Global Warming is Shaking the Earth. Increased Ocean Energy Visible in Seismic Background

Crick

Gold Member
May 10, 2014
N/A
The world's oceans absorb 90% of the thermal energy which global warming collects. That is increasing the energy of ocean waves whose passing and mutual interference create low frequency pressure waves on the sea floor, detectable by the world's seismometers as a background hum. That hum has been getting louder.

And the referenced study (open access)

The world's oceans absorb 90% of the thermal energy which global warming collects. That is increasing the energy of ocean waves whose passing and mutual interference create low frequency pressure waves on the sea floor, detectable by the world's seismometers as a background hum. That hum has been getting louder.

Yes, the oceans are where the heat is stored. Which is why changes to the ocean circulation of heat are responsible for climate changes. The planet's unique configuration of thermally isolated polar regions responds quickly to a loss of heat transport to the northern polar region. The landmass surrounding the north pole provides ample room for extensive continental glaciation to spread. The increased albedo from NH continental glaciation amplifies the effect.

Yes, the oceans are where the heat is stored. Which is why changes to the ocean circulation of heat are responsible for climate changes. The planet's unique configuration of thermally isolated polar regions responds quickly to a loss of heat transport to the northern polar region. The landmass surrounding the north pole provides ample room for extensive continental glaciation to spread. The increased albedo from NH continental glaciation amplifies the effect.
And what changes have taken place to the planet's commonplace configuration in the last 150 years and why would increased CO2 have had no effect and why wouldn't increasing temperatures increase the atmosphere's water vapor levels?

And what changes have taken place to the planet's commonplace configuration in the last 150 years and why would increased CO2 have had no effect and why wouldn't increasing temperatures increase the atmosphere's water vapor levels?
None. The same conditions which exist today existed for millions of years. Which is why once the planet's temperature reached the threshold for NH glaciation changes to the ocean's circulation of heat transport triggered NH glaciation. The surrounding land is conducive for widespread glaciation to occur. The increased albedo of extensive continental glaciation reinforces the colder temperatures.

None. The same conditions which exist today existed for millions of years.
That is incorrect. Global temperature is higher than it has been in at least several thousand years and CO2 is higher than it has been in 3 million years.
Which is why once the planet's temperature reached the threshold for NH glaciation changes to the ocean's circulation of heat transport triggered NH glaciation. The surrounding land is conducive for widespread glaciation to occur. The increased albedo of extensive continental glaciation reinforces the colder temperatures.
The questions were "what changes have taken place to the planet's commonplace configuration in the last 150 years and why would increased CO2 have had no effect and why wouldn't increasing temperatures increase the atmosphere's water vapor levels?" and you have answered NONE of them.

So what? ... we have thermometers that read global warming ... we watch ice sheets melt ... we see biology migrating pole-ward ... which of these scientific observations ISN'T clear and convincing evidence of global warming? ...

Past 40 years? ... how convenient ... perfect match to what we already know ... it's the lying bitch who reduces the sample pool to inflate percentages ... such an obvious cheat ...

Wind causes surface waves in the ocean ... not one shred of direct evidence wind speed is increasing ... all the anemometers on the headlands say "it's too soon to tell" ... explain that Missy ...

It must really suck being you.

So damn scared of climate change that you worry about it all the time. Doesn't your husband tell you to not to worry so much?

I bet you carry around a placard reading "We are all going to die!". Am I right or am I right?

This silly ass AGW religion of yours have you proclaiming that the end is near. End times, isn't it?

You should be a lot more worried about the damage Mr Potatohead is doing to our country than any man made climate change.

By the way, Moon Bat. Since you are so damn frightened of man made climate change are you doing your part to prevent it? Tell us what you do to be "Green". Like I am sure you don't have AC, or a refrigerator or a heater or a washing machine or dryer, and you don't drive a vehicle and you have solar panels and you don't buy anything made or transported with fossil fuels, right?

These hysterical climate alarmist threads are funny.
Irrelevant, but funny just the same.
Some folks just live to share their paranoia.
D5D36BBD-522C-4E29-A177-582208165EBF.jpeg

And they seem intellectually incapable of seeing their own role in a classic “boy cried wolf” scenario.
Such is the life of a useful idiot.
Useful Idiot a certainty. Also, remember that this is a scam religion for the dimwits.

They worship to the Gods of AGW. "The End is Nigh!".

Useful Idiot a certainty. Also, remember that this is a scam religion for the dimwits.

How about theoretical physics? Is that a religion? Inorganic chemistry? Does that require a lot of faith? Who are the gods of biology?

How does it feel to be an enemy to mainstream science in the modern world? Do you brag about that to your children? Are they proud of you for your "principles"?

Last edited:

I personally don’t care if they want to believe that mankind is controlling the climate. Loons are free to believe anything they’d like. It’s when they get all sanctimonious and dictatorial that I enjoy laughing in their faces.

I personally don’t care if they want to believe that mankind is controlling the climate. Loons are free to believe anything they’d like. It’s when they get all sanctimonious and dictatorial that I enjoy laughing in their faces.

It is easy to ridicule an Environmental Wacko. They never get anything right and are mostly idiotic science deniers.

The problem comes when they can convince voters that their AGW God is the only true God and public policy gets changed. Like this Mr. Potatohead idiot spending billions of dollars of our money on absolutely worthless and wasteful EV subsidizes and charging stations when we are $33 trillion in debt. Or like artificially running up the cost of fossil fuels, which is a disaster for most American families.

These Environmental Wackos will do a lot more damage to this country than any climate change.

The majority belief is that mankind is affecting the climate, not controlling.
“The majority belief” is the haven for fools and lemmings. Every time I light a match, I’m affecting the climate, kid. It’s the degree that matters, and you only have correlation as evidence. The real question is whether or not you can see through your brainwashing long enough to admit you might be wrong. I say you can’t.

As you've oh so clearly demonstrated on oh so many occasions.
IMG_5318.jpeg

Shortly after the last Ice Age ended the ice up north melted and that changed the ocean currents and North America had a drought that lasted 900 years. Native Americans survived the climate change.

The Mayan civilization was on for almost three thousand years and then climate change came to the Yucatan Peninsula. They had a tremendous drought. The government failed but the people mostly survived.

Humans survived both the Roman and Medieval Warming eras.

Americans survived the Dust Bowl of the 1930s.

If we have another natural warming event humans will survive it.

I've been in a dozen hurricanes in my life and survived them all.

The only people at risk will be the Environmental Wackos like Missy Crick that will commit suicide because they are so frightened.

Forum List

Back