The Marine Corps has trained its final 8 scout snipers

He looks like one of the graduates. I was wondering which government agency sent him to the school to perfect that skill set.

The article said "8 Marines", but the picture shows nine people.

ya know, galt, a ceremony like that includes a moment silence or something for fallen comrades (that would be "komrads"for you guys). that poignant photograph, look the flags are dipped. ya want these guys to do what? take a knee?

happy new year

Not me. I'm gonna wish them happy hunting. :Boom2:

The Marine Corps is unique in its consolidation of reconnaissance and sniper duties for a single Marine. Most other conventional armed forces, including the U.S. Army, separate the reconnaissance soldier or scout from the sniper

May be why they are ending the Scout/Sniper School

Last edited:
He is a retired Marine MSgt, probably one of the instructors
Probably a good answer. I have no doubt other agencies getting somebody into that training, but they probably would not be standing for a published group photo.

Biden sets Marine Corps tactics and training?
jesus. just because trump is so "hands on" with the military, we didn't vote for biden because he is smarter than the generals, we voted for biden because some dunning kreuger nutcase thinks HE is smarter than the generals.

Eight Marines graduated from the last Scout Sniper Course at the School of Infantry-East at Camp Geiger, North Carolina, on Dec. 15.

The graduation marks the end of a long era that stretches back as far as World War I, when the Marine Corps first used scout snipers, according to retired Master Sgt. Tim Parkhurst, CEO of the USMC Scout Sniper Association.

The final graduates of the scout sniper course won’t receive the scout sniper military occupational specialty, but “they will play a vital role of ensuring infantry battalions retain scouting and precision marksmanship capabilities while the training and curriculum necessary to meet fleet requirements is finalized and approved,” Marine Corps Training and Education Command spokesman Maj. Joshua Pena said in an email to Marine Corps Times on Wednesday.

Marines remove scout sniper platoons from infantry battalions

In February, the Marine Corps announced it was cutting infantry battalions’ scout sniper platoons and replacing them with scout platoons specifically focused on reconnaissance.

Previously, Marine infantry battalions had scout sniper platoons, made up of formally trained marksmen who also had reconnaissance skills, along with Marines who received on-the-job training."

Why must the .mil keep relearning the same lesson time after time? :banghead:

It seems with every major conflict the .mil comes up short when it comes to sniper training.

For some reason there has always been a reluctance in our high command circles to formally train snipers.....To be honest i'm surprised current go-round has lasted this long.
Not the first time our military has reduced its sniper core just to find out later it was a mistake. Ya you would think they would learn. One of my best friends from high school was a marine Corp sniper for 8 years. He later switched to under water welding to obtain skills useful after retirement. That switch served him very well. He now collects marine Corp. Retirement and flat makes bank as an under water welder.

The Marine Corps is unique in its consolidation of reconnaissance and sniper duties for a single Marine. Most other conventional armed forces, including the U.S. Army, separate the reconnaissance soldier or scout from the sniper

May be why they are ending the Scout/Sniper School
it is real handy if your scout can shoot , and a sniper has a good view of the terrain. this is like peanut butter and chocolate.

besides. "observant" is the only way to stay alive where those guys might go.

for White 6 and a few others above . the class likely was more than eight students, 8 of them marines, the audience for this was likely similar to "navy times" so the focus?

surely you don't think this puts an elite sniper team under cover to kill biden (relax guys. this guy is not jfk) but there are a few situations where a sniper could quite handy,

Probably a change in tactics where they don’t rely on sniper platoons
And you got two thumbs ups for that?

That's like saying, "hey, Wallgreens is closing it's stores in San Francisco. Probably a change in market strategy where they don't rely on selling things in San Francisco."

Not a darkie, feminist, or tranny in the bunch. This just goes to show that white peoples is evil and they'll kill you from far away. :04:

View attachment 880276
What's with the hair?

Dadgum Hippies!

Just kidding. Those guys are far more badass than ANTIFA's "Commander Red."

And you got two thumbs ups for that?

That's like saying, "hey, Wallgreens is closing it's stores in San Francisco. Probably a change in market strategy where they don't rely on selling things in San Francisco."

I think the key is that Marines are not abandoning Snipers, just how they use them

And which kook-right conspiracy website told you that was happening?

Again, I'll trust that The Marines know what they're doing.

It isn't the Marines you have to worry about, it's their higher ups at the top of he chain of command.

Forum List

Back