Zone1 Christian groups step up harassment of pagan festivals

Disir

Platinum Member
Sep 30, 2011
As widespread immunity and milder COVID-19 strains have spread across the U.S., pagans and witches, like their neighbors, have begun to gather more freely this summer at annual community events after two years of relative isolation. So have some unwelcome guests.

Street preachers and Christian protesters have long been a fixture of earth-based religions’ gatherings as they try to distract and deter people from enjoying what are typically outdoor festivals and ritual gatherings. But this year, some attendees say, these opponents of witchcraft and paganism have become more aggressive and even dangerous.

“There were about 30 (evangelists) this year” said Starr RavenHawk, an elder and priestess of the New York City Wiccan Family Temple and organizer of WitchsFest USA, a street fair held in the city’s West Village in mid-July.

Well, the protestors are definitely showing their ignorance again. I'm not sure what it is that they hope to accomplish.

Much like when pagans and satanists show up to March for Life rallies, and other Christian events? It's a tit-for-tat- world these days, get over it.

Besides, they're witches. Are we expected to take them seriously?

A portion of them are witches. Not everyone that attends pagan festivals are witches. That demonstrates ignorance. I don't think anyone cares how you take them. The issue is the level of ignorance that it takes to protest one of these events.

Tit for tat.

Let the Wiccan groups now attack Christian events.

The sad reality is that christians are so myopic that they refuse to understand and accept that many don't believe in the same fantasies as they do.

Wiccan's don't try to convert people. The christians do...

Yeah, I've never met a Wiccan that tried to convert anyone. They might show up for a political event but mostly these people have other things to do. 'Sides the Christians did the whole Satanic Panic thing in the '80s. A lot of people went to prison over false accusations. The daycare incidents were unbelievable. The worst case was in the early '90s with the West Memphis 3 on death row. Now we are seeing the same kind of accusations resurface. It's kind of stupid but it's also harmful.

A portion of them are witches. Not everyone that attends pagan festivals are witches. That demonstrates ignorance. I don't think anyone cares how you take them. The issue is the level of ignorance that it takes to protest one of these events.

There are protests at every event, why are you surprised? It don't matter what kind of event there is, there is probably a protest against it. In America, you have the right to protest.

There are protests at every event, why are you surprised? It don't matter what kind of event there is, there is probably a protest against it. In America, you have the right to protest.
What are they protesting and why?

As widespread immunity and milder COVID-19 strains have spread across the U.S., pagans and witches, like their neighbors, have begun to gather more freely this summer at annual community events after two years of relative isolation. So have some unwelcome guests.

Street preachers and Christian protesters have long been a fixture of earth-based religions’ gatherings as they try to distract and deter people from enjoying what are typically outdoor festivals and ritual gatherings. But this year, some attendees say, these opponents of witchcraft and paganism have become more aggressive and even dangerous.

“There were about 30 (evangelists) this year” said Starr RavenHawk, an elder and priestess of the New York City Wiccan Family Temple and organizer of WitchsFest USA, a street fair held in the city’s West Village in mid-July.

Well, the protestors are definitely showing their ignorance again. I'm not sure what it is that they hope to accomplish.
Not all pagans are created equally

I didn't read one thing about the Christians being "dangerous". Hearing things you would rather not hear is not "Dangerous".

20130724-181548.jpg

I didn't read one thing about the Christians being "dangerous". Hearing things you would rather not hear is not "Dangerous".
These are intimidation tactics and I'm sure that there are people that were frightened. It's also unclear what specifically the objective was. Surrounding people? You don't see an issue? Fantastic.

Last edited:
These are intimidation tactics and I'm sure that there are people that were frightened. It's also unclear what specifically the objective was. Surrounding people? You don't see an issue? Fantastic.

If you are unduly frightened by street preachers then maybe you are not fit to step out of your house. No one is buying this. Please.

If you are unduly frightened by street preachers then maybe you are not fit to step out of your house. No one is buying this. Please.
I'm fine but people are buying it and there is an organization that has been formed with outreach to the states. It looks like we will be seeing some weirdo Satanic Panic crap probably not as bad as it was in the 80s and 90s but just as stupid. It was also preventable. However, it's very nice to see you stick up for a group of people and you are uncertain of what their main objective is. Your compassion is commendable. What was the objective again?

Last edited:
Like Jews, pagans did their verybest to murder as many of them as they could, until they were finally outnumbered, so we shouldn;t work up some sort of pity party for the pagans; they would still be sacrificing live babies and tossing young girls into volcanoes and pits if it weren't for Christians and their uppity laws n stuff. Pagans sniveling about 'Oppression' is like Nazis crying about Catholics; it's something nobody needs to take seriously.

Last edited:
Like Jews, pagans did theri theri best to murder as many of them as they could, until they were finally outnumbered, so we shouldn;t work up some sort of pity party for the pagans; they would still be sacrificing live babies and tossing young girls into volcanoes and pits if it weren;t for Christians and their uppity laws n stuff. Pagans sniveling about 'Oppression' is like Nazis crying about Catholics; it's something nobody needs to take seriously.
No. Let's try again.

lol some of these neurotics have fits just because some JH knocks on their doors once or twice in their lifetimes and think they should be tossed into ovens for that.

No. Let's try again.

Fact. Pagans are just silly little vermin and need to be oppressed. They're a joke who only exist to deliberately annoy Christians, then snivel about it when they get the attention, same as with faggots. They were directly responsible for instigating the horrible purges and tortures Romans and Muslims inflicted on them for hundreds of years, until Constantine finally put a stop to most of that. That's the reason Constantine is so hated by Jews and assorted sociopaths to this day.

lol some of these neurotics have fits just because some JH knocks on their doors once or twice in their lifetimes and think they should be tossed into ovens for that.
So, some people over there did some things and they may or may not be pagans but because we don't really want to think through some crap we are going to toss in some JH..............

Forum List

Back