The Post-Trump GOP

Republicans are being short sighted

Pandering to the MAGA crowd may help them win with the older, white Christians who fear their loss of power.

But younger Americans and minorities are repulsed by the actions of the far right. They are lost forever

I think the Republicans are very capable of alienating conservatives if they put their mind to it.

The Late John McCain and Mitt Romney were tremendous in doing that. But the key of the LP folks is to expel the base from the Republican Party so they can reassert control.

John McCain was a Maverick. He would back his party but when given a choice between party and his state, he would do what was in the best interest of his state.

Romney is a devout Mormon. As such, he is repulsed by Trump and his antics. He votes accordingly

McCain was willing to betray his party for good press. He thought that would get him in the White House.

But you people turned on his, on a dime. Because everything you say, is a bullshit. so reversing course is easy for you.

That you took him back afterwards, and that he accepted that, is him being a broken old man.

Pandering to the MAGA crowd may help them win with the older, white Christians who fear their loss of power.

But younger Americans and minorities are repulsed by the actions of the far right. They are lost forever

I think the Republicans are very capable of alienating conservatives if they put their mind to it.

The Late John McCain and Mitt Romney were tremendous in doing that. But the key of the LP folks is to expel the base from the Republican Party so they can reassert control.

John McCain was a Maverick. He would back his party but when given a choice between party and his state, he would do what was in the best interest of his state.

Romney is a devout Mormon. As such, he is repulsed by Trump and his antics. He votes accordingly

McCain was willing to betray his party for good press. He thought that would get him in the White House.

But you people turned on his, on a dime. Because everything you say, is a bullshit. so reversing course is easy for you.

That you took him back afterwards, and that he accepted that, is him being a broken old man.
McCain backed Republicans on Trumpcare, he voted for it.

However, when Republicans pivoted and went to a blind repeal of Obamacare without anything to cover those who would lose coverage......He gave a thumbs down

I've read a couple of times in the past weeks, "Trump is gone, but Trumpism isn't". Though I hope very much this isn't true.

My concerns are less about most of Trump's policies, but his style: That he was running the country on a maximum of division, and that he constantly denied facts and truth, but rather made fuss about fake news stories from the weirdest sources. He constantly fueled distrust and suspicion of the institutions of a constitutional republic, not least by pissing on the Constitution by ignoring the will of the people and attempting to steal the election after he lost.

Trump is a prime example for "party above country", or rather "my own power above country" and for "winning over being right".

A President who uses lying and disinformation as his main tactic for governing is dangerous for any free, constitutional republic. Because constant lying, fake news and disinformation erodes the very basis the republic is founded on.

It's sad to see what the once "Grand Old Party" has become. They used to have decent people like Reagan, Bush sr., John McCain ... people you didn't need to agree with, but whom you could respect as decent people who have the best of the country at their hearts.

I really hope this party comes back to its senses.

Word

I agreed with about 80% of Orange Jesus's policies

But the guy has no business being near the WH. He's a lying narcissistic whiner who puts himself above the country and would sell his worshippers down the river in a heartbeat. How he has behaved after the election will mean he will go down as one of the worst Presidents in history as he has tried to overturn an election, attacked our institutions, and tried to deny the sovereign will of the people. He's a tin-pot dictator wannabe from one of these shithole countries he denigrates.

Yes, I'm very cautious about Trump giving up international cooperation and "the West", but I do agree with the general idea of some things he did. For example, I think globalized unlimited free trade must be scaled back. Or that allowing massive illegal immigration is not a good thing. Or that Germany (my country) must pay more for NATO.

That said? Such a divisive person who constantly fueled hate and mistrust, by calling even peaceful protestors against police violence "terrorists", who smears and insults veterans, who mocks and makes fun of handicapped people, who calls for violence in his name on national tv should he lose the election (his remark towards the "Proud Boys" during the debate), who even fails to distance from white suprematists or conspiracy lunatics when directly asked about them ... really, such a person just is not fit for office when it comes to his basic character.

For one example, he did not insult veterans. He insulted ONE veteran, who deserved it. The insult was poorly chosen in the heat of the moment, but it was directed at MCCAIN as a person, not vets as a group.

You have been lied to, a LOT by the look of your post.

AND it is worth noting that TRump supporters are not agreeing with your perspective on Trump. So consider that when you judge him and us.

I don't quite buy that it was "poorly chosen in the heat of the moment", because Trump made such poor choices in the heat of the moment all the time. In fact, it seems to me there were very few moments for him that were not heated.

As for myself being lied to, well, all you really need to do is watching Trump saying the things he says or writes on twitter ... you don't even need to read or watch commentaries on it to have a clear opinion on a person like him.

1. Yes, he shoot him mouth off a lot. We all know that. So stop pretending that it is not true and taking his statements as though they were carefully crafted with full consideration before being made.

2. Except, the clip shown, was always Trump insulting McCain, them never showing McCain insulting Trump supporters first. So Like I said, you were lied to. It creates a false image, of Trump just insulting vets, when it was, as I said, Trump insulting MCCAIN.

3. AND my further point stands. We Trump supporters disagree with your perspective on him. Do you realize what that means?

I've read a couple of times in the past weeks, "Trump is gone, but Trumpism isn't". Though I hope very much this isn't true.

My concerns are less about most of Trump's policies, but his style: That he was running the country on a maximum of division, and that he constantly denied facts and truth, but rather made fuss about fake news stories from the weirdest sources. He constantly fueled distrust and suspicion of the institutions of a constitutional republic, not least by pissing on the Constitution by ignoring the will of the people and attempting to steal the election after he lost.

Trump is a prime example for "party above country", or rather "my own power above country" and for "winning over being right".

A President who uses lying and disinformation as his main tactic for governing is dangerous for any free, constitutional republic. Because constant lying, fake news and disinformation erodes the very basis the republic is founded on.

It's sad to see what the once "Grand Old Party" has become. They used to have decent people like Reagan, Bush sr., John McCain ... people you didn't need to agree with, but whom you could respect as decent people who have the best of the country at their hearts.

Right now, 95% of the energy in the party is 100% with Trump. The anti-Trumpsters have their work cut out for them.

It was said earlier here that the smartest thing they can do is bring him down no matter what the short term damage is, and that may be true. Rip off the scab.

No doubt they're thinking about it, and no doubt they're trying to figure out how. It won't be easy, but there's no way of knowing how much anti-Trump sentiment exists under the surface.
Anything you heard from left-wingers is a lie.

End of story.

However, when Republicans pivoted and went to a blind repeal of Obamacare without anything to cover those who would lose coverage......He gave a thumbs down
Bunk. He opposed it to fuck Trump.

Word

But the guy has no business being near the WH. He's a lying narcissistic whiner who puts himself above the country and would sell his worshippers down the river in a heartbeat. How he has behaved after the election will mean he will go down as one of the worst Presidents in history as he has tried to overturn an election, attacked our institutions, and tried to deny the sovereign will of the people. He's a tin-pot dictator wannabe from one of these shithole countries he denigrates.

Yes, I'm very cautious about Trump giving up international cooperation and "the West", but I do agree with the general idea of some things he did. For example, I think globalized unlimited free trade must be scaled back. Or that allowing massive illegal immigration is not a good thing. Or that Germany (my country) must pay more for NATO.

That said? Such a divisive person who constantly fueled hate and mistrust, by calling even peaceful protestors against police violence "terrorists", who smears and insults veterans, who mocks and makes fun of handicapped people, who calls for violence in his name on national tv should he lose the election (his remark towards the "Proud Boys" during the debate), who even fails to distance from white suprematists or conspiracy lunatics when directly asked about them ... really, such a person just is not fit for office when it comes to his basic character.

For one example, he did not insult veterans. He insulted ONE veteran, who deserved it. The insult was poorly chosen in the heat of the moment, but it was directed at MCCAIN as a person, not vets as a group.

AND it is worth noting that TRump supporters are not agreeing with your perspective on Trump. So consider that when you judge him and us.
Trump insulted all POWs
The rest he just called suckers and losers

Actually, Trump only insulted one POW- McCain- and that was only after McCain insulted Trump's voters as "crazies".

It's pretty shocking to see how Trump even jumps on fellow party members, or people who supported him in many ways, the moment they disagree with him on one single point.

Trump doesn't even respect his party... it's really all just about HIM all the time for him. He knows no party, no country, all he knows is himself and his own power.

I found that disgusting to see. You don't want such a small minded person to be your boss, let alone running your country.

Word

Trump insulted all POWs

Actually, Trump only insulted one POW- McCain- and that was only after McCain insulted Trump's voters as "crazies".

If he meant McCain ....he would have said it
I prefer those who weren’t captured is pretty clear

Actually, if you look at the RECORD, you would see that McCain voted for the "blind" repeal of O'care plenty of times before Donald J. Trump was elected.

Never said he was completely useless. AFter all, when your side turned on him because he became a threat, and he won the Primaries,

I supported him for President, and defended him for the hysterical lies and wace baiting from people like you, on this very site.

It's pretty shocking to see how Trump even jumps on fellow party members, or people who supported him in many ways, the moment they disagree with him on one single point.

Trump doesn't even respect his party... it's really all just about HIM all the time for him. He knows no party, no country, all he knows is himself and his own power.

I found that disgusting to see. You don't want such a small minded person to be your boss, let alone running your country.
Trump is a narcissist
It is all about him

Reciprocating is not in his nature

Word

Trump insulted all POWs
The thing is there are no POWs to insult. Trump was not as stupid as his predecessors.

For example?

Never said he was completely useless. AFter all, when your side turned on him because he became a threat, and he won the Primaries,

I supported him for President, and defended him for the hysterical lies and wace baiting from people like you, on this very site.

Nice try, but it fails
Democrats voted against McCain and his positions.
We always respected his war record and service to our country.

It is Republicans who threw him under the bus.

Trump is a narcissist
It is all about him

Reciprocating is not in his nature

Actually, Trump is a tremendous fellow who sometimes is self-deprecating, and has no problem with criticism.

Its Obama who thinks his shit doesn't stink.

Donald J. Trump definitely knows how to troll the Leftards, but that isn't "narcissism".

Word

Trump insulted all POWs

If he meant McCain ....he would have said it
I prefer those who weren’t captured is pretty clear

Nope. People say shit in the heat of the moment that they don't really mean, all the time.

That you pretend that is not true, is you being a lying asshole.

That you pretend you don't know that Trump is the type of person that does that a lot,

is you being happy to play retarded, to make yourself look like a fucking retarded asshole,

to score a tiny, tiny partisan point.

You must have the worst self image, imaginable.

AND my further point stands. We Trump supporters disagree with your perspective on him. Do you realize what that means?

It means.....
You lost

Nope. That is not what it means. Are you stupid, or are you being an asshole?

That was a joke. It was hilarious.

Leftard.

Actually, it means exactly that

You lost.....Bigly

The two are not connected at all. YOu are just trying to bury my point in partisan shit.

Because you are an asshole, who is terrified of the Truth.

Forum List

Back