The Good Samaritan and how it influences your political beliefs.

nope----does not help----most of that "giving" does not reflect the every day lives of the every
day impoverished who DO depend on food stamps and SSI and stuff like that
Have you ever used the world wealth calculator?

Do you imagine that poor people in America are poor like poor people in other countries?

Do you even know what poor is?
are you addressing me------dingy? I am very well aware of what POVERTY IS in
both the USA and in THE REST OF THE WORLD. By "everyday impoverished"----I
refer to USA innercity poor and USA out in the sticks poor.
Yes, I was addressing you. You struggle to understand how impoverished Americans can afford to pay for their cell phones, designer jeans, air jordans, cars, car insurance, rent, etc. while ignoring that TRULY impoverished people exist in numbers which are orders of magnitude beyond American numbers in conditions that are orders of magnitude worse than conditions experienced by impoverished Americans.

We call these things first world problems.
wrong again -----I know all about how some americans "MANAGE" AND I also know
about the impoverished ELSEWHERE. I am not STRUGGLING to understand BTW---
I am not impoverished, I have never owned a cell phone, designer jeans or air jordans---
I did have a car and paid rent. If I lived the life of some of the "IMPOVERISHED" in my town---
who have little pictures painted on their fingernails and gold rings in their noses and and
IMPLANTED braids-------I would be impoverished too
You are sounding rather judgmental now.

nope----does not help----most of that "giving" does not reflect the every day lives of the every

Do you imagine that poor people in America are poor like poor people in other countries?

Yes, I was addressing you. You struggle to understand how impoverished Americans can afford to pay for their cell phones, designer jeans, air jordans, cars, car insurance, rent, etc. while ignoring that TRULY impoverished people exist in numbers which are orders of magnitude beyond American numbers in conditions that are orders of magnitude worse than conditions experienced by impoverished Americans.

A one bedroom apartment in the 3rd world doesn't cost $1300 a month plus utilities.

A one bedroom apartment in the 3rd world doesn't cost $1300 a month plus utilities.
An estimated 2.2 billion people need access to safely managed drinking water, including 884 million currently without basic drinking water services. An estimated 4.2 billion people need access to safely managed sanitation. 16% of the world's population — an estimated 1.2 billion people — are living without electricity.

What were you saying about high rents in America?

sad to say----I agree with tainted-----without governmental well-fare---lots of people
in the USA would die in the gutter
The US Federal government is the least efficient and effective organization in the history of mankind.

They receive 2.5 trillion every year in tax revenue. Give that money to the private sector and see what would be accomplished.

But to your point if “poor” people in America had to rely on the federal government for their survival they would already be dead.
what do you IMAGINE poor people have been relying on? christian goodwill?
It certainly isn't Jewish goodwill. That's for certain.

sad to say----I agree with tainted-----without governmental well-fare---lots of people
The US Federal government is the least efficient and effective organization in the history of mankind.

They receive 2.5 trillion every year in tax revenue. Give that money to the private sector and see what would be accomplished.

But to your point if “poor” people in America had to rely on the federal government for their survival they would already be dead.
there is a LOT MORE jewish good will than christian

I'm sure you think they do.

yes----catholic charities ALL OVER THE WORLD -----ie missionaries. I know
about THEM. In fact I even know about people who availed themselves (or their
parents got them involved as kids) to schooling compliments of the church. I was
referring to impoverished people in the USA -----people who need an assist beyond
food stamps and simple welfare who do not want CATHOLIC shoved at them. As to
Catholic schools in third world countries----they are BAPTISM factories

parents got them involved as kids) to schooling compliments of the church. I was
referring to impoverished people in the USA -----people who need an assist beyond
See Catholic Charities. But I'm sure your people do so much more, right? Otherwise, why would you disparage any organization that helped, right?

I haven't even started listing other Christian charities.

Apparently there is no amount of charity that will please some people here.

See Catholic Charities. But I'm sure your people do so much more, right? Otherwise, why would you disparage any organization that helped, right?
the issue is supposed to be services to needy people-----not evangelism. In third world
countries the evangelism part disrupts THEIR societies

the issue is supposed to be services to needy people-----not evangelism. In third world
They do provide services, dummy.

where and for whom? I have known all kinds of people who have
attended catholic schools-----or had relatives who did so who complained
about the EVANGELISM pressure-----south east asia and Africa

I get that you don't understand how this works. Christianity is evangelized by actions not words. So it's for them.

Whereas your evangelization is to attack Christians. Seems weird to me but I'm guessing that's how yo were taught to evangelize Judaism. Apparently there is less than six degrees of separation between Jews and Muslims.

I get that you don't understand how this works. Christianity is evangelized by actions not words. So it's for them.

Whereas your evangelization is to attack Christians. Seems weird to me but I'm guessing that's how yo were taught to evangelize Judaism. Apparently there is less than six degrees of separation between Jews and Muslims.
I had no jewish education whatever. My childhood family was UTTERLY and COMPLETELY
secular. We lived in a very christian town----and I was invited to attend church and sunday
school with friends as a very young child LOTS and went. Your statement which suggests just reticence and good works on the part of christian evangelists or even fervent christian children is just about the most idiotic comment I have ever read. Try selling that one to some non-
christian FROM THE MOON

Basically to treat others the way I want to be treated. I don't necessarily think we need government intervention to do that, but I do support welfare and the like cuz it seems more effective and widespread than individual charity (overall, not saying there's no issues w/ the government's internal system & welfare).
Also, to love my enemies and people I may have prejudices against (which are hopefully none).

An estimated 2.2 billion people need access to safely managed drinking water, including 884 million currently without basic drinking water services. An estimated 4.2 billion people need access to safely managed sanitation. 16% of the world's population — an estimated 1.2 billion people — are living without electricity.

I was just reading about a 79 year old with a social security income of $709 and $19 a month in food stamps.

I'm not Catholic: however, did you ever consider how people got into the predicaments they are in? Was it a denial of GOD or the worship of material wealth. Was it disobeying parents or holding education in contempt. I have witnessed people who have used and abused charity so as to not work, as a safety net while they continue on their merry way of drugs and sex and self denial (it ain't my fault).

I had no jewish education whatever. My childhood family was UTTERLY and COMPLETELY
secular. We lived in a very christian town----and I was invited to attend church and sunday
school with friends as a very young child LOTS and went. Your statement which suggests just reticence and good works on the part of christian evangelists or even fervent christian children is just about the most idiotic comment I have ever read. Try selling that one to some non-
christian FROM THE MOON
Your bias is showing, rosie. You should let that go.

I was just reading about a 79 year old with a social security income of $709 and $19 a month in food stamps.
Yep and it's a crying shame our government has decided to inflate their way out of debt.

But you are proving my point that you can't rely on the government to save you. Which is why it's so odd that so many people think it's a good idea to turn charity over to the government.

Just remember... the government gets 2.5 trillion dollars every year in tax revenue.

Tommy votes for the good people and thinks that does his moral good.

I vote against illegal immigration but have fed and clothed immigrants with my own hands. Many times and for many years. Tommy cannot understand this because politics is his religion.

There.

I hope that ends this dumb thread

Forum List

Back