The night democrats and republicans switched parties?

The House of Representatives:[28]

• Northern: 281–32 (90–10%)
  • Southern: 8–94 (8–92%)
The Senate:[28]

• Northern: 72–6 (92–8%)
  • Southern: 1–21 (5–95%) (Ralph Yarborough of Texas was the only southerner to vote in favor in the Senate)

By party and region[edit]
The House of Representatives:[28]

• Southern Democrats: 7–87 (7–93%) (four Representatives from Texas, two from Tennessee and Claude Pepper of Florida voted in favor)
  • Southern Republicans: 0–10 (0–100%)
  • Northern Democrats: 145–9 (94–6%)
  • Northern Republicans: 138–24 (85–15%)
The Senate:[28]

The vote went along sectional lines more than political party

You can dispute the date but you can’t dispute that 95% of black Americans oppose the republicans and 95% of white nationalists and racists support the republicans. You tell me... what date did they switch?
And with that statement, you are 100% full of shit.
Name calling but no debate. Surrender Cobra flashed by you. I accept.
Ok... Feel free to show evidence of said statement. We can debate it. I have no idea why you would want to do that.. But ok.
3% registered black voters are republicans. Only 8% of blacks lean Republican. Suck it.
View attachment 351271
That's not what you said. Let me quote you what you said:

You can dispute the date but you can’t dispute that 95% of black Americans oppose the republicans and 95% of white nationalists and racists support the republicans. You tell me... what date did they switch?
I'm not sure why you think I should suck anything. That did not prove the statement you said.
Are you stupid? I said 95% oppose republicans. Depending on how you wanna argue it’s between 3-8%. 5% is smack in the middle bitch.
I didn't get the edit in fast enough... And you didn't prove everything you said in that statement.

Ok... here we go again...

Always remember... I can't make you look stupid. Nobody here, can do that save one. They can't make you look like anything. You have to do it.
I showed you the Pew research that shows how few Black Americans support Republicans. Whether it’s 3% or 8% or 5% it’s a joke. You can’t deny the parties switched positions.
No... You showed registered voters. And left the independents out of it as if they opposed republicans as well.

And you seem to ignore the other thing you said... Why is that? Do I have to quote you again? I can't believe you still want to do this with me.
Two stats. One was registered which was only 3%. The other was how they vote which forces independents to chose. That was 8%. Bam! That’s a landslide and supports my 95% claim.
No it doesn't. It's just 8%. What they registered as means nothing. Feel free to claim the win... I don't mind. But it's closer to 10% than it is 5%.

Republicans are terrible for black Americans. Doesn’t mean Democrats are perfect but at least we don’t court white nationalist racists And are responsive to policy discussions to address race barriers.

I stand by 95% of white nationalists being Republican. That’s my observational assessment based on their public support.
Oooop... Full of shit.

Edit: Boy am I going to have egg on my face if the black vote goes down this election... Whoa ... It can't go up for sure. Your observational assessment based on their public support is obviously greater than mine.

Ok... Feel free to show evidence of said statement. We can debate it. I have no idea why you would want to do that.. But ok.
3% registered black voters are republicans. Only 8% of blacks lean Republican. Suck it.
View attachment 351271

Why should we suck it? Blacks live under the control of the democrat party....and what do they have to show for it exactly?
The whole OP is rubbishy attempting to deny that the same who fought to end slavery as Republicans are now fighting to end institutional racism as democrats. Suck it.

The democrat party is institutional racism, you twit.........their core groups are racist, their leaders are racist, both bill clinton and barak obama were good friends with racists..........the parties didn't change sides, the democrat party simply changed tactics........instead of simply being white racists, they embraced racists of all skin colors because they want power.......and racism is their tool....
Your argument is that Democrats are a diverse group of racists against all people?!? I’d love for you to flush that shit out a bit. Please explain how that idea formed in your head. I’m thinking drug induced. The Republican Party is 90% white. The Democratic Party is highly diverse. Why do you think that is? I’ll let you think on it really hard.

View attachment 351271

Why should we suck it? Blacks live under the control of the democrat party....and what do they have to show for it exactly?
The whole OP is rubbishy attempting to deny that the same who fought to end slavery as Republicans are now fighting to end institutional racism as democrats. Suck it.

The democrat party is institutional racism, you twit.........their core groups are racist, their leaders are racist, both bill clinton and barak obama were good friends with racists..........the parties didn't change sides, the democrat party simply changed tactics........instead of simply being white racists, they embraced racists of all skin colors because they want power.......and racism is their tool....
Your argument is that Democrats are a diverse group of racists against all people?!? I’d love for you to flush that shit out a bit. Please explain how that idea formed in your head. I’m thinking drug induced. The Republican Party is 90% white. The Democratic Party is highly diverse. Why do you think that is? I’ll let you think on it really hard.

All of the core groups of the democrat party are racist....

La Raza.....hispanic racists....

Black Lives Matter, Congressional Black Caucus, nation of islam....black racists

the leadership of the party, bill clinton and barak obama...racists.......clinton called j. william fulbright, a true white racist, segregationist, his good friend and mentor, and he honored all the top white racists with awards and attended dedications to them.....

Barak obama is friends and allies with racists....al sharpton, jeremiah wright, louis farrakhan.....

The racists of all skin colors need the power of the government to accumulate power and money.....and they need the power of the government to punish their race enemies..... that is why they all flock to the democrat party.....they want big government with total power........so they can use that power to empower themselves...

There was no Southern Strategy.......you moron...

Nixon's own people admitted their was.

Oh, hey, check this out, here's the Chairman of the GOP apologizing for it... how can he apologize for a myth.

The chairman of the Republican Party on Thursday renounced the GOP's racially polarizing "Southern strategy" of the late 1960s, under which Richard Nixon used such issues as desegregation and forced busing of schoolchildren to woo white voters and win the presidency.

Republican National Committee chief Ken Mehlman made the comments in Milwaukee to the annual convention of the NAACP, which has had an uneasy relationship with the Bush administration.

View attachment 351271

Black Lives Matter, Congressional Black Caucus, nation of islam....black racists

the leadership of the party, bill clinton and barak obama...racists.......clinton called j. william fulbright, a true white racist, segregationist, his good friend and mentor, and he honored all the top white racists with awards and attended dedications to them.....

Barak obama is friends and allies with racists....al sharpton, jeremiah wright, louis farrakhan.....

The racists of all skin colors need the power of the government to accumulate power and money.....and they need the power of the government to punish their race enemies..... that is why they all flock to the democrat party.....they want big government with total power........so they can use that power to empower themselves...
You need help.

The Republican Party stopped being the Grand Old Party and became Corporate Whores somewhere in the vicinity of World War I.

It just took America another few decades to come to that realization.

LBJ signed-off on the 1964 Civil Rights Act in order to sucker Blacks into voting Democrat for the next hundred years.

After 1964, Dixiecrats started drifting towards the Republican camp, but Northern Democrats began to shift further Left and to pander to Blacks and Hispanics.

The Vietnam War era with its sustained nationwide protesting and fashionable distrust and disdain for government weakened public loyalty to the Republic.

We had pretty much recovered a sense of public loyalty in the following decades but engaging in 'perpetual war' in Iraq and Afghanistan et al eroded that recovery again.

And now we've got Commies on one side, Fascists on the other, and sane, rational America stuck in the middle between those two deplorable polar opposites.

God Save the Republic.

View attachment 351271

You need help.

View attachment 351271

You need help.
Uh... last time I checked, “name calling” actually requires someone to call someone a name. I didn’t call anyone a name there, pal. Are you a moron? (See how it’s done?)

View attachment 351271

You need help.
Uh... last time I checked, “name calling” actually requires someone to call someone a name. I didn’t call anyone a name there, pal. Are you a moron? (See how it’s done?)
You're right... I should have just quoted the surrender cobra bit... But... It still shows that you are a hypocrite.

View attachment 351271

You need help.
You're right... I should have just quoted the surrender cobra bit... But... It still shows that you are a hypocrite.
I was not debating him I was clarifying his nonsense. He thinks the democrats are a diverse group of racists. I was making sure I read that correctly. Yep. He thinks a group of white black hispanic and Asian Americans are racists and the party of 90% white peoples are the victims. Yea. Ok. Maybe on planet K-Pax.

I was not debating him I was clarifying his nonsense.
Won't be very long I'll be able to use that against you was well. Showing again... that you are a hypocrite.

Edit: Well... I guess you could stop being one... But... That's rare.

View attachment 351271

You need help.
I was not debating him I was clarifying his nonsense. He thinks the democrats are a diverse group of racists. I was making sure I read that correctly. Yep. He thinks a group of white black hispanic and Asian Americans are racists and the party of 90% white peoples are the victims. Yea. Ok. Maybe on planet K-Pax.

You can't explain how the core groups of the democrat party are racist, or the racist friends and mentors of bill clinton and barak obama.......... I stated the racist groups that make up the party, and the names and racist actions of clinton and obama........

You can deny it, but it is the truth....the democrat party is made up of racist groups and the leadership is racist to their toes....

View attachment 351271

You need help.

You can't explain how the core groups of the democrat party are racist, or the racist friends and mentors of bill clinton and barak obama.......... I stated the racist groups that make up the party, and the names and racist actions of clinton and obama........

You can deny it, but it is the truth....the democrat party is made up of racist groups and the leadership is racist to their toes....
List one racist action from Obama or Clinton. I’ll wait. You can’t other than some person they know said something you didn’t like.

It has always struck me that on July 2, 1964, the day LBJ signed the Civil Rights act into law making it illegal to discriminate against people based on race, that the narrative became that the democrat party was for black and the GOP was racist.

For the sake of argument, let's say that is correct. Why would everyone in both parties, not just one man, switch their racisms? Has there ever been such a massive switch of belief of one group of people, let alone two groups of people? The stupidity of such an assertion is really mind numbingly outrageous.

But what children are not taught in schools, or in the media, or anywhere else for that matter, is that Republican President Eisenhower pushed for Civil Rights, and yes, he was opposed by a chorus of democrats. No matter, the The Civil Rights Act of 1957 was passed despite being filibustered by democrats.

But the Left would have you believe that in a dark room in 1964, the planets aligned as everything changed. The democrats had somehow changed overnight from a party that fought to keep slavery in the 1800's, and who started the KKK to resist the Republican party in 1865, and who fought Eisenhower on his Civil Rights legislation in 1957, had changed on the twinkling of an eye for no apparent reason.

It really is mind blowing, whether you believe it or don't believe it. It borders on the miraculous.

Since Eisenhower every Republican Presidential candidate has been demonized by the DNC as a racist. Even John McCain was demonized as a racist, although once McCain turned on Trump he miraculously became a stateman and nonracist right before he died.

Funny that.
It has always struck me as bizarre that white Republicans keep telling African Americans that they are stupid.

Your 'argument' is another such example.

The Right(i.e. you) would have you believe that in a dark room in 1964 that every Democrat in America was a racist- including bizarrely the majority of African Americans.
You (intentionally) of course left ouf lots of history there- such as:
The KKK was not founded by 'democrats'- and the KKK was a force in America in both Republican and Democratic strongholds.
African Americans voted solidly for Republicans- until FDR- when the shift started- as FDR's economic policies were seen to be beneficial by African Americans- and FDR also made some major moves to end discriminatory employment during WW2- so the shift of African Americans to the Democratic Party started then.
Then Truman ordered the desegregation of the Armed Forces- which was another big move- and another move by Northern Democrats which pissed off white Southerners.
Eisenhower of course had his own signature moments trying to end discrimination- with sending the 101st airborne to ensure integration of a school and signed the 1957 Civil Rights act- which was indeed filibustered by one Democrat- Strom Thurmond- of South Carolina- who became a Republican in 1964.
Then Kennedy proposed the 1964 Civil Rights Act, which after his assassination Johnson pushed through into law- despite the opposition of virtually every Southern Congressman and Senator- both Republican and Democrat.
But what really clinched it- when it came to African Americans and the Republican Party- came later in 1964- when the Republicans nominated for President Barry Goldwater- who had voted against the 1964 Civil Rights Act.
Which led to Martin Luther King Jr. calling out to African Americans- and white persons of goodwill:
The Republican Party geared its appeal and program to racism, reaction, and extremism...On the urgent issue of civil rights, Senator Goldwater represents a philosophy that is morally indefensible and socially suicidal. While not himself a racist, Mr. Goldwater articulates a philosophy which gives aid and comfort to the racist. His candidacy and philosophy would serve as an umbrella under which extremists of all stripes would stand. In the light of these facts and because of my love for America, I have no alternative but to urge every Negro and white person of goodwill to vote against Mr. Goldwater and to withdraw support from any Republican candidate that does not publicly disassociate himself from Senator Goldwater and his philosophy.”

And as far as the 'miracle' is concerned- Strom Thurmond did indeed switch from the Democratic Party to the Republican Party- where he felt much more at home.

View attachment 351271

You need help.

I am always amused by you Trumpkins who blatantly make it clear that the only racists in your mind- are blacks and non-whites- and whites just don't have a racist bone your bodies.

And you wonder why the Republican Party is so lily white.

View attachment 351271

You need help.

List one racist action from Obama or Clinton. I’ll wait. You can’t other than some person they know said something you didn’t like.

Barak obama is good friends with al sharpton.....a racist and anti-semite, and a a man with actual blood on his hands, louis farrakhan, actual racist, and anti-semite, and jeremiah wright.....he attended that racists church for 20 years and the racist married obama and michelle and baptized their children.....

Then you can explain bill clinton ......dedicating a statue to his political mentor J. william fulbright, an actual democrat party segregationist..

n Tuesday, October 22, 2002, Bill Clinton traveled to Fayetteville, Arkansas to honor the life of the late Arkansas senator, J. William Fulbright by dedicating a seven-foot-tall bronze statue of the man.
-------
Among other things, Clinton said, “If [Fulbright] were here today, I’m sure he would caution us not to be too utopian in our expectations, but rather utopian in our values and vision.”

And back on May 5, 1993, in what the Washington Post characterized as a “… moving 88th birthday ceremony for former senator William Fulbright, President Clinton last night bestowed the Presidential Medal of Freedom on the man he described as a visionary humanitarian, a steadfast supporter of the values of education, and ‘my mentor.’” Clinton added, “It doesn’t take long to live a life. He made the best of his, and helped us to have a better chance to make the best of ours.…The American political system produced this remarkable man, and my state did, and I’m real proud of it.”

Of course, the man Clinton was praising, who he called his “mentor,” who supposedly embraced utopian values and made the world a better place for everyone, was also a rabid segregationist.

In 1956, Fulbright was one of 19 senators who issued a statement entitled the “Southern Manifesto.” This document condemned the 1954 U.S. Supreme Court decision in Brown v. Board of Education. Its signers stated, among other things, that “We commend the motives of those States which have declared the intention to resist forced integration by any lawful means.” They stated further, “We pledge ourselves to use all lawful means to bring about reversal of this decision which is contrary to the Constitution and to prevent the use of force in its implementation.”

Segregation
Here's what Bill Clinton said when he eulogized his mentor, an Arkansas senator:
"We come to celebrate and give thanks for the remarkable life of J. William Fulbright, a life that changed our country and our world forever and for the better. . . . In the work he did, the words he spoke and the life he lived, Bill Fulbright stood against the 20th century’s most destructive forces and fought to advance its brightest hopes.[54]
So spoke President William J. Clinton in 1995 of a man was among the 99 Democrats in Congress to sign the “Southern Manifesto” in 1956. The Southern Manifesto declared the signatories’ opposition to the Supreme Court's decision in Brown v. Board of Education and their commitment to segregation forever. Fulbright was also among those who filibustered the Civil Rights Act of 1964. That filibuster continued for 83 days.

Orval Faubus

Bill Clinton with Orval Faubus, 1991.[10]
In June 1974, a few months before Clinton would narrowly lose his congressional bid, he sat down for an interview with an oral history project.[11] Reaching out to the notorious segregationist was just good politics, he told the interviewers.

“When did you build this friendship with Faubus?” one asked.

“When I got ready to run for Congress,” Clinton answered.

“But wouldn’t he be the last guy to go see, represented the old time machine?” the interviewer pressed.

“No, no. See, that’s why I got elected. Because I don’t do things — I don’t think in terms of that,” Clinton said.

“But wouldn’t the liberal mind, whatever it is in this district, think that way?”

“Well, the liberal mind might, but I don’t have a liberal mind, I guess, if that’s the way they think. It’s a matter of politics and how you get votes,” Clinton said of doing his dance with white supremacists. “Faubus has a fine mind and a lot of influence in these hills, these people, and knows things that are worth knowing. The reason that they will vote for me, if they do, the people, even if they think that I’m liberal, whatever that is, is that I’ll sit down with all these people and talk to them.”

------

------
The New Jim Crow
Under the Clintons, more the 250,000 African Americans were imprisoned in the United States than under President Reagan,[12] a fact for which she takes credit for.[13] Cumulatively since the Clinton's passed their crime bill, 2.5 million adult black males—more than 10% of the population—have been incarcerated leaving untold damage on black families.[14]

Hillary's divisiveness and hate is targeted at a diverse group of people.[15] Hillary has publicly advocated treating minority youth like dogs,[16] has made mocking and offensive comments about Jews and retarded children, and has called common American citizens deplorables.[17] These sentiments have been confirmed by Hillary's campaign chair, Mr. John Podesta, and her campaign manager, Robby Mook. According to all major, reputable sources, Hillary Clinton and/or her organization and its surrogates started the birther movement to discredit Obama.[18] Her declining health and criminal investigation became an issue in her 2016 presidential campaign.[19]

Jesse Jackson
The Clintons call Jesse Jackson that "Goddamn n****r" behind his back.[20][21][22][23] Jackson refused to release his delegates in 1984 to Gary Hart, Clinton's old boss from the McGovern campaign of 1972. Jackson, the first African-American to win states in a major party primary, questioned the disparity between his vote total and delegate count, but even Hart sided with the DNC's rigging the primary rules.[24] In 1988 Jackson selected Ron Brown as his chief negotiator at the 1988 Democratic National Convention.[25] Brown went on to serve as DNC Chairman and Commerce Secretary until he died in a plane crash.[26]

Orval Faubus

Bill Clinton with Orval Faubus, 1991.[10]
In June 1974, a few months before Clinton would narrowly lose his congressional bid, he sat down for an interview with an oral history project.[11] Reaching out to the notorious segregationist was just good politics, he told the interviewers.

“When did you build this friendship with Faubus?” one asked.

“When I got ready to run for Congress,” Clinton answered.

“But wouldn’t he be the last guy to go see, represented the old time machine?” the interviewer pressed.

“No, no. See, that’s why I got elected. Because I don’t do things — I don’t think in terms of that,” Clinton said.

“But wouldn’t the liberal mind, whatever it is in this district, think that way?”

“Well, the liberal mind might, but I don’t have a liberal mind, I guess, if that’s the way they think. It’s a matter of politics and how you get votes,” Clinton said of doing his dance with white supremacists. “Faubus has a fine mind and a lot of influence in these hills, these people, and knows things that are worth knowing. The reason that they will vote for me, if they do, the people, even if they think that I’m liberal, whatever that is, is that I’ll sit down with all these people and talk to them.”

The New Jim Crow
Under the Clintons, more the 250,000 African Americans were imprisoned in the United States than under President Reagan,[12] a fact for which she takes credit for.[13] Cumulatively since the Clinton's passed their crime bill, 2.5 million adult black males—more than 10% of the population—have been incarcerated leaving untold damage on black families.[14]

Hillary's divisiveness and hate is targeted at a diverse group of people.[15] Hillary has publicly advocated treating minority youth like dogs,[16] has made mocking and offensive comments about Jews and retarded children, and has called common American citizens deplorables.[17] These sentiments have been confirmed by Hillary's campaign chair, Mr. John Podesta, and her campaign manager, Robby Mook. According to all major, reputable sources, Hillary Clinton and/or her organization and its surrogates started the birther movement to discredit Obama.[18] Her declining health and criminal investigation became an issue in her 2016 presidential campaign.[19]

Jesse Jackson
The Clintons call Jesse Jackson that "Goddamn n****r" behind his back.[20][21][22][23] Jackson refused to release his delegates in 1984 to Gary Hart, Clinton's old boss from the McGovern campaign of 1972. Jackson, the first African-American to win states in a major party primary, questioned the disparity between his vote total and delegate count, but even Hart sided with the DNC's rigging the primary rules.[24] In 1988 Jackson selected Ron Brown as his chief negotiator at the 1988 Democratic National Convention.[25] Brown went on to serve as DNC Chairman and Commerce Secretary until he died in a plane crash.[26]

Rep. Ben McGee
In 1988 the U.S. Supreme Court ruled Clinton wrongfully tried to overturn the election of a black state representative, Mr. Ben McGee, and replace him with a white Democrat Clinton handpicked. The case grew out of the suit against Clinton to win voting rights for the people of Crittenden County.

[/QUOThttps://townhall.com/columnists/victoriastroup/2016/11/05/how-fdrs-racism-gave-democrats-the-black-vote-n2241694E]

The Democratic Party is the party of racism. However, leftists argue that during the 20th century, racist Democrats either magically renounced their ways or became Republicans. This shift is attributed partially to Franklin Delano Roosevelt, but as Dinesh D’Souza reveals in Hillary’s America: The Secret History of the Democratic Party, FDR enabled racism.

The most glaringly obvious example of this is FDR’s appointment of James Byrnes and Hugo Black to the Supreme Court. James Byrnes, a South Carolinian and the only man to serve in all three branches of government, likely would’ve been a Klansmen were it not his ties to Catholicism. Hugo Black was a Klansmen who admitted on his deathbed he would’ve joined any organization to get votes.

Black participated in Klan events throughout Alabama. As a highly successful Klan lawyer, he was known for using epithets such as “n*gger woman” during proceedings. Black admitted to joining for self-serving purposes, and later said FDR told him “some of his best friends and supporters were strong members.”

Republicans were appalled at FDR’s appointments, but his cavorting with well-known racists went on. As D’Souza writes, when he became President, a pact he made required him to block anti-lynching legislation. It wasn’t a huge surprise when lynching rates skyrocketed, and FDR proved this with his nonchalant attitude during the whole ordeal. Did this darling of modern progressivism lighten up on his horrific racism? Not a bit.

His friends made another demand. This time, they wanted the South to receive more than its share in the New Deal programs, and that those programs exclude blacks.

The Tennessee Valley Authority (TVA), which aided construction along the Tennessee River, was adored by southern Democrats, as was the New Deal provision that jobs typically performed by blacks be excluded from federal benefits. The National Industrial Recovery Act and the Civilian Conservation Corps were essentially segregated benefits for whites. FDR’s administration denied loans to black families seeking homes in white areas.

Some New Deal programs benefited black Americans, who were among the hardest hit during the Great Depression, and thus, caused them to switch parties. By 1936, 75 percent of blacks became Democrats, whereas pre-1936, 90 percent of blacks voted Republican. Democrats were dumbfounded: how had they gotten so lucky as to gain the trust of the people they were hoping to oppress? Franklin Delano Roosevelt.

This is the problem modern Republicans are facing. Democrats have been using and manipulating entire races for nearly a century. For them, lying about their history while simultaneously gaslighting the American public is a walk in the park.

The merits of the second President Roosevelt’s administration can be debated, but regardless of where you stand on his individual actions, the fact still remains: the darling of modern progressivism didn’t blink at giving Klansmen high positions in his administration. He systematically aided a platform party shift which has doomed minority communities since 1936, and given way to the culture of identity politics we’re subjected to today.[/QUOTE]

It has always struck me that on July 2, 1964, the day LBJ signed the Civil Rights act into law making it illegal to discriminate against people based on race, that the narrative became that the democrat party was for black and the GOP was racist.

For the sake of argument, let's say that is correct. Why would everyone in both parties, not just one man, switch their racisms? Has there ever been such a massive switch of belief of one group of people, let alone two groups of people? The stupidity of such an assertion is really mind numbingly outrageous.

But what children are not taught in schools, or in the media, or anywhere else for that matter, is that Republican President Eisenhower pushed for Civil Rights, and yes, he was opposed by a chorus of democrats. No matter, the The Civil Rights Act of 1957 was passed despite being filibustered by democrats.

But the Left would have you believe that in a dark room in 1964, the planets aligned as everything changed. The democrats had somehow changed overnight from a party that fought to keep slavery in the 1800's, and who started the KKK to resist the Republican party in 1865, and who fought Eisenhower on his Civil Rights legislation in 1957, had changed on the twinkling of an eye for no apparent reason.

It really is mind blowing, whether you believe it or don't believe it. It borders on the miraculous.

Since Eisenhower every Republican Presidential candidate has been demonized by the DNC as a racist. Even John McCain was demonized as a racist, although once McCain turned on Trump he miraculously became a stateman and nonracist right before he died.

Funny that.
It has always struck me as bizarre that white Republicans keep telling African Americans that they are stupid.

The Right(i.e. you) would have you believe that in a dark room in 1964 that every Democrat in America was a racist- including bizarrely the majority of African Americans.
The KKK was not founded by 'democrats'- and the KKK was a force in America in both Republican and Democratic strongholds.
African Americans voted solidly for Republicans- until FDR- when the shift started- as FDR's economic policies were seen to be beneficial by African Americans- and FDR also made some major moves to end discriminatory employment during WW2- so the shift of African Americans to the Democratic Party started then.
Then Truman ordered the desegregation of the Armed Forces- which was another big move- and another move by Northern Democrats which pissed off white Southerners.
Eisenhower of course had his own signature moments trying to end discrimination- with sending the 101st airborne to ensure integration of a school and signed the 1957 Civil Rights act- which was indeed filibustered by one Democrat- Strom Thurmond- of South Carolina- who became a Republican in 1964.
Then Kennedy proposed the 1964 Civil Rights Act, which after his assassination Johnson pushed through into law- despite the opposition of virtually every Southern Congressman and Senator- both Republican and Democrat.
But what really clinched it- when it came to African Americans and the Republican Party- came later in 1964- when the Republicans nominated for President Barry Goldwater- who had voted against the 1964 Civil Rights Act.
Which led to Martin Luther King Jr. calling out to African Americans- and white persons of goodwill:
The Republican Party geared its appeal and program to racism, reaction, and extremism...On the urgent issue of civil rights, Senator Goldwater represents a philosophy that is morally indefensible and socially suicidal. While not himself a racist, Mr. Goldwater articulates a philosophy which gives aid and comfort to the racist. His candidacy and philosophy would serve as an umbrella under which extremists of all stripes would stand. In the light of these facts and because of my love for America, I have no alternative but to urge every Negro and white person of goodwill to vote against Mr. Goldwater and to withdraw support from any Republican candidate that does not publicly disassociate himself from Senator Goldwater and his philosophy.”

And as far as the 'miracle' is concerned- Strom Thurmond did indeed switch from the Democratic Party to the Republican Party- where he felt much more at home.

Moron, the kkk was founded by former officers of the Confederacy...they were not Republicans...but nice try.....the kkk was used by the democrat party to murder freed Blacks and their Republican allies....but again, nice try....

Funny that.

Some New Deal programs benefited black Americans, who were among the hardest hit during the Great Depression, and thus, caused them to switch parties. By 1936, 75 percent of blacks became Democrats, whereas pre-1936, 90 percent of blacks voted Republican. Democrats were dumbfounded: how had they gotten so lucky as to gain the trust of the people they were hoping to oppress? Franklin Delano Roosevelt.

So as we can see that you lied, the shift occured long before LBJ began talking about what he called his "Nigg#r Bill", know to the rest of us as the Civil Rights legislation.

Forum List

Back