The massive tax cut like the one in the Bush years didn’t benefit workers for a very simple reason

The optimal minimum wage is the one the people are willing to do the job for. It's not some arbitrary number decided by the government.
It needs to be decided by the government if the private market fails to provide quality of life for millions of workers. No one working 40 hours a week should live in poverty.

So the government is going to hold hostage the companies now? And force them to pay above the going wage?

Corporations are already wealthier than ever before. There is no incentive for these corporations to invest in labor when it is just easier to save money on tax cuts. Meanwhile, the deficit explodes and only executives benefit.

Even if corporate profits weren’t at an all time high, there is still a fiduciary responsibility to maximize profit. How, in part, do you maximize profit? By not investing in labor and accepting the economy as is. Right now, higher wage jobs are extremely competitive among workers while lower income jobs fill quite easily.

Lower wage workers are at the mercy of the economy. While it may be easy for republicans to call them lazy, it ignores the complexity of what creates poverty. Low wage workers do not have the time or money to spend on education that would make them qualified for skilled jobs. Of course, let’s pretend ALL workers did this. Who would be left behind to fill those entry level jobs that keep any business afloat?

You are so full of shit...
Nah you just can’t explain how I am wrong.

Venezuela.

Corporations are already wealthier than ever before. There is no incentive for these corporations to invest in labor when it is just easier to save money on tax cuts. Meanwhile, the deficit explodes and only executives benefit.

Even if corporate profits weren’t at an all time high, there is still a fiduciary responsibility to maximize profit. How, in part, do you maximize profit? By not investing in labor and accepting the economy as is. Right now, higher wage jobs are extremely competitive among workers while lower income jobs fill quite easily.

Lower wage workers are at the mercy of the economy. While it may be easy for republicans to call them lazy, it ignores the complexity of what creates poverty. Low wage workers do not have the time or money to spend on education that would make them qualified for skilled jobs. Of course, let’s pretend ALL workers did this. Who would be left behind to fill those entry level jobs that keep any business afloat?

Sure I can...

But we both know you are too ate up with dumb ass to get it….
Umm okay.

The OP is like Maxine watters he wants freedom for few. He can't explain profit margins he just wants companies to pay for what ever he says

Sure I can...

Umm okay.

Billy000, you are not playing fair....

You make me feel guilty when I insult and you respond like that...

Sure I can...

Umm okay.

Deno help me out here, he thinks the local barber shop can pay $15 bucks an hour?. When the books say only $10.

And if they say fuck you, we are moving, Billy wants the government to force them to stay?

As for economic growth under Bush, the Wall Street Journal pointed out the following in September 2008:

U.S. output has expanded faster than in most advanced economies since 2000. The IMF reports that real U.S. gross domestic product (GDP) grew at an average annual rate of 2.2% over the period 2001-2008 (including its forecast for the current year). President Bush will leave to his successor an economy 19% larger than the one he inherited from President Clinton. This U.S. expansion compares with 14% by France, 13% by Japan and just 8% by Italy and Germany over the same period.​

The latest ICP findings, published by the World Bank in its World Development Indicators 2008, also show that GDP per capita in the U.S.reached $41,813 (in purchasing power parity dollars) in 2005. This was a third higher than the United Kingdom's, 37% above Germany's and 38% more than Japan's. (Bush Has a Good Economic Record)​

Critics claim that the growth during the Bush years was merely the result of the housing bubble and wild consumer spending. James Pethokoukis responded to this claim in a January 2009 article in U.S. News & World Report:

"Economy Made Few Gains in Bush Years", declared the Washington Post earlier this week. And while the story grudgingly acknowledged the 52 straight months of job growth, it dismissed any economic gains as the ephemeral product of the housing bubble and wild-spending consumers. Except . . . that worker productivity -- the most important long-term indicator of the core health and competitiveness of an economy -- has risen at a really impressive 2.6 annual rate during the Bush years vs. 2.0 percent for Clinton and 1.6 percent for Reagan. . . . This is important stuff. It's one big reason why the World Economic Forum says the U.S. has the most competitive economy in the world. The economic rebound after the pro-growth 2003 tax cuts was no mirage . . .​

Bush's successes are destined to be overshadowed by the imploding housing and credit bubbles. They are the economic equivalents of IEDs, and they blew up at the end of his second term. The causes? Everything from Fed monetary policy to government housing policy to cultural dysfunction on Wall Street and Main Street. But as teenagers like to say, "Too bad, so sad." Bush was president, and Big Media has already declared its summary judgment: Failure. Reaching such a mistaken conclusion, though, requires an almost purposeful misreading of the past eight years. (http://www.usnews.com/money/blogs/c...1/14/media-distorts-bush-economic-record.html)​

Sure I can...

Umm okay.

Deno help me out here, he thinks the local barber shop can pay $15 bucks an hour?. When the books say only $10.

And if they say fuck you, we are moving, Billy wants the government to force them to stay?

bear, they are all beyond help when it comes to common sense.

The optimal minimum wage is the one the people are willing to do the job for. It's not some arbitrary number decided by the government.
It needs to be decided by the government if the private market fails to provide quality of life for millions of workers. No one working 40 hours a week should live in poverty.

If the wage wasn't enough the jobs wouldn't get filled. It's quite simple.
Absolutely false. Low wage jobs greatly outnumber higher paying jobs. Millions of people have no choice but to accept shitty wages.

Not even remotely true. We have an extremely low level of unemployment right now. Lots of opportunity out there if you want it, not so much for complacent people like yourself. I haven't worked for minimum wage since I was 16.
Yep. The hospitals have MANY jobs for technicians,RN's and MD's. They are even offering up to $ 1000.00 for referrals...because they can't find applicants.

Sure I can...

Umm okay.

Well not sure what else to say when all you can offer is an incoherent sentence

I don't think though that GWB really had the time or inclination to pay attention as oh these other issues seem to require more immediate attention.

He did, he took Clinton's bad idea and made it even worse.

Could have... but again... you seem to totally discount ALL the events as described below.
Did you ever consider that GWB's purpose was to KEEP the economy going IN spite of all the events that killed nearly 5,000 people, cost nearly $20 Trillion in market, real estate,
jobs, and most importantly kept Americans from going off the deep end when somethings as traumatic as 9/11, hurricanes, dot.com bust, anthrax attacks and THEN
the 2 hour withdrawal of over a half a trillion dollars on 9/18/08 occurred as well as liberating Iraq IN SPITE of traitors in the USA MSM and idiots that didn't seem to comprehend
that the 1991 War was never ended! No peace treaty signed with Saddam. And GWB was doing what Clinton signed in 1998 the Liberation of Iraq.
Today Iraq have 15 years of all the unrest that started with Saddam not giving a crap about half a million kids, the Mesopotamia destruction and 100,000s of Kurds he gassed..
wouldn't sign the simple I don't have WMDs.
After 15 years guess what: GDP per person $17,000 in 2017 versus Under Saddam Per person GDP when Saddam was removed in 2003 per capita GDP never rose above $637
The World Factbook — Central Intelligence Agency

So you may say what the hell does all the above have to do with Fannie/Freddie housing bubble?

Well you tell me if YOU could have handle all the below events, while at the same time LIBERATING Iraq per the 1998 Liberation of Iraq and thus helping
the people gain 6,267% in GDP in 14 years?

Tell me what YOU'D done differently?
View attachment 202426

and THEN the 2 hour withdrawal of over a half a trillion dollars on 9/18/08 occurred

I always loved that moronic invented claim.

By the morning of September 18, money market sell orders from institutional investors totalled $0.5 trillion, out of a total market capitalization of $4 trillion, but a $105 billion liquidity injection from the Federal Reserve averted an immediate collapse.[22][23] On September 19 the U.S. Treasury offered temporary insurance (akin to Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation insurance of bank accounts) to money market funds.[24] Toward the end of the week, short selling of financial stocks was suspended by the Financial Services Authority in the United Kingdom and by the Securities and Exchange Commission in the United States.[25] Similar measures were taken by authorities in other countries.[26] Some restoration of market confidence occurred with the publicity surrounding efforts of the Treasury and the Securities Exchange Commission[27][28]

Global financial crisis in September 2008 - Wikipedia

Each day, we will recap the events of the corresponding day in 2008, as the worst crisis in 80 years built to its terrible climax.
http://online.wsj.com/public/resources/documents/09182008tdich.pdf

So you claim it was INVENTED???? Wow what a brilliant Bernard Baruch type you are! Wow "invented" after people probably 100 times worth more than you and easily smarter than you stat it was the worst crisis in 80 years....
But of course YOU know so much!

By the morning of September 18, money market sell orders from institutional investors totalled $0.5 trillion,

How does Kanjorski know that?

So you claim it was INVENTED????

Yes.

it was the worst crisis in 80 years....

It was. Even without the invented claims by politicians.

So there never WAS a crisis but it was an invention of corporations, is that what you are saying? And that while the withdrawal of $0.5 Trillion was real, there
was NO need for it as it was an INVENTION by those evil corporations, stock managers, etc. Right?

So there never WAS a crisis

There was a crisis. Millions of mortgages defaulted.
Banks lost trillions. It was in all the papers.

And that while the withdrawal of $0.5 Trillion was real,

It wasn't. Kanjorski "heard that" from somebody. Never happened.

Even if corporate profits weren’t at an all time high, there is still a feduciaery responsibility to maximize profit. How, in part. do you maximize profit? By not investing in labor and accepting the economy as is. Right now, higher wage jobs are extremely competitive among workers while lower income jobs fill quite easily.

Well there are more jobs than "qualified" people to fill them. Fortunately dummies like you that can't even pay attention to a simple red dotted line indicating you completely misspelled
"fiduciary" (feduciaery responsibility)

Even if corporate profits weren’t at an all time high, there is still a feduciaery responsibility to maximize profit. How, in part, do you maximize profit? By not investing in labor and accepting the economy as is. Right now, higher wage jobs are extremely competitive among workers while lower income jobs fill quite easily.

View attachment 201914

View attachment 201913
won't be getting those jobs because simple following instructions i.e. LIKE A LITTLE red dotted line is trying to show you is evidently too complicated!
More jobs than qualified people? Explains a lot.

Survey: GOP business executives want immigrant workers, not voters

Could have... but again... you seem to totally discount ALL the events as described below.
Did you ever consider that GWB's purpose was to KEEP the economy going IN spite of all the events that killed nearly 5,000 people, cost nearly $20 Trillion in market, real estate,
jobs, and most importantly kept Americans from going off the deep end when somethings as traumatic as 9/11, hurricanes, dot.com bust, anthrax attacks and THEN
the 2 hour withdrawal of over a half a trillion dollars on 9/18/08 occurred as well as liberating Iraq IN SPITE of traitors in the USA MSM and idiots that didn't seem to comprehend
that the 1991 War was never ended! No peace treaty signed with Saddam. And GWB was doing what Clinton signed in 1998 the Liberation of Iraq.
Today Iraq have 15 years of all the unrest that started with Saddam not giving a crap about half a million kids, the Mesopotamia destruction and 100,000s of Kurds he gassed..
After 15 years guess what: GDP per person $17,000 in 2017 versus Under Saddam Per person GDP when Saddam was removed in 2003 per capita GDP never rose above $637

So you may say what the hell does all the above have to do with Fannie/Freddie housing bubble?

Well you tell me if YOU could have handle all the below events, while at the same time LIBERATING Iraq per the 1998 Liberation of Iraq and thus helping

View attachment 202426

and THEN the 2 hour withdrawal of over a half a trillion dollars on 9/18/08 occurred

By the morning of September 18, money market sell orders from institutional investors totalled $0.5 trillion, out of a total market capitalization of $4 trillion, but a $105 billion liquidity injection from the Federal Reserve averted an immediate collapse.[22][23] On September 19 the U.S. Treasury offered temporary insurance (akin to Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation insurance of bank accounts) to money market funds.[24] Toward the end of the week, short selling of financial stocks was suspended by the Financial Services Authority in the United Kingdom and by the Securities and Exchange Commission in the United States.[25] Similar measures were taken by authorities in other countries.[26] Some restoration of market confidence occurred with the publicity surrounding efforts of the Treasury and the Securities Exchange Commission[27][28]

Each day, we will recap the events of the corresponding day in 2008, as the worst crisis in 80 years built to its terrible climax.

So you claim it was INVENTED???? Wow what a brilliant Bernard Baruch type you are! Wow "invented" after people probably 100 times worth more than you and easily smarter than you stat it was the worst crisis in 80 years....

By the morning of September 18, money market sell orders from institutional investors totalled $0.5 trillion,

Yes.

So there never WAS a crisis but it was an invention of corporations, is that what you are saying? And that while the withdrawal of $0.5 Trillion was real, there
was NO need for it as it was an INVENTION by those evil corporations, stock managers, etc. Right?

Maybe you need to check these out then!

Yes.

Why do I need to check them out?

By the morning of September 18, money market sell orders from institutional investors totalled $0.5 trillion, out of a total market capitalization of $4 trillion, but a $105 billion liquidity injection from the Federal Reserve averted an immediate collapse.

^This is based on Kanjorski's silly claims.

The rest are facts that don't help his silly claims.

Yes.

By the morning of September 18, money market sell orders from institutional investors totalled $0.5 trillion, out of a total market capitalization of $4 trillion, but a $105 billion liquidity injection from the Federal Reserve averted an immediate collapse.

Because this is YOU!

mindmadeup2.png
mindmadeup.png

Yup.
Bush goosed the mandate from 50% to 55%.

Bastard!!!

Really a dumb shit letting things go like 5% mandate!
I don't think though that GWB really had the time or inclination to pay attention as oh these other issues seem to require more immediate attention.
View attachment 202407

He did, he took Clinton's bad idea and made it even worse.

View attachment 202426

Toro

Anything you can say about this Kanjorski meme would be appreciated. Thanks!

Yes.

Because this is YOU!

View attachment 202601 View attachment 202599

Facts? That's funny.

By the morning of September 18, money market sell orders from institutional investors totalled $0.5 trillion, out of a total market capitalization of $4 trillion, but a $105 billion liquidity injection from the Federal Reserve averted an immediate collapse

Prove it. Find a source that doesn't lead back to Kanjorski, that backs this claim.

I'll wait.

Yes.

Because this is YOU!

View attachment 202601 View attachment 202599

Still looking for proof? LOL!

Forum List

Back