the devil doesn't make you do it

......so I was asking a ''christian''' why do some people sin and others don't......why do some '''choose''' to sin and others don't ...he said ''the devil makes them do it/the devil gets them'''....so I ask how does the devil do that to some and not others......he had nothing to say...he just walked away
..so, why do some people sin and others don't?
well, it's nature and nurture and both ......
..if there is total free will, why choose sin?? PRIESTS of all people should '''''choose'''' not to sin--but they do
All sin. All fall short. Let he who who says he is without sin, pass the first stone and many more. And make them big ones.
..that's a good point--yes, everyone ''sins'''.....because, IMO, it's just humans doing what humans were '''''created''' to do/made to do/can't help it
It is that free will decision making. Just screws up everything, doesn't it?
..I always ask if there is total free will then how come over 85% of murders are committed by males? how the the females ''choose''' better?
..or whites ''choose''' better?
Not met that many violent females, though I was in OCS with one or two that were bad to the bone. Trained a lot of males how to properly be violent when needed. Have seen a lot of testosterone fueled violence. Was not aware whites chose better. I thought serial killers in this country were predominately white, but could be wrong as I don't hang out on serial killers dot com.
hahahhahahah
blacks commit murder at FOUR times the rate--irrefutable numbers
HAHAHh again-- = a common MISTAKE people make that don't know the facts
---
ALL serial murders country wide don't even commit as many murders per year as blacks do in ONE MEDIUM sized city per year
..if you want the links/stats, please ask
..blacks commit over 3000 murders per year....serial killers less than 200......
...blacks rape at TWICE the rate of whites
...really, the point is the ''''choosing''' of MURDER--blacks ''''''''choose''' to murder at FOUR times the rate---if not total free will, why is this???!!
I thought this was the serial killer thread. OK, Harmonica this will make your day, cause it is about as racist as I get. I do not care about blacks murdering, shooting or attacking other blacks in drive by attacks, drug wars, recriminations on supposed honor at some slight at a backyard barbeque or any of that crap, if they'll keep it in that community. Mind you, I am willing to do my part and turn them it or if armed, within 50 ft (not likely) and I have a clean shot (again not likely) to prevent a murder, I'll take the shot and drop them same as I would if they were white. But, yes, I think they have a violent culture that is very tolerant of black on black crime, as many them in that culture do not think black lives matter. So, OK. If they don't matter to them, they don't matter that much to me.
Anybody that initiates an attack does it by act of free will. If I don't shoot somebody while they are attempting to kill somebody, that too is free will and exercise of judgement.
This was today in Jackson, TN. The picture is the gang guy, now under arrest.
1619826564557.png

It happened about 7:50 p.m. at the Clean Machine Coin Laundry on Carriage House Drive. Investigators said officers responded to an assault, where a man was reported to be attacking and strangling a woman. When the first officer got there, investigators said the suspect, later identified as David Lauderdale, had gotten into his car. They said Lauderdale put his car in reverse, hitting the officer and pinning him between Lauderdale’s car and the squad car. Investigators said Lauderdale continued to take off, hitting another car on Carriage House.
At that point, police said Lauderdale got out of his car and tried to get into the car he had just hit. When that failed, they said Lauderdale ran to a nearby restaurant. Investigators said officers tried, but were unable to taser Lauderdale, they said they eventually arrested him inside the restaurant.
Jackson Police said Lauderdale was taken to the jail where he will be charged. Investigators said Lauderdale is a documented gang member with several prior convictions, and was currently out on probation from Davidson County.

......so I was asking a ''christian''' why do some people sin and others don't......why do some '''choose''' to sin and others don't ...he said ''the devil makes them do it/the devil gets them'''....so I ask how does the devil do that to some and not others......he had nothing to say...he just walked away
..if there is total free will, why choose sin?? PRIESTS of all people should '''''choose'''' not to sin--but they do
All sin. All fall short. Let he who who says he is without sin, pass the first stone and many more. And make them big ones.
..that's a good point--yes, everyone ''sins'''.....because, IMO, it's just humans doing what humans were '''''created''' to do/made to do/can't help it
..I always ask if there is total free will then how come over 85% of murders are committed by males? how the the females ''choose''' better?
Not met that many violent females, though I was in OCS with one or two that were bad to the bone. Trained a lot of males how to properly be violent when needed. Have seen a lot of testosterone fueled violence. Was not aware whites chose better. I thought serial killers in this country were predominately white, but could be wrong as I don't hang out on serial killers dot com.
hahahhahahah
---
ALL serial murders country wide don't even commit as many murders per year as blacks do in ONE MEDIUM sized city per year
..blacks commit over 3000 murders per year....serial killers less than 200......
...really, the point is the ''''choosing''' of MURDER--blacks ''''''''choose''' to murder at FOUR times the rate---if not total free will, why is this???!!
I thought this was the serial killer thread. OK, Harmonica this will make your day, cause it is about as racist as I get. I do not care about blacks murdering, shooting or attacking other blacks in drive by attacks, drug wars, recriminations on supposed honor at some slight at a backyard barbeque or any of that crap, if they'll keep it in that community. Mind you, I am willing to do my part and turn them it or if armed, within 50 ft (not likely) and I have a clean shot (again not likely) to prevent a murder, I'll take the shot and drop them same as I would if they were white. But, yes, I think they have a violent culture that is very tolerant of black on black crime, as many them in that culture do not think black lives matter. So, OK. If they don't matter to them, they don't matter that much to me.
Anybody that initiates an attack does it by act of free will. If I don't shoot somebody while they are attempting to kill somebody, that too is free will and exercise of judgement.
View attachment 485737
It happened about 7:50 p.m. at the Clean Machine Coin Laundry on Carriage House Drive. Investigators said officers responded to an assault, where a man was reported to be attacking and strangling a woman. When the first officer got there, investigators said the suspect, later identified as David Lauderdale, had gotten into his car. They said Lauderdale put his car in reverse, hitting the officer and pinning him between Lauderdale’s car and the squad car. Investigators said Lauderdale continued to take off, hitting another car on Carriage House.
At that point, police said Lauderdale got out of his car and tried to get into the car he had just hit. When that failed, they said Lauderdale ran to a nearby restaurant. Investigators said officers tried, but were unable to taser Lauderdale, they said they eventually arrested him inside the restaurant.
Jackson Police said Lauderdale was taken to the jail where he will be charged. Investigators said Lauderdale is a documented gang member with several prior convictions, and was currently out on probation from Davidson County.
1. that's your mistake--there's nothing about serial killers in the title or OP
2. ok -I will ask this directly again, if there is total free will, how come females ''choose''' not to murder a LOT, LOT better than males? and how come whites '''choose'' not to murder as much as blacks

--it's not just race/etc--it's socioeconomic/poverty/culture/etc

hahahhahahah
---
View attachment 485737
2. ok -I will ask this directly again, if there is total free will, how come females ''choose''' not to murder a LOT, LOT better than males? and how come whites '''choose'' not to murder as much as blacks

You're still here on this kick? You manic or what? It is Saturday morning. I already gave you an answer to warm your racist little heart. About all you're getting. Have a nice day.

God made man evil, and man spends his whole life trying to wash that off. Unsuccessfully, I might add.
Maimonides responds...

MEN frequently think that the evils in the world are more numerous than the good things, that just isn't the case. He who thinks that he can have flesh and bones without being subject to any external influence, or any of the accidents of matter, unconsciously wishes to reconcile two opposites, viz., to be at the same time subject and not subject to change. If man were never subject to change there could be no generation: there would be one single being, but no individuals forming a species. It would be in vain to expect to see living beings formed of the blood of menstruous women and the semen virile, who will not die, will never feel pain, or will move perpetually, or will shine like the sun. Whatever is formed of any matter receives the most perfect form possible in that species of matter: in each individual case the defects are in accordance with the defects of that individual matter. The best and most perfect being that can be formed of the blood and the semen is the species of man, for as far as man's nature is known, he is living, reasonable, and mortal. It is therefore impossible that man should be free from this species of evil. You will, nevertheless, find that the evils of the above kind which befall man are very few and rare.

It must be admitted as a fact that it cannot be said of God that He directly creates evil, or He has the direct intention to produce evil; this is impossible His works are all perfectly good. He only produces existence, and all existence is good. God is perfect goodness, and that all that comes from Him is absolutely good. Consequently the true work of God is all good, since it is existence. ALL the great evils which men cause to each other because of certain intentions, desires, opinions, or religious principles, are likewise due to non-existence, because they originate in ignorance, which is absence of wisdom. The numerous evils to which individual persons are exposed are due to the defects existing in the persons themselves. We suffer from the evils which we, by our own free will, inflict on ourselves and ascribe them to God, who is far from being connected with them. Man himself is the author of this class of evils. The error of the ignorant goes so far as to say that God's power is insufficient, because He has given to this Universe the properties which they imagine cause these great evils.
What's his point? It's all mumbo jumbo to me.
You'd actually have to read it to understand his point. :rolleyes:
Just sum it up for me, I have no idea what he's going on about. Is it all fartsmoke?
It must be admitted as a fact that it cannot be said of God that He directly creates evil, or He has the direct intention to produce evil; this is impossible His works are all perfectly good. He only produces existence, and all existence is good. God is perfect goodness, and that all that comes from Him is absolutely good. Consequently the true work of God is all good, since it is existence.

And you consistently and intentionally overestimate the bad and underestimate the good to rationalize your beliefs that there is no God.
No, there’s good, no problem there, but if god made everything, then the universe was hard wired for bad too, by god.
Bad is the absence of good, dummy.
why do you sin?? if there is total free will?
Free will means I have the choice to do good or to not do good.

Sin is anything which distances us from God. There are three possible states; I can be moving towards God, I can be moving away from God or I can be stationary in my relationship with God. And I can change states at any time.

The root cause of most sin is love of self because it prevents one from being objective. God is reality. You can't see reality if you are subjective.

You might consider the word "devil" could be a figure of speech. Otherwise that "the devil is in the details" doesn't mean squat. ;)
....so, why do ALL people '''choose'' to sin if there is total free will?
Hormones are very demanding issues in human beings. Sex is all about competitive molecules that are unaware of sophisticated social mores surrounding fecundity and fighting the little do and don't molecules with a guided inclination of spreading the joy that continues the species. Hormones ignore all else but their purpose to bring life about in a life or death attitude that it takes to bring that little sperm to compete with his kindred to get there first eat his way through a membrane that tastes like a home run just before other molecules are pushed around to choose who does what to follow dna marching orders to do the creation of a being like no other to continue mankind's dominion as is stated in the book of Genesis to continue the image of God's pleasure. Of course atheists have already relegated the Good Book into the file thirteens of their fruitless pursuits, imho.
the bible is just fairytales/etc
That subjective truth is the reason why everything you see is skewed to that result and is the reason why you can't see reality.

You might consider the word "devil" could be a figure of speech. Otherwise that "the devil is in the details" doesn't mean squat. ;)
Hormones are very demanding issues in human beings. Sex is all about competitive molecules that are unaware of sophisticated social mores surrounding fecundity and fighting the little do and don't molecules with a guided inclination of spreading the joy that continues the species. Hormones ignore all else but their purpose to bring life about in a life or death attitude that it takes to bring that little sperm to compete with his kindred to get there first eat his way through a membrane that tastes like a home run just before other molecules are pushed around to choose who does what to follow dna marching orders to do the creation of a being like no other to continue mankind's dominion as is stated in the book of Genesis to continue the image of God's pleasure. Of course atheists have already relegated the Good Book into the file thirteens of their fruitless pursuits, imho.
That subjective truth is the reason why everything you see is skewed to that result and is the reason why you can't see reality.
jesus,god, santa,easter bunny are not real---you are delusional

God made man evil, and man spends his whole life trying to wash that off. Unsuccessfully, I might add.
Maimonides responds...

MEN frequently think that the evils in the world are more numerous than the good things, that just isn't the case. He who thinks that he can have flesh and bones without being subject to any external influence, or any of the accidents of matter, unconsciously wishes to reconcile two opposites, viz., to be at the same time subject and not subject to change. If man were never subject to change there could be no generation: there would be one single being, but no individuals forming a species. It would be in vain to expect to see living beings formed of the blood of menstruous women and the semen virile, who will not die, will never feel pain, or will move perpetually, or will shine like the sun. Whatever is formed of any matter receives the most perfect form possible in that species of matter: in each individual case the defects are in accordance with the defects of that individual matter. The best and most perfect being that can be formed of the blood and the semen is the species of man, for as far as man's nature is known, he is living, reasonable, and mortal. It is therefore impossible that man should be free from this species of evil. You will, nevertheless, find that the evils of the above kind which befall man are very few and rare.

It must be admitted as a fact that it cannot be said of God that He directly creates evil, or He has the direct intention to produce evil; this is impossible His works are all perfectly good. He only produces existence, and all existence is good. God is perfect goodness, and that all that comes from Him is absolutely good. Consequently the true work of God is all good, since it is existence. ALL the great evils which men cause to each other because of certain intentions, desires, opinions, or religious principles, are likewise due to non-existence, because they originate in ignorance, which is absence of wisdom. The numerous evils to which individual persons are exposed are due to the defects existing in the persons themselves. We suffer from the evils which we, by our own free will, inflict on ourselves and ascribe them to God, who is far from being connected with them. Man himself is the author of this class of evils. The error of the ignorant goes so far as to say that God's power is insufficient, because He has given to this Universe the properties which they imagine cause these great evils.
Just sum it up for me, I have no idea what he's going on about. Is it all fartsmoke?
It must be admitted as a fact that it cannot be said of God that He directly creates evil, or He has the direct intention to produce evil; this is impossible His works are all perfectly good. He only produces existence, and all existence is good. God is perfect goodness, and that all that comes from Him is absolutely good. Consequently the true work of God is all good, since it is existence.

And you consistently and intentionally overestimate the bad and underestimate the good to rationalize your beliefs that there is no God.
No, there’s good, no problem there, but if god made everything, then the universe was hard wired for bad too, by god.

Sin is anything which distances us from God. There are three possible states; I can be moving towards God, I can be moving away from God or I can be stationary in my relationship with God. And I can change states at any time.

The root cause of most sin is love of self because it prevents one from being objective. God is reality. You can't see reality if you are subjective.
hahahhaha--you people are afraid to answer the questions:
why do females choose to not murder [ sin ] at much lower rates than males? same with blacks?

jesus,god, santa,easter bunny are not real---you are delusional
You have never looked so you don't know. That makes you delusional for thinking you have. ;)

Maimonides responds...

why do females choose to not murder [ sin ] at much lower rates than males? same with blacks?
Nature and nurture, dummy....

... hahahhaha

hahahhahahah
---
View attachment 485737

You're still here on this kick? You manic or what? It is Saturday morning. I already gave you an answer to warm your racist little heart. About all you're getting. Have a nice day.
you are AFRAID to answer and confront the question
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
racist--HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
..you people don't realize every time you use the R word for bullshit [ like now ] you make it more and more worthless

Maimonides responds...

... hahahhaha
yes- = no total free will--you just admitted it

Maimonides responds...

... hahahhaha
yes- = no total free will--you just admitted it
Even Evil Knievel couldn't leap the gap in your fucked up logic, bro.

Do you even logic?

.....so I was asking a ''christian''' why do some people sin and others don't......why do some '''choose''' to sin and others don't
ALL people sin you idiot.

Some people STRUGGLE to keep the COMMANDMENTS while others dont care about the commandments.

Do you even know how to define sin? The Bible has a definition. Most Christians have a problem with that definition BTW

..if there is total free will, why choose sin??
Those *ahem* christian friends of yours keep a thriving mental health industry in full operation with mental hospitals, psychiatric wards, and state insane asylums all over the country.

It's more fun to drug other people by order of the court and cause them to sin than it is to commit the sin yourself you so desire.

Forum List

Back