The Geography Of WWIII

Can you imagine that moron, several posts up....doubting me????

Today:
"A US warship has sailed near a disputed island in the South China Sea to challenge efforts to limit freedom of access, the Pentagon said.
The mission aimed at countering "excessive maritime claims of parties that claim the Paracel Islands", the Pentagon said.

"This operation challenged attempts by the three claimants - China, Taiwan and Vietnam - to restrict navigation rights and freedoms," around the islands, said spokesman Capt Jeff Davis.

According to the statement, the USS Curtis Wilbur destroyer sailed within 12 nautical miles of Triton Island. No Chinese vessels were in the area at the time, the Pentagon said.

But a Chinese foreign ministry accused the US of violating Chinese law "by entering Chinese territorial waters without prior permission".
South China Sea: US warship sails near disputed island - BBC News

"US warns China about flying jets out of their artificial islands

This is one situation which thankfully hasn’t blown up in our faces (at least yet) but it’s worth keeping an eye on. While most of the world’s attention is on the chaos playing out in Syria and the resultant refugee crisis / invasion of Europe, China has remained busy building military facilities on their artificial islands in the South China Sea. On one such base they have nearly completed a runway and have begun tests involving landing some jets there. A US admiral spoke up about it this week and essentially warned the Chinese that we’re not going to be backing off from our routine flights and naval patrols in the area and they’re only ratcheting up tensions with this program. (Yahoo News)"US warns China about flying jets out of their artificial islands - Hot Air

I am confused-----china FABRICATED ISLANDS-----in the middle of the sea and then CLAIMED sovereignty over them and can use them as military bases?

I am confused-----china FABRICATED ISLANDS-----in the middle of the sea and then CLAIMED sovereignty over them and can use them as military bases?

"..... China has remained busy building military facilities on their artificial islands in the South China Sea. On one such base they have nearly completed a runway...."
US warns China about flying jets out of their artificial islands - Hot Air

seems to me that someone------like an INTERNATIONAL body ----should figure out if
china can build in the HIGH SEAS and then claim that land? (????)

"..... China has remained busy building military facilities on their artificial islands in the South China Sea. On one such base they have nearly completed a runway...."
US warns China about flying jets out of their artificial islands - Hot Air

seems to me that someone------like an INTERNATIONAL body ----should figure out if
china can build in the HIGH SEAS and then claim that land? (????)

For context....this was post #9:

To understand where China will look to solve it's energy problem,...

chinaclaim.gif

Paracel and Spratly Islands Forum The Cow Tongue China s Claims in the Eastern Sea South China Sea

6. "...it is not difficult to understand...of seizing the South China Sea, ...when briefing papers are telling them of untold riches of the sea. According to estimates...Nansha's ( the eighth largest island of Spratly Islands and the fourth largest among Philippine-occupied Spratly islands) oil reserves total over 10 billion tons..."
From the novel "Dragon Strike," by Hawksley

a. " In 1968, oil was discovered in the region.[4]The Geology and Mineral Resources Ministry of the People's Republic of China (PRC) has estimated that the Spratly area holds oil and natural gas reserves of 17.7 billion tons (1.60 × 1010kg),[citation needed]compared to the 13 billion tons (1.17 × 1010kg) held byKuwait, placing it as, potentially, the fourth largest reserve bed in the world. These large potential reserves have assisted in intensifying the territorial claims of the neighbouring countries." Spratly Islands dispute - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

7. " The Spratly Islands dispute is an ongoing territorial dispute between Brunei,China (People's Republic of China),Malaysia, the Philippines,Taiwan (Republic of China), andVietnam, concerning ownership of the Spratly Islands, a group of islands and associated "maritime features"(reefs, banks, cays, etc.) located in the South China Sea. The dispute is characterised by diplomatic stalemate and the employment of low-level military pressure techniques (such as military occupation of disputed territory) in the advancement of national territorial claims. All except Brunei occupy some of the maritime features."Spratly Islands dispute - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

If it were to gain total control of the South China Sea, which includes the Spratly and Paracel Islands, China would not need to import a drop of oil for the foreseeable future.

As an emerging superpower......what do you suppose the future of the South China Sea indicates?

China claims all of the South China Sea....and has hinted that it is willing to go to war with the other five nations that claim parts of same.

And a tremendous portion of all sea routes go through the South China Sea.

There is an old saying: "War is God's way of teaching Americans geography."
Ambrose Bierce

And today's geography lesson will introduce the ineluctable lead-up to WWIII.

Just as blood keeps the human organism alive, oil is the life's-blood of an industrial nation....imagine how absurd it would be for the leader of an modern nation to suggest...'Well, seeing as how much trouble and strife oil causes....our nation is going on a ten-year plan to wean ourselves off oil and all the other petroleum products.'
(Did somebody say 'Obama'??)

Contrary to the fables spread by Liberals....there are no alternatives to petroleum.

Here....the facts about oil, China, and the future.....WWIII.

1. "For China the problem was particularly acute: by the turn of the century, after years of an average growth of 7 percent in demand, it was faciang a shortfall in oil of 3,500,000 tons a year and this had to be met by imports. Its efforts to find oil in home waters had been to little avail: the East China Sea produced some modest gas finds but no oil to speak of.

The best find was a huge gas reservoir off the south coast of the Hainan Island at the northern end of the South China Sea, and an 800 km. sub-marine pipeline had been constructed to pipe 2,900,000 cubic meters of gas a day to fire a power station in Hong Kong."

a. " State media says China has found more than 100 billion cubic meters of natural gas in the politically volatile South China Sea.
The natural gas was discovered at the Lingshui 17-2 gas field, 150 kilometers south of southern Hainan island. "
China says natural gas found off Hainan s shores - The Standard

2. "Onshore, the application of new drilling techniques succeeded in extracting more oil from the Daqing field in the north-east, China's most productive- indeed the north-eastern oilfields accounted for 70 % of onshore production."

a. " Annual crude oil output at Daqing Oil Field, China's largest oil field, will fall to 30 million tons by 2010, a steep drop of 18.4 million tons from last year's level, Xinhua news agency reported yesterday.

Daqing's crude output will shrink by 7 percent yearly in the following seven years. Its crude output is expected to drop to 20 million tons by 2020, said Gai Ruyin, mayor of Daqing City in Heilongjiang Province.

The report also said there is only 500 million tons of recoverable oil reserve left in the country's largest oil field,..."
China s Daqing Oil Field Passes Peak

What to do....what to do...??

History eludes to the inescapable future of ME. That's why we need to get a handle on this nonsense before Russia gets too extreme. 1 million man standing army - Coalition Terrorist Task Force Operation Mop Up

Last edited:
There is an old saying: "War is God's way of teaching Americans geography."
Ambrose Bierce

And today's geography lesson will introduce the ineluctable lead-up to WWIII.

Just as blood keeps the human organism alive, oil is the life's-blood of an industrial nation....imagine how absurd it would be for the leader of an modern nation to suggest...'Well, seeing as how much trouble and strife oil causes....our nation is going on a ten-year plan to wean ourselves off oil and all the other petroleum products.'
(Did somebody say 'Obama'??)

Contrary to the fables spread by Liberals....there are no alternatives to petroleum.

Here....the facts about oil, China, and the future.....WWIII.

1. "For China the problem was particularly acute: by the turn of the century, after years of an average growth of 7 percent in demand, it was faciang a shortfall in oil of 3,500,000 tons a year and this had to be met by imports. Its efforts to find oil in home waters had been to little avail: the East China Sea produced some modest gas finds but no oil to speak of.

The best find was a huge gas reservoir off the south coast of the Hainan Island at the northern end of the South China Sea, and an 800 km. sub-marine pipeline had been constructed to pipe 2,900,000 cubic meters of gas a day to fire a power station in Hong Kong."

a. " State media says China has found more than 100 billion cubic meters of natural gas in the politically volatile South China Sea.
The natural gas was discovered at the Lingshui 17-2 gas field, 150 kilometers south of southern Hainan island. "
China says natural gas found off Hainan s shores - The Standard

2. "Onshore, the application of new drilling techniques succeeded in extracting more oil from the Daqing field in the north-east, China's most productive- indeed the north-eastern oilfields accounted for 70 % of onshore production."

a. " Annual crude oil output at Daqing Oil Field, China's largest oil field, will fall to 30 million tons by 2010, a steep drop of 18.4 million tons from last year's level, Xinhua news agency reported yesterday.

Daqing's crude output will shrink by 7 percent yearly in the following seven years. Its crude output is expected to drop to 20 million tons by 2020, said Gai Ruyin, mayor of Daqing City in Heilongjiang Province.

The report also said there is only 500 million tons of recoverable oil reserve left in the country's largest oil field,..."
China s Daqing Oil Field Passes Peak

What to do....what to do...??

History eludes to the inescapable future of ME. That's why we need to get a handle on this nonsense before Russia gets too sap happy. 1 million man standing army - Coalition Terrorist Task Force Operation Mop Up

Welcome to the board.

I posted the OP in May, and have been watching developments in the area closely.
I'm having difficulty following your post vis-a-vis the South China Sea.
If you have time, please elucidate.

I think we have bigger issues in the ME regarding the re-shaping of what WW111 will look like. China will not get terribly out of hand, in stark contrast, within the ME regarding the future of this war on Islamic Extremism........ We need to form a million man coalition army and eliminate the fanatics then help the masses re-build...that simple.

I think we have bigger issues in the ME regarding the re-shaping of what WW111 will look like. China will not get terribly out of hand, in stark contrast, within the ME regarding the future of this war on Islamic Extremism........ We need to form a million man coalition army and eliminate the fanatics then help the masses re-build...that simple.

I might add that China's demand for control of the shipping lanes is a threat pushing Japan to militarize.

As for the ME....
We have plenty of oil and natural gas, reducing the ME in importance to the US....and more so once this President leaves office...
...and, an interesting article here:
"What Saudi Arabia Fears Most"
What Saudi Arabia Fears Most

This thread proves OP "ain't gettin' any".

Geez girl!!! Go outside and meet somebody and maybe, JUST MAYBE, you won't be so frustrated and irritating

As to the OP, it fails under its own weight of cutnpaste tomfoolery

Sent from my BN NookHD+ using Tapatalk

On the subject of Japan and creating a more formidable military, it seems like a necessary evil considering China's control patterns. Agreed....sorry for intruding on your thread. Just think ME is a bigger issue for the globe. will read your hyper-link...

This thread proves OP "ain't gettin' any".

Geez girl!!! Go outside and meet somebody and maybe, JUST MAYBE, you won't be so frustrated and irritating

As to the OP, it fails under its own weight of cutnpaste tomfoolery

Sent from my BN NookHD+ using Tapatalk
No,,,,dot....it's a relevant issue of info.....attacking her personally is lame....

On the subject of Japan and creating a more formidable military, it seems like a necessary evil considering China's control patterns. Agreed....sorry for intruding on your thread. Just think ME is a bigger issue for the globe. will read your hyper-link...

Not an intrusion at all.

There's NO OIL !!! It's running out !!
Oh sorry man. I had a flashback to 1974 again. My big block Nova got 10 gallons to the block

See the ciggy buttz ? CALL OSHA !!! :alcoholic:
ED-AR370_YERGIN_G_20131014163108.jpg

I might add that China's demand for control of the shipping lanes is a threat pushing Japan to militarize.

As for the ME....
We have plenty of oil and natural gas, reducing the ME in importance to the US....and more so once this President leaves office...
I think your hyper-link is broken....anyhow, where was the article from?

As for the ME....

Sites seems to be down...I'll try it again tomorrow.

As for the ME....

The article begins this way:

"Just two days into 2016, the Middle East careened toward a major Sunni-Shiite war. Saudi Arabia executed a prominent Shiite cleric, and Iran immediately unleashed a major backlash. Protesters in Tehran ransacked and torched the Saudi Embassy, while police did little to intervene. In response, Saudi Arabia led a barrage of Sunni states that severed diplomatic ties with Iran.

So began new rifts between Sunni Saudi Arabia and Shiite Iran.

Hot collars and frosty relationships are nothing new in this age-old religious rivalry, but the speed with which this latest incident accelerated into a major clash was shocking. Saudi Arabia and Iran are now openly going head to head.

This is the new reality in the post-American Middle East: Iran is king, and Saudi Arabia needs to scramble for any alliance it can cobble together—and fast."

These Muslims have some complicated issues. The sunni/shiite war has to end entirely. Their vehement hatred and self-loathing perspectives are hardly a surprise. not really sure Obama's decision to stay out of the strategic objectives was such a great idea. Great read....

These Muslims have some complicated issues. The sunni/shiite war has to end entirely. Their vehement hatred and self-loathing perspectives are hardly a surprise. not really sure Obama's decision to stay out of the strategic objectives was such a great idea. Great read....

The entire world situation is way beyond Obama's ability....

....one failure after another in foreign policy.

Did you see this today?

" Despite the growing threat from the self-proclaimed Islamic State in Libya, the Obama administration has turned down a U.S. military plan for an assault on ISIS’s regional hub there,three defense officials told The Daily Beast.

In recent weeks, the U.S. military—led by its Africa and Special Operations Commands—have pushed for more airstrikes and the deployment of elite troops, particularly in the city ofSirte. The hometown of former Libyan leaderMoammar Gadhafi, the city is now under ISIS control and serving as a regional epicenter for the terror group."
Exclusive: Obama Refuses to Hit ISIS’s Libyan Capital

This, from the man who made ISIS possible.

Forum List

Back