The Main Problems With Electric Cars

Stopleak will actually block up a heater core so it won't work anymore.

Yeah, not the best way of fixing a drippy heater core, but at least it stops the leak on your floor. It's a Hail Mary play. If you can get the air pockets out of the core, you stand a better chance of it just fixing the leak. Either way, once a heater core goes, you are bound to be needing to replace it sooner or later.

The major problem with electric cars, and others as well, is that people want ones that are too big, heavy and over powered. An electric car similar to the dimensions and horsepower of the VW Beetle would be much more in line with reason.

Which Beetle compartment do I shove 2 carseats, 1/4 ton of mulch or 2 bales of hay and my dog in? That's what I NEED to live in Hillbilly Hollywood..

Yeah, right

just stick them in the trunk I suppose

Just because either you can't think of it or you are encapable of doing it, it must be wrong. Actually, the trunk is exactly where the batteries go in a conversion.

Which Beetle compartment do I shove 2 carseats, 1/4 ton of mulch or 2 bales of hay and my dog in? That's what I NEED to live in Hillbilly Hollywood..

Flacc, you just have to be willing to go that extra mile-- -- --

overloaded-vehicles-3.jpg

936918dd1.jpg

Just because either you can't think of it or you are encapable of doing it, it must be wrong. Actually, the trunk is exactly where the batteries go in a conversion.
And what fo you do for trunk space?

Lithium Batteries develop cracks in it's storage medium over it's lifespan...and as those cracks develop the battery's ability to store a charge is reduced. Driving on bumpy roads has to affect it.

So no matter how far the battery works when new, as it ages it's going to degrade. And having range fears is a realistic fear. Especially if traveling from Idaho to South Dakota for a Harley convention. The charging stations going through Wyoming or Montana are going to be too few and far in between. The exits for gasoline or diesel are already 80+ miles apart... cell phone service is also spotty at best.

And an EV truck is going to work? Yeah...right.

The Main Problems That Electric Car Owners Face
>

The main problems include risks of fire, and that EVs are not safe. There is the case of too much high-tech wizardry, charger compatibility, vehicle costs, and financing of charging stations, just to name a few.

It is obvious the EV technology has a long way to go to be a viable replacement for gasoline and diesel vehicles.

Every major car and truck manufacturer disagrees with you.

Just to name a few.

Every major car and truck manufacturer disagrees with you.

Of course they do. They are being pressured by the government into venturing into a whole new market full of pitfalls while abandoning their bread and butter, and they want you to BUY their product! Not tell you it is flawed.

You don't get to find that out until you are committed to EVs.

Lithium Batteries develop cracks in it's storage medium over it's lifespan...and as those cracks develop the battery's ability to store a charge is reduced. Driving on bumpy roads has to affect it.

So no matter how far the battery works when new, as it ages it's going to degrade. And having range fears is a realistic fear. Especially if traveling from Idaho to South Dakota for a Harley convention. The charging stations going through Wyoming or Montana are going to be too few and far in between. The exits for gasoline or diesel are already 80+ miles apart... cell phone service is also spotty at best.

I get about 7 years out of lithium PO packs. If the construction is good then it may last more than 10 years with minor maint.

Actually, Electric Busses and light delivery trucks are already here and growing steadily.
From what I’ve been reading lately, everyone attempting to use electric busses are taking them out of service. Battery problems, lack of range, frames cracking on some models, chargers that don’t work AND they cost twice as much as an ICE powered bus.

not when they dont fix the car,, thats why you pay them,,

I'm gonna go ahead and call bullshit and say I dont believe a word youre saying,,
Mechanics I’ve gone to quote a price. If they run under, it’s money in their pocket, if they run over, it’s money out of their pocket. If they buy bad parts it’s on them, not me. The only time I had a problem with mechanics charging to not fix a problem, it was on a RV and the warrantee was paying. After three dealers couldn’t fix the problem, I took it to an independent mechanic and he found the primary fuel filter was full of dirt. It cost me fifty bucks parts and labor for a permanent fix.

How hard would it be to fabricate mobile swap station? The tow industry will be stupid not to be ready for this. They aren't.
The cars have to be engineered for battery swaps and the manufacturers will have to agree on standard battery packs. So far there is no evidence that any car builders are interested in commonality.

Mechanics I’ve gone to quote a price. If they run under, it’s money in their pocket, if they run over, it’s money out of their pocket. If they buy bad parts it’s on them, not me. The only time I had a problem with mechanics charging to not fix a problem, it was on a RV and the warrantee was paying. After three dealers couldn’t fix the problem, I took it to an independent mechanic and he found the primary fuel filter was full of dirt. It cost me fifty bucks parts and labor for a permanent fix.
RV's are the worst,, I hear if you have a problem its better to set it on fire and collect insurance and buy another one,,

and never buy new,, buy used after theyve found and sorted all the problems,,

Wear a really big fanny pack, what else, cupcake.
Thats stupid

No normal person is going to add extra batteries to the trunk of their electric car

and there are few people who are that abnormal

And everything you posted is wrong, particulary this;
1641362892871.png

Range, power, towing ability in a pickup;

Engine, Transmission, and Performance

The Cybertruck is available with not just one, not just two, but three electric motors. While the single-motor truck has rear-wheel drive, the two- and three-motor models have all-wheel drive. Tesla claims it'll go from zero to 60 mph in 6.5 seconds and top out at 110 mph. The dual-motor Cybertruck will reportedly reach 60 mph in just 4.5 ticks and have a top speed of 120 mph. Those looking for the ultimate performance will appreciate the three-motor model, which Tesla says will essentially teleport from zero to 60 mph in 2.9 seconds (!) with a top speed of 130 mph. All Cybertrucks have an adjustable air suspension that can be raised or lowered on the fly and provides up to 16 inches of ground clearance. Add that to its 35-degree approach and 28-degree departure angles and the Tesla pickup could prove to be a formidable off-road machine.

And everything you posted is wrong, particulary this;
View attachment 583721

Range, power, towing ability in a pickup;

Engine, Transmission, and Performance

The Cybertruck is available with not just one, not just two, but three electric motors. While the single-motor truck has rear-wheel drive, the two- and three-motor models have all-wheel drive. Tesla claims it'll go from zero to 60 mph in 6.5 seconds and top out at 110 mph. The dual-motor Cybertruck will reportedly reach 60 mph in just 4.5 ticks and have a top speed of 120 mph. Those looking for the ultimate performance will appreciate the three-motor model, which Tesla says will essentially teleport from zero to 60 mph in 2.9 seconds (!) with a top speed of 130 mph. All Cybertrucks have an adjustable air suspension that can be raised or lowered on the fly and provides up to 16 inches of ground clearance. Add that to its 35-degree approach and 28-degree departure angles and the Tesla pickup could prove to be a formidable off-road machine.

Still wouldn't touch it with a ten foot pole...

They only make up 2% of sales.
They can't pull a 12 hr shift.

When they actually make fire trucks, Emergency Ambulances, and farm tractors all EV...I might look (but still not buy) at them.

What's the technical name for the gas engine? Internal COMBUSTION engine. KABOOM! You just died in an explosion or burned 50% of your body. EVs are less likely to burn and explode than gas engines.

I figured may as well take advantage of the benefits of driving an EV/hybrid before others get it. By then, it will be too late to enjoy the benefits one gets now for being an early adopter. Some are beginning to charge for use after two hours and you have to get their card key that knows whose card to charge.

Last edited:
It still doesn't negate range fears. That's not going to fix it. EVs are still such a minor percentage of cars sold or on the marketplace that parts aren't available readily or easily.

And even old vehicles like an 88 model Ford truck...the mechanics can get used parts all day long from just about everywhere.
Range is in the mind as you can stop and charge before running out. I'll bet you'll be driving an EV as soon as the majority adopt it.

What kind of oven/stove do you have?

Forum List

Back