The real reason US fears Iran getting a nuke.

Glenn Greenwald The true reason US fears Iranian nukes they can deter US attacks Information Clearing House ICH

That Iran will use its nuclear weapons against the US and Israel is rather obviously the centerpiece of the fear-mongering campaign against Tehran, to build popular support for threats to launch an aggressive attack in order to prevent them from acquiring that weapon. So what, then, is the real reason that so many people in both the US and Israeli governments are so desperate to stop Iranian proliferation?

Every now and then, they reveal the real reason: Iranian nuclear weapons would prevent the US from attacking Iran at will, and that is what is intolerable. The latest person to unwittingly reveal the real reason for viewing an Iranian nuclear capacity as unacceptable was GOP Senator Lindsey Graham, one of the US's most reliable and bloodthirsty warmongers.

On Monday, Graham spoke in North Augusta, South Carolina, and was asked about the way in which sanctions were harming ordinary Iranians. Ayman Hossam Fadel was present and recorded the exchange. Answering that question, Graham praised President Obama for threatening Iran with war over nuclear weapons, decreed that "the Iranian people should be willing to suffer now for a better future," and then – invoking the trite neocon script that is hauled out whenever new wars are being justified – analogized Iranian nukes to Hitler in the 1930s. But in the middle of his answer, he explained the real reason Iranian nuclear weapons should be feared:

"They have two goals: one, regime survival. The best way for the regime surviving, in their mind, is having a nuclear weapon, because when you have a nuclear weapon, nobody attacks you."

Graham added that the second regime goal is "influence", that "people listen to you" when you have a nuclear weapon. In other words, we cannot let Iran acquire nuclear weapons because if they get them, we can no longer attack them when we want to and can no longer bully them in their own region.

Bolded is exact truth.
The main reason is the folks in tehran are a bunch of psychotic evildoers. We have not invaded Iran without bombs. They are unnecessary

Iran took our embassy workers, they constantly connive and act against the west and America. They give Hamas rockets and aid against Israel. Hamas killed over 250 American Marines in Beirut in 83. Their government hates Americans sooooo much I wouldn't put it past them to slip a dirty bomb they developed out of this program to aid terrorist to hurt the west. And It WILL happen.
Now I know you are full of SHIT. Its not Hamas you moron it was Hezbollah. The REASON they took the embassy is back in the 50's the CIA helped overthrow their legally elected leader and install a vicious dictator which took Iran down a horrible path. Taking the embassy hostage was tough shit...its what happens to innocent people when the people the US fucked over decide enough is enough and take back their country from a puppet dictatorship. Iran with 1 nuclear weapon is not DUMB ENOUGH to fuck with us or Israel for that matter. Israel and us both have over 300 nukes. Iran having a nuke would merely level the playing field in Iran and make Israel and the US take Iran seriously as a ME player just like they are now. Its coming so get used to it.

Aren't you just a pleasant little boy?

You don't know shit about Iran :)

Not a damn thing.
Amaze us with some of your made up "facts" my boy...I am waiting.

(smile) I don't need to amaze you with anything kid you are just another America piece of shit.

You like "pretending" that the Religious Leaders of Iran (Who practice the ONLY religion that counts there) aren't driven by it.

They are ,I've asked you before kid, what Religion do they practice, more specifically what sect of said Religion do they practice?
Like I figured just another Israel Firster POS....can't back up your bullshit with facts Well I can. Oh and my religion is called Creativity.Look it up.

Glenn Greenwald The true reason US fears Iranian nukes they can deter US attacks Information Clearing House ICH

That Iran will use its nuclear weapons against the US and Israel is rather obviously the centerpiece of the fear-mongering campaign against Tehran, to build popular support for threats to launch an aggressive attack in order to prevent them from acquiring that weapon. So what, then, is the real reason that so many people in both the US and Israeli governments are so desperate to stop Iranian proliferation?

Every now and then, they reveal the real reason: Iranian nuclear weapons would prevent the US from attacking Iran at will, and that is what is intolerable. The latest person to unwittingly reveal the real reason for viewing an Iranian nuclear capacity as unacceptable was GOP Senator Lindsey Graham, one of the US's most reliable and bloodthirsty warmongers.

On Monday, Graham spoke in North Augusta, South Carolina, and was asked about the way in which sanctions were harming ordinary Iranians. Ayman Hossam Fadel was present and recorded the exchange. Answering that question, Graham praised President Obama for threatening Iran with war over nuclear weapons, decreed that "the Iranian people should be willing to suffer now for a better future," and then – invoking the trite neocon script that is hauled out whenever new wars are being justified – analogized Iranian nukes to Hitler in the 1930s. But in the middle of his answer, he explained the real reason Iranian nuclear weapons should be feared:

"They have two goals: one, regime survival. The best way for the regime surviving, in their mind, is having a nuclear weapon, because when you have a nuclear weapon, nobody attacks you."

Graham added that the second regime goal is "influence", that "people listen to you" when you have a nuclear weapon. In other words, we cannot let Iran acquire nuclear weapons because if they get them, we can no longer attack them when we want to and can no longer bully them in their own region.

Bolded is exact truth.
The main reason is the folks in tehran are a bunch of psychotic evildoers. We have not invaded Iran without bombs. They are unnecessary
Lol...OK..great reason.

Iran under the Shaw was doing well. Iranians didn't like or want the Shaw, I get that. What the HELL does IRAN need a nuclear ANYTHING with all energy reserves she has, anyway? It's all about fear and intimidation.

Iran took our embassy workers, they constantly connive and act against the west and America. They give Hamas rockets and aid against Israel. Hamas killed over 250 American Marines in Beirut in 83. Their government hates Americans sooooo much I wouldn't put it past them to slip a dirty bomb they developed out of this program to aid terrorist to hurt the west. And It WILL happen.
Now I know you are full of SHIT. Its not Hamas you moron it was Hezbollah. The REASON they took the embassy is back in the 50's the CIA helped overthrow their legally elected leader and install a vicious dictator which took Iran down a horrible path. Taking the embassy hostage was tough shit...its what happens to innocent people when the people the US fucked over decide enough is enough and take back their country from a puppet dictatorship. Iran with 1 nuclear weapon is not DUMB ENOUGH to fuck with us or Israel for that matter. Israel and us both have over 300 nukes. Iran having a nuke would merely level the playing field in Iran and make Israel and the US take Iran seriously as a ME player just like they are now. Its coming so get used to it.

Not a damn thing.

(smile) I don't need to amaze you with anything kid you are just another America piece of shit.

You like "pretending" that the Religious Leaders of Iran (Who practice the ONLY religion that counts there) aren't driven by it.

They are ,I've asked you before kid, what Religion do they practice, more specifically what sect of said Religion do they practice?
Like I figured just another Israel Firster POS....can't back up your bullshit with facts Well I can. Oh and my religion is called Creativity.Look it up.

LOL, meaning as I said you don't know shit about Iran.

Run along child

Bolded is exact truth.

Don't be silly. Everyone knows that big oil is behind it all. If Iran had nukes, big oil could not appropriate their mineral rights.

Not a damn thing.

LOL, meaning as I said you don't know shit about Iran.

Run along child
So you can't prove anything and refuse to provide facts to back up your ASSumptions....figures...typical liar.
How many times has the US threatened to? War drums haven't stopped beating since at least 2000.

And to date nothing has transpired...

It's ironic how we are such a threat to so many yet we are the first to help..

It will with the right nutcase in the white house.

All you who agrees with Greenwald should pack up and move to Iran.

see ya bye

Forum List

Back