Zone1 The Little Mermaid Is Teaching Black Kids to Hate White People

Status
Not open for further replies.
They say brainwashed and coached. Since when do little kids give a hoot if a movie character has the same colored skin as they do?
I don't know how old you are but did you also have such a fit when Elizabeth Taylor played the Egyptian queen Cleopatra in a movie? At least Cleopatra was a real person in history, not a Disney character.

I don't know how old you are but did you also have such a fit when Elizabeth Taylor played the Egyptian queen Cleopatra in a movie? At least Cleopatra was a real person in history, not a Disney character.
Cleopatra was a Hellenistic Greek. A European… Never saw the film, but probably not what I’d lead with if I were to take issue…

Cleopatra was a Hellenistic Greek. A European… Never saw the film, but probably not what I’d lead with if I were to take issue…
Cleopatra probably had southern Mediterranean coloring - a light olive tone - common with Greeks. I don’t know what Newsvine was implying.

Is Ariel a real person
Cleopatra probably had southern Mediterranean coloring - a light olive tone - common with Greeks. I don’t know what Newsvine was implying.
Neither does she. She doesn’t know what she thought she was talking about when it came to Cleopatra. It’s documented history, and undisputed. We have the receipts.

Let's recap, shall we?

Um, hey dipshit?

Never did I claim that Phelps was an expert swimmer when he first tried it.

I was responding to your ignorant comment that "Most blacks can't swim because they don't float well. They have less body fat than Whites."

Nowhere did you say "Most blacks have a difficult time learning to swim", you said "Most blacks can't swim because they don't float well. They have less body fat than Whites."

What a retarded thing to say.

If a person's low percentage of body fat played precluded someone from being able to swim, which is what you said, then Michael Phelps wouldn't have all those medals...

Um, if they sink like a rock the first time they go swimming, they're not swimming.

They're sinking...

Aside from that being a somewhat racist comment, none of it has anything remotely to do with what's being discussed...
The problem with race-baiting assholes like you is you cannot handle a little honest discussion about race.

I used to be a Green Beret....and most blacks washed out early because none of them can swim. I swam like a fish. If you can't tread water you'll never be accepted in the Special Forces. Same with the SEALs. Most blacks cannot pass the swimtest.

While Cleopatra's complete ethnicity is still in dispute, I'll give you that it might not have been the best example, but one that readily comes to mind. Nonetheless all of the screenplay writers take artistic license when telling the story and may stray from specific facts while doing so.

Liz Taylor playing Cleopatra is listed among the 25 below.

25 Times White Actors Played People Of Color And No One Really Gave A S**t

The problem with race-baiting assholes like you is you cannot handle a little honest discussion about race.

I used to be a Green Beret....and most blacks washed out early because none of them can swim. I swam like a fish. If you can't tread water you'll never be accepted in the Special Forces. Same with the SEALs. Most blacks cannot pass the swimtest.
The issue is you claiming that MOST black people can't swim, based on your LIMITED experiences.

While Cleopatra's complete ethnicity is still in dispute, I'll give you that it might not have been the best example, but one that readily comes to mind. Nonetheless all of the screenplay writers take artistic license when telling the story and may stray from specific facts while doing so.

Liz Taylor playing Cleopatra is listed among the 25 below.

25 Times White Actors Played People Of Color And No One Really Gave A S**t
No. It’s not in question. By any credible source. You should have picked John Wayne playing Ghengis Kahn…

You said that most blacks couldn't swim because they had low body fat.

If low body fat kept someone from being able to swim, then Olympic swimmers, as well as your (alleged) green beret brethren, would all be fat...

The issue isn't the mermaids race it's that the writers felt the need to point it out, in a kids animated cartoon at that.

It's insulting that some pretend racism is a trait of "the other guy" while they focus on it far more obsessively than the average citizen who is just trying to get by. Then they gaslight everyone in talk shows and late night t.v.

How many white people have you seen acting in movies, TV shows, and commercials lately opposed to black people?

What in the world are you babbling about now?

Right. We're crazy, but the parents pushing and filming their children saying "oh my gosh the mermaid looks just like me!" aren't. :rolleyes:

What does Biden have to do with this?

Actually she's brown, but yeah it's racist since they're making such a big deal out of this.

Yeah but they had a specific design for her in the original so if it isn't broke why fix it?

How do you know? Are you a mind reader?

Nope she isn't.

Oh my gosh that's real!? I just looked it up and apparently it is. Now the left is going to be having a major temper tantrum. (Rightfully so too, but my how the tables have turned.)

Yeah, so why make such a big deal out of it by saying "yay she's dark!!" :D
Was asking for facts not innuendo or subjective bias.
something along the lines of a celebrity that claimed they were not allowed a part because the producer told them they were white. Perhaps a sigin or statement at a casting call that says whites need not apply.

I actually have sympathy for this actress. Disney used her as a stooge. For her this could be a break out moment; and who wouldn’t say “yes” to be in a leading role in a Disney film? Especially if this is your first shot. Now she caught in the political crossfire. Disney is scum. They knew this was coming.

The issue is you claiming that MOST black people can't swim, based on your LIMITED experiences.
No....not limited experiences. It's just a fact.
I spent 5 years in the Navy and did Scuba, Snorkling, and during my off time I lived in a pool.
In the Army we had to be able to pass a swim test every year for certification to stay on an A Team.
I tried teaching my wife how to swim....but she never could do it.

You said that most blacks couldn't swim because they had low body fat.

If low body fat kept someone from being able to swim, then Olympic swimmers, as well as your (alleged) green beret brethren, would all be fat...
Most Green Berets are 5' 10" and muscular. Some of us are gymrats but we were usually around 25-30 years old and highly experienced in our MOS. What separates us from the rest is we're tough and can haul a ruck for miles. It also helps that we can train a Brigade size element pretty much by ourselves without any supervision.
Normal guys have 10-12% body fat from all of that beer drinking. Many young blacks have a lot less.

No....not limited experiences. It's just a fact.
I spent 5 years in the Navy and did Scuba, Snorkling, and during my off time I lived in a pool.
In the Army we had to be able to pass a swim test every year for certification to stay on an A Team.
I tried teaching my wife how to swim....but she never could do it.
And you think your wife never learned to swim because she's Black?

And your experiences are limited. They don't represent the experiences of the entire rest of the country.

My first job was at a swimming pool during the summers between high school grades. We all used to teach kids to swim and also and had adult swim classes in the evenings.

I have not studied the issue but I would surmise that adults have trouble swimming if they are afraid of the water and tense up instead of relaxing in order to float. I've also found that it's easier to get them to float on their backs first or once they've learned to hold their breath for an extended period of time to just do a dead man's float in order for them to become accustomed to the way the water interacts with them. Once they realize that they can put their faces in the water or sit on the bottom of the pool without anything bad happening to them, then they can usually move on to actually enjoying being in the water and can then learn how to swim.

I am not a strong swimmer in spite of having spent every day in the day when I was younger during the summer and I realize it's partially because at this point in my life I just don't feel relaxed and apparently do not actually relax sufficiently while in the water.

But I can swim well enough to make it to the side of the pool :)

And you think your wife never learned to swim because she's Black?

And your experiences are limited. They don't represent the experiences of the entire rest of the country.

My first job was at a swimming pool during the summers between high school grades. We all used to teach kids to swim and also and had adult swim classes in the evenings.

I have not studied the issue but I would surmise that adults have trouble swimming if they are afraid of the water and tense up instead of relaxing in order to float. I've also found that it's easier to get them to float on their backs first or once they've learned to hold their breath for an extended period of time to just do a dead man's float in order for them to become accustomed to the way the water interacts with them. Once they realize that they can put their faces in the water or sit on the bottom of the pool without anything bad happening to them, then they can usually move on to actually enjoying being in the water and can then learn how to swim.

I am not a strong swimmer in spite of having spent every day in the day when I was younger during the summer and I realize it's partially because at this point in my life I just don't feel relaxed and apparently do not actually relax sufficiently while in the water.

But I can swim well enough to make it to the side of the pool :)
I think it has something to do with genetics. It's just a simple fact that most of the blacks wash out because they can't swim. The instructors at JFKSWCS said that's just a fact.
Some of them were real studs...but muscle bound and sank to the bottom of the pool like a rock.
I used to be a springboard diver. So I spent years in a pool. I could swim like a fish.
I tried teaching my wife how to swim like you say by swimming on her back. She couldn't do it.

You know in all seriousness not all black people can't swim right? There's many black people in the world that can.

I'm sure that's true, but when I was in Job Corps back like 100 years ago. I was required to take a swimming class. I was amazed at the percentage of blacks that could not swim, and I couldn't understand why not. I thought everybody could swim, but many of those guys came from urban centers, so maybe the opportunity to learn to swim was never there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back