Zone1 The Heathen Open Halls Project shuts down

Disir

Platinum Member
Sep 30, 2011
The Open Halls Project, an organization founded in 2009 by Josh and Cat Heath to advocate for military Heathens as well as connect Heathens with resources and community announced they were “shutting down the project” via their website, in July of this year.

The organization has not only been able to connect Heathens throughout the world but was also instrumental in establishing Heathenry and other Paganism as official beliefs recognized by the Department of Defense and listed on its Faith Group list.
The Heathen Open Halls Project shuts down - News, Paganism, Religion, The Wild Hunt, U.S., World

That's kind of sad but it seems like they were kind of disengaged towards the end. I think that happens a lot with being pulled in about 20 different directions and none of it fits into the original parameters.

That's kind of sad but it seems like they were kind of disengaged towards the end. I think that happens a lot with being pulled in about 20 different directions and none of it fits into the original parameters.

It's kind of like Libertarians.

Before you can ever discuss anything with them,
you have to let them argue with each other long enough to figure out who is actually a Libertarian.

It's kind of like Libertarians.

Before you can ever discuss anything with them,
you have to let them argue with each other long enough to figure out who is actually a Libertarian.

Ah, the no true Scotsman.

These people will normally tell you.​

Do we miss 'em?
Do we? They didn't get their ultimate goal but were able to help some people in the military. I mean.....if you are asking these people to die then maybe taking their spiritual needs in to consideration is beneficial. Right?

advocate for military Heathens
Who and what are "military Heathens"? Both heathen and pagan stem from people who were rustic village or country/heath dwellers who had no knowledge--and therefore no belief--of the Bible and its teachings.

Next, military chaplains are available to those of all or no religion. In addition, the military has psychologists/psychiatrists. As military bases are near populated areas, military personnel have access to all things civilian, including groups of non-Biblical beliefs and customs, and atheists.

A guiding principle of the military is unity within the troops.

I mean.....if you are asking these people to die then maybe taking their spiritual needs in to consideration is beneficial.
Both spiritual and mental health needs are very much taken into consideration.

Who and what are "military Heathens"? Both heathen and pagan stem from people who were rustic village or country/heath dwellers who had no knowledge--and therefore no belief--of the Bible and its teachings.
Are you stating that it doesn't matter because these people just haven't experienced Christianity yet?

Military Heathens are Nordic pagans. In 2013, the VA approved Thor's Hammer (the Mjölnir) on grave stones. Wiccan's have been able to have the pentacle on theirs since 2007 and in 2017 the Awen (Druidry). Actually, what we call paganism now existed prior to Christianity.

Link to emblems. VA.gov | Veterans Affairs
Next, military chaplains are available to those of all or no religion. In addition, the military has psychologists/psychiatrists. As military bases are near populated areas, military personnel have access to all things civilian, including groups of non-Biblical beliefs and customs, and atheists.

A guiding principle of the military is unity within the troops
It sounds like your "guiding principle" is to pretend the other doesn't exist. Is that what you meant?

Many military chaplains have zero knowledge of these other religions or are adamantly opposed to them. There are different rituals and holidays and some of the most treasured items (like Rosary beads) are desired.

Are you stating that it doesn't matter because these people just haven't experienced Christianity yet?
Never crossed my mind. Would you like to tell me why you would pose such a question to me?

Many military chaplains have zero knowledge of these other religions or are adamantly opposed to them.
I know of more who are not. Most can discuss spirituality of any religion or no religion.

The Open Halls Project, an organization founded in 2009 by Josh and Cat Heath to advocate for military Heathens as well as connect Heathens with resources and community announced they were “shutting down the project” via their website, in July of this year.

The organization has not only been able to connect Heathens throughout the world but was also instrumental in establishing Heathenry and other Paganism as official beliefs recognized by the Department of Defense and listed on its Faith Group list.
The Heathen Open Halls Project shuts down - News, Paganism, Religion, The Wild Hunt, U.S., World

but was also instrumental in establishing Heathenry and other Paganism as official beliefs recognized by the Department of Defense and listed on its Faith Group list.

surly those are desert derived terms - heathens / pagans.

seems the terms themselves would need be dismissed than enshrined, no doubt the military was more than willing to comply using that terminology ...

Forum List

Back