The hockey stick revisited.

Debunked? Hardly! :iyfyus.jpg:

I'm going to drop this after this as it's not even worth discussing. When Mann presented this he even refused to present his work as to how he came to his conclusions. Others had to work it backwards and their work showed it was flawed. I say this as someone who has backed alternative energy sources. As someone who believes we must clean up our messes. Defending old debunked arguments is no way to get people to side with that.

I'm going to drop this after this as it's not even worth discussing. When Mann presented this he even refused to present his work as to how he came to his conclusions. Others had to work it backwards and their work showed it was flawed. I say this as someone who has backed alternative energy sources. As someone who believes we must clean up our messes. Defending old debunked arguments is no way to get people to side with that.
New data proves it was right. Check out the video instead of just putting out knee jerk reponses.

New data proves it was right. Check out the video instead of just putting out knee jerk reponses.

We didn't like the data, so we invented new data

1998changesannotated-sg2014.gif

Your analysis of the situation is flawed and wrong. The data was never bad, just less complete. Time marches on and so does science. Don’t get left behind.

His predictions failed. If you say new numbers are predicting the same thing, no one is going to buy it true or not. It's what happens when you set out to deceive like Mann did. He should have released his research completely with all his numbers to be reviewed. He did not. There is a reason why.

Sharks are staying in contact with the division leaders ... there's a real opportunity for them to make the playoffs this spring ... they won't get very far but the younger players will get some much needed post-season experience ...

I got as far as fucking monkeys in the forest at one minute in ... are you kidding me? ... I'm not wasting ten minute of my time (no matter how worthless my time is) on this Middle School prattle ...

The argument against this is what force are you relying on? ... gravity is accounted for, and electromagnetism only gives you 1.8 W/m^2 ... those are the only two natural forces ... so any third force would be supernatural ...

Hypercanes and Hockey Sticks violate the Law of Thermodynamics unless you can explain in every little detail how they don't ... how monkeys fuck in the forest has nothing to do with it ...

I got as far as fucking monkeys in the forest at one minute in ... are you kidding me? ... I'm not wasting ten minute of my time (no matter how worthless my time is) on this Middle School prattle ...

The argument against this is what force are you relying on? ... gravity is accounted for, and electromagnetism only gives you 1.8 W/m^2 ... those are the only two natural forces ... so any third force would be supernatural ...

Hypercanes and Hockey Sticks violate the Law of Thermodynamics unless you can explain in every little detail how they don't ... how monkeys fuck in the forest has nothing to do with it ...
I laugh at the irony of “Middle School prattle”! :auiqs.jpg:

There have been many studies by others since then, and they have confirmed the Hockey Stick.

1640318797649.png

Forum List

Back