The Marine Corps has trained its final 8 scout snipers

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2021
Shenandoah Valley of Virginia
Eight Marines graduated from the last Scout Sniper Course at the School of Infantry-East at Camp Geiger, North Carolina, on Dec. 15.

The graduation marks the end of a long era that stretches back as far as World War I, when the Marine Corps first used scout snipers, according to retired Master Sgt. Tim Parkhurst, CEO of the USMC Scout Sniper Association.

The final graduates of the scout sniper course won’t receive the scout sniper military occupational specialty, but “they will play a vital role of ensuring infantry battalions retain scouting and precision marksmanship capabilities while the training and curriculum necessary to meet fleet requirements is finalized and approved,” Marine Corps Training and Education Command spokesman Maj. Joshua Pena said in an email to Marine Corps Times on Wednesday.

Marines remove scout sniper platoons from infantry battalions

In February, the Marine Corps announced it was cutting infantry battalions’ scout sniper platoons and replacing them with scout platoons specifically focused on reconnaissance.

Previously, Marine infantry battalions had scout sniper platoons, made up of formally trained marksmen who also had reconnaissance skills, along with Marines who received on-the-job training."

Why must the .mil keep relearning the same lesson time after time? :banghead:

It seems with every major conflict the .mil comes up short when it comes to sniper training.

For some reason there has always been a reluctance in our high command circles to formally train snipers.....To be honest i'm surprised current go-round has lasted this long.

Last edited:
now ya done it 1srelluc . this new woke corps has got to reconsider this. those guys are nice to have around.

this is a tradition that

just thinking about those rifle range positions. i could barely do the sitting in boot camp if i tried now, i'd never get out of it.

couldn't we have had this civil war thing 50 years ago?

happy new year.

Eight Marines graduated from the last Scout Sniper Course at the School of Infantry-East at Camp Geiger, North Carolina, on Dec. 15.

The graduation marks the end of a long era that stretches back as far as World War I, when the Marine Corps first used scout snipers, according to retired Master Sgt. Tim Parkhurst, CEO of the USMC Scout Sniper Association.

The final graduates of the scout sniper course won’t receive the scout sniper military occupational specialty, but “they will play a vital role of ensuring infantry battalions retain scouting and precision marksmanship capabilities while the training and curriculum necessary to meet fleet requirements is finalized and approved,” Marine Corps Training and Education Command spokesman Maj. Joshua Pena said in an email to Marine Corps Times on Wednesday.

In February, the Marine Corps announced it was cutting infantry battalions’ scout sniper platoons and replacing them with scout platoons specifically focused on reconnaissance.

Previously, Marine infantry battalions had scout sniper platoons, made up of formally trained marksmen who also had reconnaissance skills, along with Marines who received on-the-job training."

It seems with every major conflict the .mil comes up short when it comes to sniper training.

For some reason there has always been a reluctance in our high command circles to formally train snipers.....To be honest i'm surprised current go-round has lasted this long.

Not a darkie, feminist, or tranny in the bunch. This just goes to show that white peoples is evil and they'll kill you from far away. :04:

snipers.jpg

I have never been a Marine. In our family, that would be my older brother. I do know a little about tactics and organization, though. I cannot imagine a type of operation where I would need a whole platoon of snipers, though that skill set is so valuable to have as part of a normal reconnaissance operations, operating in small force, out beyond, as well as in support any direct combat operations. It is hard to figure, why they would do away with the MOS, if that is what they are doing.

They all look angry, except the short guy in the middle. He's up to something, I know.

Lots of "thousand yard stares" in that bunch. :laughing0301:

If you do not look angry in a picture as a Marine you get in trouble

Another example of Potatohead weakening the military. Just like his Chinese handlers paid him to do.

Last edited:
You know i wonder if all the "sniper" movies that have come out in the last few years has had a perceived image impact on the .mil?

I was looking at Netflix for something to watch the other evening and there were at least four recently added "sniper" movies.

The guy in the blue is probably their trainer.

He's laughing because he diddled with the windage and elevation on their scopes and loosened the mounts after they graduated.

They're in for a big surprise.

Why do we need snipers when we have drones?
i guess the new marines will be 12 year old kids flying drones from computers in some woke kindegarden

i'd think, that an elite team of marksmen would be a great recruiting tool, kinda like the blue angels or the marine band? and if you needed a team like that to do a job that required more secrecy than possible with a flying internal combustion engine?

happy new years joe. fair winds and following seas.

The guy in the blue is probably their trainer.

He's laughing because he diddled with the windage and elevation on their scopes and loosened the mounts after they graduated.

They're in for a big surprise.
He looks like one of the graduates. I was wondering which government agency sent him to the school to perfect that skill set.

Forum List

Back