The Christian Foundation of the United States:

AllieBaba

Rookie
Oct 2, 2007
"
We hold these truths to be self-evident; that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights, that among these are life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. "

• Banned
Christian tenet #1 upon which the US was structured:

All men are equal under God.

• Banned

"God who gave us life gave us liberty. And can the liberties of a nation be thought secure when we have removed their only firm basis, a conviction in the minds of the people that these liberties are of the Gift of God? That they are not to be violated but with His wrath? Indeed, I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just; that His justice cannot sleep forever." Thomas Jefferson, 1781, Query XVIII of his Notes on that State of Virginia.

• Banned
Not only are men created equal; we contain the divine within us.

Therefore, we must treat all men well. Do unto others as you would have them do unto you, and also love thy brother:

"That the most acceptable service we render to Him is in doing good to His other Children. That the soul of Man is immortal, and will be treated with Justice in another Life respecting its conduct in this. These I take to be the fundamental points in all sound Religion, and I regard them as you do in whatever Sect I meet with them."
--Benjamin Franklin

• Banned
Christian precept: We succeed and fail at God's will.
God is the master of all;

"We have been assured in the Sacred Writings that except the Lord build the house, they labor in vain that build it. I firmly believe this. I also believe that, without His concurring aid, we shall succeed in this political building no better than the builders of Babel” Benjamin Franklin – Constitutional Convention of 1787, original manuscript of this speech.

• Banned
John Adams:

"The general principles on which the fathers achieved independence were. . . . the general principles of Christianity. . . . I will avow that I then believed, and now believe, that those general principles of Christianity are as eternal and immutable as the existence and attributes of God; and that those principles of liberty are as unalterable as human nature. (taken from a letter to Thomas Jefferson on June 28, 1813)

". . . Some books against Deism fell into my hands. . . It happened that they wrought an effect on my quite contrary to what was intended by them; for the arguments of the Deists, which were quoted to be refuted, appeared to me much stronger than the refutations; in short, I soon became a thorough Deist." - Benjamin Franklin

"Christianity neither is, nor ever was, a part of the Common Law." - Thomas Jefferson

http://freethought.mbdojo.com/foundingfathers.html#Jefferson

A good portion of the founders were Deist, some of them were Atheist, some were Christian. The principles upon which this country were founded are common among several of the world's religions, and are more aligned with general philosophical thought than any specific religion.

• Thanks
Reactions: blu
  • Banned
Yes.

Again that has nothing to do with whether or not the country was founded upon Christian principle.

It was, as all the quotes of the founding fathers show.

A good portion of the founders were Deist, some of them were Atheist, some were Christian. The principles upon which this country were founded are common among several of the world's religions, and are more aligned with general philosophical thought than any specific religion.

:thup:.. 'zactly.

"God who gave us life gave us liberty. And can the liberties of a nation be thought secure when we have removed their only firm basis, a conviction in the minds of the people that these liberties are of the Gift of God? That they are not to be violated but with His wrath? Indeed, I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just; that His justice cannot sleep forever." Thomas Jefferson, 1781, Query XVIII of his Notes on that State of Virginia.

Is that a law? Is it in the Constitution? Was Jefferson even there for the creating of the Constitution?

That's neither here nor there. Whether they were correct or not in their pursuit of their religion, the fact remains...

they structured it upon Chrsitian tenets.

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights, that among these are life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. "

Let's not forget that James Madison, considered the Father of the Constitution, was a HUGE Enlightenment follower and brought lots of Enlightment essays and tracts to the Constitutional Convention.

And many of the Framers were also Freemasons....a lot was worked into the Constitution...and earlier the Dec of Ind that was first Freemason ideas...such as that all men are created equal.

Is that a law? Is it in the Constitution? Was Jefferson even there for the creating of the Constitution?
What does that have to do with anything?

Prevaricating. Again.

That's neither here nor there. Whether they were correct or not in their pursuit of their religion, the fact remains...

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights, that among these are life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. "

That isn't a specifically Christian tenet.

Let's not forget that James Madison, considered the Father of the Constitution, was a HUGE Enlightenment follower and brought lots of Enlightment essays and tracts to the Constitutional Convention.

And many of the Framers were also Freemasons....a lot was worked into the Constitution...and earlier the Dec of Ind that was first Freemason ideas...such as that all men are created equal.

So have we switched subjects?

Cuz the thread is about whether or not Christian tenets were employed in the structuring of this country.

The quotes above prove they were.

So now are we talking about the Constititution? Or are we talking about what faiths the FF were? Because, as I'm sure you know, those are completely different subjects.

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal,

Enlightenment / Freemason idea....Christianity does NOT preach Equality upon birth...unless you want to find the Scripture that says that...

that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights, that among these are life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. "

Why not "God"? And again, show us in Christian scripture that men are born with unalienable rights, that among these are life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness"....those are lifted right out of the Enlightenment essays of John Locke who wrote about the Social Contract, Natural Rights such as life, liberty, and property.

So have we switched subjects?

Cuz the thread is about whether or not Christian tenets were employed in the structuring of this country.
The quotes above prove they were.

So now are we talking about the Constititution? Or are we talking about what faiths the FF were? Because, as I'm sure you know, those are completely different subjects.

Exactly what we are discussing...those tenets employed ARE NOT Christian tenets, they are Enlightenment/Freemasonry tenets.

That's silly and redundant. The NT is full of references to the equality of all men. It's the point of planting Christ in the home of a poor laborer.

But that's a different topic, too.

Are we arguing about bible content now? Should I make you a thread for every topic so you can keep them straight?

Forum List

Back