The real reason US fears Iran getting a nuke.

Preacher

Gold Member
Jan 29, 2015
Georgia Mountains
Glenn Greenwald The true reason US fears Iranian nukes they can deter US attacks Information Clearing House ICH

That Iran will use its nuclear weapons against the US and Israel is rather obviously the centerpiece of the fear-mongering campaign against Tehran, to build popular support for threats to launch an aggressive attack in order to prevent them from acquiring that weapon. So what, then, is the real reason that so many people in both the US and Israeli governments are so desperate to stop Iranian proliferation?

Every now and then, they reveal the real reason: Iranian nuclear weapons would prevent the US from attacking Iran at will, and that is what is intolerable. The latest person to unwittingly reveal the real reason for viewing an Iranian nuclear capacity as unacceptable was GOP Senator Lindsey Graham, one of the US's most reliable and bloodthirsty warmongers.

On Monday, Graham spoke in North Augusta, South Carolina, and was asked about the way in which sanctions were harming ordinary Iranians. Ayman Hossam Fadel was present and recorded the exchange. Answering that question, Graham praised President Obama for threatening Iran with war over nuclear weapons, decreed that "the Iranian people should be willing to suffer now for a better future," and then – invoking the trite neocon script that is hauled out whenever new wars are being justified – analogized Iranian nukes to Hitler in the 1930s. But in the middle of his answer, he explained the real reason Iranian nuclear weapons should be feared:

"They have two goals: one, regime survival. The best way for the regime surviving, in their mind, is having a nuclear weapon, because when you have a nuclear weapon, nobody attacks you."

Graham added that the second regime goal is "influence", that "people listen to you" when you have a nuclear weapon. In other words, we cannot let Iran acquire nuclear weapons because if they get them, we can no longer attack them when we want to and can no longer bully them in their own region.

Bolded is exact truth.

wow, for sure they are so trust worthy they would never turn around and use a nuke on any other country. LIKE US for one

greenwald is an idiot

1. Glenn Greenwald
    Lawyer
  2. Glenn Edward Greenwald is an American lawyer, journalist and author. He was a columnist for Guardian US from August 2012 to October 2013. He was a columnist for Salon.com from 2007 to 2012, and an occasional contributor to The Guardian.
he should stick to chasing ambulances.

Every now and then, they reveal the real reason: Iranian nuclear weapons would prevent the US from attacking Iran at will, and that is what is intolerable.

Pretty much. We won't like it if they have a saber to rattle back at us.

But as I have pointed out several times, we lived with a nuclear USSR and won. We can live with a Nukular Iran™.

I'm not happy about the prospect of a Nukular Iran™, but I'm not shitting my pants over it, either.

Last edited:
Every now and then, they reveal the real reason: Iranian nuclear weapons would prevent the US from attacking Iran at will, and that is what is intolerable.

Pretty much. We won't like it if they have a saber to rattle back at us.

But as I have pointed out several times, we lived with a nuclear USSR and won. We can live with a nukular Iran.

I'm not happy about the prospect of a nukular Iran, but I'm not shitting my pants over it, either.
Exactly. Now the Saudis getting nukes ... that scares me. The real danger is a ME arms race.

wow, for sure they are so trust worthy they would never turn around and use a nuke on any other country. LIKE US for one

greenwald is an idiot

1. Glenn Greenwald
    Lawyer
  2. Glenn Edward Greenwald is an American lawyer, journalist and author. He was a columnist for Guardian US from August 2012 to October 2013. He was a columnist for Salon.com from 2007 to 2012, and an occasional contributor to The Guardian.

Like the US did to Japan?

greenwald is an idiot

1. Glenn Greenwald
    Lawyer

who started that one? Iran has made no bones about wanting to take over other countries. yet you all sit here saying, well ok then lets just give them the nuke. they can't be serious

The funny thing is, we were never going to invade Iran.

Every six months or so during the Bush Administration, though, the liberals would start pissing their panties and scream we were about to invade Iran. Every time the normal process of a Navy carrier task force being rotated out and another one rotated in, these idiots thought an invasion of Iran was in the works.

And there certainly were a lot of chickenhawks on the Right who wanted us to invade Iran. But it was never seriously in the cards.

However, our neocon retards and their bloodlust handed the Iranian elites some great propaganda material on a silver platter. "Bomb, bomb, bomb. Bomb bomb Iran!"

Just like "wipe Israel off the map" still gets a lot of airplay for the tards here in America.

Tards vs. tards.

My main worry is that an Iranian nuke would fall into the hands of a radical jihad organization. Same with a Saudi nuke. Especially of the backpack variety.

Just last week, our President said, as he has said many times---Iran cannot have nuclear weapons.

Is it conceded by everyone, conservative and liberal alike, that he is just lying to us?

Just last week, our President said, as he has said many times---Iran cannot have nuclear weapons.

Is it conceded by everyone, conservative and liberal alike, that he is just lying to us?

No. I think a deal where Iran has no nukes is the goal of the talks. If the Republicans and Israel (and several other interested parties) would stop sabotaging the process, it would be a big step. It's not like Iran will get a nuke tomorrow.

greenwald is an idiot

1. Glenn Greenwald
    Lawyer

who started that one? Iran has made no bones about wanting to take over other countries. yet you all sit here saying, well ok then lets just give them the nuke. they can't be serious
Actually the US was committing Economic terrorism against Japan and Japan reacted like the US knew they would do. Even so NOTHING justifies the US using a nuclear weapon to murder hundreds of thousands of civilians. What countries has Iran wanted to take over? Oh and it being the ME. WHO CARES If they do want to take over another nation which I find to be bullshit and made up lies by you and other republitards.

greenwald is an idiot

1. Glenn Greenwald
    Lawyer

Actually the US was committing Economic terrorism against Japan and Japan reacted like the US knew they would do. Even so NOTHING justifies the US using a nuclear weapon to murder hundreds of thousands of civilians. What countries has Iran wanted to take over? Oh and it being the ME. WHO CARES If they do want to take over another nation which I find to be bullshit and made up lies by you and other republitards.

What a sweet little boy you seem to be :)

Tell me what role Religion might ply in Iran and their....desires?

greenwald is an idiot

1. Glenn Greenwald
    Lawyer

What religion? Iran has Muslims,Jews,Christians,and numerous other smaller religions.and what "desire" does Iran have other than to be left the hell alone?

greenwald is an idiot

1. Glenn Greenwald
    Lawyer

What religion? Iran has Muslims,Jews,Christians,and numerous other smaller religions.and what "desire" does Iran have other than to be left the hell alone?

Cut the crap kid, there is only ONE religion that matters and that's the religion practiced by the Mullahs.

Cut the crap kid, there is only ONE religion that matters and that's the religion practiced by the Mullahs.
And why is Islam a problem? I have more problems with christianity than I do Islam...what's your problem with them. Let me guess you think ALL muslims are like ISIS members huh?

Tehran is paranoid as hell. They need nukes to dominate the area. And they will arm HAMAS with nukes and other terrorist groups, wouldn't that be great? What the hell do they need nukes for, aren't they supposed to be bad by liberals and intellectuals?

Tehran is paranoid as hell. They need nukes to dominate the area. And they will arm HAMAS with nukes and other terrorist groups, wouldn't that be great? What the hell do they need nukes for, aren't they supposed to be bad by liberals and intellectuals?
You are going in way to many directions for someone to give an answer to....jesus stop frothing at the mouth and ranting.

Forum List

Back