The Marine Corps has trained its final 8 scout snipers

Drones only fire missles which make a much bigger mess and have a significantly more involved kill chain because of it. Also people can see drones.
We know life is cheap in many areas of the planet. Here we still pay off people for questionable, murder and accidental deaths to relatives whether right or wrong. It seems it cheap for American soldiers and officials as we have seen over the years with callous political leadership.

Like it or not it seems that Seals pretty much work under the direction of CIA while the Marine Corps is a independent branch of the Military. Something ain't right if Seals still crank out scout snipers while the Marines quit the program.

Like it or not it seems that Seals pretty much work under the direction of CIA while the Marine Corps is an independent branch of the Military. Something ain't right if Seals still crank out scout snipers while the Marines quit the program.
The Marine Corps is retooling the force to get back to its primary mission set. Scout snipers didn’t make the cut.

The Marine Corps is retooling the force to get back to its primary mission set. Scout snipers didn’t make the cut.
Carlos Hathcock would beg to differ if he could. Something ain't right when Seals who are trained to navigate rubber boats end up sniping from a building in the desert.

Carlos Hathcock would beg to differ if he could. Something ain't right when Seals who are trained to navigate rubber boats end up sniping from a building in the desert.

Thanks for illustrating that you dont know the core mission set of the Marine Corps.

Thanks for illustrating that you dont know the core mission set of the Marine Corps.
Does anybody who has ever served in the Military think that snipers aren't (weren't) included in the mission of the Marine Corps? Maybe the USMC closed down the Camp Geiger training base and snipers are trained on some Army center or maybe the CIA decided that only rubber boat Seals would be trained as snipers.

Does anybody who has ever served in the Military think that snipers aren't (weren't) included in the mission of the Marine Corps? Maybe the USMC closed down the Camp Geiger training base and snipers are trained on some Army center or maybe the CIA decided that only rubber boat Seals would be trained as snipers.
Hmmm let’s see my 23 years in the Marine Corps, my wife’s 20’and my brother’s 23 gives me a little insight to what the core mission set might be.

Oh and I’m pretty sure the CMC knows more than you regarding the mission of the Marine Corps. So there’s that.

Scout Sniper was a position unique to the Marine Corps. Other countries do not have it, the Army doesn’t use it. Doesn’t mean they will stop having Snipers, just that they won’t combine the roles of Scout with that of a Sniper

Which is what, exactly?

In the last several years I have watched them remove the automatic weapon from the Rifle Squad, and the Tanks completely.

And what is it about their mission that does not need scouts?

Please inform us, what is that mission? Because the job of a Scout-Sniper is a hell of a lot more than just being a sniper.

Which is what, exactly?

In the last several years I have watched them remove the automatic weapon from the Rifle Squad, and the Tanks completely.

Please inform us, what is that mission? Because the job of a Scout-Sniper is a hell of a lot more than just being a sniper.
You don't know the Marine Corps primary mission and you're on here criticizing how the CMC is shaping the force? FOH

Which is what, exactly?

From what I read, it does not mean the Marines are getting rid of scouts or getting rid of snipers. They just won’t have separate Scout Sniper Platoons.

The Army doesn't use them and no other nation deploys that way.

I am sure the decision was not made by some geek in the Pentagon who has never seen combat. I would assume Senior NCOs with decades of experience were consulted on training and tactics.

From what I read, it does not mean the Marines are getting rid of scouts or getting rid of snipers. They just won’t have separate Scout Sniper Platoons.

The Army doesn't use them and no other nation deploys that way.

Uh-huh, and who will then be doing the mission?

The Army also does not do amphibious landing training, or go out for months at a time on Navy ships as supercargo. So not sure what bringing that up has to do with much of anything to be honest.

Oh, but others do indeed use them. For the British Royal Marines, it is the Recce Troop. And yes, the Army does indeed have such a unit, the Recon Platoon. So why you are saying the Army and no other militaries have that, I have absolutely no idea. Hell, even Army PATRIOT battalions have a recon platoon.

Forum List

Back