The most racist movies ever made (part 1)

Tommy Tainant

Diamond Member
Jan 20, 2016
Y Cae Ras
Just reading the thread about Gone With the Wind and its fair to say that librul Hollywood has a pretty shabby record over the years.
My afternoon movie yesterday was The Alamo which I have seen many times before.

Wayne intended the film to be a celebration of courage and glorifying a fight for freedom but there are parts of the film that gloss over the history and make very uncomfortable viewing.

Jim Bowie grants freedom to his slave, s their doom is approaching. The old guy decides that because he is free he will stick by Bowie and fight those baddie Mexicans to death.

Now that might have been the actuality but it was shown without any context. Maintaining slavery was one of the issues that the texans were fighting for. There was no slavery in Mexico at that time and the old guy, Jethro, could have just walked out the gates to a better life at any time.

The film shows an untrue idealistic version of the realities and paints a deceptive version of slavery.

The narrative is - Texas =good, Mexico = bad. And that probably exists to today. Texas was good for some but not for everyone. Santanna was a nasty twat but Texas was Mexican land.

Freedom for Texas meant a future as a dirty slave state and that was not a cause that should be glorified, it certainly should not be covered up with a deceptive act of kindness.

I can still watch the film and enjoy the spectacle but the talky bits between the action leaves me cold. I suspect that it isnt the worst offender if we were making a list.

Just reading the thread about Gone With the Wind and its fair to say that librul Hollywood has a pretty shabby record over the years.

Wayne intended the film to be a celebration of courage and glorifying a fight for freedom but there are parts of the film that gloss over the history and make very uncomfortable viewing.

Jim Bowie grants freedom to his slave, s their doom is approaching. The old guy decides that because he is free he will stick by Bowie and fight those baddie Mexicans to death.

Now that might have been the actuality but it was shown without any context. Maintaining slavery was one of the issues that the texans were fighting for. There was no slavery in Mexico at that time and the old guy, Jethro, could have just walked out the gates to a better life at any time.

The film shows an untrue idealistic version of the realities and paints a deceptive version of slavery.

The narrative is - Texas =good, Mexico = bad. And that probably exists to today. Texas was good for some but not for everyone. Santanna was a nasty twat but Texas was Mexican land.

Freedom for Texas meant a future as a dirty slave state and that was not a cause that should be glorified, it certainly should not be covered up with a deceptive act of kindness.

I can still watch the film and enjoy the spectacle but the talky bits between the action leaves me cold. I suspect that it isnt the worst offender if we were making a list.
Its fortunate for dirt poor mexicans today that Texas won the war

otherwise shoeless migrants would have to walk an extra 500 miles to find a job and feed their family back in mexico

Last edited:
Of course, racial stereotypes can also be used to advance equality.

I refer to the Charlie Chan movies of the 1930s and 1940s.

Mr. Chan was shown to be one wise dude.

He was shown to be a loving father to his family.

He was always treated respectfully by Caucasians and was allowed in public accommodations without any problems.

Yes, "Charlie Chan" was always played by a Caucasian actor.

That was just how it was in those days. Quite frankly, maybe those movies would not have been so popular if the main character had actually been played by a Chinese-American.

The Alamo was made during the Cold War.
When it was ok to distort the truth ?
Unfortunately, yes. If you have seen the movie then you know that it doesn't deal with any of the actual causes. There is no 'truth'. John Wayne was about as anti-communist as it gets. He was directing. Had there been no Cold War, this film would not have existed.

Movies are about making money and largely reflect the sentiments of the time, whatever they might be, as to make more money.

Unfortunately, yes. If you have seen the movie then you know that it doesn't deal with any of the actual causes. There is no 'truth'. John Wayne was about as anti-communist as it gets. He was directing. Had there been no Cold War, this film would not have existed.
For most of my life that movie formed my opinion of the Alamo, I suspect that is true for most of the world. Im not looking to get stuff like this banned but there hould be a big warning sign on these movies because they pack a powerful message.

Movies are about making money and largely reflect the sentiments of the time, whatever they might be, as to make more money.
There is a great documentary to be made there. In the UK there is a show called "It was alrite in the 60s" or 70s or 80s..............that shows how far things have changed for the better. Whatis most shocking is clips from shows you thought were great at the time. Uncomfortable viewing t times.

Actually, we fought Mexico because they are murderers and rapists and do not send their best people here

Santa Ana was not a good person

There is a great documentary to be made there. In the UK there is a show called "It was alrite in the 60s" or 70s or 80s..............that shows how far things have changed for the better. Whatis most shocking is clips from shows you thought were great at the time. Uncomfortable viewing t times.
The only warning signs needed are in schools where students, at this time, do not learn to read, to reason, to think. If these attributes were valued in education, warnings on works of art would be absurd.

We had a series in the US called "I love the...." 80's 90's etc that was pretty funny indictment of pop culture over time.

For most of my life that movie formed my opinion of the Alamo, I suspect that is true for most of the world. Im not looking to get stuff like this banned but there hould be a big warning sign on these movies because they pack a powerful message.

So, you weren't interested in the Alamo enough to actually research it? Buy a book or two?

No. No warning signs. We don't need them. In fact, we have a plethora of information available that covers "the other" in films, history of films, politics in films, etc. and so on. All that needs to happen is to read it.

It's a fucking movie made 60 years ago....Grow the hell up.

So, you weren't interested in the Alamo enough to actually research it? Buy a book or two?

No. No warning signs. We don't need them. In fact, we have a plethora of information available that covers "the other" in films, history of films, politics in films, etc. and so on. All that needs to happen is to read it.
Ive read a book called "A Line in the Sand" which was a good read.

The Blind Side and Dangerous Minds.

There’s nothing more racist than the liberals and their white savior films.

the most racist and sexist show that I've watched is Have you been served

Ive read a book called "A Line in the Sand" which was a good read.

Well, your lack of interest in the Alamo or in the history of film doesn't warrant labels.

Forum List

Back