The Pliocene: The Last Time Earth had >400 ppm of Atmospheric CO2

No one has suggested doing away with all CO2. Are you under the impression that the world's scientists and leaders are unaware of the role of CO2 in photosynthesis?

LOL!!

They all also know that "Global Warming" is a fraud used to bilk taxpayers and expand government.

No, dummass, I WON all points, Abu feckless!

Don't even know an Era from an Epoch!
Again and TNHarley

"pliocene era" - Google Search

ie

Yale researchers predict ocean circulation of Pliocene Era

Pliocene Era ocean circulation models agree with empirically collected pH values of the past to accurately predict drastic changes in climate
OCT 29, 2021

Arctic sea ice during the Pliocene era

Science Daily
https://www.sciencedaily.com › releases › 2013/07

Jul 10, 2013 — Summary: New research models the influence of Arctic sea ice on Arctic temperatures during the Pliocene Era.

In Pliocene-era Australia, many now-extinct...

American Museum of Natural History
https://tumblr.amnh.org › post › in-pliocene-era-austra...

Jul 8, 2013 — In Pliocene-era Australia, many now-extinct marsupial species, including giant wallabies (Protemnodon sp.), walked the land.

Climate Milestone: Earth's CO2 Level Passes 400 ppm

National Geographic Society
https://www.nationalgeographic.org › article › climate...

Today, greenhouse gasses in Earth's atmosphere are at their highest since the Pliocene Era, when sea levels were higher and Earth was warmer.

`

Again and TNHarley

"pliocene era" - Google Search

ie

Pliocene Era ocean circulation models agree with empirically collected pH values of the past to accurately predict drastic changes in climate
OCT 29, 2021

Arctic sea ice during the Pliocene era

Science Daily
https://www.sciencedaily.com › releases › 2013/07

Jul 10, 2013 — Summary: New research models the influence of Arctic sea ice on Arctic temperatures during the Pliocene Era.

In Pliocene-era Australia, many now-extinct...

https://tumblr.amnh.org › post › in-pliocene-era-austra...

Jul 8, 2013 — In Pliocene-era Australia, many now-extinct marsupial species, including giant wallabies (Protemnodon sp.), walked the land.

Climate Milestone: Earth's CO2 Level Passes 400 ppm

https://www.nationalgeographic.org › article › climate...

Today, greenhouse gasses in Earth's atmosphere are at their highest since the Pliocene Era, when sea levels were higher and Earth was warmer.

`
Thus demonstrating that levels of CO2 greater than 400 ppm existed and then the planet got colder. Brilliant.

Thus demonstrating that levels of CO2 greater than 400 ppm existed and then the planet got colder. Brilliant.
Demonstrating that:
1. It went up to and through 400 PPM and went back down as well
2. That that cycle, Like ALL BUT OURS was sun-driven with CO2 lagging.
2a. This Current Warming cycle/SPIKE that Solar forcing (as measured by scientists) is NOT factor, but is solely GHG Driven, UNLIKE the Pliocene/others.

3. You are DISHONEST and NOW knowing so, as You now understand (thx to me) this was NOT "Natural interglacial."

4. Ding: 10 YEARS and 100,000 POSTS of Wrong, so the stakes for you admitting it are too high without resigning/vanishing.

Marcott (and the not Natural AGW spike)

1699297145810.png

`
`

Last edited:
Demonstrating that:
2a. This Current Warming cycle/SPIKE that Solar forcing (as measured by scientists) is NOT factor, but is solely GHG Driven, UNLIKE the Pliocene/others.

3. You are DISHONEST and NOW knowing so, as You now understand (thx to me) this was NOT "Natural interglacial."

4. Ding: 10 YEARS and 100,000 POSTS of Wrong, so the stakes for you admitting it are too high without resigning/vanishing.

1699297145810.png

`
`
Ding. Abu Afak is absolutely correct here. There IS NO CASE to be made that the spike on the right side of the graph is natural or any part of the glacial/interglacial cycle.

Dinosaurs lived in a time when the climate was just perfect for them. But even then they experienced climate change extinction events.. Two significant ones and three minor ones. Then the asteroid created really bad climate change all in one day.

Humans evolved in a perfect climate but still faced significant events. One event is thought to have reduced the population of Homo Sapiens to a few thousand. Thankfully our intelligence allowed us to adapt and even live through climate change, including an ice age.

The population of humans have grown from a few hundred thousand at the end of the last ice age to eight billion because of some really great climate that allowed massive agriculture.

That climate won't last folks. There will be changes and it will drastically affect the human population.

This is how Nature works. Just because it is nice now doesn't mean it will be in the future. Humans will either adapt or go extinct.

Eight billion humans have produced a lot of pollution and that really damaged the biosphere. However, there is absolutely no credible proof that humans have altered the climate in any significant way. All the Environmental Wackos have are a stupid non scientific correlation, a lot of fraudulent, cherry picked and misleading data and some shit in shit out computer models paid for by Environmental Wacko research funds.

AGW is a scam.

I planted a few hundred walnut trees on my Missouri Farm & got some solar panels, so I'm good to go. Those walnut trees will be worth a fortune in 20 years.

Ding. Abu Afak is absolutely correct here. There IS NO CASE to be made that the spike on the right side of the graph is natural or any part of the glacial/interglacial cycle.
That wasn't what I said. That graph is bullshit for other reasons.

Demonstrating that:

1699297145810.png

`
`
I think it's great that you can admit that CO2 levels were as high as today before the planet entered an ice age and cooled even more than it did for the millions of years before that when CO2 was at 600 ppm.

No one has suggested doing away with all CO2. Are you under the impression that the world's scientists and leaders are unaware of the role of CO2 in photosynthesis?
Fking A

Wow, proof yet again that illiteracy permeates even our Ivy League colleges then yutzes like you copy and repeat the misinformation.

News flash for ya, putz, there are only ten 'Eras,' and the Pliocene is not one of them! In fact, over the last two billion years, the name of every Era has ended with the term -Zoic.

Such as Mesozoic Era.

You're welcome.

For some historical perspective on our now 420 PPM CO2 level.
I don't think we have to go much or even any higher to reach the same Sea Level...
And we are and will exceed the current CO2 level easily at the rate we're going as atmospheric CO2 is Cumulative and lasts from 5-200 years. I think 500 PPM is in the cards by 2050 or before.

The USA is doing a great job lowering emissions in the last decade, almost the 'GND' of AOC due to the fact Renewables have become 80-90% cheaper/more efficient in that short time period. But we still contribute though not nearly as much as 'Chindia' and the 'developing world.

Alas, we got to 400+ so fast (100-200x natural speed) we probably just have to wait for the snowballing Melt (+free and generated Methane) to catch up.

Royal Meteorological Society

The last time carbon dioxide was so plentiful in our planet's atmosphere was in the Pliocene era, around 3 million years ago. Life on Earth was dominated by giant mammals; humans and chimps had shared their last common ancestor. Although the Sun's force was about the Same, the sea levels were 15 metres (50') higher and Arctic summer temperatures were 14 degrees higher than the present day.".."

The Pliocene: >400 ppm of Atmospheric CO2
www.rmets.org
www.rmets.org

co2.Earth

kc-monthly-0580.png

`
Those Pilocene SUVs were just the worst.

;

Wow, proof yet again that illiteracy permeates even our Ivy League colleges then yutzes like you copy and repeat the misinformation.

News flash for ya, putz, there are only ten 'Eras,' and the Pliocene is not one of them! In fact, over the last two billion years, the name of every Era has ended with the term -Zoic.

Such as Mesozoic Era.

You're welcome.
You DISHONEST Muthflukka, you 'Short quoted' me.
I also the posted 3 more links of many.

ScienceDaily

and there are many, many, more you Lying Pig.
You can't debate ME, nor can anyone here!
`
`

You DISHONEST Muthflukka, you 'Short quoted' me.
I also the posted 3 more links of many.

ScienceDaily

and there are many, many, more you Lying Pig.
You can't debate ME, nor can anyone here!
`
`
What a douche. 🙄

;

;

Forum List

Back