The fall of Trumpism continues

OP is total bullshit. No way is Trump going to fade away. He should. He’s a POS right wing turd bucket of hate vitriol and stupidity. But, honestly, that’s all the right wing of US politics is these days. He’ll blood suck the hate to another candidacy if he wants it. I don’t think he does.

The fall of Trumpism continues. Pence contradicts Trump in speech at the Federalist society. More and more conservatives and Republicans are pulling away from Trumpism.

Evil is always difficult to eliminate but it will be neutralized. Only the dumbest of the dumb and the evilist of the evil will be left supporting Trumpism.

Look at the fall of President Potatohead's approval ratings. The fall of Potatoheadism.

Telling them that is going to drive them deeper into denial....The entire party has gone full sunk costs.
The obvious fact is that they care more about pursuing progressive agenda items, in re-engineering society in their own image, than they do about actually governing the nation.

The fall of Trumpism continues. Pence contradicts Trump in speech at the Federalist society. More and more conservatives and Republicans are pulling away from Trumpism.
True. The question is… Where are they going? They’re not going to the “mainstream” Republican Party. Their rent of thst group is what allowed Trump to come to power in the first place.

You are correct that Trump is irrevelant to current politics..
But the anger that created Trump is relevant. It's still there and it's still growing. My fear isn't so much that Trump will come back, but that someone else will takeover - possibly someone much worse than Trump.

But the anger that created Trump is relevant. It's still there and it's still growing. My fear isn't so much that Trump will come back, but that someone else will takeover - possibly someone much worse than Trump.
I can't see anyone as reckless as Trump currently in the running for leader..

I can't see anyone as reckless as Trump currently in the running for leader..
We'll see.

In my view, Trump's recklessness was a feature, not a bug. Trump is a narcissist, a con-man, an obnoxious douchebag who brings out the worst in people. But he's not Hitler. He has no ideology, no grand plan to wreak vengeance on the world. His recklessness, his stream-of-consciousness slapstick, was his saving grace. It could have been much worse.

We might not get so lucky with his replacement.

The obvious fact is that they care more about pursuing progressive agenda items, in re-engineering society in their own image, than they do about actually governing the nation.
That has been the case for the DNC since at least Clinton.

But now they have the two-headed sunk costs monster of both Trump and their FauxiFlu narratives....The former they can't reverse course because defaming of the Orange Man is all they have, the latter because they refuse to admit that they were wrong about anything at any point in time about it.

They've created the monsters that will devour them this fall and into the future.

"The violent assault on the Capitol – and disruption of a Constitutionally-mandated meeting of Congress – was undertaken by people whose passions have been inflamed by falsehoods and false hopes."
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, that is George Bush that Otis quotes about January 6th.

On the other hand, Chairpersons of state Republican parties, the folks who comprise the National Repuplican Committee, suggested it it was not deluded inflamed folks, rather, it was ordinary citizens....."engaged in legitimate political discourse".

Now, if I was a cop who just caught a speeding axe-handle to the face......I'd likely think inflamed and impassioned vs. "legitimate discourse".

But that's just me.

Someone far worse than Trump is exactly what I’m hoping for… someone Competent, Charismatic, Upstanding as even more Traditionally Conservative then Trump ever dreamed of being. THAT is what the Republican Party needs to look for.

And that's EXACTLY what I'm worried about. It's not Trump. It's the Trumpsters. We have a virtual army of drooling morons ready to get behind a real tyrant. Someone might just take the job
What the party needs to realize is that we didn’t vote FOR Trump in either 2016 or 2020. We voted AGAINST the Moderate to Leftist candidates that both parties had been running for years. We didn’t love Trump, we just HATED every other motherfucker on that debate stage.

What the party needs to realize is that we didn’t vote FOR Trump in either 2016 or 2020. We voted AGAINST the Moderate to Leftist candidates that both parties had been running for years. We didn’t love Trump, we just HATED every other motherfucker on that debate stage.
Yep, that's the problem. We can't seem to pull ourselves out of the two-party death spiral. As long as people remain convinced that they can only vote D or R, we'll just sink deeper and deeper.

Forum List

Back