The Post-Trump GOP

Republicans are being short sighted
Pandering to the MAGA crowd may help them win with the older, white Christians who fear their loss of power.
But younger Americans and minorities are repulsed by the actions of the far right. They are lost forever
Might be true, but the Dems are making a big mistake if they assume too much. They're certainly capable of going too far, as well.

This is why I don't like seeing the GOP turn into a fuckin' psycho ward like this. We need (at least) two strong parties.

When I checked the website of the Dem's national convention in 2016, it took me 15 minutes of clicking around until I saw the first picture of a white male who wasn't obviously depicted as gay.

It's all nice and fine when Democrats care for the issues of non-whites and other minorities ... but if they give a damn about white workers, they shouldn't be surprised when 70% of them then vote for someone like Trump.
This is a very large part of why Trump won in 2016 and why the Dems underperformed in November. The Regressive Left wing of the party -- the illiberal, authoritarian end that pushes Political Correctness, Identity Politics and Cancel Culture -- has damaged the party considerably.

And, just as the Trumpsters are refusing to look clearly and honestly in the mirror, so is the Regressive Left. As I always say, the two ends of our political spectrum can be comically similar in their behaviors.

Pandering to the MAGA crowd may help them win with the older, white Christians who fear their loss of power.

But younger Americans and minorities are repulsed by the actions of the far right. They are lost forever

I think the Republicans are very capable of alienating conservatives if they put their mind to it.

The Late John McCain and Mitt Romney were tremendous in doing that. But the key of the LP folks is to expel the base from the Republican Party so they can reassert control.

John McCain was a Maverick. He would back his party but when given a choice between party and his state, he would do what was in the best interest of his state.

Romney is a devout Mormon. As such, he is repulsed by Trump and his antics. He votes accordingly

McCain was willing to betray his party for good press. He thought that would get him in the White House.

But you people turned on his, on a dime. Because everything you say, is a bullshit. so reversing course is easy for you.

That you took him back afterwards, and that he accepted that, is him being a broken old man.
McCain backed Republicans on Trumpcare, he voted for it.

However, when Republicans pivoted and went to a blind repeal of Obamacare without anything to cover those who would lose coverage......He gave a thumbs down
Bunk. He opposed it to fuck Trump.

Really?
Then why did he vote FOR Trumpcare?

That would have been the bigger victory

Might be true, but the Dems are making a big mistake if they assume too much. They're certainly capable of going too far, as well.

This is why I don't like seeing the GOP turn into a fuckin' psycho ward like this. We need (at least) two strong parties.

So you don't think the "psychos" will leave the Republican Party to the Moderates if they think its a quixotic effort to gain power?
I don't know. The Trumpsters have the power right now, and the job will be to marginalize them just enough.

Will that happen? I don't know. It may split the party in two literally, and you'll all receive Thank You Cards from the Democrats.

The damage is done, Trump did one heck of a job slamming main stream media and bringing out the true colors of the left.

Very true
Trump bred mistrust in the media. Exactly what most Dictators do in attacking a free press

I've read a couple of times in the past weeks, "Trump is gone, but Trumpism isn't". Though I hope very much this isn't true.

My concerns are less about most of Trump's policies, but his style: That he was running the country on a maximum of division, and that he constantly denied facts and truth, but rather made fuss about fake news stories from the weirdest sources. He constantly fueled distrust and suspicion of the institutions of a constitutional republic, not least by pissing on the Constitution by ignoring the will of the people and attempting to steal the election after he lost.

Trump is a prime example for "party above country", or rather "my own power above country" and for "winning over being right".

A President who uses lying and disinformation as his main tactic for governing is dangerous for any free, constitutional republic. Because constant lying, fake news and disinformation erodes the very basis the republic is founded on.

It's sad to see what the once "Grand Old Party" has become. They used to have decent people like Reagan, Bush sr., John McCain ... people you didn't need to agree with, but whom you could respect as decent people who have the best of the country at their hearts.

I really hope this party comes back to its senses.

So FEELZ huh?
You said...
“My concerns are less about most of Trump's policies, but his style.”
We say....
My concerns are less about the almost dead Bidens style but more about his policies.
See how this works...we prefer politicians committed to accomplishing the right shit for the right people.
Soft speak and word games mean nothing to us.
Like Mac1958 your extreme Lib fragility drives you to vote on FEELZ and whether or not you feel verbally coddled by the POTUS...That’s just plain weird, were you not hugged as a child?

“I really hope this party comes back to its senses.”
And realize what? That they have the most popular, most desired politician of all time on their side?

So you don't think the "psychos" will leave the Republican Party to the Moderates if they think its a quixotic effort to gain power?
I don't know. The Trumpsters have the power right now, and the job will be to marginalize them just enough.

Will that happen? I don't know. It may split the party in two literally, and you'll all receive Thank You Cards from the Democrats.

The damage is done, Trump did one heck of a job slamming main stream media and bringing out the true colors of the left.

Very true
Trump bred mistrust in the media. Exactly what most Dictators do in attacking a free press
No he didn't he just slammed it home, the media had there way for over 40 years telling half truths, or burry story's which by the way is deadlier then the truth.

I’m pretty sure trump won.. isn’t there a missing truck trailer with 300 thousand ballots still floating around?

I've read a couple of times in the past weeks, "Trump is gone, but Trumpism isn't". Though I hope very much this isn't true.

My concerns are less about most of Trump's policies, but his style: That he was running the country on a maximum of division, and that he constantly denied facts and truth, but rather made fuss about fake news stories from the weirdest sources. He constantly fueled distrust and suspicion of the institutions of a constitutional republic, not least by pissing on the Constitution by ignoring the will of the people and attempting to steal the election after he lost.

Trump is a prime example for "party above country", or rather "my own power above country" and for "winning over being right".

A President who uses lying and disinformation as his main tactic for governing is dangerous for any free, constitutional republic. Because constant lying, fake news and disinformation erodes the very basis the republic is founded on.

It's sad to see what the once "Grand Old Party" has become. They used to have decent people like Reagan, Bush sr., John McCain ... people you didn't need to agree with, but whom you could respect as decent people who have the best of the country at their hearts.

I really hope this party comes back to its senses.

So FEELZ huh?
You said...
“My concerns are less about most of Trump's policies, but his style.”
We say....
My concerns are less about the almost dead Bidens style but more about his policies.
See how this works...we prefer politicians committed to accomplishing the right shit for the right people.
Soft speak and word games mean nothing to us.
Like Mac1958 your extreme Lib fragility drives you to vote on FEELZ and whether or not you feel verbally coddled by the POTUS...That’s just plain weird, were you not hugged as a child?

“I really hope this party comes back to its senses.”
And realize what? That they have the most popular, most desired politician of all time on their side?
And yet you have so little understanding of how you are controlled by feelz, how you wear your emotions on your sleeve for all to see.

Always interesting to watch.

Very true
No he didn't he just slammed it home, the media had there way for over 40 years telling half truths, or burry story's which by the way is deadlier then the truth.

Problem with the credibility of Trumps attacks on the media is that he is so shallow and so obvious.

He attacks the media that criticizes him and heaps adulation on those that praise him.

Let Fox dare to act like a legitimate news outlet and Trump throws a tantrum

Very true

Problem with the credibility of Trumps attacks on the media is that he is so shallow and so obvious.

He attacks the media that criticizes him and heaps adulation on those that praise him.

Fox reported biden won. Biden didn’t win. 300 thousand ballots were stolen.. many many more fake ballots..

This is a very large part of why Trump won in 2016 and why the Dems underperformed in November. The Regressive Left wing of the party -- the illiberal, authoritarian end that pushes Political Correctness, Identity Politics and Cancel Culture -- has damaged the party considerably.
You're describing the WHOLE FUCKING PARTY.

There are no more liberals in the Dem party. They all bailed. It's a goose-stepping commie fest.

The party is so afraid of Trump, in fact, that they're not even engaging in the traditional post-mortem for fear of angering him. Holy crap.
Couldnt you at least be honest and admit that the corrupt Old Boy RINOs are really afraid of trump voters?

Very true

He knows his base. It's the first talk radio presidency. He knows exactly what to say.

And now that he's in total control, he can destroy the top cable "news" network with a few tweets.

Very true

Fox reported biden won. Biden didn’t win. 300 thousand ballots were stolen.. many many more fake ballots..

Sorry pal

I ain’t playing
Not buying that the moon landing was fake
Not buying 9-11 was an inside job
Not buying your stolen election nonsense

You're describing the WHOLE FUCKING PARTY.

There are no more liberals in the Dem party. They all bailed. It's a goose-stepping commie fest.

Guess if you took the effort of actually talking with some Democrats, you'd probably realize many of them are decent human beings, rather than the silly caricatures the Trump fake news machine wants you to believe they are.

Considering how many Reps still cling to Trump and fail to defend the Constitution against Trump's attempts to piss on it, looks like they're in lockstep to me... but I'm pretty sure there must still be many decent people among them. It's just about time they finally speak up again.

The party is so afraid of Trump, in fact, that they're not even engaging in the traditional post-mortem for fear of angering him. Holy crap.
Couldnt you at least be honest and admit that the corrupt Old Boy RINOs are really afraid of trump voters?
Well, in your world, in your reality, those would definitely be "the corrupt Old Boy RINOs", sure.

I wouldn't try to convince you of anything outside of your world. Stipulated.

Fox may have jumped the gun in declaring Arizona, but in the end, they were proven right.

Forum List

Back