The Pope accidentally admits something abput his scarab church

HaShev

Gold Member
Jun 19, 2009
The Pope today said "MONEY IS THE DEVIL'S DUNG"
Pretty funny that it paints a picture for the church with it's
(dung) =money rolling beetle building the hills of (dung)=money, with the Bible warning they would be making their houses out of (dung)= Money.

“It is not easy to talk about money,” Francis said. Quoting Saint Basil the Great, the Pope said: “Money is the dung of the devil! When money becomes an idol, it rules over a person’s choices. And then it ruins a person and condemns him, turning him into a slave.”

The Pope called for “creative imagination” to find new methods, attitudes and tools to combat the “culture of waste,” in which the world is immersed, “fueled by the powers that govern the economic and financial policies of the globalized world, whose center is the god of money.”

Pope Francis: ‘Money Is the Devil’s Dung!’

Nothing to do with the rCC , but the love of money. He does not believe in trickle down economics, as he has said that is depending on the goodness of the rich, and well we know how that goes.

Some with money do a lot of good things. Zuckerman gave 100,000,000 to a school system in NJ, he is a billionaire, if you look at that, its pocket change to him, but its a lot of money. Trumps son has a foundation for St. Judes, wonderful, as well.

1 billion is equal to 1,000 millions, so since these very rich people make it off of society, they can pay more in taxes, not less, and also some are very stingy, esp. when I read about some of the Reps who want to do away with SS and or decrease it and for the disabled, makes me sick. Why we do not take better care of our veterans.

our land fills are getting full, we are using our natural resources and polluting them as well, we live in a very materialistic world.

Thanks, I never saw the other gem he spoke. Self reflect what he said:
When money
(the false prophet) becomes an idol, it rules over a person’s choices. And then it ruins a person and condemns him, turning him into a slave.”

Ah....very interesting..... So is he telling the faithfull to give up their money and who better to give up their money too then the RCC....It is interesting to note that with the possible exception of Italy where the money flows to(although the country is technically bankrupt) there is not one wealthy catholic country in the world....It is just amazing to go into a really poor run down city or village in one of these countries where the people barely live above subsistence and come upon a huge eleborate dominating church with all the bells and whistles.... It is almost like saying it is okay that you people live like shit as long as you keep giving us your money so we can keep growing our hills of dung and you can look up and admire how high up we are to you lowly dung dwellers rolling in the mud and filth....

In every Sunday Mass I have attended, the Church passes around a basket for us to put in our money.

And everything the Catholic Church depends on the faithful putting money in that basket.

So now, I'm a bit offended that the Pope is so ungrateful for the money he has which allows him to live in a big castle and talk down to the rest of us.

Forum List

Back