The problem with homosexuality and Christianity is you have to choose one or the other

Do you believe homosexuality is genetically caused or something physical/mental that can't be helped? I think it's emotional/psychological and can be helped.

Too bad people who are actually gay say differently. Many of whom endured "conversion therapy" and found it was a lie.

So your opinion is noted, but it doesn't seem to be an informed one.

It just goes to show the crying from atheists/ags when they can't accept reasons for why homosexuals and their abomination exists. One has to accept that it is ABOMINABLE BEHAVIOR TO GOD FIRST.

Do you keep ALL the old testament rules? I bet you don't. So when did God give the OK to eat shellfish? When did God give the OK to wear mixed fibers (Lev 19:19).

Or do you say Jesus died and changed all THOSE rules but kept the ones in place about abominations of gay people.

Where, exactly, in the Bible does it get you off the hook if you had a shrimp cocktail last year some time?

It's not cause and effect, but an emotional issue that drives what becomes cravings as they grow up.

Is that how it is for you?

ETA: I don't agree with the OP. One doesn't have to choose one or the other. If one recognizes their homosexuality is a sin and is hurting them, then they can change.

You can change too.

It requires one to recognize their homosexual behavior is hurting themselves first and vowing to do something about it.

Hating people whose lives don't impact you at all is hurting you as well. It keeps alive a burning hatred that is probably kind of corrosive. It certainly can't feel good carrying around a sense that people you don't even know are "abominations".

Thankfully YOU avoided becoming gay. How did you do it? Was it hard?

It just goes to show the crying from atheists/ags when they can't accept reasons for why homosexuals and their abomination exists. One has to accept that it is ABOMINABLE BEHAVIOR TO GOD FIRST. It's not cause and effect, but an emotional issue that drives what becomes cravings as they grow up.

To the contrary, did you read what I said and try to understand it? Just read my caps above.

To give you another chance, do you have a link for your beliefs that homosexuality is genetically caused? Much of your blabber is self-aggrandizement in listening to yourself speak in your writing.

ETA: I don't agree with the OP. One doesn't have to choose one or the other. If one recognizes their homosexuality is a sin and is hurting them, then they can change. It requires one to recognize their homosexual behavior is hurting themselves first and vowing to do something about it.

Stuff i have found states that LGBT are born that way and that the bible been mistranslated.

Stuff i have found states that LGBT are born that way and that the bible been mistranslated.

It seems pretty obvious that gay people are born that way. Every gay person I've talked to said they felt different from their earliest memories onward. At no point did they "choose" to be gay. Especially in a world that beats them to death or otherwise kept them out of the economy and made them live in abject terror. NO ONE would choose to be gay under those circumstances. Yet they existed.

As for the Bible, well the Bible was written by people. People have been homophobic since the dawn of time. OF COURSE the Bible and by extension God will say what people want it and Him to say. OF COURSE the God of the OT is homophobic and calls them "abominations". That's because God didn't say ANYTHING. The writers of the OT said it. PEOPLE said it. People can be horrible creatures to others.

I don't really have a dog in the fight between gay Christians and the church. I would think they would want to leave the Church. But I also understand that a lot of people gain a lot of positive benefit from their spiritual beliefs. Even if I don't believe in them, they do. And so they are tasked with trying to make a God who created them one way and who also thinks of them as "abominations" into a God who loves everyone.

I don't envy their job. But I do understand how it would be important to them.

Do you keep ALL the old testament rules? I bet you don't. So when did God give the OK to eat shellfish? When did God give the OK to wear mixed fibers (Lev 19:19).

Or do you say Jesus died and changed all THOSE rules but kept the ones in place about abominations of gay people.

Where, exactly, in the Bible does it get you off the hook if you had a shrimp cocktail last year some time?

Apples and oranges. Those rules about eating shellfish and whatnot were only meant for the Israelites, to be set apart from others, and also for hygiene/health reasons. And although I believe those principles still apply (personally I go all the way back to Genesis 1:29, and honor God's original intent, but I digress) that is a very different matter than moral laws which are universal and eternal.

A good rule of thumb if you're not sure about something is this....if something is said to be a sin in both the Old AND New Testaments, then obviously it still is true and applicable... and homosexuality is listed as a sin in both the Old and New Testaments. Btw I'm not saying it should be singled out.... premarital sex between heterosexuals is also a sin... but let's not pretend homosexuality is not a sin, just because of what society teaches.

I was at an author event and a lesbian read to us all the passages of the Bible that explicitly condemn homosexuality.

It made me realize that one who lives the homosexual lifestyle must reject Christianity or must, at the very least, admit he is a sinner in need of forgiveness.

But it seems that many homosexuals are unwilling to do either. They demand Christian churches go against explicit Biblical teachings and accept homosexuality. This is creating a crisis that is affecting all the Christian churches.

My prediction is this: Soon, every Christian church except the Catholic Church will cave to the homosexuals.
Actually, with all the homosexual priests and nuns, the only Church that will not cave is The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. As most Churches go that follow the teachings of the Bible concerning homosexual behavior, they have attempted to show kindness and patience with those who succumb to same-sex attractions. As long as the persons don't act upon those urges, they are welcome in most churches. When they do, based on the Church and their administrative directives may excommunicate or just disfellowship which has different consequences in each Church. The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints welcomes homosexuals. But, if they receive their temple endowments or men receive their Melchizedek priesthood ordination and act on the urges, they may receive excommunication if they do not repent. But, they are welcome to come back and associate with their church congregation.

It seems pretty obvious that gay people are born that way. Every gay person I've talked to said they felt different from their earliest memories onward. At no point did they "choose" to be gay. Especially in a world that beats them to death or otherwise kept them out of the economy and made them live in abject terror. NO ONE would choose to be gay under those circumstances. Yet they existed.

As for the Bible, well the Bible was written by people. People have been homophobic since the dawn of time. OF COURSE the Bible and by extension God will say what people want it and Him to say. OF COURSE the God of the OT is homophobic and calls them "abominations". That's because God didn't say ANYTHING. The writers of the OT said it. PEOPLE said it. People can be horrible creatures to others.

I don't really have a dog in the fight between gay Christians and the church. I would think they would want to leave the Church. But I also understand that a lot of people gain a lot of positive benefit from their spiritual beliefs. Even if I don't believe in them, they do. And so they are tasked with trying to make a God who created them one way and who also thinks of them as "abominations" into a God who loves everyone.

I don't envy their job. But I do understand how it would be important to them.
That's not true. It's just something you want to believe. Anyway, what did Jesus as human say about homosexuality? He didn't specifically address it, but said,

“At the beginning the Creator ‘made them male and female,’ and said, ‘For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh[.]’ So they are no longer two, but one flesh. Therefore what God has joined together, let no one separate” (Matthew 19:4–6). Here Jesus clearly referred to Adam and Eve and affirmed God’s intended design for marriage and sexuality.

While he didn't discuss nor point out homosexuality, he affirmed the above so homosexuality would be a sin. It would also mean that homosexuals weren't born that way according to the Bible.

You can change too.
I don't think it's my attitude. have homosexuals who are friends, relatives, work companions, acquaintances, and more, too. One may have been my boss at one time, but I don't know for sure. If they continue to live in sin, then it isn't my business unless they open up to me about it. Haven't you been hit upon?

Do you believe homosexuality is genetically caused or something physical/mental that can't be helped? I think it's emotional/psychological and can be helped.

seems most are that way by choice and enjoy their lifestyle - if anything their presence has become less reprehensible than the opposite and seems better than burning them at the stake - as the history of the christian clergy.

1Sam 15:3. "Now go and smite Amalek, and utterly destroy all that they have, and spare them not; but slay both man and woman, infant and suckling, ox and sheep, camel and ass."

Now granted, Saul didn't end up slaughtering EVERYONE, he kept some alive. God got very angry with him for not following orders.

Of course the book of Joshua is filled with several other examples of entire cities being slaughtered by the Israelites.

Like Joshua 6:21. And they utterly destroyed all that was in the city, both man and woman, young and old, and ox, and sheep, and ass, with the edge of the sword.

And who were the Amalekites? Do you know?

Who lived in those cities mentioned in Joshua? Do you know that?

I think they're the ones who mistranslate the Bible, so it wouldn't be considered a sin.

The bible also says we are to beat and kill a son who misbehaves.

seems most are that way by choice and enjoy their lifestyle - if anything their presence has become less reprehensible than the opposite and seems better than burning them at the stake - as the history of the christian clergy.
I have to admit the Spanish Inquisition, but the other was Nero.

Spanish Inquisition had the pit and the pendulum or whatever Edgar Allen Poe claimed. Would it cure you of your peccadillos?

o6HpWckMvZyQeKodZDjNlWeL8UR.jpg

Attachments

• o6HpWckMvZyQeKodZDjNlWeL8UR.jpg
    o6HpWckMvZyQeKodZDjNlWeL8UR.jpg
    383.8 KB · Views: 3
Hating people whose lives don't impact you at all is hurting you as well. It keeps alive a burning hatred that is probably kind of corrosive. It certainly can't feel good carrying around a sense that people you don't even know are "abominations".

Thankfully YOU avoided becoming gay. How did you do it? Was it hard?
I didn't say I hated homosexuals. You believe in stereotypes and don't have anything medical or using science to back you up that gays are born that way. It just goes to show your weak and bent mindset.

Does it matter if gays aren't born that way? Should they be hated over their sexual preferences? I have the evidence they are made and not born, but they shouldn't be discriminated against for it.

ETA: If they are "born" gay, then shouldn't natural selection weed them out because it doesn't promote survival of the human species? Then we would be having less gays being born.

Last edited:
The bible also says we are to beat and kill a son who misbehaves.

So you condone homosexuality? It turns out homosexuals don't like to be gay.

"The gay life is a sad life. Accounts from former homosexuals testify that ‘gays’ need to be helped—not to see their behaviour as ‘normal’, but to lay it aside. One study has shown that 40 per cent of homosexuals believed they were psychologically disturbed. Other studies show that attempted suicide and thoughts of suicide are much higher among gays than heterosexuals."

I shoulda mentioned this, too. There is NO GAY GENE.

'
2019 Compass black 728x90

Science

There’s (Still) No Gay Gene​

by Bennett McIntosh
Computer artwork of an autoradiogram of DNA sequences.
Computer artwork by Alfred Pasieka/Science Source

There is no one gene for being gay, and though genes seem to play a role in determining sexual orientation and same-sex behavior, it’s small, complex, and anything but deterministic. That’s the conclusion of a paper by an international team of researchers, co-led by Benjamin Neale of the Broad Institute of Harvard and MIT, published today in the journal Science. The team combed the genomes of more than 470,000 people in the United States and the United Kingdom to see how genetic variants at millions of different places in the genome correlate with whether participants had ever had sex with someone of the same sex. The study, by far the largest such investigation of sexuality to date, was made possible by combining genetic and behavioral data from more than 400,000 people from the UK’s BioBank study, and from 70,000 customers of the genetic testing company 23andMe, who opted in to having their data used for research.

The researchers found five genetic variants—changes at a single site in the DNA sequence—that correlated with same-sex sexual behavior: two of these had a significant effect only in males, and one only in females.

The effect of each variant is small and inconsistent: for example, the authors note that in one of the male-specific variants, subjects who had a thymine molecule (“T”) at a particular spot in the genetic sequence on chromosome 11 have a 3.6 percent likelihood of having had sex with other males, while subjects who had a guanine molecule (“G”) there had a likelihood of 4 percent. The other four significant variants (on chromosomes 4, 7, 12, and 15) showed similar, or even smaller, effects.

“It’s effectively impossible to predict an individual’s sexual behavior from their genome,” said Neale, the director of genetics in the Stanley Center for Psychiatric Research at the Broad and an associate professor in medicine at Harvard Medical School (HMS), during a Tuesday teleconference introducing the paper’s findings. In fact, the team estimated that the genetic variants they studied could predict, at best, somewhere between 8 percent and 25 percent of the reported variation in the entire cohort’s sexual behavior. (The idea that a binary variable—i.e., whether a male has or has not had sex with another male—might itself have a “variation” may seem counterintuitive, but this number is analogous to estimating that 50 percent of the variation in a certain population’s height can be attributed to genes—it refers to the differences within the population, not the genetic contribution to any individual’s traits). The rest comes down to the expansive realm of “non-genetic” or “environmental” effects—which Neale said “can range from anything in utero all the way through to who you happen to stand next to on the Tube in the morning.”'

I was with you until the very last line of your post. And then I laughed out loud.

The Catholic Church is KNOWN for having homosexuals who use the priesthood as their "cover".... Here's an article on the topic:

Yes. Organizations that didn't screen out faggots are now also being sued for looking the other way; then they get barraged by faggot activists for 'discrimination' against sicko faggot deviants. Lawyers sucking blood out of anything they can, like the parsasites they represent. 'Don't ASk Don't Tell' didn't work , so now we're all supposed to believe letting faggots 'Be Themselves' and letting the sick deviant fetishists near children will prevent them from raping kids n stuff. Only idiots don't see the cognitive dissonance of that insanity.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back