The Coup against Trump part 2, The CDC edition, use the virus to shut down economy....

We know that the leadership of the FBI under obama, working with the leadership, john brennan, of the CIA, and members of the State Department, worked with the DNC and hilary to create fake information about Trump to initiate illegal surveillance against him and his people ....... this was later used to initiate a years long fake investigation by robert mueller which was then followed up by a fake impeachment to remove him from office.....

How do we know that these same elements...now in the Centers For Disease Control, aren't using the virus as a way to attack Trump.....the Coup Part 2?

We know that if you get the virus, you get a fever, a cough, and after a few days you get better....and yes...if you are a senior citizen with underlying conditions, you are at more severe risk...but that is true of the seasonal flu....

How do we know that the measures they are calling for, which are shutting down major sectors of the economy, aren't motivated more by getting Trump, than by realistically dealing with the virus?

The economy was one of Trump's strongest points....and now, through the measures pushed by the CDC, major sectors of the economy are being shut down, and the measures are now being used by democrat governors to shut down state level economies.....

Is this part of the Coup 2?

Yet another coup thread. Is this one considered a soft, seasonal, CDC coup by the right wing? Or you guys just going with straight up coup?
You do know in the real world, actual coups around the world are change events with a limited time horizon in which the subject of the coup finds themselves out of power or worse in a short period of hours or days...not years. LOL. If there is a coup against Trump, it's the most spectacularly inept coup I've seen in my lifetime.

The economy has been steadily growing for over 10 years...long before Donald John Trump was even a joke possibility for President. Trump could have mitigated the effects on the economy by taking things more seriously several weeks ago and handing it off to the experts then. Instead he chose to treat it like almost like an annoyance. Just another opponent to be shouted down with campaign slogans. I have no sympathy for either him or the sycophants who support him. You brought this on yourselves.

Compare how Trump handled THIS viral outbreak with how Barack Obama handled the Swine flu outbreak back in 2009, Jack. Show me how Trump has in ANYWAY treated it in a more cavalier way than Barry did back then!
We know that the leadership of the FBI under obama, working with the leadership, john brennan, of the CIA, and members of the State Department, worked with the DNC and hilary to create fake information about Trump to initiate illegal surveillance against him and his people ....... this was later used to initiate a years long fake investigation by robert mueller which was then followed up by a fake impeachment to remove him from office.....

How do we know that these same elements...now in the Centers For Disease Control, aren't using the virus as a way to attack Trump.....the Coup Part 2?

We know that if you get the virus, you get a fever, a cough, and after a few days you get better....and yes...if you are a senior citizen with underlying conditions, you are at more severe risk...but that is true of the seasonal flu....

How do we know that the measures they are calling for, which are shutting down major sectors of the economy, aren't motivated more by getting Trump, than by realistically dealing with the virus?

The economy was one of Trump's strongest points....and now, through the measures pushed by the CDC, major sectors of the economy are being shut down, and the measures are now being used by democrat governors to shut down state level economies.....

Yet another coup thread. Is this one considered a soft, seasonal, CDC coup by the right wing? Or you guys just going with straight up coup?
You do know in the real world, actual coups around the world are change events with a limited time horizon in which the subject of the coup finds themselves out of power or worse in a short period of hours or days...not years. LOL. If there is a coup against Trump, it's the most spectacularly inept coup I've seen in my lifetime.

The economy has been steadily growing for over 10 years...long before Donald John Trump was even a joke possibility for President. Trump could have mitigated the effects on the economy by taking things more seriously several weeks ago and handing it off to the experts then. Instead he chose to treat it like almost like an annoyance. Just another opponent to be shouted down with campaign slogans. I have no sympathy for either him or the sycophants who support him. You brought this on yourselves.

Compare how Trump handled THIS viral outbreak with how Barack Obama handled the Swine flu outbreak back in 2009, Jack. Show me how Trump has in ANYWAY treated it in a more cavalier way than Barry did back then!

Honestly, are we still parroting that load of bullshit? Here, I'll give you a source that even you righties can get behind.
Ex-Obama official fires back: Trump was left with 'global health infrastructure'

Please, just stop with this crap.

So you CAN'T show me how Obama reacted to the Swine flu virus any differently than Trump has?

There was a lot of difference. Plus he was dealing with the great recession, while tramp was watching the stock market.

The measures being taken here are being taken all over the planet right now.

This isn't a plot against Trump. If it is it is the most dastardly plot ever, beyond even a James Bond villain level plot.

Seriously, c'mon. We need level-headedness right now more than quite literally ever in the past couple of decades.

I don't like a lot of this either, and do find myself thinking the cure may be worse than the disease, but I do not think the CDC and medical community would be complicit in some plot to destroy the world economy to 'get Trump'.

The WHO and CDC are the only mechanisms we have in place to formulate a plan and deal with this. They're it. In the same way the left has to accept that Trump is the guy in the chair right now, like it or not, these organizations are the ones the world will look to to plot a course forward here.

Honestly, are we still parroting that load of bullshit? Here, I'll give you a source that even you righties can get behind.
Ex-Obama official fires back: Trump was left with 'global health infrastructure'

So you CAN'T show me how Obama reacted to the Swine flu virus any differently than Trump has?

I did. You are choosing to ignore it because of your devotion to Trump. Not my problem.
Refute the points made in the article. Then we'll have something to talk about.

Bottom line, Obama acted Presidential. Trump acted like a candidate.

The points made in the article are laughable, Jack! They don't talk about what took place during the Swine flu epidemic that killed thousands of Americans and instead talk about our response to the Ebola outbreak. Once again...are you now claiming that the Corona virus is as dangerous as the Ebola outbreak?

Once again...tell me what Obama did during the Swine flu outbreak that killed tens of thousands of Americans that Donald Trump SHOULD have done for a virus that has killed less than a hundred!

That article compares how we reacted to the Ebola outbreak and totally ignores how we reacted to the Swine flu outbreak. So are you now claiming that this Corona virus outbreak is like the Ebola outbreak and NOT like the Swine flu? Is that what you're claiming, Jack?

Last paragraph in the article...be honest with me, did you even read it? :)

There was a lot of difference. Plus he was dealing with the great recession, while tramp was watching the stock market.

Yet you can't name something? You're an idiot, Penny!

Did you lose a lot of money in the last few weeks.

That article compares how we reacted to the Ebola outbreak and totally ignores how we reacted to the Swine flu outbreak. So are you now claiming that this Corona virus outbreak is like the Ebola outbreak and NOT like the Swine flu? Is that what you're claiming, Jack?

Last paragraph in the article...be honest with me, did you even read it? :)

So you're claiming that because the Obama Administration had "testing" rolled out for the Swine flu that they responded better to it than Trump has to this outbreak? Yet tens of thousands of Americans DIED because of the Swine flu and less than a hundred have died from THIS outbreak! How do you explain that, Jack?

I did. You are choosing to ignore it because of your devotion to Trump. Not my problem.

The points made in the article are laughable, Jack! They don't talk about what took place during the Swine flu epidemic that killed thousands of Americans and instead talk about our response to the Ebola outbreak. Once again...are you now claiming that the Corona virus is as dangerous as the Ebola outbreak?

Once again...tell me what Obama did during the Swine flu outbreak that killed tens of thousands of Americans that Donald Trump SHOULD have done for a virus that has killed less than a hundred!

Take your fingers out of your ears and stop shouting but, but, but Obama at the top of your lungs. Trump is President. But facts are facts, Obama acted decisively. Trump acted....acted like it wasn't a big deal, acted like it was the latest hoax, acted as if it would go away...and cost us two probably three weeks of preparedness through his incompetence and ignorance.

What does that have to do with a comparison between how the Obama Administration handled Swine flu and how the Trump Administration handled Corona virus, Penny?

Take your fingers out of your ears and stop shouting but, but, but Obama at the top of your lungs. Trump is President. But facts are facts, Obama acted decisively. Trump acted....acted like it wasn't a big deal, acted like it was the latest hoax, acted as if it would go away...and cost us two probably three weeks of preparedness through his incompetence and ignorance.

Obama acted "decisively"? Really? How so?

This isn't a plot against Trump. If it is it is the most dastardly plot ever, beyond even a James Bond villain level plot.

Seriously, c'mon. We need level-headedness right now more than quite literally ever in the past couple of decades.

I don't like a lot of this either, and do find myself thinking the cure may be worse than the disease, but I do not think the CDC and medical community would be complicit in some plot to destroy the world economy to 'get Trump'.

The WHO and CDC are the only mechanisms we have in place to formulate a plan and deal with this. They're it. In the same way the left has to accept that Trump is the guy in the chair right now, like it or not, these organizations are the ones the world will look to to plot a course forward here.

Do you think the FBI used information from the DNC and Hilary clinton...which they knew was false.....to get illegal warrants to spy on Trump and his people? Do you think they used foreign assets to approach Carter Page, and FBI agents to entrap General Flynn? That they used the Steele Dossier fake information with James Comey to brief Trump so they could then give the press a reason to report on the fake information and as Comey stated, to get a special prosecutor appointed?

To think that the anti-Trumpers wouldn't put out extreme guidelines to spook Wall Street, scare businesses and to give Democrat party governors the pretext to shut down schools and major sectors of their economies is just silly......

It's amazing to me that you on the left will actually even TRY to claim that Obama's response to the Swine flu was in any way superior to what Trump has done! Do ANY of you remember the mass hysteria happening THEN that is happening now? Do you remember the shutting down of airlines, our cruise industry, our bars and restaurants? Do you remember panic buying of goods? You don't because NONE of that ever happened! Why? Because this wasn't treated AT ALL the same way be the main stream media!

What does that have to do with a comparison between how the Obama Administration handled Swine flu and how the Trump Administration handled Corona virus, Penny?

THE FACTS: His newfound disdain for the CDC’s actions and his criticisms of Obama and Biden are based on a faulty description of what happened in the 2009 H1N1 pandemic, initially called “swine flu.”

Then, the CDC’s flu surveillance network actually sounded the alarm, spotting two children in California who were the first diagnosed cases of the new flu strain. About two weeks later, the U.S. declared a public health emergency and CDC began releasing anti-flu drugs from the national stockpile to help hospitals get ready. Trump declared a state of emergency Friday, seven weeks after the first U.S. case of COVID-19 was announced.
AP FACT CHECK: Trump misrepresents Obama's actions on H1N1
------------------------------
tramp blames everything on Obama!! Tramp cut funding for the NIH for the last 2 years and now a third, to make up for the tax cut they got.

Testing wasn’t the primary concern then. The huge challenge was finding a vaccine.

There is not a vaccine, they need to make one!!

Moron....he stopped travel from China.....and the moron, biden and the rest of the democrats called him a xenophobe for it........he acted decicively and you guys can't stand it.

So please tell me what makes THIS virus so different than the Swine flu virus that we would have a completely different approach to it by the main stream media?

It's amazing to me that you on the left will actually even TRY to claim that Obama's response to the Swine flu was in any way superior to what Trump has done! Do ANY of you remember the mass hysteria happening THEN that is happening now? Do you remember the shutting down of airlines, our cruise industry, our bars and restaurants? Do you remember panic buying of goods? You don't because NONE of that ever happened! Why? Because this wasn't treated AT ALL the same way be the main stream media!

There was no mass hysteria. Because there was a competent individual in the White House who took action immediately. I'd like to note, I'm being as fair as I can to you with these sources.
Trump’s H1N1 Swine Flu Pandemic Spin

Do you think the FBI used information from the DNC and Hilary clinton...which they knew was false.....to get illegal warrants to spy on Trump and his people? Do you think they used foreign assets to approach Carter Page, and FBI agents to entrap General Flynn? That they used the Steele Dossier fake information with James Comey to brief Trump so they could then give the press a reason to report on the fake information and as Comey stated, to get a special prosecutor appointed?

To think that the anti-Trumpers wouldn't put out extreme guidelines to spook Wall Street, scare businesses and to give Democrat party governors the pretext to shut down schools and major sectors of their economies is just silly......

I think the anti-Trumpers would do a lot, quite literally whatever they could, to get him out of office. We're not in disagreement there. A lot of what we've seen since the guy won is despicable, including the obvious attempt in the early days of this for the left to use this as a political tool. No doubt in my mind and I've said so emphatically on this board.

But, I do not think anti-Trumpers are shutting down Italy, shut down China etc., shut down Europe.

In the context of a pandemic, I think this got out of control, we have to tamp it down to get past the acceleration phase and start reducing the rate of infection, and there are few options other than what we're seeing in terms keeping people away from one another than can achieve that end.

Trump took similar steps on his own. Stopped travel from China, stopped travel from Europe etc. These things, if viewed from an economic perspective, could be seen as causing damage. That's to try to stop new cases coming in. On a local level we're trying to stop new cases and slow this as well.

I do not think these steps are political in nature, but are the only admittedly lousy options we have at this point.

So please tell me what makes THIS virus so different than the Swine flu virus that we would have a completely different approach to it by the main stream media?

Yes....and we didn't shut down schools, the major sports seasons, and other sectors of the economy...but for some reason...in an election year, they decide to shut down the one thing that Trump has in his favor....

But we are crazy to think the same type of people who worked at the FBI, CIA and State Department wouldn't use their power at the CDC to also attack Trump.....

I think the anti-Trumpers would do a lot, quite literally whatever they could, to get him out of office. We're not in disagreement there. A lot of what we've seen since the guy won is despicable, including the obvious attempt in the early days of this for the left to use this as a political tool. No doubt in my mind and I've said so emphatically on this board.

But, I do not think anti-Trumpers are shutting down Italy, shut down China etc., shut down Europe.

In the context of a pandemic, I think this got out of control, we have to tamp it down to get past the acceleration phase and start reducing the rate of infection, and there are few options other than what we're seeing in terms keeping people away from one another than can achieve that end.

Trump took similar steps on his own. Stopped travel from China, stopped travel from Europe etc. These things, if viewed from an economic perspective, could be seen as causing damage. That's to try to stop new cases coming in. On a local level we're trying to stop new cases and slow this as well.

I do not think these steps are political in nature, but are the only admittedly lousy options we have at this point.

I did not say they were shutting down those countries.........

I stated they are using their guidelines here to shut down the American economy out of all proportion to the threat of this virus...as oldstyle is pointing out, we didn't do any of this for the Swine Flu.......or any other outbreak........until Trump was in office.....

Forum List

Back