The End of Affirmative Action?

Nope. Diverse companies do much better.

Example. You want to sell your product to America. America is a very diverse country. But all you have is white men deciding what we all want? It's better to get blacks, women and hispanic opinion. Look it up.

I am sure that getting the opinions of all minorities and women can be done without hiring somebody with less merit than someone else due to a discriminating factor. Any business, institution, or organization that is insensitive to the wants and needs of all of the public is not going to be as successful as they otherwise might be. IMHO, earned diversity is fine, but extra consideration is not and in today's competitive world passing up a better qualified person for diversity's sake is downright stupid and should be illegal. Which it is in this country. Earned diversity means you are the best qualified, or among the best qualified, but if you are hired or promoted due to your race, gender, sexual preference, ethnicity, or whatever other discriminator might be, then that is wrong and also very stupid. And that goes for whites as well as everyone else.

This is bound to be another feather in Trump's hat:

The U.S. Supreme Court announced it would hear one of two cases on Oct. 31 that could dismantle the 40-year precedent of race-based affirmative action in university admissions, with universities now urging the court to preserve the decision despite some expert opinion to the contrary.

Students for Fair Admissions Inc. (SFFA) v. President & Fellows of Harvard College is one of two cases to come before the Supreme Court urging it to eliminate race as an admissions factor and, as a result, overturn the precedent case, Grutter v. Bollinger. The case also seeks to answer whether Harvard College violated Title VI of the Civil Rights Act through its alleged discrimination against Asian American students, stemming from the initial lawsuit.

Affirmative action is needed by the children of MAGA proponents. The MAGA proponents are under educated and under employed. Their children will follow in their foot steps into a dead end life. We need to help these children get education and skills for good jobs.

I am sure that getting the opinions of all minorities and women can be done without hiring somebody with less merit than someone else due to a discriminating factor. Any business, institution, or organization that is insensitive to the wants and needs of all of the public is not going to be as successful as they otherwise might be. IMHO, earned diversity is fine, but extra consideration is not and in today's competitive world passing up a better qualified person for diversity's sake is downright stupid and should be illegal. Which it is in this country. Earned diversity means you are the best qualified, or among the best qualified, but if you are hired or promoted due to your race, gender, sexual preference, ethnicity, or whatever other discriminator might be, then that is wrong and also very stupid. And that goes for whites as well as everyone else.
Absolutely! And this nonsense has gone to a ridiculous extreme.

In a liberal Northern Virginia county (are there any other kind), two volunteer positions opened up on a committee for the County government. It was announced that one of the positions was to be filled by a lesbian, and the other was to be filled by a trans-gender so that lesbians and trans-genders would have people who understood their needs.

My needs from the County are well-maintained roads, a good fire department and police department, nice recreational facilities, wise use of revenues (which come from property taxes), and a school system that focuses on academics. Do we really need a special spot on a volunteer committee allocated to represent the needs of 1% of the residents?

Nope. Diverse companies do much better.

Example. You want to sell your product to America. America is a very diverse country. But all you have is white men deciding what we all want? It's better to get blacks, women and hispanic opinion. Look it up.
I believe you don't know the difference between inclusion and diversity. Besides, please let me give an example of a diverse company doing much better, NOT an inclusive company. After so many years of AA, the US does not have a multi-thinking higher education system. The US has only a WOKE higher education system.

Your racism is that clear cut. All of your biases are clear cut.

What makes a minority or queer a better executive? Skin color or sexual preference? Do they make better business decisions because they aren’t white or straight?
Well then you tell me why so few women, blacks, gays, muslims, asians, hispanics are in the executive board room. A country as diverse as ours shouldn't be run by only straight white males. I'm a straight white male and even I know that.

I believe you don't know the difference between inclusion and diversity. Besides, please let me give an example of a diverse company doing much better, NOT an inclusive company. After so many years of AA, the US does not have a multi-thinking higher education system. The US has only a WOKE higher education system.
Tell that to the 200 fortune 500 companies trying to go diverse. They don't know either? You know? LOL

Bias should be illegal too but it exists. That's why AA is currently being used.

I should have told Missouri Mike this

The Fastest Growing C-Suite Title: Chief Diversity Officer​

According to a LinkedIn analysis of nearly 100,000 C-suite hires in the U.S. from January to October, the appointments of chief diversity officers grew 84% as a proportion of the total of senior executives hired this year.

What do you call conservative groups who pressure corporations?
I guess you mix up the EEO, social responsibility and diversity? Besides, you still do not have an example that a mom-and-pop shop that became 100 after it went full diversity.
As I said, AA in the higher education system showed that you could have all the social models / social theory of whatever and whoever but "it is what it is" in the real world.

Affirmative action is needed by the children of MAGA proponents. The MAGA proponents are under educated and under employed. Their children will follow in their foot steps into a dead end life. We need to help these children get education and skills for good jobs.

AA is race and gender based. How would white males of any political persuasion benefit? African American women are the biggest beneficiary and it isn't close. Guess how they typically vote.

Well then you tell me why so few women, blacks, gays, muslims, asians, hispanics are in the executive board room. A country as diverse as ours shouldn't be run by only straight white males. I'm a straight white male and even I know that.
Education, experience, motivation, work ethic, desire, execution. There’s a lot that goes into being a corporate board member. And none of it involves we need more bitches and minorities to run this outfit.

Tell that to the 200 fortune 500 companies trying to go diverse. They don't know either? You know? LOL

Diversity has no benefit for certain positions. Do you think AA should be implemented in the NFL? Whites, and particularly Asians, are far under represented. The exact same logic as to why that would be a dumb idea applies to hiring a lesser qualified candidate in a programming position or and engineering position, etc. in the name of diversity.

We are in decline. Real decline! This stupid game has hamstrung the Western World. In near every job classification where effects of quotas, affirmative action and diversity has reigned supreme, decline is obvious. Combined with corrupted government and we have sown the seeds of eventual death.

I guess you mix up the EEO, social responsibility and diversity? Besides, you still do not have an example that a mom-and-pop shop that became 100 after it went full diversity.
As I said, AA in the higher education system showed that you could have all the social models / social theory of whatever and whoever but "it is what it is" in the real world.
Mom and Pop shops can stay 100% white for all I care. It's a free country. I just can't accept that of all the jobs at the top, 95% of them are given to straight white men.

NPR added Christian to that. This is a christian straight white male movement we got going on here.

Corporations in America was a diverse customer base so they have to have a diverse employee base too. Otherwise they'll get negative attention for being racially bias. And sexually. And religously. Or is it all explained away?

AA is race and gender based. How would white males of any political persuasion benefit? African American women are the biggest beneficiary and it isn't close. Guess how they typically vote.
We change the rules to children of MAGA proponents, regardless of race. The MAGA children should not be put at such a disadvantage based on the culture they grow up in. The poor kids do not have a shot.

We change the rules to children of MAGA proponents, regardless of race. The MAGA children should not be put at such a disadvantage based on the culture they grow up in. The poor kids do not have a shot.

Weird, that is not at all the case where I live. Successful parents are by FAR Republican and send their kids to very expensive private schools. The lowest income areas are by far and away full of Democrats.

Weird, that is not at all the case where I live. Successful parents are by FAR Republican and send their kids to very expensive private schools. The lowest income areas are by far and away full of Democrats.
True. The inner workings of DC are all poor and uneducated, and all vote Democrat. This idea that the Republicans - now disdainfully referred to as MAGAs - are the poor ones is a myth.

Forum List

Back