The End of Affirmative Action?

You may be capable but before AA, white men didn't chose you for the job. White women are the biggest benefactors of affirmative action.

Because of you, I wish we could take it all back and see how many women would be in VP and CEO positions today. Far less. And would you defend those numbers or would then you admit there is a good old white boys network in corporate America.

My brother says don't bother going into HR if you are a man. Women get to head that department now. Right now there's probably 95% white boys who run the HR department in America. Every day that number goes down because companies are looking for women, or minorities. GOD I wish that would all go away so you would wake up. Then you would have to explain why so few women have "earned" those positions.

Not only are they looking for women, if a man would be paid $1 mill a year to be VP of HR, a woman makes $2 million or more. The woman who took over for my brother would have never got the job if not for AA. Now she makes $4 million dollars a year.

You're the typical woman who votes against her own self interests. Ignorant and arrogant.
Voting against affirmative action isn’t going against my own interests. As I said, I believe people should earn what they get rather than be given it due to superficial reasons. I was always confident in my own skills and knew I would do well. Only those who think they are inferior want unearned favoritism.

And besides, who says that’s the only issue at stake? It is also in my self-interest to vote for a) a secure border, b) policies that do not exacerbate inflation and a consequent major drop in the stock market, c) the party that is more supportive of Israel and doesn’t rally around the BDS-cheering Muslims in Congress, d) policies that crack down on criminals rather than coddle them, and e) education that doesn’t waste time in social justice leftism. These are all in my self-interest.

Voting against affirmative action isn’t going against my own interests. As I said, I believe people should earn what they get rather than be given it due to superficial reasons. I was always confident in my own skills and knew I would do well. Only those who think they are inferior want unearned favoritism.

And besides, who says that’s the only issue at stake? It is also in my self-interest to vote for a) a secure border, b) policies that do not exacerbate inflation and a consequent major drop in the stock market, c) the party that is more supportive of Israel and doesn’t rally around the BDS-cheering Muslims in Congress, d) policies that crack down on criminals rather than coddle them, and e) education that doesn’t waste time in social justice leftism. These are all in my self-interest.
Yes people should earn what they get. Who said otherwise dummy? I'm saying white males are bias against women and that's the reason for AA. You stupid bimbo.

I'll give you one example and move on because you bore me. Many woman who work just as hard and are just as good as men don't get the job because the boss thinks as some point she's going to get pregnant and put her career on hold. This is holding women back.

You know what? You're right. Stupid bitch! LOL.

You may be capable but before AA, white men didn't chose you for the job. White women are the biggest benefactors of affirmative action.

Because of you, I wish we could take it all back and see how many women would be in VP and CEO positions today. Far less. And would you defend those numbers or would then you admit there is a good old white boys network in corporate America.

My brother says don't bother going into HR if you are a man. Women get to head that department now. Right now there's probably 95% white boys who run the HR department in America. Every day that number goes down because companies are looking for women, or minorities. GOD I wish that would all go away so you would wake up. Then you would have to explain why so few women have "earned" those positions.

Not only are they looking for women, if a man would be paid $1 mill a year to be VP of HR, a woman makes $2 million or more. The woman who took over for my brother would have never got the job if not for AA. Now she makes $4 million dollars a year.

You're the typical woman who votes against her own self interests. Ignorant and arrogant.
What a strange post. So without AA women and minorities won’t get jobs because they aren’t qualified. This is your entire point here.

What a strange post. So without AA women and minorities won’t get jobs because they aren’t qualified. This is your entire point here.
Yes, it’s quite insulting. He insinuated that I would not have been hired for management positions without affirmative action.

It's funny how some people seem to think they speak for entire races or genders or whatever. They don't. People are individuals.

My brother had a woman replace him. She made what he made. Another company doubled her pay. It's that important for companies to have diversity people heading departments. This one being HR. So it pays to be a diversity candidate. Anyways, it was my brother's job to find her replacement. A gay black guy.

My white male nephew and his 3 white friends going to college think it sucks. I don't blame them. But it's been so unfair in our favor for so long. Still is.

My brother had a woman replace him. She made what he made. Another company doubled her pay. It's that important for companies to have diversity people heading departments. This one being HR. So it pays to be a diversity candidate. Anyways, it was my brother's job to find her replacement. A gay black guy.

My white male nephew and his 3 white friends going to college think it sucks. I don't blame them. But it's been so unfair in our favor for so long. Still is.
Wait, what!? Your brother had a woman replace him and found a gay black guy to replace her....that fricken doesn't make any sense. More likely the company didn't want lazy ass liberals working for them.

What about the Black lesbian dwarfs? They've been repressed for centuries. When do they get their reparations?

Wait, what!? Your brother had a woman replace him and found a gay black guy to replace her....that fricken doesn't make any sense. More likely the company didn't want lazy ass liberals working for them.
No my brother doesn't want to be the VP anymore. He was happy to name this woman to take over. Let me try to explain it all. He was VP for another fortune 500. He named her to take over. Then she jumped ship for double and took my brother with him. Said she couldn't do it without him. He made more money to go with her. Then she left again and honestly, I think he said she makes $4 million now. So from $1 million to $4 million because she's a diversity candidate. They are in high demand.

So he didn't go with her this time. That would screw the company he's at. So he made a deal. He can leave 6 months after the new guy starts. Take a 1 year pay with him.

So my brother may take a year off and try to lose weight and get into great shape. Maybe come back and consult after he gets bored. A part of you is afraid to take too much time off and you become a dinosaur quickly. Things change fast in corporate America. Plus with inflation. And you get bored. Plus it's kind of fun to be important and paid so well. How do you give it up?

He told me one of his bucket lists is to fly me and his 2 sons into Alaska for hunting/fishing trip. I can't wait!!!

Progressive liberals were against racial discrimination but now they are for it. This way they get to bitch about everything relative to race and act as though they are the champions of justice.

Progressive liberals were against racial discrimination but now they are for it. This way they get to bitch about everything relative to race and act as though they are the champions of justice.
You said that from the first time Affirmative Action was passed. You said it was bullshit in 1961 when FDR passed it. Really? No women, no minorities in management positions? Come on gramps. We've come a long way but we aint there yet.

Women, you should be ashamed of yourselves. You've benefited the most from AA. Don't be ashamed. You still deserved the job.

Affirmative action is racist by it's very definition and shouldn't be allowed in our society in any way, shape, or form. If you don't like racism you should want to get rid of affirmative action.

Affirmative action even if you consider it a positive thing because it helps blacks you have to realize it hurts non blacks. Giving blacks advantages based purely on their skin color means your disadvantaging non blacks because of their skin color. That is racist by it's definition.

If blacks truly want to be equals and be treated fairly, and be just like everyone else then they need to get by in life based on their own merits, willpower, ambition, intelligence, experience and personal responsibility. And if they can't do that then that's their fault, just like the millions of broke ass, dumb, poor white people in America didn't make it for lack of those abilities.

A employer should hire the best person for the job and not the right skin color. Colleges should admit the best students and not the best skin color. And so on. If we want to truly be equal then it's time we start being equal. And blacks saying they want to be equal but still want special treatment is not equal at all, it's the opposite of equal.

So what did your cousin and his friends have to do with that? Discrimination against them accomplishes what? You’re either for racism or against it. You better decide.

So what did your cousin and his friends have to do with that? Discrimination against them accomplishes what? You’re either for racism or against it. You better decide.
It's not that clear cut. If I'm right, and I am, bias is the reason 95% of executive boardrooms are straight white men.

Because you're not willing to admit it, AA is still necessary.

I don't think that selective discrimination is a good idea. We've got to do a good job of creating equal opportunity for everybody but can't be giving people a break based on a discriminating factor like race. There is an economic cost to an enterprise for allowing things like race to influence their decision-making instead of merit. I think the same thing goes for a country, we cannot be playing favorites. I know it happens, and we've got to continue to fight against discrimination wherever it appears. But the answer it not to allow it for some and not others.

I don't think that selective discrimination is a good idea. We've got to do a good job of creating equal opportunity for everybody but can't be giving people a break based on a discriminating factor like race. There is an economic cost to an enterprise for allowing things like race to influence their decision-making instead of merit. I think the same thing goes for a country, we cannot be playing favorites. I know it happens, and we've got to continue to fight against discrimination wherever it appears. But the answer it not to allow it for some and not others.
Nope. Diverse companies do much better.

Example. You want to sell your product to America. America is a very diverse country. But all you have is white men deciding what we all want? It's better to get blacks, women and hispanic opinion. Look it up.

It's not that clear cut. If I'm right, and I am, bias is the reason 95% of executive boardrooms are straight white men.

Because you're not willing to admit it, AA is still necessary.
Your racism is that clear cut. All of your biases are clear cut.

What makes a minority or queer a better executive? Skin color or sexual preference? Do they make better business decisions because they aren’t white or straight?

Affirmative action is racist by it's very definition and shouldn't be allowed in our society in any way, shape, or form. If you don't like racism you should want to get rid of affirmative action.

Affirmative action even if you consider it a positive thing because it helps blacks you have to realize it hurts non blacks. Giving blacks advantages based purely on their skin color means your disadvantaging non blacks because of their skin color. That is racist by it's definition.

If blacks truly want to be equals and be treated fairly, and be just like everyone else then they need to get by in life based on their own merits, willpower, ambition, intelligence, experience and personal responsibility. And if they can't do that then that's their fault, just like the millions of broke ass, dumb, poor white people in America didn't make it for lack of those abilities.

A employer should hire the best person for the job and not the right skin color. Colleges should admit the best students and not the best skin color. And so on. If we want to truly be equal then it's time we start being equal. And blacks saying they want to be equal but still want special treatment is not equal at all, it's the opposite of equal.

A few years ago, we were interviewing for a position in one of my companies. It was an upper level position and was paying in the low six figures.

There were three candidates who made the cut. One of them was a black gentleman who had a solid resume, but his background check raised some minor red flags. The position when to a white woman who had an equally impressive resume, but her background check was crystal clear.

The black guy who didn't get hired ended up suing us for racial discrimination. He'd convinced himself he didn't get the job because he was black. Oddly, the idiocy of his claim was highlighted by the fact that the person who interviewed him, my CFO, is a black man. Before we were set to go to court, the guy's attorney called our attorneys to discuss the possibility of a settlement. Our lead attorney responded "The only 'settling' that will happen in this case is my team's asses settling into our chairs in the courtroom."

So, we went to court. The plaintiff actually objected to our calling the CFO to the witness stand. They wanted to keep this successful black man who did the interview off the stand. Of course, their objection was overruled. Once the resume and background check was admitted, it was essentially "case closed". The guy hadn't a prayer of winning.

We won...

Nope. Diverse companies do much better.

Example. You want to sell your product to America. America is a very diverse country. But all you have is white men deciding what we all want? It's better to get blacks, women and hispanic opinion. Look it up.

The only person who can decide what you want is you.

Look it up...

Forum List

Back