The endless search for a scapegoat continues unabated.

1. The dems had it 100% wrong, calling Trump's travel ban "xenophobia".
You guys are telling so many lies I can't keep up.

What's the lie?
You're spinning so many lies you forgot what the truth is.
Trump was right, the democrats are wrong, simple. Here are 3 links proving I'm right.
1. The dems had it 100% wrong, calling Trump's travel ban "XENOPHOBIA" (<you missed a word)

Last edited:

What's the lie?
Trump was right, the democrats are wrong, simple. Here are 3 links proving I'm right.
1. The dems had it 100% wrong, calling Trump's travel ban "XENOPHOBIA" (<you missed a word)
Biden called it Xenophobic because it targeted ONLY Chinese nationals and stopped travel from NOWHERE else.

It WAS porous and weirdly xenophobic. It allowed hundreds of thousands of travelers to enter this country from China (as long as they weren't actually Chinese...as if the virus cared about that)and MORE than that from other countries that were infected as well...including of course Italy and the UK

Trump blames WHO for getting coronavirus pandemic wrong, threatens to withhold funding

President Donald Trump blamed the World Health Organization for getting “every aspect” of the coronavirus pandemic wrong and threatened to withhold funding from the international organization.
................................................................................................
The sad truth is Trump got “every aspect” of the coronavirus pandemic wrong. Even sadder, Trumpleton's will lap up the deflection like an alcoholic laps up Jack Daniels.
10,000 Fake Chinese Twitter account discovered created for the sole purpose of attacking The US with Propaganda aimed at The President, and now he is running the country. Numerous other fake accounts all across Social Media and Message Boards just like this one.

Don't you have some bat soup to go eat?

What's the lie?
Biden called it Xenophobic because it targeted ONLY Chinese nationals and stopped travel from NOWHERE else.

It WAS porous and weirdly xenophobic. It allowed hundreds of thousands of travelers to enter this country from China (as long as they weren't actually Chinese...as if the virus cared about that)and MORE than that from other countries that were infected as well...including of course Italy and the UK

Trump let Americans back in, but they had to self-quarantine at home, so stop lying. True stopped travelers from China because that's where the pandemic was, DUH.
"BuzzFeed News asserted that "barring foreign travelers from China, along with making U.S. citizens self-quarantine at home ... "

Trump let Americans back in, but they had to self-quarantine at home

"Self quarantine"...on their honor...after spending hours on planes together...passing through airports...arranging travel home on their own...and then HOPING that they actually self quarantines. Yea...that worked well huh?
True stopped travelers from China because that's where the pandemic was

But those other folks weren't "where the pandemic was"??

And what about all those people traveling from the East? Did Trump think folks only traveled to the US from China?

People from Europe were allowed unrestricted travel for another 6 weeks...folks from the UK and oddball states like Bulgaria and Romania even longer.

Ever wonder why the East Coast got hit so hard?

"Self quarantine"...on their honor...after spending hours on planes together...passing through airports...arranging travel home on their own...and then HOPING that they actually self quarantines. Yea...that worked well huh?

And what about all those people traveling from the East? Did Trump think folks only traveled to the US from China?

People from Europe were allowed unrestricted travel for another 6 weeks...folks from the UK and oddball states like Bulgaria and Romania even longer.

I'm not sure WTF we're arguing over?! You keep switching sides?!
1. Democrats first said that trump was xenophobic for stopping flights from China, except for US citizens returning home from the pandemic. Now the democrats are saying that Trump should have stopped flights sooner?!

2. Trump was the first one to stop air travel between the US and the EU, and everyone was in an uproar, but now you're saying he should have done that sooner too? You can't have it both ways. Pick one side or the other, but be consistent.

From your article, Trump gives his reasons for why the WHO was wrong. You didn't give any rationale' or facts why Trump was wrong. Hint: Trump is right, the WHO screwed-up, so this is just one of your daily TDS troll threads.

"They did give us some pretty bad play calling ... with regard to us, they’re taking a lot of heat because they didn’t want the borders closed, they called it wrong. They really called, I would say, every aspect of it wrong,” Trump said at a White House press conference Tuesday.

Trump made the accusations... He has to present the proof...

By all accounts Trump was given plenty of warnings, we have documented that well before. He ignored them.

Trump is just trying to deflect blame... Now Trump has to make the case he wasn't warned... I am sure the various people who warned Trump did talk to the WHO and they told them

From your article, Trump gives his reasons for why the WHO was wrong. You didn't give any rationale' or facts why Trump was wrong. Hint: Trump is right, the WHO screwed-up, so this is just one of your daily TDS troll threads.

"They did give us some pretty bad play calling ... with regard to us, they’re taking a lot of heat because they didn’t want the borders closed, they called it wrong. They really called, I would say, every aspect of it wrong,” Trump said at a White House press conference Tuesday.
Not surprisingly, you missed the point. As David Frum points out in his excellent article.........https://www.usmessageboard.com/threads/conservative-david-frum-this-is-all-trumps-fault.816307/
...................Trump is guilty of the things he accuses the WHO of.

He's trying to deflect attention from his own failures by directing attention to the WHO.

Trump's failures are well documented. They have been thoroughly reported. Some, like saying "it's all under control" and "it's all going to be fine," are on video tape. The depth of his failures continue to be revealed, like the recent news of Navarro's memo.

Just as he exposed his ignorance when he said "who knew fixing health care could be so complicated" he did the same by saying "no one could have known it was going to be this bad." That is as big a lie as he has ever told and he has told a lot of them.

He is responsible for the country's failed response. The political stakes for escaping accountability for his failures are high. Hence the attempt to deflect blame on the WHO, CDC, the states, Obama, etc. Trump will keep throwing shit on the wall because he knows it works with his fawning minions. The more it works, the more he throws.

You keep repeating "Trump's failed response" like that is going to make it true, its not.
Trump was right and the democrats WRONG, calling the travel ban "xenophobic" is as wrong as it gets, see video below.
If the democrats were in-charge instead of Trump there would be thousands more dead Americans. Now Joe flipped and is saying Trump's travel ban was a great idea.

Stupid Joe called Trump's travel ban "xenophobic"

So stop trying to find fault with Trump, its your flip-flopping Joe that you need to fix

Joe didn't call the travel ban ‘Hysterical Xenophobia’...

The video is cut at the time when he said the problem is with Trump and that a lot people don't trust him because of his past.

On the day the White House announced the travel restrictions, Biden did say at a campaign event in Iowa that as the pandemic unfolds, Americans “need to have a president who they can trust what he says about it, that he is going to act rationally about it.” He added, “This is no time for Donald Trump’s record of hysteria and xenophobia – hysterical xenophobia – and fearmongering to lead the way instead of science.”

The Biden campaign says Biden’s “reference to xenophobia was about Trump’s long record of scapegoating others at a time when the virus was emerging from China,” and that he was not talking about the travel ban.

On April 3, Biden’s campaign said Biden supported Trump’s decision to impose travel restrictions on China.

“Joe Biden supports travel bans that are guided by medical experts, advocated by public health officials, and backed by a full strategy,” Kate Bedingfeld, Biden’s deputy campaign manager, told CNN. “Science supported this ban, therefore he did too.”

I know you have to use false statements to make points because the truth would sink... Well that is what I think...
Could you correct me?

What's the lie?

Again didn't do that... Keep repeating a lie...

I'm not sure WTF we're arguing over?! You keep switching sides?!
1. Democrats first said that trump was xenophobic for stopping flights from China, except for US citizens returning home from the pandemic. Now the democrats are saying that Trump should have stopped flights sooner?!

2. Trump was the first one to stop air travel between the US and the EU, and everyone was in an uproar, but now you're saying he should have done that sooner too? You can't have it both ways. Pick one side or the other, but be consistent.

1. I proved wrong...

2. Well he is President.. Being the first to stop it can only be EU or US... Who else do you think is going to do it...
By the time he did that ban US had 1,205 confimed cases and experts were saying that number could have been 10 times at the time.
From that point on uS was getting daily growth of 30% growth until a few days ago... Europe has had way lower daily growth... The ban probably did more for EU than US.

I'm not sure what Trump is bitching about; since he paid no attention to the WHO's advice on closing the border--he did it anyway. So how did the WHO's advice affect us?

Trump doesn't like anyone that doesn't bow down and kiss our ass, so it doesn't surprise me. HE made a mistake of his own, though, by not taking the WHO's test kits. Was that pettiness because he doesn't like their parent, the UN?

I'm not sure what Trump is bitching about; since he paid no attention to the WHO's advice on closing the border--he did it anyway. So how did the WHO's advice affect us?

Trump doesn't like anyone that doesn't bow down and kiss our ass, so it doesn't surprise me. HE made a mistake of his own, though, by not taking the WHO's test kits. Was that pettiness because he doesn't like their parent, the UN?

The problem he has that if he compared to EU he looks really bad...
On the day of the EU - US travel ban
Europe had 23,506 cases
US had 1,205 cases

Europe has over twice the population of US. (746 m v 327m)
So on that day EU had 10 times the case of US per Captia.

Today:
Europe has 742,908 cases with 6% daily growth
US has 393,602 cases with 8.5% daily growth

-----
So Cases per Million:
Europe : 995
US: 1201

------------------------

That is absolute failure when compared.

Also take into account the UK shambles of herd immunity, Spain and Italy caught off guard... It looks even worse...

---------------
Going Forward.

Testing: US is way behind. They are half what Europe has done.
At this rate of growth it will double in 9 days in the US and that is with the lack of testing which is not catching this.
We are not testing asymptomatic people which could tell us a lot more about the spread of the virus.

Not surprisingly, you missed the point. As David Frum points out in his excellent article.........https://www.usmessageboard.com/threads/conservative-david-frum-this-is-all-trumps-fault.816307/

He's trying to deflect attention from his own failures by directing attention to the WHO.

Trump's failures are well documented. They have been thoroughly reported. Some, like saying "it's all under control" and "it's all going to be fine," are on video tape. The depth of his failures continue to be revealed, like the recent news of Navarro's memo.

Just as he exposed his ignorance when he said "who knew fixing health care could be so complicated" he did the same by saying "no one could have known it was going to be this bad." That is as big a lie as he has ever told and he has told a lot of them.

He is responsible for the country's failed response. The political stakes for escaping accountability for his failures are high. Hence the attempt to deflect blame on the WHO, CDC, the states, Obama, etc. Trump will keep throwing shit on the wall because he knows it works with his fawning minions. The more it works, the more he throws.
Let me show you how Trump failed.
Millions predicted dead in America at the beginning. Today's prediction 60,000.dead. Trump is the man!

The problem he has that if he compared to EU he looks really bad...
On the day of the EU - US travel ban
Europe had 23,506 cases
US had 1,205 cases

Europe has over twice the population of US. (746 m v 327m)
So on that day EU had 10 times the case of US per Captia.

Today:
Europe has 742,908 cases with 6% daily growth
US has 393,602 cases with 8.5% daily growth

-----
So Cases per Million:
Europe : 995
US: 1201

------------------------

That is absolute failure when compared.

Also take into account the UK shambles of herd immunity, Spain and Italy caught off guard... It looks even worse...

---------------
Going Forward.

Testing: US is way behind. They are half what Europe has done.
At this rate of growth it will double in 9 days in the US and that is with the lack of testing which is not catching this.
We are not testing asymptomatic people which could tell us a lot more about the spread of the virus.

Very good post! But your words don't add up to the truth when you do the math. Here is a plot of the EU v US "active cases" comparing equal populations. The EU countries are GER, FRA, ITA, SWI, UK. Their populations added up roughly equal the US population. Here is a plot of the active cases from this link:

1586400001315.png

From the plot Trump gave the US a good 2-week lag on the EU to develop test capacity and get medical supply train developed. The EU did not stop flights from China when Trump did, and thats the difference in graphs. The US may not be doing the social distancing as well as the EU, but that isn't Trump's fault, its the undisciplined spoiled kids.

So in conclusion, the US looks really good compared to the EU for the initial infection rate, after that its how the population follows the "social distancing" protocols.

Let the EU use the WHO's test kits. In the US we only allow approved test kits proven for accuracy. The problem was that the CDC test was soooooooo slowwwwww. New tests had to be developed, now we're doing about 200,000 tests per day, soon to be in the millions per day.

The WHO was wrong and Trump called them on it

You keep repeating "Trump's failed response" like that is going to make it true, its not.
Trump was right and the democrats WRONG, calling the travel ban "xenophobic" is as wrong as it gets, see video below.
If the democrats were in-charge instead of Trump there would be thousands more dead Americans. Now Joe flipped and is saying Trump's travel ban was a great idea.

Stupid Joe called Trump's travel ban "xenophobic"

So stop trying to find fault with Trump, its your flip-flopping Joe that you need to fix

Joe didn't call the travel ban ‘Hysterical Xenophobia’...

The video is cut at the time when he said the problem is with Trump and that a lot people don't trust him because of his past.

On the day the White House announced the travel restrictions, Biden did say at a campaign event in Iowa that as the pandemic unfolds, Americans “need to have a president who they can trust what he says about it, that he is going to act rationally about it.” He added, “This is no time for Donald Trump’s record of hysteria and xenophobia – hysterical xenophobia – and fearmongering to lead the way instead of science.”

The Biden campaign says Biden’s “reference to xenophobia was about Trump’s long record of scapegoating others at a time when the virus was emerging from China,” and that he was not talking about the travel ban.

On April 3, Biden’s campaign said Biden supported Trump’s decision to impose travel restrictions on China.

“Joe Biden supports travel bans that are guided by medical experts, advocated by public health officials, and backed by a full strategy,” Kate Bedingfeld, Biden’s deputy campaign manager, told CNN. “Science supported this ban, therefore he did too.”

I know you have to use false statements to make points because the truth would sink... Well that is what I think...
Could you correct me?

Yes joe did call trump's travel ban xenophobic, right up until he changed his mind and now said that it was a very good move.

Let the EU use the WHO's test kits. In the US we only allow approved test kits proven for accuracy. The problem was that the CDC test was soooooooo slowwwwww. New tests had to be developed, now we're doing about 200,000 tests per day, soon to be in the millions per day.

The problem was that the CDC's new test kits didn't work. THAT's part of why CDC was so slowwwww. "We only allow approved test kits proven for accuracy?" Let's also take into consideration that Italy makes all our swabs--no swabs. That our pharmaceutical companies aren't making enough reagent (or are selling it to other countries--who knows.)
Some of those factors should have been taken into consideration before rejecting available kits from WHO. They could have tested one to see if it worked. Seemed to be working everywhere else.

IT WAS A MISTAKE FUELED BY ARROGANCE AND/OR PETTINESS.

The problem was that the CDC's new test kits didn't work. THAT's part of why CDC was so slowwwww. "We only allow approved test kits proven for accuracy?" Let's also take into consideration that Italy makes all our swabs--no swabs. That our pharmaceutical companies aren't making enough reagent (or are selling it to other countries--who knows.)
Some of those factors should have been taken into consideration before rejecting available kits from WHO. They could have tested one to see if it worked. Seemed to be working everywhere else.

It was a Federal regulation that Trump didn't mess with.
I can just imagine the screaming if Trump started issuing EOs revising established CDC and FDA regulations.
(It wasn't a Trump mistake)

Trump blames WHO for getting coronavirus pandemic wrong, threatens to withhold funding

President Donald Trump blamed the World Health Organization for getting “every aspect” of the coronavirus pandemic wrong and threatened to withhold funding from the international organization.
................................................................................................
The sad truth is Trump got “every aspect” of the coronavirus pandemic wrong. Even sadder, Trumpleton's will lap up the deflection like an alcoholic laps up Jack Daniels.
The WHO is just doing what its communist master tells them. Red China developed the virus and it got away from them. It doesn't matter if they did it intentionally or accidentally. They lied about it and covered it up as long as they could. Their secrecy is what prevented the other countries that were eventually infected from preparing. The bottom line is you can't trust dog eating communists with anything. The world should shun them assholes.

It was a Federal regulation that Trump didn't mess with.
I can just imagine the screaming if Trump started issuing EOs revising established CDC and FDA regulations.
(It wasn't a Trump mistake)
Kyzr, he is quite publicly pushing and taking credit for the use of the anti-malarial drug that is still being tested. Way before the FDA allowed compassionate use of it. Trump has NO problem sticking his nose in and throwing out established regulations when it comes to the environment, though.

Forum List

Back