The Main Problems With Electric Cars

Range is in the mind as you can stop and charge before running out. I'll bet you'll be driving an EV as soon as the majority adopt it.

What kind of oven/stove do you have?
Currently in this apartment I have an electric...
But when I buy/build a house again I'll be using gas. Gas is soooo much better for the majority of cooking I do. Gosh I miss my gas stove. I got one that did convection baking too...so awesome with the volume I could put out.

Range is in the mind as you can stop and charge before running out. I'll bet you'll be driving an EV as soon as the majority adopt it.

What kind of oven/stove do you have?
Fears are reality for most people.
Just ask any antivaxxer.

The Main Problems That Electric Car Owners Face
>

The main problems include risks of fire, and that EVs are not safe. There is the case of too much high-tech wizardry, charger compatibility, vehicle costs, and financing of charging stations, just to name a few.

It is obvious the EV technology has a long way to go to be a viable replacement for gasoline and diesel vehicles.
In the UK, the main issue is charging. The charge point infrastructure is below poor, and not getting better at a reasonable pace. A third of motorists can't charge from home.

Also, cost. They're just too expensive. I know the pro-EVers claim they will come down, but they haven't.

People go on about how the range of EV's is getting better, prices are gonna come down as they get popular, bla bla.. but what doesn't seem to sink in with them is, millions cannot charge from home, the physical layout and style of many homes in the UK does not support charging from home.

The Main Problems That Electric Car Owners Face
>

The main problems include risks of fire, and that EVs are not safe. There is the case of too much high-tech wizardry, charger compatibility, vehicle costs, and financing of charging stations, just to name a few.

It is obvious the EV technology has a long way to go to be a viable replacement for gasoline and diesel vehicles.

Lithium-Ion battery power is piss poor technology for vehicles.

They are heavy, low power, short range, dangerous, expensive, short lived, unreliable, hard to charge and are an ecological disaster to produce and dispose of.

In the UK, the main issue is charging. The charge point infrastructure is below poor, and not getting better at a reasonable pace. A third of motorists can't charge from home.

Also, cost. They're just too expensive. I know the pro-EVers claim they will come down, but they haven't.

People go on about how the range of EV's is getting better, prices are gonna come down as they get popular, bla bla.. but what doesn't seem to sink in with them is, millions cannot charge from home, the physical layout and style of many homes in the UK does not support charging from home.
Charging is much more of a problem than the Environmental Wackos would like for us to know.

There are many places in the US that you can't drive from one large city to another with an electric car because of no charging stations. I saw a map recently. Like you can't drive from Wichita KS to Denver CO with the range of an EV.

Of course the filthy ass Libtard's answer to this major problem is to use tax payer's money to build more charging stations.

Why the fuck should the government use the money that I earn to pay for your electric car charging station? Why the hell don't you pay for it yourself if you want to drive one of the dumb things? That oppressive shit is in Joe Potatohead's "infrastructure" bill.

Currently in this apartment I have an electric...
But when I buy/build a house again I'll be using gas. Gas is soooo much better for the majority of cooking I do. Gosh I miss my gas stove. I got one that did convection baking too...so awesome with the volume I could put out.
I think electric is better for most baking and making pizza. I think stuff like meats, pasta, vegetable dishes, etc. is by preference. Electric is definitely faster heating and better heat distribution. For convection cooking, I'm not sure. I suppose gas could win some of those.

This is true for roughly half of the American homes as well. Only half live in single family homes...the rest live in apartments with no access to plugging in a car.

I think electric is better for most baking and making pizza. I think stuff like meats, pasta, vegetable dishes, etc. is by preference. Electric is definitely faster heating and better heat distribution. For convection cooking, I'm not sure. I suppose gas could win some of those.
As a recovered professional chef...
You are dead wrong.

Most of the busiest bakeries use gas fired ovens. In fact in NY most of the pizza taste of petroleum because it's cooked over coal...as in a coal fired oven. (Absolutely delicious)

Every commercial kitchen of any standing uses gas...not electric.

Charging is much more of a problem than the Environmental Wackos would like for us to know.

There are many places in the US that you can't drive from one large city to another with an electric car because of no charging stations. I saw a map recently. Like you can't drive from Wichita KS to Denver CO with the range of an EV.

Of course the filthy ass Libtard's answer to this major problem is to use tax payer's money to build more charging stations.

Why the fuck should the government use the money that I earn to pay for your electric car charging station? Why the hell don't you pay for it yourself if you want to drive one of the dumb things? That oppressive shit is in Joe Potatohead's "infrastructure" bill.
And there's been brown outs in California from electricity shortages....rolling blackouts from electricity shortages as well...so now with EVs putting further demand on the electricity they have, it's all supposed to work better? I don't think so.

And there's been brown outs in California from electricity shortages....rolling blackouts from electricity shortages as well...so now with EVs putting further demand on the electricity they have, it's all supposed to work better? I don't think so.

We have seen nutin yet. Just wait until we transfer all the energy that is dispersed at gas stations to be carried over the power grid.

Gas is soooo much better for the majority of cooking I do. Gosh I miss my gas stove.

I remember my last electric range. If the pot wasn't heavy enough to press the electric coil flat, heat transfer was very poor.

You could always dramatically improve the heating of the container by simply pressing down on it forcing a tighter bond to the coil.

ITMT, all of the rest of the heat was being lost, radiating downward and away.

Thats stupid

No normal person is going to add extra batteries to the trunk of their electric car

and there are few people who are that abnormal

And exactly what is "Normal". When they put you together, did they put in a brain from A.B. Normal? In my trunk area, I have a battery and fuel. If I needed more fuel or a bigger battery, it's not such a stretch to increase that capacity

Internal combustion engines used for transportation and industry will be around for the foreseeable future. Electric vehicles will continue to encroach on casual driving. Its just a better product than conventional automobiles.

Then let's compromise and agree that HYBRIDS (which are electrically driven) are far better deals all around. And INCLUDE them as choices for Federal subsidies and count THEM in fleet mileage standards.

A SUPERIOR Electric Vehicle which is not a rolling lifetime pollution hazard to dispose of or recycle would be Fuel Cell electrics running on Hydrogen. The only reason THEY are still too expensive is that YOUR side uses young political science and minority studies major to REDESIGN our energy system and refuses to INCLUDE them in all the govt picking of winners/losers. You should STOP THAT.. It doesn't produce results that matter.

Then let's compromise and agree that HYBRIDS (which are electrically driven) are far better deals all around. And INCLUDE them as choices for Federal subsidies and count THEM in fleet mileage standards.

A SUPERIOR Electric Vehicle which is not a rolling lifetime pollution hazard to dispose of or recycle would be Fuel Cell electrics running on Hydrogen. The only reason THEY are still too expensive is that YOUR side uses young political science and minority studies major to REDESIGN our energy system and refuses to INCLUDE them in all the govt picking of winners/losers. You should STOP THAT.. It doesn't produce results that matter.

My side?

And exactly what is "Normal". When they put you together, did they put in a brain from A.B. Normal? In my trunk area, I have a battery and fuel. If I needed more fuel or a bigger battery, it's not such a stretch to increase that capacity

Be fun to watch you TRY that hare-brained idea. Please make a video of the trial run for me.. LOL...

Gee fuel AND batteries? = bigger mushroom cloud !! Lead acid? 12V? Got the schematics to hook it up? Think there's some kind of plus/minus that you hook into? :dev3:

Sad that's all you focused on. Because it's so trivial compared to what you chose NOT to respond to -- I'll take it that you only want to brawl.

But yeah -- "YOUR SIDE" is destroying the energy infrastructure of this country in the WRONG ORDER of designing a new one. Kinda like getting Afghan withdrawal bass-ackwards. Except THIS debacle is gonna hurt/kill more Americans.

You want to EXPAND grid generation to CHARGE all these electrics that you're mandating but have NO FREAKING IDEA how you KILL fossil fuels FIRST and then INCREASE electricity production 30 to 35% ABOVE what we need today before early mandates of Evehicles.

That's insane. It figures tho and can be expected from a party that lacks any kind of connection to how things work.

If its your car you can do what you want

but most of us are not are mot going folliw you into stiffing their trunk with batteries

Sad that's all you focused on. Because it's so trivial compared to what you chose NOT to respond to -- I'll take it that you only want to brawl.

But yeah -- "YOUR SIDE" is destroying the energy infrastructure of this country in the WRONG ORDER of designing a new one. Kinda like getting Afghan withdrawal bass-ackwards. Except THIS debacle is gonna hurt/kill more Americans.

You want to EXPAND grid generation to CHARGE all these electrics that you're mandating but have NO FREAKING IDEA how you KILL fossil fuels FIRST and then INCREASE electricity production 30 to 35% ABOVE what we need today before early mandates of Evehicles.

That's insane. It figures tho and can be expected from a party that lacks any kind of connection to how things work.

Ok... :wtf:

Be fun to watch you TRY that hare-brained idea. Please make a video of the trial run for me.. LOL...

Gee fuel AND batteries? = bigger mushroom cloud !! Lead acid? 12V? Got the schematics to hook it up? Think there's some kind of plus/minus that you hook into? :dev3:

Here it is and it's a daily driver. I carry 2 gallons of gas under the rear entry floor and the battery is also in that area. If I wanted, I could easily drop the two rear seats down and haul just about any amount of fuel within the weight limits which are considerable. This car would actually make a great Gas to Electric conversion since it has so much room in the rear. It's my "Grocery Getter, with an Attitude". The problem is, when I bought it, I paid 4 grand for it. It now books for just short of 8 grand.

BTW, Chrysler is thinking about reentroducing it sometime around 2026 and that would be an electric.

2005-dodge-magnum-rt-photo-40104-s-986x603.jpg

Here it is and it's a daily driver. I carry 2 gallons of gas under the rear entry floor and the battery is also in that area. If I wanted, I could easily drop the two rear seats down and haul just about any amount of fuel within the weight limits which are considerable. This car would actually make a great Gas to Electric conversion since it has so much room in the rear. It's my "Grocery Getter, with an Attitude". The problem is, when I bought it, I paid 4 grand for it. It now books for just short of 8 grand.

BTW, Chrysler is thinking about reentroducing it sometime around 2026 and that would be an electric.

2005-dodge-magnum-rt-photo-40104-s-986x603.jpg

With the gasoline and battery back in the strike zone I do believe you have just re-invented the Ford Pinto!

Best you not buy a new car; instead buy more life insurance.

Forum List

Back