The Rape of America

You would ask someone to recall, in writing, something that terrible? For the sake of an argument?

One thing's for sure, you've never even known anyone who has been the victim of rape or you wouldn't go there.

If it makes you happy, America isn't being raped. It's being invaded by it's own.

No. In fact I DON'T want anyone to actually recall their accounts of being raped.

Nor do I want a shift in American politics be compared to rape.

Do you see?
She's desperate to convince you that analogy is invalid; that one can't compare a personal violation with a collective violation; because the collective violation; well it doesn't come with very real and very personal, individual consequences....

Two points...

1. He.

2. I'm not saying that the analogy is invalid...rather I'm saying that it may be highly offensive to someone who has been raped. I cannot attest to this, as I have not been raped. But just as the OP has presented an analogy that America is being raped, I posted a counter raising the question is "rape" the correct word to describe it.

And the true definition of "rape" is not found in Merriam-Webster, but rather found through experience.

Robin of Berkeley? A 'person' that can't even write using his/her surname?

This is classic right wing emote...it is rambling emotion with no substance. It is based solely on FEAR and insecurity. It ONLY defines the author...a typical right winger...fearful, insecure and intellectually inadequate. I strongly suggest Robin of Berkeley move away from the epicenter of intelligence...

Robin of Bum Fuck Mississippi would be a better fit.

So boedicca are you willing to stand behind all the ideas in this piece like

The implication that atheism leads to rape.

The full context the author included is: parents missing in action, a culture that thumbs its nose at God, And a society that minimizes crime, that even heralds certain criminals as heroes.

The issue is a lack of moral values. I don't believe that atheism in and of itself leads to rape as long as there is a strong moral core (in our society, that is based upon judeo-christian 10 commandment type values). When parents are absent and there is no church to provide a moral substitute - and the child is exposed to justifications and glorification of crime, that child is being put at risk.

Want a real life examples: the gang culture largely consisting of the kids of unwed mothers in blighted urban areas.

The idea that a candidate receiving mudslinging attacks and insults is somehow not to be expected.

Mudslinging itself has limits. When it extends to attacking the children of a candidate, the line has been crossed.

The idea that many people insulting Palin = gang rape

etc.

The viciousness of the attacks on Palin (and prior to her Hillary), are indications of serious misogyny among the Far Left. Given the author's description of rape as a tool of control and humiliation, the attacks could be seen as a form of psychological gang rape. Certainly, the intent of the attacks on both women were to tear them down in the hopes that they would quit.

A man who has carved an identity out of rage and envy and resentment. Someone who feels entitled to take whatever he wants.

Remind any one of Teabaggers?

Here you go:

Gay Dating

Considering your obsession with teabagging, perhaps you can find someone willing to perform the act with you.

This is classic right wing emote...it is rambling emotion with no substance. It is based solely on FEAR and insecurity. It ONLY defines the author...a typical right winger...fearful, insecure and intellectually inadequate. I strongly suggest Robin of Berkeley move away from the epicenter of intelligence...

Please explain the lack of substance. Do you disagree that a larger government = less freedom? If so, i'd love to hear why.

Thanks in advance.

☭proletarian☭;2187309 said:
Liberalism is like alcoholism, a disease.

Shame you live in a nation founded on the liberal ideology, then. I'm sure the blacks and women share your views and would love to return to the good ol' days.

Classic Liberalism - not the Progressive Statism promoted by The Left Today.

If you are going to talk about who supported slavery in the Good Old Days, you might want to read up on Andrew Jackson, his views, and his role in shaping the Democratic Party.

"I was raped by Obama and all I got was this lousy T-shirt."

Look on the bright side:

At least he didn't force you to wear his hand me down Mommy Jeans.

Please explain the lack of substance. Do you disagree that a larger government = less freedom? If so, i'd love to hear why.

Thanks in advance.

This faux author's piece is fictional bullshit. It defines the author's paranoia and social illnesses.

I believe ineffective government = less freedom. Castrating government, like Bush and Cheney did is not shrinking government. It is opening the doors to the hen-house and sending out invitations to every wolf in the neighborhood to feast on We, the People.

"Harry Truman once said, 'There are 14 or 15 million Americans who have the resources to have representatives in Washington to protect their interests, and that the interests of the great mass of the other people - the 150 or 160 million - is the responsibility of the president of the United States, and I propose to fulfill it.'"
President John F. Kennedy

^^^ What a non sequitur.

☭proletarian☭;2184293 said:
What fosters rape? Parents missing in action. A culture that thumbs its nose at God.

Rape in the Bible

Care to try again?

Ahh... the intentionally and necessarily vague point.

What is it about valid, sound, sustainable reason, which repels the Ideological Left, across the baord; in every nuanced facet?

WTF are you babbling about? The idiot said it was the rejection of God that caused rape. I proved that a lie, since God is okay with rape.

Now my guess is, that it's the truth inherent in such; meaning that when you've tried it, it turned into something more akin to a confession... which naturally set the cause back quite a bit.

:eusa_eh:

I think Pubes is trying to say something. What is it, boy? Timmy fell in the well again?
I mean here is a gal who is lamenting violence, while advocating one of the most lethal organism on the Planet: The Ideological Left.

You're still using 'girl' as an insult? Why do you feel that the female form is something horrible and that to be female is to be below the male form?

The full context the author included is: parents missing in action, a culture that thumbs its nose at God, And a society that minimizes crime, that even heralds certain criminals as heroes.

The issue is a lack of moral values.

The morals of a god that commands rape and genocide?

☭proletarian☭;2187309 said:
Liberalism is like alcoholism, a disease.

Shame you live in a nation founded on the liberal ideology, then. I'm sure the blacks and women share your views and would love to return to the good ol' days.

Classic Liberalism - not the Progressive Statism promoted by The Left Today.

If you are going to talk about who supported slavery in the Good Old Days, you might want to read up on Andrew Jackson, his views, and his role in shaping the Democratic Party.

You think I care about the Democrats?

This faux author's piece is fictional bullshit. It defines the author's paranoia and social illnesses.

I believe ineffective government = less freedom. Castrating government, like Bush and Cheney did is not shrinking government. It is opening the doors to the hen-house and sending out invitations to every wolf in the neighborhood to feast on We, the People.
I saw it as a metaphor for her views. Rape is an extreme metaphor though valid in this instance. You just don't agree with her views, so you call it fictional. It's really not possible to argue that government isn't getting bigger and more personally intrusive under Obama. She sees this as an attack on her freedom, you seem see it as a government finally governing. You're a fan of big, intrusive government and she's not. To each his/her own.

Sounded like he was saying any of those would be sufficient

The idea that a candidate receiving mudslinging attacks and insults is somehow not to be expected.

Mudslinging itself has limits. When it extends to attacking the children of a candidate, the line has been crossed.

Fair enough.

The idea that many people insulting Palin = gang rape

etc.

The viciousness of the attacks on Palin (and prior to her Hillary), are indications of serious misogyny among the Far Left. Given the author's description of rape as a tool of control and humiliation, the attacks could be seen as a form of psychological gang rape. Certainly, the intent of the attacks on both women were to tear them down in the hopes that they would quit.

If the far left were misogynistic why aren't they also attacking Pelosi?

Vicious attacks are not like rape at all. Every person in the US has the right to say mean stuff about people, especially public figures. If lots of people choose to do it so be it.

Real rape involves force, forcing yourself on whoever. Where is the force involved here? Where is the control here?

The fact that some people hate you and want you to leave should not be so shocking to any politician. No matter what you believe some people will believe the polar opposite and despise you, the fact that a lot of people choose to express their feelings is not rape.

This is essentially the equivalent of people en masse booing a rival sports team, and if a politician can't handle that (and it sure looks like Palin can) they're in the wrong profession.

Psychological gang rape my aching foot, if you want to see "psychological gang rape" (as if such a thing exists) try watching a clockwork orange, or try looking at real emotional abuse.

I saw it as a metaphor for her views. Rape is an extreme metaphor though valid in this instance. You just don't agree with her views, so you call it fictional. It's really not possible to argue that government isn't getting bigger and more personally intrusive under Obama. She sees this as an attack on her freedom, you seem see it as a government finally governing. You're a fan of big, intrusive government and she's not. To each his/her own.

I can speak for myself without you telling me what I believe and what I don't believe. I am not for intrusive government, I'm for effective government. A government that represents the people, not special interests and lobbyists. If you're a realistic person and truly aware of the real 'intrusions' into our lives as citizens, they don't come from government. They come into our living rooms (TV) and into our mailboxes every single day. They come in the form of predatory corporations that constantly pitch ways to steal our money and through 'notices' that change contracts WE agreed to and live up to, only to have the service providers change the terms...like cell phones, cable companies and credit card companies. It is government's role to regulate and set rules that prevent predators from gaming the system and stealing our hard earned money. To protect our water and air and food supply.

The only rape that has occurred was Bush and Cheney's rape of our Constitution, discarding our moral values and allowing the RAPE of our environment and planet.

No. In fact I DON'T want anyone to actually recall their accounts of being raped.

Nor do I want a shift in American politics be compared to rape.

Do you see?
She's desperate to convince you that analogy is invalid; that one can't compare a personal violation with a collective violation; because the collective violation; well it doesn't come with very real and very personal, individual consequences....

Two points...

1. He.

2. I'm not saying that the analogy is invalid...rather I'm saying that it may be highly offensive to someone who has been raped. I cannot attest to this, as I have not been raped. But just as the OP has presented an analogy that America is being raped, I posted a counter raising the question is "rape" the correct word to describe it.

And the true definition of "rape" is not found in Merriam-Webster, but rather found through experience.

Again she comes to project the deciet that there is some distinction between the rape of a female and the rape by the Leftist ideology of America.

Well, lets try this...

How about the 77 year old man who was sitting at his computer, and replied to a web-vertisement from a 'reputable' mortgage lender; the result of which was a telephone conversation wherein that lender 'informed' that gentleman that his home was worth hudrends of thousands of dollars more than he presently had secured through a mortgage.

That he could easily tap into that equity; and use that money to pay off credit cards and make improvements in his home. And that his fixed income was not a problem because the US government was guaranteeing cetain kinds of loans, of which he was qualified; because of the equity position he enjoyed in his home, his $2000/mo income from SS, a tiny pension and his $11/hr nightwatchman job, was more than sufficient to secure a $250,000.00 Mortgage. The sum of which would leave him cashing out with $75,000 after the roughly $25,000 in various fees.

So the Oldman decided that he could use the cash and since he still had $150,000 in equity, and since his home's value had increased in value by 22% per year over the preceding three years; he felt certain that he would be able to adjust, since he didn't have to worry about income verfication, in case he lost his job.

Well... he got the loan, and put a new roof on the place,had those 1960s kithcen cabinets resurfaced... Painted the house inside and out; had the generations old carpets ripped out and new tile installed; installed new windows with the really nice energy efficient 'hurricane windows'; had the Air conditioner replaced with a new high efficiency unit; both which were badly needed, particularly since his wife had suffered her stroke and massive brain hemorrhage; which thank goodness, left her relatively high functioning; but unable to work and prone to fits of rage, which happened anytime day or night; making it impossible for him to rest during the day... and to worry all night, leaning on family to watch over her, when he was at work.

Thing was, after he had all that work done he was sure that the value of his home would be higher; as the guy that came out to estimate the property value fo the Mortgage company, had pointed out all those things, as the reason his house wasn't worth as much as the Mortgage broker had initially indicated that it would be. He was running low on cash, and his boss was making noises that didn't sound good; regarding the Oldmans performance at work; he tended to dose off; which while understandable considering he was only getting three or four hours of sleep a day and to keep his check where he needed it to be, he was working 6 and 7 days a week.

So he hired an appriaser to come out and appraise the house, to see how much he had improved the value and found that the house was actually worth less than it had appraised when the Mortgage company came out and did it.

He called the Mortgage company and found out that his loan had recently been sold to another company; and while they offered to let him apply for another loan, the initial numbers didn't look good, considering recent activity in his market; and that if the numbers did not come around at appraisal, there would not be sufficient equity to qualify him on Income.

Two days later the Old man was fired from his job... He made three more house payments; but inevitably; for the first time since 1972; the OldMan missed a payment and 53 days later the Mortgage Company foreclosed...

The Oldman was a proud old cob and kept the news to himself; but inevitbly his family discovered his situation; filed the necessary claims to prevent immediate foreclosure...

They began to try and develope a plan to help the Oldman get back on his feet; but his health had taken a turn and he was unable to secure another job.

The Health problems persisted and 14 months later, the Oldman who spent the last year and a half of his life obsessing, day and night on his home; which he had been paying on for nearly 40 years... died as a result of an ulcer which hemorrhaged in his stomach; said to be a result of stress and age.

I knew that Old Man very well. He was a dear friend; one of the most honorable old cobs you could ever meet; not perfect by any respect; but a genuinely honest man; who in his senior years allowed his natural optimism overcome his good sense; but he did everything he did for good reason... he trusted licenses profressionals, which were ceritifed by the State and Federal Authorities; who SCREWED HIM TO THE WALL... inevitably, they killed him... and stole his house.

Now, that old man was raped... He was raped by those in his government which unleashed unsustainable policy onto the mortgage industry... He was raped by immoral individuals in the Mortgage Industry who lacked the moral fortitude to reject the immoral demands of that government.

Now would ya care to rant on about the distinctions of some personal sexual assualt; and show how this old mans pain, which inevitably ended his life... is somehow SIGNIFICANTLY LESS than a physical rape?

Last edited:
☭proletarian☭;2188508 said:
☭proletarian☭;2184293 said:

Ahh... the intentionally and necessarily vague point.

What is it about valid, sound, sustainable reason, which repels the Ideological Left, across the baord; in every nuanced facet?

WTF are you babbling about? The idiot said it was the rejection of God that caused rape. I proved that a lie, since God is okay with rape.

Sweet FAIL!

Sadly taking scripture out of context, does nto a valid point make... and invalid points do not prove anything; except the inability of the advancer of such points, to recognize a valid point.

And for the record, I don't engage atheists in debates of the scriptures... the whole 'pearls before swine' thing prohibits such.

God endowed us with our rights; and the responsibilities inherent in those rights; and there is no means to bear one's responsibility and strip another of their rights. End of story. No exceptions...

Now my guess is, that it's the truth inherent in such; meaning that when you've tried it, it turned into something more akin to a confession... which naturally set the cause back quite a bit.

:eusa_eh:

I think Pubes is trying to say something. What is it, boy? Timmy fell in the well again?

Your second default concession is duly noted and, as always, summarily accepted.

I mean here is a gal who is lamenting violence, while advocating one of the most lethal organism on the Planet: The Ideological Left.

You're still using 'girl' as an insult? Why do you feel that the female form is something horrible and that to be female is to be below the male form?

Your third default concession is duly noted and summarily accepted.

It should also be noted that the elements of the argument which you CHOSE to avoid, remain standing; and with your choice to ignore those elements you concede those points, by default, as well.

And THAT kids, is all there is to THAT!

As you can see, the ideological Leftist is incapable of sustaining ANYTHING which they advance... their entire scope of feelings are invalid, unsustainable nonsense; and where they are so foolish as to try and debate them, they lose... at least where the opposition is well grounded in sound, sustainable reason and commands a full understanding of the immutable principles of nature; on which America rests.

And how cool is THAT? :lol:

I can speak for myself without you telling me what I believe and what I don't believe. I am not for intrusive government, I'm for effective government. A government that represents the people, not special interests and lobbyists.
Define "effective."

If you're a realistic person and truly aware of the real 'intrusions' into our lives as citizens, they don't come from government. They come into our living rooms (TV) and into our mailboxes every single day. They come in the form of predatory corporations that constantly pitch ways to steal our money and through 'notices' that change contracts WE agreed to and live up to, only to have the service providers change the terms...like cell phones, cable companies and credit card companies.
Seriously? You know how many times i've been prayed upon by evil corporations? 0. Why? Because i'm not a fucking idiot. If a credit card company decided to dick me around then i'd go to another one, but i never had to because i've only ever had 1 or 2 credit cards at a time and i never carry a balance. I've never got fucked by utility/service companies because i look at the bill every month and understand that (for example) cable rates go up when drastically more channels are added.

It's pretty hard to get fucked when you actually take the time and effort to educate yourself about what you're doing/buying/getting yourself into. I'm not sure how you consider commercials and advertisements "predatory" if that's what you're saying with the "intrusions into our living rooms and mailboxes every day" comment. God forbid a business use every means of communication available to them to sell their good or service.

Maybe that's all just me though. I'm not an idiot and can therefore take care of myself. I don't need the government to enact law after law telling the whole credit card industry, health insurance industry or anything other industry what they can and can't do for me so long as they're not physically harming me. Though i suppose if i was a fucking idiot and therefore didn't know how to take care of myself then i would be right there with you asking the government to do everything for me.

Last edited:

Two points...

1. He.

Again she comes to project the deciet that there is some distinction between the rape of a female and the rape by the Leftist ideology of America.

Well, lets try this...

How about the 77 year old man who was sitting at his computer, and replied to a web-vertisement from a 'reputable' mortgage lender; the result of which was a telephone conversation wherein that lender 'informed' that gentleman that his home was worth hudrends of thousands of dollars more than he presently had secured through a mortgage.

That he could easily tap into that equity; and use that money to pay off credit cards and make improvements in his home. And that his fixed income was not a problem because the US government was guaranteeing cetain kinds of loans, of which he was qualified; because of the equity position he enjoyed in his home, his $2000/mo income from SS, a tiny pension and his $11/hr nightwatchman job, was more than sufficient to secure a $250,000.00 Mortgage. The sum of which would leave him cashing out with $75,000 after the roughly $25,000 in various fees.

So the Oldman decided that he could use the cash and since he still had $150,000 in equity, and since his home's value had increased in value by 22% per year over the preceding three years; he felt certain that he would be able to adjust, since he didn't have to worry about income verfication, in case he lost his job.

Well... he got the loan, and put a new roof on the place,had those 1960s kithcen cabinets resurfaced... Painted the house inside and out; had the generations old carpets ripped out and new tile installed; installed new windows with the really nice energy efficient 'hurricane windows'; had the Air conditioner replaced with a new high efficiency unit; both which were badly needed, particularly since his wife had suffered her stroke and massive brain hemorrhage; which thank goodness, left her relatively high functioning; but unable to work and prone to fits of rage, which happened anytime day or night; making it impossible for him to rest during the day... and to worry all night, leaning on family to watch over her, when he was at work.

Thing was, after he had all that work done he was sure that the value of his home would be higher; as the guy that came out to estimate the property value fo the Mortgage company, had pointed out all those things, as the reason his house wasn't worth as much as the Mortgage broker had initially indicated that it would be. He was running low on cash, and his boss was making noises that didn't sound good; regarding the Oldmans performance at work; he tended to dose off; which while understandable considering he was only getting three or four hours of sleep a day and to keep his check where he needed it to be, he was working 6 and 7 days a week.

So he hired an appriaser to come out and appraise the house, to see how much he had improved the value and found that the house was actually worth less than it had appraised when the Mortgage company came out and did it.

He called the Mortgage company and found out that his loan had recently been sold to another company; and while they offered to let him apply for another loan, the initial numbers didn't look good, considering recent activity in his market; and that if the numbers did not come around at appraisal, there would not be sufficient equity to qualify him on Income.

Two days later the Old man was fired from his job... He made three more house payments; but inevitably; for the first time since 1972; the OldMan missed a payment and 53 days later the Mortgage Company foreclosed...

The Oldman was a proud old cob and kept the news to himself; but inevitbly his family discovered his situation; filed the necessary claims to prevent immediate foreclosure...

They began to try and develope a plan to help the Oldman get back on his feet; but his health had taken a turn and he was unable to secure another job.

The Health problems persisted and 14 months later, the Oldman who spent the last year and a half of his life obsessing, day and night on his home; which he had been paying on for nearly 40 years... died as a result of an ulcer which hemorrhaged in his stomach; said to be a result of stress and age.

I knew that Old Man very well. He was a dear friend; one of the most honorable old cobs you could ever meet; not perfect by any respect; but a genuinely honest man; who in his senior years allowed his natural optimism overcome his good sense; but he did everything he did for good reason... he trusted licenses profressionals, which were ceritifed by the State and Federal Authorities; who SCREWED HIM TO THE WALL... inevitably, they killed him... and stole his house.

Now, that old man was raped... He was raped by those in his government which unleashed unsustainable policy onto the mortgage industry... He was raped by immoral individuals in the Mortgage Industry who lacked the moral fortitude to reject the immoral demands of that government.

Now would ya care to rant on about the distinctions of some personal sexual assualt; and show how this old mans pain, which inevitably ended his life... is somehow SIGNIFICANTLY LESS than a physical rape?

Your analogy describes a man who was "raped" by unscrupulous mortgage lenders driven by capitalist greed and unteathered by a lack of governmental regulation and oversight.

Thanks.

:lol:

Forum List

Back