The Marine Corps has trained its final 8 scout snipers

Uh-huh, and who will then be doing the mission?

The Army also does not do amphibious landing training, or go out for months at a time on Navy ships as supercargo. So not sure what bringing that up has to do with much of anything to be honest.

Oh, but others do indeed use them. For the British Royal Marines, it is the Recce Troop. And yes, the Army does indeed have such a unit, the Recon Platoon. So why you are saying the Army and no other militaries have that, I have absolutely no idea. Hell, even Army PATRIOT battalions have a recon platoon.

Again, I would leave it up to USMC to revise its own doctrine without second guessing from those who know nothing about how they plan to operate.
If a large number of USMC NCOs with detailed knowledge of Tactics and Doctrine were sending out alarms, I would be concerned

Right, because people really listen to NCOs, and many would be willing to commit career suicide by doing that.
Actually, they do

NCOs are the backbone of our military.
Pentagon geeks know better than to revise Military Combat Doctrine without extensive input from NCOs

Last edited:
Dude, I am a Marine and served in the Infantry for 10 years. I know what the mission is, do you?
Yeah. Retired. Same with my wife and brother.

Here's your problem. You were in long enough and were of sufficient rank to think you know how it all works but not long enough to be actively engaged in service level long term planning. Trust me when I tell you, you don't know as much as the HQ Marine Corps when it comes to these things. There are a million considerations that have to be weighed and factored. If the Marine Corps had unlimited funds and personnel Im sure they would be glad to keep that MOS as well as many others. But they don't so decisions have to be made and thus this MOS which apparently in the eyes of those running the Marine Corps is below the cut line or can be absorbed by another MOS without significant degradation of mission capability is going away. It isnt the first and it wont be the last.

Actually, they do

And exactly how many have you seen giving in-depth interviews covering things relating to the military on TV or news reports.

The answer there is pretty much "none". Oh, I have seen tons of "Retired Majors" and tons of Generals and Colonels, but can for the most part count the number of NCOs interviewed in that manner on two hands and still have fingers left over.

Here's your problem. You were in long enough and were of sufficient rank to think you know how it all works

Oh, so I have gone from knowing nothing, to now knowing too much?

Once again, you just spin around in circles and throw out buzz words and do not actually say what any of it means.

If you dont think SNCO's are involved in these decisions, I know all I need to know.

Really? "SNCO's involved in the decisions"?

Oh yes, I can see the top Generals and Colonels getting together at the Pentagon, and calling in some Staff Sergeants and Gunny's to ask them their opinions.

And the very end pretty much says it all. You know all you need to know. Which is typical of you, you know everything but can actually validate nothing. Spinning in circles, throwing around buzz words and coprolites and trying to spin it back on anybody that challenges you.

In reality, you are more akin to John Snow.

Oh yes, I can see the top Generals and Colonels getting together at the Pentagon, and calling in some Staff Sergeants and Gunny's to ask them their opinions.

I worked for the Army for 40 years doing procurement and testing and Yes, those Generals and Colonels would not approve a fielding of new equipment without extensive testing with actual soldiers and input from NCO subject matter experts.
I also worked with TRADOC who was responsible for Training and Doctrine. They set the requirements.
They used both active and retired NCOs to help set the requirements and evaluate new equipment, training and tactics

Oh yes, a civilian in procurement and training.

Know what you call a retired Sergeant Major in TRADOC?

A civilian.

Usually a highly paid civilian
NCOs were highly valued for their hands on experience.

Any General worth his salt is going to demand input from senior NCOs on new equipment, training and tactics

Really? "SNCO's involved in the decisions"?

And the very end pretty much says it all. You know all you need to know. Which is typical of you, you know everything but can actually validate nothing. Spinning in circles, throwing around buzz words and coprolites and trying to spin it back on anybody that challenges you.

In reality, you are more akin to John Snow.

You have no idea WTF you are talking about. Just because no one asked you doesn't mean there aren't SNCO's that are asked. Maybe that says something about you and who you were as a Marine. I never had that problem personally.

You keep believing that you and you're 10 years of experience know better though.

Oh, so I have gone from knowing nothing, to now knowing too much?

Once again, you just spin around in circles and throw out buzz words and do not actually say what any of it means.
I don't think there is an MCI "Reading Comprehension for Marines" but there should be and you need to take it.

And exactly how many have you seen giving in-depth interviews covering things relating to the military on TV or news reports.

The answer there is pretty much "none". Oh, I have seen tons of "Retired Majors" and tons of Generals and Colonels, but can for the most part count the number of NCOs interviewed in that manner on two hands and still have fingers left over.
WTF does that have to do with policy or service level decisions being made and who has input into that decision?

Biden wants to have the snipers replaced by undocumented democrat voters who tend to hold the pistol sideways

If anyone need a good sniper its a recon unit... so who came up with this idea?...

If anyone need a good sniper its a recon unit... so who came up with this idea?...
HQ MC and the CMC. All people who know and understand the mission and the requirements of the Marine Corps today and in the future exponentially better than you do.

HQ MC and the CMC. All people who know and understand the mission and the requirements of the Marine Corps today and in the future exponentially better than you do.
I was active duty Marines for 23 years and reserves for 7...

I was active duty Marines for 23 years and reserves for 7...
Cool story. You still don’t know or understand the current mission requirements as well as the budgetary and personnel limitations better than the Commandant. So there’s that.

Forum List

Back