The original intent of the second amendment

The leadership of a new America, which arose out of rebellion itself, or fearful of being called traitors and executed. That is one reason they did not establish a federal army, besides the fact they didn't have the money to fund it. If you read the second amendment in its entirety. The right for citizens to bear arms was given to the states so they could form their own well-regulated militias. It was their opinion but the states were so divided that they would never combined forces and attack the federal government. If not for that fact, the second amendment would not exist at all.
Read the entirety of it? It's one fucking sentence!

Arms. With a capital A. That is, Firearms and other weapons.
Thank you. And that leads us to ask further questions.

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

If the people have the right to keep and bear Arms, and for that right to not be infringed, it seems that Safeway and other large supermarkets should be able to sell firearms in their stores with no identification whatsoever. Supermarkets all across our country can sell gravity and push button knives to a 12 year old, and anyone can buy in a hardware store an anti-personnel fragmentation grenade, a surface to air missile and Claymore to keep the neighborhood kids off of their front yard.

I know I know. We must ignore their actual intent, the shit they ACTUALLY said, so you federal supremacists can finally jerkoff in peace.
That really was moronic of you; you revealed your proclivities.

A moot argument. The 2nd Amendment does exist and the courts have ruled it applies to the individual right to own arms.

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

If the people have the right to keep and bear Arms, and for that right to not be infringed, it seems that Safeway and other large supermarkets should be able to sell firearms in their stores with no identification whatsoever. Supermarkets all across our country can sell gravity and push button knives to a 12 year old, and anyone can buy in a hardware store a anti-personnel fragmentation grenade, a surface to air missile and Claymore to keep the neighborhood kids off of their front yard.
Never been in a Wal-Mart?

If the people have the right to keep and bear Arms, and for that right to not be infringed, it seems that Safeway and other large supermarkets should be able to sell firearms in their stores with no identification whatsoever. Supermarkets all across our country can sell gravity and push button knives to a 12 year old, and anyone can buy in a hardware store an anti-personnel fragmentation grenade, a surface to air missile and Claymore to keep the neighborhood kids off of their front yard.
I'm so glad I put this babbling commie on ignore.

A moot argument. The 2nd Amendment does exist and the courts have ruled it applies to the individual right to own arms.
Not entirely. Felons, people who have been determined to be a danger to themselves and others, are just two who have lost the privilege; thus the 2nd is not an absolute right.

Never been in a Wal-Mart?
Nope, it's all Chinese products. I try to buy American made. However you missed the point, to wit for those who can comprehend:

"If the people have the right to keep and bear Arms, and for that right to not be infringed, it seems that Safeway and other large supermarkets should be able to sell firearms in their stores with no identification whatsoever. Supermarkets all across our country can sell gravity and push button knives to a 12 year old, and anyone can buy in a hardware store an anti-personnel fragmentation grenade, a surface to air missile and a Claymore to keep the neighborhood kids off of their front yard."

Not entirely. Felons, people who have been determined to be a danger to themselves and others, are just two who have lost the privilege; thus the 2nd is not an absolute right.

The Constitution also lays out how one's rights can be removed through due process. I said nothing to the contrary.

Nope, it's all Chinese products. I try to buy American made. However you missed the point, to wit for those who can comprehend:

"If the people have the right to keep and bear Arms, and for that right to not be infringed, it seems that Safeway and other large supermarkets should be able to sell firearms in their stores with no identification whatsoever. Supermarkets all across our country can sell gravity and push button knives to a 12 year old, and anyone can buy in a hardware store an anti-personnel fragmentation grenade, a surface to air missile and a Claymore to keep the neighborhood kids off of their front yard."
So food sold at walmarts are grown and raised in China

Who knew?

It's a moot point 250 years later. The Founding Fathers might have foresaw the need of civilians to be able to defend themselves against simple assault and robbery and have the right to engage in sport shooting and hunting. The Supreme Court has upheld the 2nd Amendment in several decisions.

The Constitution also lays out how one's rights can be removed through due process. I said nothing to the contrary.
Of course, not only those noted but those on Probation, Parole and with a dishonorable discharge.

Forum List

Back