The Dysfunctional Trump ‘presidency’

C_Clayton_Jones

Diamond Member
Apr 28, 2011
In a Republic, actually
‘Trump has been confronted with a series of administrative crises while struggling to move the ball on key policy priorities. He even returned to the campaign trail in Florida on Saturday.

At his first solo news conference last week, Trump likened his White House to a "fine-tuned machine." But the president was in the midst of a personnel crisis after firing national security adviser Michael Flynn. Trump's first choice to replace him, retired Navy Vice Adm. Robert Harward, turned him down. On Monday, however, he named Army Lt. General H.R. McMaster to the post, a widely respected figure in military circles.

The White House has also been bogged down in side battles over such issues as the size of the crowd at his inauguration to voter fraud conspiracies, sapping attention and draining aides.’

It's been one month. How's the Trump agenda going?

So much for the inane notion of an ‘outsider’ president.

‘Trump has been confronted with a series of administrative crises while struggling to move the ball on key policy priorities. He even returned to the campaign trail in Florida on Saturday.

At his first solo news conference last week, Trump likened his White House to a "fine-tuned machine." But the president was in the midst of a personnel crisis after firing national security adviser Michael Flynn. Trump's first choice to replace him, retired Navy Vice Adm. Robert Harward, turned him down. On Monday, however, he named Army Lt. General H.R. McMaster to the post, a widely respected figure in military circles.

The White House has also been bogged down in side battles over such issues as the size of the crowd at his inauguration to voter fraud conspiracies, sapping attention and draining aides.’

McMaster told Trump if Bannon or Preibus contacts him he'll resign on the spot. He doesn't take any shit from anyone.
This guy is an intellectual too.
I guess eventually Trump would hire someone good.
He won't last long in the Doofus' administration.

As far as to what's been happening, I'm not a Washington insider and the talk hasn't convinced me one way or other about any dysfunction. From what I see it has been a solo act and as far as his agenda goes, what I've been waiting for is his State of the Union speech which I believe is scheduled for a week from tonight. I'll be interested in how much detail he provides and hearing the congressional GOP's reaction in the days afterward. Based on those comments we'll see how unified the party is behind Trump and whether factions of the party will unite behind him for other than the fact he is not Hillary.

NBC news.....:rofl:

Forum List

Back