The Four Pillars of Progressivism

that a supreme federal government...
Where does it say that?

In the Supremacy Clause of the Constitution.

You should try to read that document someday. Based on how you post here, I'm guessing you'd be shocked at what it really amounts to.
Sure maggot breath. You go with that. Meanwhile back in reality it is saying the CONSTITUTION is the supreme law of the land, not the federal government. You dumb bastard.

Article VI
All debts contracted and engagements entered into, before the adoption of this Constitution, shall be as valid against the United States under this Constitution, as under the Confederation.

This Constitution, and the laws of the United States which shall be made in pursuance thereof; and all treaties made, or which shall be made, under the authority of the United States, shall be the supreme law of the land; and the judges in every state shall be bound thereby, anything in the Constitution or laws of any State to the contrary notwithstanding.

The Senators and Representatives before mentioned, and the members of the several state legislatures, and all executive and judicial officers, both of the United States and of the several states, shall be bound by oath or affirmation, to support this Constitution; but no religious test shall ever be required as a qualification to any office or public trust under the United States.

The federal government is the Constitution in operation.

Without the supremacy of the federal government,

any state that so chose could ban personal ownership of firearms, outright.

Is that what you want?

Today's so called progressives are nothing more than leftists and leftists have but one pillar: equality of outcome over equality of opportunity. That's the exact opposite of what we used to call liberalism, which today we would refer to as libertarian ideals.

This is why progressives believe they are entitled to someone else's labor and other people's money. Of course, they have no moral right to demand my labor (that's slavery or at least indentured servitude) nor to take from my wallet to pay for it, which is simple theft, just as I have no moral right to rob the grocery store because I am hungry.

To progressives, violating another's rights in pursuing their own needs is acceptable. They are an immoral people. Further, their meddling creates over-demand and under-supply, further exacerbating the rationing required when free people making voluntary decisions are removed from the equation. This of course, produces exactly the opposite of the effect they’re trying to create. To progressives, , intentions outweigh results. They are also an irrational people.

This list goes on, but at the root of it all is their fundamental pillar, outcome over opportunity.

In the name of freedom, they must be resisted.

Last edited:
Maybe you could try actually talking to progressives instead of repeating whatever shit you heard on hate radio.

That might be an awesome idea.

I have spoken with several. They are for the most part puerile, ill-educated foul-mouthed morons who become very upset when you point out the shortcomings of their political and historical knowledge.

Namecalling all you got?

You think that's name calling? You must have been coddled more than most.

I merely presented observations based upon the behavior and intellect of the subjects.

Then post when I've done that. I've won every debate I've ever had with you.

1) Admittedly, YOU do not become hysterical when your shortcomings are pointed out. You are excellent at standing firmly by your own nonsense, facts be damned.

2) However, your fantastical visions of grandeur more than make up for it. You have won nothing, and never will.

From near as I can tell, there are 4 pillars of Progressivism which is their foundation. All four of these pillars is an assault on the Constitution. Why? Because the Constitution is a document that attempted to create a government that is limited. In other words, those in government are viewed as not having any superior intellectual capacity or righteous character than the average citizen. Such outrageous thinking must be destroyed so that every aspect in our lives is overseen and regulated by government who are the master race. Why without Big Brother monitoring our every move, we would all be dying in the streets as we render the planet inhabitable environmentally.

1. Illegal Immigration. Illegal immigration is the first pillar. It carries with it the notion that borders are not needed. We hear many Progs today say as much. So if there are no borders, then there are no sovereign nations. If there are no sovereign nations, then the Republic becomes obsolete, along with its documents such as the Constitution. Then an all powerful world government can be set up with a more "enlightened" Constitution that will be offered.

2. Massive debt. Massive debt will eventually destroy the Republic. It is not a matter of if, but when. No nation can continue trillion dollar deficits indefinitely. How they got this far is nothing short of a miracle. And as the Republic folds, again, so do it's documents.

3. Assault on Christianity. Many think that morality and government are separate, but in reality, all laws represent a moral code. Moreover, only a moral society can be trusted with freedom. As Ben Franklin once said, "In these sentiments, sir, I agree to this Constitution, with all its faults, if they are such; because I think that a General government necessary for us, and there is no form of government but what may be a blessing to the people if well administered; and I believe further that this is likely to be well administered for a course of years, and can only end in Despotism as other forms have done before it, when the people shall become so corrupted as toned despotic government, being incapable of any other." If society loses its moral soul and becomes a nation of convicts, then a warden is required to maintain order. Ripping morality out of schools and the rest of society is key to their cause. It's like I've always said, prison is a Prog utopia. Everyone has equal housing, dress, food, education, and health care and all of it is free. Not only that, these are "gun free zones" and every day is a gay pride day.

4. Centralized all powerful government. The last pillar upon which Progressivism rests is an all powerful centralized government. The only time this is not embraced is when it infringes upon one of the other pillars. For you see Progs today run around chanting state rights when it comes to illegal drug legalization or moving illegals around from sanctuary city to sanctuary city. For example, refeer use is a federal crime, as is illegal immigration. Progs are simply openly defying these rules of law as states like Colorado legalize the use of reefer or cities openly declare themselves a refuge for illegals. However, when it comes to any other issue, state rights go bye, bye. Instead, with Obama in office writing EO's that violate federal law on such things as immigration, then all of a sudden the federal government becomes the ultimate authority again. Then when states like Arizona try and stand up to enforce immigration laws on the books, they get sued by Obama and company and forced to comply with the law,. We have now become a nation of men, not laws, which further degrades the Constitution as a meaningless document to be reinterpreted awayor simply ignored by Progs to the point where no one even refers to it anymore.

No.

As a liberal, my political perspective is based on the following:

All human beings have human rights. Discrimination against a group of people for any reason is bad for society. Equality is the best foundation for a civilized society.

Secular government is better for equality than theocracy. Freedom of religion is vital, but science, logic and reasoning are the best foundations for laws. An informed and educated populace is crucial for a civilized society.

Capitalism is the best foundation for an economy, in general; however not in every case: healthcare for example. The middle class is what drives an economy, poverty should be abolished as best as it can be, the rich should not be idolized. Corporations are not people and workers should be entitled to a larger share of the profits that they help to produce.

Democracy is the best form of government. The US Constitution is the basis of our government and is meant to be amended as our society changes. The government is us, not a foreign alien institution. Taxes are instituted by us at a rate we determine and used on what we decide.

A healthy environment is crucial for quality of life and for life at all. It should be protected at all cost.

Liberty will always trump security. A government should not spy on or detain its own citizens without due process and justification.

That is a brief and incomplete expression of the basis of my liberal political perspective. I don't speak for all liberals.

From near as I can tell, there are 4 pillars of Progressivism which is their foundation. All four of these pillars is an assault on the Constitution. Why? Because the Constitution is a document that attempted to create a government that is limited. In other words, those in government are viewed as not having any superior intellectual capacity or righteous character than the average citizen. Such outrageous thinking must be destroyed so that every aspect in our lives is overseen and regulated by government who are the master race. Why without Big Brother monitoring our every move, we would all be dying in the streets as we render the planet inhabitable environmentally.

1. Illegal Immigration. Illegal immigration is the first pillar. It carries with it the notion that borders are not needed. We hear many Progs today say as much. So if there are no borders, then there are no sovereign nations. If there are no sovereign nations, then the Republic becomes obsolete, along with its documents such as the Constitution. Then an all powerful world government can be set up with a more "enlightened" Constitution that will be offered.

2. Massive debt. Massive debt will eventually destroy the Republic. It is not a matter of if, but when. No nation can continue trillion dollar deficits indefinitely. How they got this far is nothing short of a miracle. And as the Republic folds, again, so do it's documents.

3. Assault on Christianity. Many think that morality and government are separate, but in reality, all laws represent a moral code. Moreover, only a moral society can be trusted with freedom. As Ben Franklin once said, "In these sentiments, sir, I agree to this Constitution, with all its faults, if they are such; because I think that a General government necessary for us, and there is no form of government but what may be a blessing to the people if well administered; and I believe further that this is likely to be well administered for a course of years, and can only end in Despotism as other forms have done before it, when the people shall become so corrupted as toned despotic government, being incapable of any other." If society loses its moral soul and becomes a nation of convicts, then a warden is required to maintain order. Ripping morality out of schools and the rest of society is key to their cause. It's like I've always said, prison is a Prog utopia. Everyone has equal housing, dress, food, education, and health care and all of it is free. Not only that, these are "gun free zones" and every day is a gay pride day.

4. Centralized all powerful government. The last pillar upon which Progressivism rests is an all powerful centralized government. The only time this is not embraced is when it infringes upon one of the other pillars. For you see Progs today run around chanting state rights when it comes to illegal drug legalization or moving illegals around from sanctuary city to sanctuary city. For example, refeer use is a federal crime, as is illegal immigration. Progs are simply openly defying these rules of law as states like Colorado legalize the use of reefer or cities openly declare themselves a refuge for illegals. However, when it comes to any other issue, state rights go bye, bye. Instead, with Obama in office writing EO's that violate federal law on such things as immigration, then all of a sudden the federal government becomes the ultimate authority again. Then when states like Arizona try and stand up to enforce immigration laws on the books, they get sued by Obama and company and forced to comply with the law,. We have now become a nation of men, not laws, which further degrades the Constitution as a meaningless document to be reinterpreted awayor simply ignored by Progs to the point where no one even refers to it anymore.
Just right wing propaganda and rhetoric. I would rather hear it, from progressives.

Tell us how the right wing, is going to have more than just repeal, and solve all of our problems while lowering taxes.

Where does it say that?

You should try to read that document someday. Based on how you post here, I'm guessing you'd be shocked at what it really amounts to.
Sure maggot breath. You go with that. Meanwhile back in reality it is saying the CONSTITUTION is the supreme law of the land, not the federal government. You dumb bastard.

Article VI
All debts contracted and engagements entered into, before the adoption of this Constitution, shall be as valid against the United States under this Constitution, as under the Confederation.

This Constitution, and the laws of the United States which shall be made in pursuance thereof; and all treaties made, or which shall be made, under the authority of the United States, shall be the supreme law of the land; and the judges in every state shall be bound thereby, anything in the Constitution or laws of any State to the contrary notwithstanding.

The Senators and Representatives before mentioned, and the members of the several state legislatures, and all executive and judicial officers, both of the United States and of the several states, shall be bound by oath or affirmation, to support this Constitution; but no religious test shall ever be required as a qualification to any office or public trust under the United States.

Is that what you want?
Wrong again (still). The federal government is not the Constitution in operation, what Marxist taught you that? The Constitution limits federal government. States are part of the United States (hence the namesake) so cannot pass any unconstitutional law. Or they shouldn't be able to anyway. You're a central government power freak so everything gets twisted up to suit the agenda.

Where does it say that?

Article VI

Is that what you want?
Wrong again (still). The federal government is not the Constitution in operation, what Marxist taught you that? The Constitution limits federal government. States are part of the United States (hence the namesake) so cannot pass any unconstitutional law. Or they shouldn't be able to anyway. You're a central government power freak so everything gets twisted up to suit the agenda.

Who decides when a state law is unconstitutional?

The federal government

Just right wing propaganda and rhetoric. I would rather hear it, from progressives.

Tell us how the right wing, is going to have more than just repeal, and solve all of our problems while lowering taxes.

Rightwing/Republican policies are what have exploded the debt.

Where does it say that?

Article VI

Is that what you want?

The federal government
....LIMITED BY THE CONSTITUTION.

lol, We are 20 plus trillion in debt, Obama doubled it. You can't get anything right.

Article VI

Is that what you want?

The federal government

Yes. The supreme law of the land, the constitutionally created FEDERAL GOVERNMENT.

lol, We are 20 plus trillion in debt, Obama doubled it. You can't get anything right.

Obama did no such thing. The debt doubled itself by virtue of Republican taxation and spending policies that Obama could not, as president, arbitrarily change.

Article VI

Is that what you want?

The federal government

Yes. The supreme law of the land, the constitutionally created FEDERAL GOVERNMENT.
LOL, you're a MORON!

The 17th Amendment was the biggest coup d'etat for the progressive movement. Repeal it, and you may slow the inevitable advancement of liberalism and an ever bigger central government.

Obama did no such thing. The debt doubled itself by virtue of Republican taxation and spending policies that Obama could not, as president, arbitrarily change.
Prove it.

Forum List

Back