Like Mrs Keegan Hirst, I married a gay man

barryqwalsh

Gold Member
Sep 30, 2014
pCRRZbmiPHWUJkPc51bSukhapWPtD-TaTxJWjhIZGFAKqb7wNn5koB4eBYoJJ2JGF3O__CEPcNu2tIEREuvItxIw2WbY6fHdKmTFo9zKCu7A1iQGwuKaXLEosT6--W4G770K9mKfujake0JxFJH5jblXn9v3E732vEl6CK1lp6ZCuf7Zuh0=w470-h313-nc

When Keegan Hirst became the first active professional rugby league player to come out as gay, I was thrilled for him. As the likes of Emma Watson and Stephen Fry applauded the 27 year-old’s courage, I waved my metaphorical rainbow flag from the sidelines. But my heart also went out to his wife.

For she is now part of a group of which I am myself a member – a straight woman who, unwittingly, married a gay man.

There are a lot of us out there, but this surprisingly large community is as closeted as any 19th-century MP. As our spouses are praised for coming out, supported by a well-organised community – Hirst got a roar of approval last month when he was brought on stage by Sir Ian McKellen at Manchester’s Mardi Gras – we often find ourselves feeling more isolated than ever.

Like Mrs Keegan Hirst, I married a gay man

You would think the increased possibility of getting the Anal Inflicted Death Sentence would make women less delighted to be married to butt-pirates.

a straight woman who, unwittingly, married a gay man.

the "secret" comes out ?

how gay can they be if they get married to a gal - did they not have sex before marriage ?

so much for being a prude ...

a straight woman who, unwittingly, married a gay man.

the "secret" comes out ?

how gay can they be if they get married to a gal - did they not have sex before marriage ?

so much for being a prude ...

Sex outside wedlock is immoral!

Maybe she should take him to America, some Christian groups there claim to be able to cure it!

Forum List

Back