Why should we take Sweden’s approach to COVID?

We are way to early to see what way was best. Countries that were quick to lockdown, they will see infections and deaths go up if they open up at all. As we start easing restrictions, we will see the infections and death rates go up.

The purpose of the lockdowns were to keep the infections manageable, not end it.

The quicker we develop a vaccine then those that locked down will be better off, however the longer it lasts it won’t matter.

The virus will be here for decades no matter what we do.

Time has passed. The results of Sweden's experiment in herd immunity is a total failure.

Their death rate per capita is twice that of the United States and most nations in Europe. Yet they have only achieved herd immunity at the same rate as those nations that did shutdown. In fact, some have a higher herd immunity rate.

Sweden's experiment in herd immunity is a total failure. All those innocent people died for needlessly.

To the surprise of no one.

Unfortunately to the denial of many.
European countries with lockdowns lead Sweden by plenty...

Time has passed. The results of Sweden's experiment in herd immunity is a total failure.

Their death rate per capita is twice that of the United States and most nations in Europe. Yet they have only achieved herd immunity at the same rate as those nations that did shutdown. In fact, some have a higher herd immunity rate.

Sweden's experiment in herd immunity is a total failure. All those innocent people died for needlessly.

Herd immunity was a (not the) hope.

The real goal was not shutting down and following good protocols.

They killed a bunch of old folks because they were lax (where have you heard that before....they are better than New York), but they are on the decline.

Your claim is bullshit.

you moron don't you realize that by making a comparison all you're really saying is that neither method is superior to the other doubly emphaszing the fact that the shutdown did nothing.

Jo

I cant like this but it is interesting to note.

you moron don't you realize that by making a comparison all you're really saying is that neither method is superior to the other doubly emphaszing the fact that the shutdown did nothing.

Jo
I would think the rate that was less per capita was superior but then I understand math where it appears like you evidently have no fucking clue. Maybe if someone put it to you like this. If we had done what Sweden did there would be 200k deaths and counting here in the US instead of 100K.

ARE YOU AN IMMUNOLOGIST, Douchebag? You need to acquire at least a 70% population infection rate before you can begin to have herd immunity.
Another gladhander clownasstrap talking out of the wrong end of his body as always.
They only got 7% infection rate and a lot of dead people.

Jo
I would think the rate that was less per capita was superior but then I understand math where it appears like you evidently have no fucking clue. Maybe if someone put it to you like this. If we had done what Sweden did there would be 200k deaths and counting here in the US instead of 100K.

Wrong.....again.

We'd be 25% higher.

And if Sweden had protected their elderly (like all of us were calling for here instead of Cuomo infecting the shit out of his state's nursing homes), they'd be lower than us.

Jo

Wrong.....again.

We'd be 25% higher.

And if Sweden had protected their elderly (like all of us were calling for here instead of Cuomo infecting the shit out of his state's nursing homes), they'd be lower than us.
No youre wrong moron. Whats 100x2?

"Their death rate per capita is twice that of the United States .."

Jo

Wrong.....again.

We'd be 25% higher.

Where did you get that from dumbass.....

Sweden is 423 out of 1MM

USA is 311 out of 1MM.

You do the math...oh wait.....

Jo

Wrong.....again.

We'd be 25% higher.

Sweden is 423 out of 1MM

USA is 311 out of 1MM.

"Where did you get that from dumbass....."

I got that from the OP you idiot. Cant you read?

From the article "But now the Scandinavian nation’s daily death toll per 1 million people is 8.71 compared to the United States’ 4.59, according to online publication Our World in Data. "

Thank you President Trump.

Jo

Wrong.....again.

We'd be 25% higher.

Sweden is 423 out of 1MM

USA is 311 out of 1MM.

It's math Asc. Stick to jungle bunny civilizations. At least that's funny.

Jo

Wrong.....again.

We'd be 25% higher.

Sweden is 423 out of 1MM

USA is 311 out of 1MM.

Maybe you should check the OP's sources before you let him/her make a fool of you.

Jo

Wrong.....again.

We'd be 25% higher.

Sweden is 423 out of 1MM

USA is 311 out of 1MM.

Maybe you should check the OP's sources before you let him/her make a fool of you.
Maybe you should prove the OP's sources are wrong before you make a fool of yourself. Go. Lets see you prove it.

Jo

Wrong.....again.

We'd be 25% higher.

Sweden is 423 out of 1MM

USA is 311 out of 1MM.

Maybe you should prove the OP's sources are wrong before you make a fool of yourself. Go. Lets see you prove it.

Go get your OP sources.

The link does not work.

My information comes from World O Meters which is resourced as to their data and they provide running counts. You can do the math yourself to check them.

Let's see what the OP's bullshit source uses.

1590694113861.png

Forum List

Back