The End of Affirmative Action?

Weird, that is not at all the case where I live. Successful parents are by FAR Republican and send their kids to very expensive private schools. The lowest income areas are by far and away full of Democrats.
Republican is not MAGA. MAGA follow Trump not conservative philosophy.

True. The inner workings of DC are all poor and uneducated, and all vote Democrat. This idea that the Republicans - now disdainfully referred to as MAGAs - are the poor ones is a myth.
Where do you people come off thinking Trumpism is Republicanism. It is not. It is a cult following an individual not a political philosophy. Trump has hijacked the Republican party and held them hostage. They are starting to get away.

This is me:

- Am supportive to friends and family
- Help care for elderly mother
- Volunteer with a group that teaches financial literacy to low-income
- Obey all laws
- Donate to charity
- Pay my taxes
- and…..voted for Trump.

^^^ This is a MAGA whom nasty, brainwashed leftists demonize as threats to democracy.

So the 75 million Americans who voted for Trump instead of Biden are MAGAS. No idea what “follow” is supposed to mean.
It sounds like you are MAGA. A small portion of the 75 million voted for Trump are MAGA. Most voted against Biden. Of the 82 million who voted for Biden, most voted against Trump.

This might be an update.

It's on Huffpo this morning

Previous studies of states that banned the consideration of race in admissions found that the implementation of race-neutral policies led to a reduction of Black and Hispanic enrollment in the most highly selective colleges and universities.

If I were black, or a woman, I'd vote Democratic.
Or they could study harder and not rely on the Government to force colleges to give them a spot. If you loons where actually for equality, genitals and skin color would never be a qualification.

Or they could study harder and not rely on the Government to force colleges to give them a spot. If you loons where actually for equality, genitals and skin color would never be a qualification.
So your position is bias isn't an issue and doesn't exist. Let me guess you're a white man.

This is me:

- Am supportive to friends and family
- Help care for elderly mother
- Volunteer with a group that teaches financial literacy to low-income
- Obey all laws
- Donate to charity
- Pay my taxes
- and…..voted for Trump.

^^^ This is a MAGA whom nasty, brainwashed leftists demonize as threats to democracy.
What Republican would you like to be the 2024 Presidential nominee.
Do you have concerns abbot Trump's excessive lack of morals and ethics?
Do you have concern about Trump wanting to suspend the Constitution, over ride the 2022 election and over ride seperation of powers?

Weird, that is not at all the case where I live. Successful parents are by FAR Republican and send their kids to very expensive private schools. The lowest income areas are by far and away full of Democrats.
This is why I love it when Republicans try to deny the GOP is the party for the rich. They'll point to some rich liberals like Soros or Pelosi but there is no question that Democrats are the labor party. Trump tried to hyjack that and he conned a lot of blue collar people (diplorables) into believing he is the messiah and cares about working class people. It's just so fucking funny.

I bet your kids check off the box Hispanis, Indian or African American if they qualify as such. And that has helped them get into colleges and jobs. You object?

MAGA parents will get in their children's way of studying harder. MAGA is frightened of intelligence

Bigots do not understand bias.
But he/she has mixed race kids and grandkids. I find it odd that bias exists and hurts their children yet they are so conservative and white that they refuse to admit it.

If they would just admit bias exists and hurts minorities and women, then I'd be open to discussing how affirmative action is kind of unfair to hard working white men.

But what those white men don't realize is all up and down the company ladder, they're at an advantage. Or have been for hundreds of years. Affirmative action and diversity programs are designed to undo the wrongs that white men have done. Not only have done, continue to do. Because even today blacks and women don't get picked for jobs because "brandon" was more qualified". No he wasn't. He was a white man. People hire who they can see themselves working with. If it's a white man, and it usually is, they tend to hire white men. If they must, they'll pick a white woman. But rarely do they pick the black, hispanic and certainly almost never do they pick the black woman.

With affirmative action, it's a good thing to be a black woman. Without AA, it's not a good thing to be a black woman looking for a job. Why? Bias.

MAGA parents will get in their children's way of studying harder. MAGA is frightened of intelligence
One solution to that person's ignorance is do away with color. Just give poor kids a hand up. That way if John Smith and Tyrone Jones live next door to each other in a poor neighborhood, both of them will get special consideration from Harvard because they grew up in a poor household.

What Republican would you like to be the 2024 Presidential nominee.
Do you have concerns abbot Trump's excessive lack of morals and ethics?
Do you have concern about Trump wanting to suspend the Constitution, over ride the 2022 election and over ride seperation of powers?
I’d prefer DeSantis, although I think Trump is deserving of it. There are just too many people such as yourself who have been brainwashed into believing the things you claimed - which of course aren’t true. But the intelligence level of voters has dropped, so they’ve fallen for it.

My main concern is defeating the Democrats and their destructive practices and policies.

Forum List

Back