fucks!
MAGA! This is great news! Everything is falling into place so we can build the Wall and thwart this invasion of brown diseease ridden third worlders who are a threat to our sovereignty, culture and American traditions.
Being the elected representative of a bunch of dumbass ghetto Jungle Monkeys doesn't take intelligence. It take a ghetto dialect and a promise to get them more welfare.
Valerie Jarrett.... Is she that light skinned negro who looks like that ape in Planet of the Apes (negroes?)
I thought she was an ape...Next you'll be telling me Mooch isn't really a shaved wookie.
The asians made fun of obama.....the asians refer to negroes as 'monkey people' and not in jest....they are serious....and why shouldn't they be?
Yawn, Kambala wants every African American crack addict to have their own home while White, Red, and Yellow Americans some disabled vets rot on the street.
Nigga's acting like a Nigga...must be part of the Thugery... most blacks don't act like that!
I believe the black race is inferior to both the white and yellow races....I can prove it by taking a look at the world map and income, innovation/scientific discoveries, and prison populations. Maybe you have some other mysterious way of defining the word but you never seem to say what it is.
Most intelligent people understand how stupid blacks are....average i.q. of 85.....being one you should know.
Come on people you blacks are better than this shit every fucking week....stand BEHIND your police, you do the crime you get locked up...you fuck with THE MAN, he has every right to beat the shit out of you, and your community standing behind you just shows what stupid, low life idiots you are!
You have an obsession.........lol........looking for nigga on the net.............LOL

Now why the hell are they burning down the whole dang city.........hmmm

That would be like us going .............A MEXICAN KILLED SOMEONE..........WAS ILLEGAL.

And then WE GO DOWN AND BURN ALL THE TACO BELLS TO THE GROUND.

And your side says we drink bleach.......okie dokie.................derp

And you have these guys:

Awww, I bet you had a point, too.

It pains me to say this, but "we" now have a couple of generations of People of Color in this country who cannot understand why peace and prosperity do not come their way. They see the people on television, the professional athletes and entertainers, then look around themselves and look at their own lives and see...a rather unpleasant existence. But what they see is only half the picture. They don't see the work, the effort, the time, and the talents that, when combined, bring about the prosperity that they see in others. It is a puzzle to them.

And then something happens. Some Black Yoot is killed by the cops under circumstances where it appears that the killing was totally unjustified.

Now, statistically, this killing (regardless of which one(s) you are talking about) is statistically microscopic. For all practical purposes, it has no impact on anything or anyone that they know personally. And one might also note that there were about a dozen Black Yoots killed in Chicago last weekend. A typical - in fact a rather slow - weekend for killings in the Windy City. No protests, no riots, no nothing. Just "bid-ness" as usual.

So these lost generations JUMP ON the felonious killing of those isolated Black Yoots and scream: "This is why Black people can't succeed in this country! White people are all racists! They are holding us down!"

Which is statistical, logical, and factual nonsense. But it does, in their addled brains, provide an EXPLANATION of why their lives are not the same as the lives they focus on in their daily lives...the drug dealers, the professional athletes, the rappers, and the ubiquitous upper-middle-class "white people" on television. It gives them an excuse for the fact that they have not assimilated and not succeeded, and the future doesn't look the least bit promising to them.

Because of racism...which is manifested by these isolated. horrible killings.

And that's why they riot: To protest against the racism that - in their minds - is holding them back from the American Dream.

Dammit!!!
You made me use the starry eyed faggot ranking!!!
Curse you!!

And you have these guys:

You have an obsession.........lol........looking for nigga on the net.............LOL

Now why the hell are they burning down the whole dang city.........hmmm

That would be like us going .............A MEXICAN KILLED SOMEONE..........WAS ILLEGAL.

And then WE GO DOWN AND BURN ALL THE TACO BELLS TO THE GROUND.

And your side says we drink bleach.......okie dokie.................derp
Antifa, bought and paid for, are starting the fires. One goes by breaking the windows, another throws a molotov in the window, then Blacks get blamed for it. Or inexistent white supremacists.

This has been instigated by paid for antifa.
I keep hearing you guys talk about Antifa. Is that a west coast and northern thing? I never hear about them in our state.

It pains me to say this, but "we" now have a couple of generations of People of Color in this country who cannot understand why peace and prosperity do not come their way. They see the people on television, the professional athletes and entertainers, then look around themselves and look at their own lives and see...a rather unpleasant existence. But what they see is only half the picture. They don't see the work, the effort, the time, and the talents that, when combined, bring about the prosperity that they see in others. It is a puzzle to them.

And then something happens. Some Black Yoot is killed by the cops under circumstances where it appears that the killing was totally unjustified.

Now, statistically, this killing (regardless of which one(s) you are talking about) is statistically microscopic. For all practical purposes, it has no impact on anything or anyone that they know personally. And one might also note that there were about a dozen Black Yoots killed in Chicago last weekend. A typical - in fact a rather slow - weekend for killings in the Windy City. No protests, no riots, no nothing. Just "bid-ness" as usual.

So these lost generations JUMP ON the felonious killing of those isolated Black Yoots and scream: "This is why Black people can't succeed in this country! White people are all racists! They are holding us down!"

Which is statistical, logical, and factual nonsense. But it does, in their addled brains, provide an EXPLANATION of why their lives are not the same as the lives they focus on in their daily lives...the drug dealers, the professional athletes, the rappers, and the ubiquitous upper-middle-class "white people" on television. It gives them an excuse for the fact that they have not assimilated and not succeeded, and the future doesn't look the least bit promising to them.

And that's why they riot: To protest against the racism that - in their minds - is holding them back from the American Dream.
I believe that you believe this but there is much more to the story. First of all it isn’t all poor bock people protesting. There is a mix of races, ages and sexes out in the streets. Riots are just trouble makers looking for an excuse to make noise but the actual Protest runs much deeper than your scenario lays out. People are not calling all white people racist. They see a systemic problem not a statistical anomaly. The death of Floyd is a catalyst to demand attention to the greater issue. I’m confidently guessing that you aren’t black and thus do not understand the experience that many black people are screaming in the streets about. Perhaps you should judge less and listen more.

I believe that you believe this but there is much more to the story. First of all it isn’t all poor bock people protesting. There is a mix of races, ages and sexes out in the streets. Riots are just trouble makers looking for an excuse to make noise but the actual Protest runs much deeper than your scenario lays out. People are not calling all white people racist. They see a systemic problem not a statistical anomaly. The death of Floyd is a catalyst to demand attention to the greater issue. I’m confidently guessing that you aren’t black and thus do not understand the experience that many black people are screaming in the streets about. Perhaps you should judge less and listen more.

I've seen enough.
You dont take your anger out on innocent people.

Forum List

Back